[Shop] Stepping out of the shop (open)

Gallant_Quill

"All done!" cried Gallant Quill from the back corner of the store. Callipygian woke up from his perch as the Pegasus cried out in delight in finishes his important task. Callipygian grumbled a bit to see that his ferret friend Butter was eating a book called "The Right Way To Clean Your Hooves".

"Quill take inventory," the old owl began. "Order one book titled "The Right Way To Clean Your Hooves". It seems our Mustelidea friend has gotten into another one of our precious books" He said rather harshly. A gallop of hooves could be heard from the back of the store galloping while papers and books flew behind his tracks.

"OH NO! NOT THAT ONE! THAT ONE IS THE MOST POPULAR HOOF CLEANING BOOK CANTERLOTT!" He stopped right in front of his ferret friend tearing into the book with paper scraps flying everywhere. He gave him a little shove with his hoof which stunned the ferret who then ran away to get into some more trouble. "Now I will have to order a new one."

"A new one?" began Callipygian, awake and alert now. "Why would you bloody get a new one? No one ever comes into the shop? There's a public library right next store, every pony goes there for their book needs! Even I would rather goo there for a book rather then purchase one here in my own home!"

"Everyone must pay for all books." began Gallant Quill, "Even house residents."

"What about Butter?" asked Callipygian making a good point.

"He's a ferret he doesn't know any better. He's not like you he's a normal animal."

"Look Quill, the point I'm making is that no one ever comes to the book store. You spend every waking minute in the bookstore. Also the only friends you have is this old owl and a dumb ferret who would eat his own foot given the chance." Callipygian eyed back at the ferret who noticed his slender brown leg and promptly chewing on it.

"My point Quill is you need to make more pony friends. You need to get out there and see what here is too see. Your a Pegasus yet the last time you've been to Cloudsdale was years ago."

Quill looked nervously down at the cluttered floor full of books and then back to the wise old Owl. "Will you watch the store for me then?"

"Sure, sure I will. And I will keep an eye on that pesky ferret too! Make sure he doesn't eat anymore inventory."Callipygian said with his chest puffed out. He seemed very serious.

"All right. Fine. I'll give it an hour." Quill slowly walked away from his friend who the last thing he heard from him was something about ferret eating the bibliography of Princess Celestia. He slowly opened the door and took a peak outside to view the brave new world of Ponyville

"Thanks again!" Rexi called as she took the book she had just borrowed from the library and stuffed it into the dinosaur printed bag that hung over her back, before nudging the flap closed to keep the book safe--the last thing she wanted to do was mess up the brand new book she found. Grinning widely, the pegasus pony began to trot about happily just outside of the library for a few minutes, before turning around and beginning to gallop away at full speed.

"Yes! Another book on dinosaurs discover! Gaooo!" the rambunctious called out at the top of her lungs as she zipped about the place, hardly able to contain her excitement about her discovery or what information may be laying in wait for her to discover.

"I wonder if it has lots of pictures and new information about dinosaurs! Oh and maybe how to pronounce their names!" Rexi grinned widely, the thoughts of all the images and information about dinosaurs she could discover inside of the books pages was sending her into a tizzy of excitement--she could hardly wait to read it.

"Gaao! Gaooo!" Rexi yelled out at the top of her lungs, revealing the source of the 'Rawry' part of her name. "Gaaaoo!!" she yelled out once again, as she began to stomp her feet about, making as much noise as she possibly could in the process..once again the filly's active imagination had gotten hold of her.

Flapping her wings for a few minutes, Rexi suddenly flew into the air and quickly began to zip all over the place, yelling and roaring like a dinosaur everywhere she went, quickly getting completely sucked into her energetic imagination..perhaps to much. The pegasus pony was so absorbed by pretending to be a dinosaur, she didn't notice the door to the bookstore opening, the door that she ran smack into with a loud thunk.

"gaa..ooo.." Rexi groaned out dizzily as she fell over backwards, her wings sprawled out on the ground beside her... Door: 1 Rexi: 0

Gallant Quill heard a loud THUMP when he had opened the door. Quill thought this odd so he tried to find the source of the noise. He looked to the left. Nothing. He looked to the right. Again nothing. This had started to puzzle him for a bit because he didn't see anything. Then he had an idea. He looked up this time. But still nothing. That's when it hit him. The source of the noise was on the ground of course! So he looked down to find an out stretched Pegasus pony laying on the ground.

"What have I done?" he said to himself in a whisper.

"WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?" he said this time in loud and frantic panic.

"QUICK WE NEED AN AMBULANCE! NO WE NEED THE WHOLE HOSPITAL! WE NEED A DOCTOR! NO A BRAIN SURGEON!" he cried as he galloped around the town square causing a commotion. His excitement was getting the best of him as it usually did. After he calmed down and stopped screaming he did what ever normal pony would of done to begin with. He trotted up to the grounded pony who was sprang across in front of his shop.

"Oh my goodness miss I'm so sorry. Are you OK?" he asked her.

Laying on the ground for a little while longer, Rexi gave a bit of a groan as she slowly began to come back around. Sitting up slowly, the pegasus pony was almost sure she could see stars spinning around her head as her ears rang from the collision with the door.

"IIIImmm... okay." Rexi mumbled out softly as she struggled to get her world to stop spinning long enough for her to see straight at the very least..what did she run into--oh that was right, a door. Sitting there for a little bit longer, Rexi blinked for a moment as a sound of an unknown voice eared her ears, causing them to swivel in the direction that it came from, only to find golden-yellow pegasus pony standing beside her with what seemed like a look of worry on his face.

"I think..so?" Rexi said a few minutes later, as she looked over towards the pegasus pony, before giving a bit of a grin. "Yeah I'm alright--just a bit wobbly at the point." she explained with a small grin, as she stood to her feet before wobbling to the side slightly..apparently still a tiny by dizzy from her collision with the door. "See?" Rexi smiling a bit more, almost as if trying to reassure the other pony.

"I'm alright--really? Besides, I was the one who wasn't looking where she was going." she said with a bit of a nervous laugh. "So if anything, it's my fault I ran into your door." the pegasus pony gave another chuckle, before lifting her hoof and holding it out to the other pony to shake.

"My name's Rawry Rexi, but you can call me Rexi for short if you want." Rexi said, flapping her wings for a moment to make sure they were okay before folding them down...wait okay..the book! Spinning around quickly, Rexi suddenly began to spin around in circles as she attempted to see if the book was still in her dinosaur print bag or if it had been knocked out during her collision with the bookstore's door.

Gallant Quill gave a sigh of relief as he had finally fully calmed down.

"What a relief. I'm Gallant Quill, but most ponies just call me Quill." he said in a normal tone. "If I knew any other ponies." he thought to himself. Quill noticed a book with a dinosaur on the cover lying on the ground only the cover was a bit bent and the spine had broken, causing some pages to fall out of the book. He noticed her Cutiemark, the dinosaur print on her bag and put two and two together and realized it must of been her book.

"Oh no, it appears your book is broken! Oh I must repay you it's the least I can do." he said in a sad tone. He felt bad about the book because though it wasn't anyone's fault he still felt that if he hadn't felt adventurous then nothing would of happened to the book in the first place. Also he always felt a sharp tug on his heartstrings when anything ever happened to a book.

"Come inside my shop I might be able to fix the spin and try to make the cover look more presentable." When he picked up the book he noticed it was from the library. The library being one of his many foes for it had taken away so many costumers. But he still felt a responsibility to fix the book no matter what.

"Oh my this book appears to belong to the library. Well this makes it more serious. We've not a moment to loose! I'll make sure it looks brand new like the day it came off the printing press!"

"Then I'll call you Quill to." Rexi said with a smile as she stared back at the pony, managing to stop spinning long enough to respond to him. Preparing to spin around once again, Rexi suddenly came to a halt as she noticed the book that Quill had mentioned.

"Oh No! I just got it too..." she whined out softly, her ears drooping slightly a the sight of the mangled book..and to think she had told herself she would be careful with it too. "What am I going to tell them?" Rexi whined out softly, slowly beginning to panic slightly as she realized the true extent of the damage done to the book. What to do, what do too..wait what did he say?

"fix? shop?" Rexi asked curiously as she turned around to get a better look at the shop that the door belonged to, only to have her eyes widen for a moment. "You own a bookstore?!" she exclaimed suddenly turning back to face Quill, a wide grin spreading across her face in excitement--oh! The number of dinosaur books that could possibly be in there, she could hardly wait to check it out...wait wait, she had a broken book to worry about first.

"Really?? You can do that?" Rexi asked as she glanced between Quill and the dinosaur book for a few minutes, her smile widening as she realized that what she that it wasn't really as bad as she thought it was--perhaps running into Quill's door was a good thing after all--not only did she meet a good new friend, but she found a bookstore that might possibly have tons of dinosaur books..well she hoped so at least.

"Then lead the way!" Rexi said with a grin as she glanced over towards Quill, lifting her hoof for a moment. "By the way, do you have any dinosaur books? like one the one I got form the library, but but ones with pictures of the dinosaurs! Possibly with some of them going gaaoo!" she explained excitedly, standing up on her hind legs for a moment and giving a bit of a roar, once again returning to her rambunctious nature.

(Hey have you been getting any of my messages?)

As they entered the bookshop, a little bang rang above them alerting anyone and everyone in the shop of new arrivals. The ringing off the old cash register that Quill owned for his shop caught their attention. They turned their heads to see who was responsible for the noise.

"Well well look who's back so soon." said Callipygian as he closed the cash registers tray, making him obviously the one who opened it in the first place.

"I'm sorry Callipygian but I ran into this little filly and I promised to fix her book." responded Quill. A little head ferret head poked out of a book and ran towards Rexi running all around her legs.

"Can you please help her find a book on dinosaurs?" asked Quill but he didn't notice that Callipygian had already taken the filly away to the back of the bookstore. He always seemed so friendly to everyone except Quill. So Quill just rolled his eyes and went into the back office where he made his own books.

"This shouldn't be too hard. I've printed my own books a hundred times. This one just needs a little mending."

mean while at the back of the store Callipygian and Butter were trying to help Rexi find the dinosaur section in their book store.

"I Don't seem to see it anywhere. Do you see anything Rexi?" asked Callipygian

(yeah. Sorry about the late response... *sweat* life caught up with me for a bit.))

Looking around the store curiously, Rexi's ears stood up for a moment at the sound of the cash register being shut, causing her to turn her attention over to an owl. Blinking curiously, the pegasus pony tilted her head to the side as she watched the bird--almost as if trying to figure out what to make of it--only to step back as it suddenly talked to her.

"You have an owl? And it talks!" Rexi exclaimed as she began to leap up and down for a few minutes, only to begin giggling a second later as Butter began run around her legs, causing her to giggling and gently prance about for a few minutes.

"S..stop it! Stop it!" the pegasus pony giggled, laughing for a bit longer--even after Butter had moved away from her feet. Apparently somewhat ticklish around her feet, either that or the feeling of butter's fur brushing against her just brought on the giggles-it was hard to know with Rexi sometimes.

"I hope you can." Rexi said, glancing back towards Quill as he headed into his office to fix the book. "I promised I would take care of it--besides, it makes me sad to think that I'll never learn about all of those dinosaurs, like ones that go rooar or or gaaaoo! And RAWR!" the pegasus suddenly began to bounce about the bookstore--doing her best not to collide with the books in the process-making all sorts of roars and growls at the mention of dinosaurs.

"Gaoo! Huh?" Rexi's rambunctious behavior came to a end abruptly as she heard Callipygian calling her name and back to reality.

"Umm.." the blue pegasus pony blinked for a moment, as she slowly began to glance about the bookstore curiously--she was so into her dinosaur roaring she nearly forgot what they were looking for.

"Is..that it over there?" she questioned, lifting a hoof and pointing over towards a section of books off to the left of the store. "Let's go see!" she stated, quickly trotting over to look at the section she had pointed at a moment ago.

"hmmm...dinosaurs..dinosaurs..dinosauurss..." she mumbled out, slowly making her way through the section. "I don't see any yet-but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up! It's probably just hiding or something--right?" she asked, as she peered around the section towards Callipygain and Butter, giving a wide grin.

(It's OK life is starting to catch up to me too.)

"Most definitly." answered Callipygain, "But I feel like we're really close though!" while Callipygain was explaning to Rexi that the section she found was on inebriated dragons, Butter went around frolicking away. He sniffed at a stack of books and opened his mouth wide with a huge grin on his face. He pulled a book out from the bottom of the stack causing it to fall all over him. The messy book ridden floor seemed unchanged with a couple more books on the ground but nothing was noticable about this new mess. Soon Butter perked his head out of with an excited expression on his face. It seemed he had a lot of fun having books fallen on him. He pulled himself out of his pile and trotted to a bookshelf stacked to the brim with books. Butter managed to just pull one of the book out of the shelf when an explosion of books came tumbling down upon the ferret causing a huge crash to be heard through out the store.

"What was that?" asked Callipygain.

*BAAMMM* The loud crash could be heard though out the whole store. Even in Gallant Quill's back room.

"Now what?" thought Quill to himself. "Ah heck with it, I'm busy right now." Gallant Quill went back to sewing the pages back into the seem, which was very hard to do with just his mouth. He usually asked Callipygain for help when it came to a task like this, but he wanted to surprise Rexi. But in his frustration he gave up and walked out of his back room to go call for his trusty owl.