Looking for someone to play Twilight for an arranged marriage/political RP

Spider

Story

All is not well in the world. The two sisters in Canterlot have seen the writing on the wall; the uneasy peace that has settled over the land is coming to an end. The changelings have already tried once to cut the head off of Equestria in one fell swing. The zebras are not keen on the way the ponies use magic to manipulate the world to do their bidding, everything from the weather to the sun itself. The dragons with their new leader offer tentative backing to Equestria, although are under pressure from all sides to show support one way or another. But by far the most pressing threat is the gryphons to the east. Bitter about the ponies’ way of life, angry about their recent incursion into Gryphonstone, and more importantly, furious that they would allow the former Nightmare Moon into a seat of world power.

The sisters had done what they could with the gryphons. Agreeing to unfavorable trade, sending diplomats, building embassies, but for all they’ve done it was only enough to delay. War is around the corner, and who knows what kind of avalanche that would cause once the ripples traversed the world. Celestia has one last move to prevent that from happening. If the two nations were to be joined in some way other than diplomatically - say, a marriage - then it might just keep the gryphons at bay.

Content

And there you have it. Of course we’d have to discuss the specifics, but the rp can be focused on anything we want. It could be more about the marriage, the international happenings, I’m sure there’s enough content for a bit of action, whatever. And in case you’re worried, there doesn’t have to be romance. They could hate each other (which I assume they would at first regardless) as long as it made an interesting story. One more thing; we can integrate the canon in any way we want. Including not at all, but part of what makes this story fun is how all the nations react to what happens in the show. While we’re on the topic of canon, please at least try to keep the characters true to canon. I predict we’ll have a lot of them making appearances.

A bit of an addendum to this. Please don’t be afraid to add story elements and whatnot into the rp. It gets really boring really quickly if I’m the one dominating the story and you’re just along for the ride. If I wanted to do that I would write a fanfic.

Requirements

Everyone has them. Mine are kind of high, as I’ve come to find out. This is really the only one: put the same amount of effort into the rp as I do. It sounds simple, but it never actually is. This entire thing here is taking me about 2 hours to write up. I don’t expect that from every post, but I don’t want some barely punctuated thing you typed up with your phone on the toilet during your 10 minute break. At least proofread your post. If you’re reluctant or unsure if you’ll be able to do it, I’m providing my first post just below. Lastly, please be 21, because I want this to be handled with some amount of maturity. And try to post at least once a week.

First Post

Celestia sat at her desk. Between the mountains of scrolls piled up on either side of her sat an empty space just big enough for a single piece of parchment. Above it hovered a quill bathed in a golden aura. Her eyes were locked on that quill rather than the paper she was supposed to be writing on. It was an old feather that had fallen off of Philomena, one of her long primaries with a perfect red to orange gradient. Sometimes she envied that bird, sitting on her perch without anything to worry about.

A drip of ink from the quill interrupted her thoughts. It fell from the nib and landed directly onto the blank parchment, bringing out a frustrated sigh from the princess. She briefly glanced at the overflowing trash bin of crumpled paper. Instead she just wrote. By this point, the first few words were almost second nature.

“My dearest Twilight,” the letter began. “It is with a heavy heart that I write this. But as I’m sure you’ve discovered on your own, with being royalty comes the need to make very difficult decisions.” Her handwriting was much worse than she had hoped it would be. The lettering also faded in and out as her grip on the quill wavered. She dipped the tip in the ink pot. “Please come to Canterlot as soon as possible. I must ask something of you that will be easier said in person. Think of it as a final examination.” It wasn’t perfect. She was afraid the wording would cause Twilight unnecessary stress, but Celestia couldn’t find the correct words within herself.

She rubbed her eyes. The moon was high and no doubt her sister would worry if she saw the lights still on in the tower. Before rolling up the paper she put a signature at the bottom. Sloppily, but it was enough. For the final touch she stamped a seal onto the seam of the scroll; an imprint of her cutie mark in bright yellow wax. Her horn glowed. The message vanished into ash, the remnants floating out the window to be received by Spike. Now, time to sleep.

PM me if you're interested!

Archived