Away in a Hostel (Open to all travelers)

TheCustodian

Q0vYsY6.png

"Just sign here and here" 

It was an overcast afternoon in Griffonstone, with said griffons in the skies as they made their way home from work. Standing on the edge of a cliff a teal peagsus stood idly in front of a home as she watched a griffon eye the large package she had delivered moments ago. 

"I'm telling you, I didnt order anything," the griffon huffed as he returned his attention to the courrier who had disturbed his afternoon nap. 

Rolling her eyes Dust fished out a paper,

"This is 3304 Rok lane yes?" she asked,

"Yes but-"

"Then its yours. I'm not charging you anything, i just need you to sign." Dust interrupted, pushing forward the clipboard at the griffon again. 

The mention of not being charged anything seemed to change the griffons demeanor as he hastily took the clipboard and signed away.

"Thank you for choo-" Dusts obligatory company schpeel was interrupted by the door slamming in her face causing the mare to wince.

"Alright then," spreading her wings the mare took to the skies a moment later, her job in this miserable city over. It had only been the one package but Dust had lept at the opportunity to do some long distance flying. She had been gone for half a week now, and it would take about the same just to return home. 

These days Dust found herself enjoying these long stretches of flight alone, especially when it took her outside of the corrupt mess that was Equestria. Mixed with the fact she was given a generous amount of time to fulfill the delivery, Dust often found time to practice some advanced flying maneuvers, or engage in personal challenges involving the surrounding terrain. 

Climbing fast, the mare soon cleared the city limits as she began to head back in the direction of Equestria, the peaks of the Hyperborean mountains serving as a guide  that lead her out of griffon lands and into the badlands proper.

Giving a smile the mare began to fall into a spinning dive, before pulling herself up inches above a winding river, her speed causing the water to splash up in her wake. Chuckling silently she began continued along the river, not caring for the disturbances she left in her wake. It was times like this that Lightning Dust felt like she had before the Academy incident. She was the fastest, the most skilled, nopony could beat her, and all were in awe of what she could do. Of course this was all a delusion, but in the end Dust didnt care. She was happy.

Q0vYsY6.png

It was late at night when Dust finally arrived at the Orion Hostel. Located in the eastern foothills of the Hyborean mountain, the hostel was a place of refuge for those travelling to and from Griffonstone. All were welcome, so long as they payed and did not cause any trouble with other patrons. 

"Dust," a large griffon in the back stated, giving the pegasi a nod as she entered. The Hostel itself was nothing more than a large wooden cabin, with a large fire burning in the back and a series of cots and beds.

"Orion" Dust replies giving him a nod. She was a regular visitor, stopping in during whenever she had to go into the badlands for a delivery. It was a gateway of sorts, and most who entered the badlands often stayed a night here to rest and prepare. 

Trotting to the back Dust placed a few bits on the table and took as seat as the griffon placed a plate of food in front of her 

"Done already then?" he asked, counting the bits before stashing them away in the back

"Yeah," the pegasus replies, staring at her food for a moment before taking a fork and starting to eat.

Stepping back out into the bar, the griffon nods silently "Well you pretty much have the entire building for tonight." he chuckles taking a bottle out of an icebox and pouring a glass for himself and Dust. Noticing the reluctance of the pegasus to take the drink he takes a sip himself 

"Its just fruit juice." he smiles before stepping away to prepare a cot for the mare.

Shaking her head Dust really began consume her meal. A near empty hostel, good food, and a comfy bed for the night. Things were looking good for ol' Lightning Dust

Q0vYsY6.png

OOC:Simple enough, Orions hostel is just a pitstop I whipped up for the purposes of this rp. Just a simple log cabin with a max occupancy of 10 for the night. I figure places like this are common enough considering the vast distances between places, especially in areas where the trains cant go. Inspiration for what it looks like is similar to the cabin in 'The Hateful Eight'

Archived