[Shop] Erlenmeyer Apothecary

Cinnamon

Recently purchased from its previous owners, this building used to be a bakery. The sign out front depicted a loaf of bread, underneath which the words "Pumpernickel Bakery" were displayed. Now, the same sign has a picture of a flask filled with some bubbling green liquid, and reads "Erlenmeyer Apothecary". The interior previously contained shelves upon shelves of breads of all different types - instead, the shelves are now filled with glass containers of varying sizes and contents, all neatly labeled and organized. Looking through the shelves, a pony might find a test tube labeled "Poison Joke Antidote", or a flask of "Parasprite Pesticide". Near the back of the room is a small counter with a cash register. Behind this counter is a door leading to the back room, with a sign warning "Employees Only". If a pony were to go past this door, they would find a variety of stoves, containers, tubes, and other, more obscure apparatuses, all containing liquids of various colors and consistencies.

The counter has a small bell on it, presumably to alert the owner of the business to a potential customer.

Oppen Stein sits at the counter, having completed mixing the chemicals for sale. His eyes wander accross the room. This is the first step to earning the trust of Ponyville, and with that trust comes grant money, which in turn leads to more research, and only with research can he hope to truly help the ponies of Equestria. But for now, all he needs is a customer...

Orange Dart & Damian

Orange Dart rarely ventured into Ponyville, but she'd visited enough to know that the "Erlenmeyer Apothecary" was a new addition to the town. She and her raven friend, Damian, had come to town today to see about getting some additional medical supplies, but the new apothecary was worth a quick look, at the very least.

She detoured to the apothecary. The door opened easily, with a slight creak that told of years of frequent use. The smell of the chemicals invaded her nostrils, making her eyes smart. From his perch on her back, Damian croaked and fluffed up his feathers irritably.

Dart glanced about, appraising the shop's stock. She saw Poison Joke cure, pesticides and poisons for various magical pests and vermin, treatments for burns inflicted by magical dragon's fire, and the usual fare of detoxifying Ayurvedics. This was very promising--a well-stocked alchemist's shop in Ponyville would save Dart the time and trouble of traveling all the way to Canterlot for the tinctures, ointments, and other substances necessary for treating all the bizarre injuries and illnesses presented to her at her rehabilitation sanctuary.

There was one particular compound that was absolutely invaluable, and if this alchemist had it, he would have customer for life. She approached the counter and addressed the white pony behind it, "Pardon me, sir, but I'm looking for Sleeping Beauty's Elixir. Preferably in large amounts; I work with injured animals, and bones are so much easier to set when the animal's asleep and not trying to kick my teeth in."

Oppen stood up. "A sleeping potion, you say? Let me take a look. If I remember correctly..." Oppen started mumbling to himself, trotting over to the shelf labeled "S". He began to sort through the stock. "Sleeping... sleeping... sleep- Ah! Here we go!" Oppen pulled out a large glass jug labelled "Sleeping Beauty's Elixir", taking it back ot the counter. "If this isn't enough, I can make more for you. It's a little extra, but you get a discount if you buy in bulk."

When Orange Dart saw the large jug, her face lit up. "Oh no, this is excellent! I usually spend a good thirty minutes arguing with the alchemist in Canterlot for something half this big! I'll take it." She turned to her raven companion. "Damian, money bag."

The raven reached down into the saddlebag slung over Dart's flank and pulled out a small, jingling purse.

Turning back to the alchemist, she asked, "So, how much do I owe you?"

"Very reasonable. Ten, Damian," Dart told the raven. Damian dug out two thick, silver coins and tossed them onto the counter before stowing the coin purse back in the saddlebags. Dart retrieved the jug and tucked it snugly into the saddlebag with the coin purse.

"No, no, that'll be all for today. Thank you. I'll certainly come back. 'Bye, then!" With a flick of her wings and a quick nod of her head, she turned and strolled sedately out of the shop.