Private Dinner (vladspellbinder, Private)

Armony

"No, no, Stormsong, it's ok. You're a musician, you follow your heart and your heart told you to tell me this. It's really nice and, while totally unexpected, makes me just want to try that much harder to make us work. I already feel it there, the spark." He places his right hoof on his barrel, near his heart. "You deserve better than an empty lie though. I don't love you now but we keep seeing each other I am sure I can honestly tell you those three words."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deciding that, with the music over, and things not going quite as well as she might have made herself hope, it was getting close to the end of this date. Stormsong stood up, took a moment to dust herself off, and then began packing up her instruments, pointedly turning to look away from Sam as she did so. After picking up her saddlebags and strapping them on securely, she responded, "I would love it if we could keep seeing each other too, and if we did work out together. For now, though, I think we should get back to Canterlot before it gets too much later. I'm sure my parents have already started to worry with how long we've been out here."

Sam gives a light nod and stands with an even lighter sigh, using his magic to remove the dirt. He really hated having to do that, but he just couldn't lie about such a thing. He did have feelings for her, but he just couldn't call them love. It'd take a bit to sort out, but the best way to do that would be to keep spending time with one another.

"I had fun Stormsong, this was a really nice date. It's going to be hard for me to top." He leans some to rub the back of his head with his right hoof, closing his eyes and giving a light smile before putting his hoof back down and looking to her. "I'll have to give it a lot of thought."

• 2 weeks later...

With one final check to make sure nothing was left behind, Stormsong began making the trek back out of Whitetail Woods, beckoning Sam to follow her along. She was exhausted, and wanted nothing more than to lie down and sleep, but that would leave him to try finding his way back to Canterlot alone, and that just didn't sit right with the musician. The whole time they walked back along the path, she pondered over his words, wondering what was to become of them in the future, if indeed they did have a future together. She felt like she'd stacked everything she could in her favor tonight, and had the best date she could put on without having more time. From here, it would be luck that decided how their relationship might progress.

Storm didn't speak a word until after the two had returned to Canterlot, her own thoughts and aching hooves being more than enough company at this time of night. She turned to Sam with a smile on her face, "I had a lot of fun tonight, all things considered... but, I think it's getting time for me to get to bed. I can make it back home safely by myself. Thank you for coming along for my music, and... well, just, thank you. Have a good night, Sam."

With that, she turned off down the nearest side street, disappearing into the night, headed home with her head held high, even after the somewhat turbulent events of the night.

(Huh, was trying to look up some information in the previous RP thread but a lot of it seems to have been lost. I know it was there last time I looked about maybe a month or so ago. Very sad. Kind of wish I had made personal backups now.)

Sam walks along at her side and while not quite content to let the silence stretch between them he really didn't know what to say on the walk back, his own tumultuous thoughts not making it easy to form any kind of coherent conversation thread. And before he knew it they were back in the city proper! He smiles back, though it was uneasy.

"I had fun as well! Good night Stormsong and I... I'll write you at least, if we don't see each other soon." He gives a light sigh as he watches her walk off, removing his glasses and face-hoofing, tapping his face a few times while mumbling 'stupid' over and over again before turning to head home himself.

(If you are up for it I have a few ideas for a third date. Though that depends on if they'd see each other again sooner rather than later and if Storm would even show up for it after that debacle in the clearing! Either send me a PM or add more here.)