Quest of the Cutie! (Dinky and Twilight Shine!)

CrimsonNova

Dinky thought this was a rather strange thing to bring in her bag, and so tilted her head. "Why do you always carry a flashlight? Do you go exploring a lot? That must be it!"

She grinned and continued on their way, as Dinky bravely continued to ignore what she thought was the snapping of twigs and the crunching of leaves from all around them. Come on Dinky, there can't be anything bad in here! she thought to herself. I mean, we wouldn't be here if there was anything bad!

"So, how do we get our cutie marks," Dinky pondered out loud, looking around for something to explore further.

"Yes, I've gone exploring a bit." She said happily. "As to how to get our cutie marks... I have no idea. But I'm sure there'll be something to do that'll get us our cutie marks!" She exclaimed, bouncing to move like Pinkie Pie.

Dinky looked around, in hopes of finding something interesting to investigate, or something that might help them get their cutie marks, but jumped when a nearby bush rustled. "Woah!" she was shocked at first, until she saw what was doing the rustling. "Awww, Twilight, look, a bunny!"

Twilight turned the flashlight at the bunny quickly. Too quickly, in fact, as the bunny got scared and ran off. "Darn it!" She said. "Well, that was the only interesting thing that's happened so far." She mumbled in disbelief. She thought a forest would have more interesting capabilities!

"Well we have only been in here for a few minutes," Dinky said, skipping off further into the woods. She had forgotten about drawing the map, but continued to look around. "These trees don't even look climbable!" she whined, wanting to find some way in which to find her cutie mark. "You got anything?"

"Well we have only been in here for a few minutes," Dinky said, skipping off further into the woods. She had forgotten about drawing the map, but continued to look around. "These trees don't even look climbable!" she whined, wanting to find some way in which to find her cutie mark. "You got anything?"

"Well.... Um.... No." She said sheepishly. "Let's keep going, and if we don't find anything interesting after a while, we'll turn back. You have been updating the map, right?" She asked, turning to face Dinky.

"I hear ya on that one," chirped Dinky, skipping forward lazily. "The map? Oh, yeah of course!" she said, whipped out the map and made some stuff up. Twilight would probably remember how to get out anyway! They didn't need a dumb map! She flashed the map at Twilight and grinned, then jumped up again and continued on her way, indicating that Twilight should follow.

"I hear ya on that one," chirped Dinky, skipping forward lazily. "The map? Oh, yeah of course!" she said, whipped out the map and made some stuff up. Twilight would probably remember how to get out anyway! They didn't need a dumb map! She flashed the map at Twilight and grinned, then jumped up again and continued on her way, indicating that Twilight should follow.

"Good job, Dinky!" Twilight exclaimed, smiling and trotting off further into the forest with Dinky. She looked around, looking for anything or anypony that could be remotely interesting and/or will help them get their cutie marks.

Dinky took an over exaggerated bow and giggled, following Twilight's lead and looking around for something interesting. She heard another suspicious rustle of leaves and squeaked, motioning Twilight to be quiet. She then got on her belly, indicating that Twilight should do the same. She then began to crawl under the brush, hoping to sneak up on whatever creature awaited behind the brush.

Dinky took an over exaggerated bow and giggled, following Twilight's lead and looking around for something interesting. She heard another suspicious rustle of leaves and squeaked, motioning Twilight to be quiet. She then got on her belly, indicating that Twilight should do the same. She then began to crawl under the brush, hoping to sneak up on whatever creature awaited behind the brush.

Twilight follows suit with Dinky, and goes to investigate the noise that came from the brush.

• 2 weeks later...

(sorry! I completely forgot about this rp :sleep: )

Dinky nodded to Twilight and burst out of the brush with a loud battle cry. She jumped straight into a group of parasprites, who squealed and buzzed off in terror. Dinky let out a gasp. "Is that it?! Where are the manticore and the cockatrice?" she exclaimed. "Maybe there's nothing here, Twi," she said, with a heaved sigh.

(sorry! I completely forgot about this rp :sleep: )

Dinky nodded to Twilight and burst out of the brush with a loud battle cry. She jumped straight into a group of parasprites, who squealed and buzzed off in terror. Dinky let out a gasp. "Is that it?! Where are the manticore and the cockatrice?" she exclaimed. "Maybe there's nothing here, Twi," she said, with a heaved sigh.

(Oh, it's fine. :))

Twilight fumbled out of the brush just in time to see the parasprites roam away. "What? Where's the action?" Twilight complained. "Yeah, it seems this forest was a total bust. Give me the map, and I'll use it to get us out of here." Twilight said, motioning to Dinky to give her the map.

Dinky blinked. "Oh.. The map? Um, yeah! Here it is!" she pushed the map towards Twilight and winced a little. She hadn't recorded every step they took properly, and the last of it was completely made up. She hoped maybe she had gotten a little bit right. They'd be fine! It wasn't like they could get lost! They weren't even that far into the forest.

"Hmm... All right, so we need to take a left here, a right here, a couple steps forward here..." She recited, taking the steps with each direction. And in the end...

They ended up even further into the forest. "Hmm... well, this doesn't seem right..." She muttered, looking over the map again.

Dinky squirmed uncomfortably and peered at the map in mock-confusion. "M-maybe it's upside down!" she suggested, hopping from hoof to hoof anxiously.

Dinky took the map and turned it upside down, and then followed the instructions. The end result; yet even further into the deep forest. "Errr.. maybe not.." she winced.

Dinky squirmed uncomfortably and peered at the map in mock-confusion. "M-maybe it's upside down!" she suggested, hopping from hoof to hoof anxiously.

Dinky took the map and turned it upside down, and then followed the instructions. The end result; yet even further into the deep forest. "Errr.. maybe not.." she winced.

"I don't get it... You've been updating the map with our every step! We should be out of here already!" Twilight said, very carefully studying the map again.

Dinky flashed her an uneasy and over-exaggerated grin. "Er, yeah! I don't know how it can be wrong!" she squealed, peering around nervously. "How do we even get home?"

She jumped up. "Oh no! What if we get stuck here forever?"

Dinky flashed her an uneasy and over-exaggerated grin. "Er, yeah! I don't know how it can be wrong!" she squealed, peering around nervously. "How do we even get home?"

She jumped up. "Oh no! What if we get stuck here forever?"

"Relax, Dinky. Push comes to shove, we can always just wait here, and somepony will eventually come find us. For now, we can either explore further, or try to find a way out of here. Your call, Dinks." Twilight said, looking up at the sky.