Emotional Scenes

Discordia

There are three moments in this series that have made me emotional, and although it’s a little hard for me to write a short summary for each one, I thought I share them here:

Sisterhooves Social

When Rarity discovers Sweetie Belle’s picture. While I didn’t break down in tears at this part, this particular segment hit home for me. I’m not always the best person when it comes to siblings, (have both a younger brother and sister) and that’s mainly due to my Aspergers/Autism being at it's peak when I was younger and never fully understanding the sibling aspect of the family. But when that scene came up, I never had so many painful memories of my childhood came rushing back to me in that one moment.

Hurricane Fluttershy

No explanation needed here. This is one of my favourite episodes of the series so far, and for a very good reason. I wrote a fair bit about this episode on one of my blogs after it aired, and trying to put this into my own words for a forum post is a bit difficult. But to quote from one of the posts that I wrote:

From the humiliation that Fluttershy suffered as a filly at flight camp, this episode reflected my experiences when I was sadly bullied in high school for four straight years and the damaging effects that it caused, which sadly are embedded and have scarred me for life.”

Also the part when Fluttershy broke down in tears actually got me a bit weepy. Again, that reflected my past experiences that I suffered when I was younger.

A Canterlot Wedding – Part 1

I had the honour of doing a live reaction broadcast for the season two finale, and part one of this episode yet again brought up the sibling side and really hit me hard. The scene where Twilight tried to reveal the “phony” Cadence during the rehearsal, plus the confrontation with Shining Armor and the B.B.B.F.F reprise actually had me in tears, and not ever since I watched one of the Muppet movies on TV 20 years ago, this episode got the waterworks going for me from start to finish.