Humanized Equestria! (apply in OOC)

CloudShimmers

"That was quite the show, Mandaline!" Applejack applauded, "I don't reckon I have ever seen such a spectacle here in Ponyville. My little sister--spitfire that she is--would never let me live it down if I didn't ask where I could buy such a device as this 'Tron'! D'you mind spilling some secrets?"

Applejack gave her best smile, and her green eyes twinkled in honest enthusiasm.

Twilight smiled and gave a very enthusiastic comment of her own. "I agree with Applejack! Could you tell us some more about Tron?" she plopped down on the floor and patted the spot next to her, lookIng at Fluttershy. "sit over here with me! It will be fun!"

Rarity sighed when she saw that Fluttershy was tearing up. "Oh please, dear. I'm sorry, but think for a second of how you would feel if a pony you just met was hiding from you at every turn. I know you're shy, but you must consider that..." Rarity frowned when the girl began to go downstairs. She made after her. "Excuse me, ladies. This is my fault, and I shall speak with her. Fluttershy, please! Do hear me out!"

((Down her legs wait what? :-|))

"Fluttershy..." Rarity tried to put a gentle hand onto her friend's shoulder. "What I meant to say was that such an action could be construed as rude. I know you Fluttershy, you are the sweetest and most well mannered woman in perhaps all of Equestria." Rarity smiled reassuringly, whether or not Fluttershy was looking at her through the tears. "But strangers don't really know that about you, and more strict people may well misconstrue your shyness as a desire to avoid talking with them altogether... People like me, lets say." Rarity was a bit put aback by the idea that her opinion on other's rudeness was apparently held so seriously. Was she really that judgmental? This wasn't the time of course, so Rarity filed that thought away for a future conversation.

((Down her legs wait what? :-|))

"Fluttershy..." Rarity tried to put a gentle hand onto her friend's shoulder. "What I meant to say was that such an action could be construed as rude. I know you Fluttershy, you are the sweetest and most well mannered woman in perhaps all of Equestria." Rarity smiled reassuringly, whether or not Fluttershy was looking at her through the tears. "But strangers don't really know that about you, and more strict people may well misconstrue your shyness as a desire to avoid talking with them altogether... People like me, lets say." Rarity was a bit put aback by the idea that her opinion on other's rudeness was apparently held so seriously. Was she really that judgmental? This wasn't the time of course, so Rarity filed that thought away for a future conversation.

((Like, she has her legs close to her face. I thought that'd be evident. XD))

"B-B-B-But...." Fluttershy says, still crying, but a bit less now.

((Oh. You never pointed that out, I've been visualizing her standing and that led to some very interesting mental pictures.))

Rarity was now kneeling at her friend's height. She leaned in to give her a gentle hug. "I simply had to point it out, Fluttershy. You know me. And I know that you mean no harm by your natural shyness... Please, just keep what I've said in mind. And remember that I would never, ever, not in a million years, not on Celestia's crown or on a Pinkie promise, ever think you rude."

Twilight trusted that Rarity could handle it but she still worried about Fluttershy. She made a note to herself to do something fun with Her and the girls later. Maybe take her to sugar cube corner. "So the grid is a country inside of the computer systems? That's amazing! Must be some kind of magic! I have read everything Ponyville and Canterlot have to offer Nd I have never heard of it!" she was amazed and wanted to hear more

((Oh. You never pointed that out, I've been visualizing her standing and that led to some very interesting mental pictures.))

Rarity was now kneeling at her friend's height. She leaned in to give her a gentle hug. "I simply had to point it out, Fluttershy. You know me. And I know that you mean no harm by your natural shyness... Please, just keep what I've said in mind. And remember that I would never, ever, not in a million years, not on Celestia's crown or on a Pinkie promise, ever think you rude."

Fluttershy finally stopped crying, and looked at Rarity. "A-All right.... I-I'm sorry for overreacting..." Fluttershy said sadly.

Applejack whumphed to the floor, a mixture of disbelief and amusement painted across her features. "A country inside a computer? Isn't that just mumbers and coding and such? What do y'all do for food? I don't reckon apple pie made of coding would taste none too good."

AJ pursed her lips together in a slight frown, feeling she had excercised her technical prowess enough for a moment, and secretly hoped her friends were just as lost as she.

"Nonsense, Fluttershy. You were merely acting on information given. As we all do." Rarity carefully produced a second handkerchief from the front pocket of her dress shirt. It was stark white, monogrammed in thin gold with a letter 'R', and lined in the purple that was her trademark color; the fabric used was of the highest quality and it was soft and comforting to the touch. This was her personal handkerchief, one she never gave to any other person ever. She handed it to Fluttershy. "Now do please use this. You are such a natural beauty, it would be a shame for tears to mar your complexion." She smiled slightly and drew up, heading back upstairs.

Fluttershy looked amazingly at the handkerchief. She had seen this before. She had never let ANYONE ever touch this handkerchief. Fluttershy started crying again, but out of tears of joy instead of tears of sadness. Rarity was so nice. She wiped her face, and smiled. After she was done, she wiped the black marks that came from what little mascara she wore on the handkerchief onto her shirt, and put it in her own shirt pocket. She decided to stay downstairs for now, however.

"That is fascinating, and speaking of snacks, you'll have to stop by the Sweet Apple Acres when my relations are all in town! Now that is a hoot!"

As AJ was about to drift into a long winded story about the eccentricities of her numerous relations, her ears pricked up at the sound of some one very posted and purposeful headed back up Twilight's staircase. Recognizing those steps as Rarity, she then wondered if dear Fluttershy was right behind her. Listening in for a mere moment more, she couldn't hear another set of feet.

Jokingly she called downstairs, "Hey Fluttershy, you planning on living down there in Twilight's torture chamber? I am sure her hair brained experiments won't mind the company!"

Turning then to Twilight Sparkle she smiled sheepishly. "That might get her up here in a hurry. I feel bad though."

"That is fascinating, and speaking of snacks, you'll have to stop by the Sweet Apple Acres when my relations are all in town! Now that is a hoot!"

As AJ was about to drift into a long winded story about the eccentricities of her numerous relations, her ears pricked up at the sound of some one very posted and purposeful headed back up Twilight's staircase. Recognizing those steps as Rarity, she then wondered if dear Fluttershy was right behind her. Listening in for a mere moment more, she couldn't hear another set of feet.

Jokingly she called downstairs, "Hey Fluttershy, you planning on living down there in Twilight's torture chamber? I am sure her hair brained experiments won't mind the company!"

Turning then to Twilight Sparkle she smiled sheepishly. "That might get her up here in a hurry. I feel bad though."

"T-Torture chamber...? E-Experiments...?" Fluttershy muttered to herself. She started to hyperventilate, until she couldn't take it any longer. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Fluttershy screamed at the top of her lungs, running upstairs in a hurry.

"Applejack! Fluttershy was upset, give her time!" Rarity exhaled in only somewhat exaggerated outrage and turned her nose pointedly into the air. "Oh goodness!" Rarity managed to jump several feet into the air- a feat Rainbow herself might well have been proud of- in fright when Fluttershy screamed.