A night in Canterlot (Closed)

Nexar

Some could have called this evening a lovely ending for a nice and peaceful day. Not a single cloud disturbed the sunlight for the whole passed day and almost nowhere was any damage left caused during the changeling attack during the Canterlot wedding. As Nexar walked trough the streets he noticed, that most of the ponys here seemed pretty happy and mostly minding their own business, or the ones of their friends. In fact, most of them didn't even notice the light grey coated unicorn walking in the streets, leaving his head hanging down a bit, looking at his surroundings more from below than from the same height.

Nexar couldn't help himself, but walking here awakened memories he'd rather kept away, locked in a chest and buried on the ground of the see, to never been seen again. But here he was, walking in the city he attacked, and all just because of a stupid, sentimental thing he wanted to do. And when he finally stood in front of that certain house he realised, how stupid he was. As with most of the buildings and streets the wall on this house has been repaired. Just for the case, that one of the Mares would have been able to somehow detect him, the Unicorn stayed at the other side of the road, still keeping his head down because of an unlogical fear, that suddenly a group of guards would jump out of nowhere, pointing their spears at him and... Nexar shrugged and shaked his head a little bit. Better not to think of such a possible end of his journey... so he decided to quickly do what he intentionally wanted to do and to back up after doing so. And that's why he finally went across the street and looked at the front door. He could feel them... all the three of them. They seemed happy, as Nexar could hear laughing from inside, as well as he could feel their love for each other. Till now the young changeling pretty much ignored that feeling of love, but after those days his body was starving for the power of love which he had to fed on. And so he concentrated on the three ponies inside the house, carefully draining only a little bit of their energy, less than what they could notice, to fill up his own reserves. In the same second he stopped doing so, a guilty feeling overcame him. Here he was, that one changeling that wanted to be diffrent, standing in the city he attacked, in front of the very house he crashed into to save those three ponies. And now he drained from their energy. Knowing that if it wouldn't have been for him, their fate could have been much worse didn't really help him in wiping out the downsides of having feelings, and so he simply turned around and walked down the street. At least he was able to see, that the three mares were doing ok... even if he didn't knew their names, he felt like he had to care for them.

Shortly after Nexar walked trough the City again, his head on a normal height again, since now he felt almost full of energy. But nethertheless it was getting late, and naturally the sun was about to disappear at the far distant horizon. He knew, that he should go on his way back to Ponyville this instant, but as he was full of energy now he didn't really want to go back home. For too long he felt like doing the same every day again and again, and as the night would be just as cloudless as the day has been, there was not even a little chance of getting to fly today. So Nexar would have absolutely nothing to do, except for sitting alone at home... Besides, does a almost young stallion really need a reason to do something in the evening?

Shortly after the blue haired unicorn stood in front of a pub, taking a last breath of the clean air before walking inside. A good number of ponys were inside the building, Nexar didn't even bothered counting them. His eyes wandered trough the inside of the room, over the ponys here and to the bar at the far end. Music was playing and everypony seemed pretty happy. Keeping in mind, that he was shapechanged into a unicorn and shouldn't had to fear anything, Nexar made his way up to the bar, but already halfway to it he realized, that he was going to have a problem. Since he has never been in anything like a pub he had no idea what he should be drinking. So he looked for somepony that looked like if he or she could help him. The maybe first one he saw turned out to be a mare with a black coat and crimson red hairs, wearing a cloak. She didn't seem to be busy with something, and so he walked up to her and stood next to her. But it took a second for him to bring up what he needed to open his mouth and talk to her. "Hello! I wondered if you could help me out? I'm new here and maybe you could reccomend me a certain drink?" After that he continued with a slighty quieter voice, taking a look at his new surroindings and trying to tell if he should like what he sees or not. "In fact, I've never been to a pub before..."

"Alright Asteria, thanks for the meeting, I'll make sure to relay the information to my associates. Thanks for the drinks," a deep voice called out before the mare could react to his statement. A large black pelted griffon stepped out from the shadows of the bar, his keen yellow eyes looking the mare over as he finished speaking to her. Everything about the hybrid was black with an exception for his silver head feathers and intense yellow eyes, his whole expression a bit insidious as he lightly jabbed the cloaked mare in the side with his talon as he prepared to leave the bar. The strange mare didn't even flinch, simply blinking after the playful hit, seeming to accept it for one reason or another. She silently stood there, almost as if she were brooding over something as she patiently stood at the counter of the bar, her short cut scarlet mane resting on her head as she took in the dark environment. The pub itself was lightly lit, creating a dark environment for it's shadowy patrons. Numerous tables littered the half empty building as they hoped against hope for a brave patron to sit down and order a drink.

The griffon made his way to the door, taking a passing glance at the unicorn who seemed to spoke in the direction of his work associate. The griffon raised his brow critically, almost as if he could see through the disguise of the changeling with his keen griffon eyes. "Watch out man, the lady is quite the strange character. She doesn't bite, but she strikes fear into the very hearts of those around her," he explained in the most serious of tones as he warned the white unicorn of his dangerous friend. He paused for a moment, grinning widely before jabbing the stranger in the side with a balled up talon in a rough, but friendly manner as he walked out of the bar, leaving Nexar with the strange black mare.

The entire time that the spectacle had been happening, her intense crimson eyes had been locked on the strange griffon and the white unicorn, almost seeming to look through him. "Hello Sir, I am Asteria Stillheart, honored to meet you," the tall unicorn mare commented, doing a subservient bow before him as she thought over the answer to his question. "That is an interesting question sir, what beverage could I recommend to you? Well that would depend if you want my personal favored drink, or the most popular drink of the established societal norm. I personally drink water because the beverages served here have extensive caloric values that are in no way proportional to their nutritional value. If you are asking what the standard popular drink is, Apple Cider is seen by a plurality as the most popular drink at a plurality of pubs," the odd unicorn explained in the most objective of manners, explaining her personal opinion thoroughly while also offering another opinion for the established societal norm.

When she finished answering his question, the mare finished examining him, her stoic face remaining completely the same as she seemed to finish speaking. "May I ask you for your name stranger?" she asked calmly, her voice using an eerily similar tone as she spoke, her intentions exceedingly hard to detect. It was hard to determine what was going through her mind, the mare holding her exp<b></b>ression well as she spoke with him. The unicorn looked a bit imposing with her somewhat harsh glare, but her words seemed nice enough. Was it just an act, or was the strange unicorn really just nice behind her mask of seriousness?

While he was still examinating his surroundings, the first reply he received wasn’t from the mare, but from a griffon. As the disguised unicorn turned his head around to look at the stranger, he felt a cold chill running down his spine, when his eyes met the yellow eyes, looking at him as if they knew it. As if the griffon eyes could stare right into his soul and read every single thought he had. For a short moment Nexar even catched himself in an attempt to pray to someone to make the griffon not blowing out his cover, but then he realized what the black pelted hybrid said. It didn’t sound like ”Theres a changeling around us! Come, get him!” but more like a friendly warning. Sadly, Nexars only answer he was able to give, was the confused look in his blue eyes, at least till the griffon jabbed him. Unlike the mare before, he now did show a reaction, making a little jump as the talon hit him. It didn’t actually hurt, but on the one hand Nexar wasn’t used to getting touched by others, even in a playful way, and on the other hand he already expectet something much worse than a little jab. Thankfully it wasn’t nearly as painful as the changeling expected and so he started to smile at the griffon, ignoring his own stupid overreaction he just showed. Then he was left alone with the mare and so he turned his head again to face her.

As the white unicorn looked into the crimson eyes of the coated mare, he noticed that she looked at him, but seemingly looked right through him. Nevertheless, she made a nice looking little bow as she introduced herself. Suddenly Nexar noticed, that he didn’t even introduce himself and so he decided to do that too, as soon as possible. He wondered, if it was normal to make a bow during your introduction, as he couldn’t see any other introduction before, simply because that right now was the first time, that somebody introduced herself to him. But for now he decided to carefully listen to what Asteria had to say about his question. At first he was wondered about her reply. Why would she not drink the most popular drink in the pub? But she immediately explained herself, using words he has never heard. Not that he didn’t care for his look, but till now his main power supply was the love of other creatures, not food. And a power as pure as love hasn’t got any calories. Which would also explain his slender body. But since he wondered about all those words, he was pretty much unable to keep his face from showing all of his irritation, which had to look pretty dumb, or funny.

Nexar quickly recovered from this state of confusion as the unicorn mare asked him about his name. As he introduced himself now, he made pretty much the same subservient bow, trying to imitate her. “My name is Nexar. As I said, I’m not from here. I’m on a journey and currently live in Ponyville, where I work as a forester in the Everfree Forest.” He smiled happily to the mare, as he tought that his introduction went pretty well. At least considering, that it was his very first to a pony. “As for what to drink, I think I’ll try the apple cider. I’m curious about what an apple might taste like.” Also he wondered what cider tasted like, or what exactly it was. So he ordered an apple cider and then continued talking to the mare. “Might you want to explain me, what calories and all that are? I never really tought about that… Oh, and what do you do here? What do you work? Are you good in magic and stuff like that?” For Nexar himself it wasn’t a great deal not to know what calories were, since he had no idea about what the normal pony around here knew. Also, while he talked, he seemed pretty interested in talking and hearing the mares answer, and with the last thing, the unicorn magic, he seemed pretty exited too.

Asteria's strange eyes watched the white unicorn as he seemed to flinch repeatedly in a paranoid manner. Her keen mind speculated over reasons why that might be, a simple aversion to strangers, a dark secret, an irrational fear of germs, some of the possibilities that crossed her mind. She mulled them over, but did not act on her thoughts, the mare saying nothing about his reactions while she waited for him to describe himself. The mare was vaguely familiar with changelings, but made no clear move that would demonstrate that she detected his true form. She was either unaware, or undisturbed by his presence, the odd mare not exactly showing even the faintest signs of fear regardless.

She listened patiently to him as he introduced himself to her, mimicking her own bow as he tried his best to seem polite. Her eyes examined the gesture, her expression remaining completely stoic as she refrained from commenting on his posture. "You live in Ponyville? I have heard many stories of prolific events happening at that city, the only major event that ever seemed to have happened here was a changeling invasion. The creatures invaded our nation's capital in an attempt to harness the love that is held between many of it's citizens," she explained calmly to him, showing no fear of the creatures, although the mare herself didn't particularly excited either, almost as if she were a changeling herself.

"You work in the Everfree Forest? I did not know that anyone worked in such a place. I thought that most feared or avoided such a dangerous place. May I ask where you work in the forest, I have traveled through the portion near Ponyville many times as I used it to mask my movements. I apologize if my words seem to disagree, it is possible that I may have simply never noticed or traveled near your work site," the unicorn calmly remarked, almost seeming skeptical, her unchanging voice making it unclear if she actually didn't believe him. She seemed agreeable enough, allowing him to explain why she might have never seen him, even if his story was a lie, the mare didn't assert it was in any way, the odd pony seeming infinitely agreeable in words.

After asking him questions about his origin, the mare was greeted with a flurry of questions. The sudden wave of information caused her to pause for a moment. She stood silently at the bar as he ordered his drink, Asteria thinking over an appropriate response for every one of them, and a way to present the information in a manner that would be least insulting to him. "Calories are just the energy that is inside of food. Foods with more calories have higher energy. If one eats too many, the excess is stored as fat. If one doesn't eat enough, their body consumes muscle and fat to survive until additional food arrives," she explained calmly to him, almost as if he were a novice to the subject, going in more detail than what a casual observer might know. While his questions seemed dumb and obvious, the mare did not show any sign of irritation, her patience seeming limitless as she spoke.

When asked about her profession, the mare glanced around the bar, her crimson eyes looking for something that was hard to tell. In actuality though, she was simply checking to see if anyone was eavesdropping on their conversation. Asteria spotted nobody that she couldn't trust, the mare deciding to answer the personal question. "I will tell you my profession, but you must not tell anyone else. I am a courier who works for the misunderstood of Equestria. I deliver and retrieve items of extreme importance or value and do it discretely. I use my unicorn magic to help mask my movements and protect my cargo. I can alter the form of my goods and make them invisible, I can teleport to safety, or use my magic in other ways to keep my cargo safe," she explained in her usual dreary voice, the mare seeming to never take pride in anything she said or did.

It kinda made Nexar happy, that the mare he was talking to, really seemed to listen to his words instead of simply nodding and waiting for him to get out of breath. Instead she seemed pretty much interested in what he said, even tough her expression didn't seem to change even a little bit. But the fact, that Asteria replied, showed the young changeling, that he wasn't talking for nothing. But as she then started to talk about the changelings attack on the city, Nexar slowly left his head hanging down a little bit again. Her words just reminded him on what happened, what he and his kind did to the citizens of equestria. "Maybe their queen simply ordered them to do so and noone was brave enough to stand up against her... Or maybe it's just like they are in their nature. I don't know..." He lied, he did knew it. But he couldn't possibly say anything more about that.

The moment Asteria asked him about the Everfree forest, the white unicorn rose his head again and smiled widely, feeling rather proud about what his occupation was. He didn't even cared about her questions, as he knew that he said the truth. "I'm not afraid of neither the forest itself, nor the inhabitants! Mostly I work around Ponyville, but I dont work there for too long now. Not even a full week now. Maybe that's the reason we have never met before?" There was no long thinking about that answer, as Nexar now really said the truth and didn't had to come up with a story. "I also like to gather ingredients for potions or to train my magic. Therefore I have to go deeper into the forest, but that's not a real problem for me either. If we ever meet, I'll invite you to my house in Ponyville!" Even if he doubted, that thes were ever going to meet, it was a nice tought that someone could be around him, and that tought gave him a smile on his lips.

A short pause after his couple of questions the female unicorn began to reply. Nexar himself stood quietly and listened to her words really concentrated, trying to understand as much of it in the first attemp as possible. Luckily for him Asteria didn't made use of too complicated words, and so he managed to quickly understand what she said. "Ah... that's that..." Nexar replied, trying to do as if he really knew it but wasn't thinking about it or simply forgot it for a short time. He then got his drink, which he took with his left hoof and carefully tried a swig from it. As the apple cider tasted pretty good, he immediatly took another one and even a third one before he let go of the drink. "That tastes so much better than water!" he said surprised and started to grin.

As Asteria started to talk about her profession and what she was able to do with her magic, Nexar couldn't help himself but to envy her a little bit. He wished, that he could be doing something like that with his magic too! In his mind he already tought about all the possibilitys he would have with that kind of magic, and because of that he didn't even care for her doing the spychecking. "I wish, I could do something as cool with my magic... but I'm not really good with unicorn magic..." he said silently, not even really seeming to be talking to someone directly. But when he started talking again, he clearly ment his words to be for the mare. "What kind of items are that? What was the most unusual you ever had to deliver? And what do you mean with that misunderstood Equestria?"

Asteria listened patiently to the strange unicorn, the black mare used to seeing herself as different from the established norm. The chat took a strange turn when he tried to explain the actions of the changelings that everyone seemed to hate. The odd mare was the type who felt that anger and fear were unnecessary notions because all actions could be rationalized. "I believe that it is only natural for changelings to prey on beings that carry the energy source that they need to survive. Most people do not fault predators in the wild for hunting to survive, why would I be mad at someone for attempting to survive?" she remarked in the strangest of manners, almost as if she were a changeling herself. She seemed open minded, almost to the extreme where she didn't feel insulted to be preyed upon.

"Regardless Sir Nexar, you should speak more confidently if you wish for others to believe your words. I could detect hesitation in your words, and some will take that hesitation as grounds to declare you a liar. I am not sure if that was your intention, but you did not seem to believe your own words," she explained in a curious manner, the mare speaking assuredly, having no clear lack of confidence in her words. When he spoke of his job as a logger in the Everfree Forest though, his face lit up and the changeling spoke in a confident manner, taking pride in his work. It seemed as if he wholeheartedly believed that he was speaking the truth and Asteria decided that it was extremely unlikely that he was lying to her. "I apologize if my words came off in a manner that asserted you lied about your occupation. I have not been through the forest in the past week, so it was likely that I never had the opportunity to meet you.

When he spoke of the the creatures and resources of the forest itself, Asteria nodded in agreement with him. "I have met a zebra in the forest who cultivates the herbs therein to create all manners of potions. The forest is rich with natural resources, but you must be willing to accept your position as prey when you enter such a location. But yes, I humbly will accept your offer of shelter in the future if I meet you near your home.," she commented patiently to him as her eyes watched him drink the cider with extreme fervor. "Sir Nexar, you should pace yourself on the drinks or your stomach may start to hurt from filling it up with too much liquid," she explained calmly, her face remaining stoic as the seemingly crazed unicorn drank as much cider as he could imagine.

Asteria listened as he went on about her magic, the changeling seeming rather envious as he spoke to her about her job and abilities. He spoke in the most peculiar of ways though, the first unicorn she had ever met to refer to their magic so strangely. "I deliver items that are deemed to important to risk with a normal courier. My clients are normally creatures that others are too afraid of to work with on a regular basis, dragons and griffons in particular. I will agree to work for anyone, of any species, as long as my deliver will not cause unnecessary harm to other sentient creatures in Equestria. I am obligated by agreements to not disclose my most sensitive items, but I have had to return a dragon's item that was stolen and put into a museum," she explained calmly, the mare answering his other questions first before pressing him about his odd choice of words.

"You speak of unicorn magic in a manner that suggests you are not a member of that species. From my experience, unicorns simply refer to their abilities as magic. Are you a member of another species that has a different type of magic? Perhaps a zebra, dragon, or changeling perhaps? Maybe another creature I am not familiar with. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions, but it seems as if you are not being entirely truthful with me. That is your right to hide things and I will accept that as your choice, but relationships that are founded on lies are usually not strong enough to last a long time," she explained calmly to the changeling in her usual voice, her expression as calm and stoic as ever as her long black horn glowed a dark red. While her colours were far from the norm of her species, her magic looked very normal for a unicorn, the magic aura raising her hood up as the two stood at the bar, nobody else around to spot whatever they might decide to do.

The answer the Mare gave him, really surprised Nexar. It's not that he wanted her to be mad at him or his race, but he didn't expect her to take the end of all love in her race just that lightly. This made Nexar wondering, what she just might be, as she also didn't seem to show too much emotions. "But it's a diffrence, if one animal preys on another animal, or if something actually preys on you. And I don't think, that infiltrating a whole city or attacking its inhabitants like this is something anyone should do, regardless of the reasons. There has to be some kind of other possibility..." He did felt pity with all of the ponys, who had to suffer at the attack, but he also didn't want his race to be extinct. And living peacefully next to each other seemed like an impossible way for all of them.

As she continued, the changelings eyes slowly widened, already thinking that his cover has blown, but as she continued she seemed, that she only tought of him making all this up. As a sad fact, he was lying to her, but not about his occupation, but about himself. And after she excused herself, she gave him a helpful advice on drinking. Nexar said to himseld, that she was propably right, as he usually didn't drink too much of anything. Water didn't taste really good, and as long as he could get some love from time to time, he didn't need to feed on anything else. But he knew, that he couldn't survive the other way, by eating and drinking but not feeding on any love. "Yes, you're right... thank you miss Asteria." he said with a smile, as he called her similiar to what she said when talking to him. "I haven't got to meet a zebra till now. Maybe I will do so in the future?" Maybe... At least it seemed like that they both had something in common, as they both didn't seem to be afraid of the forest and were collecting herbs.

As Asteria explained a little bit about her work, the white unicorn kept silent and listened carefully. Dragons and stolen items? "That sounds exciting!" he replied. Not that he needed too much of excitement in his life, but still it was something nice. But then everything turned. He didn't realize his mistake, till she said it, and by then it was too late already. In this instant his head was filled with his worries again, while his eyes stared at the unicorn, widely opened as if she just accuse him of killing his own parents. But then another feeling slowly took over, acceptance. He knew, that his cover was blown, as she even tought of him beeing a changeling and said so. But as he didn't want to hurt anypony, he couldn't just flee, as she knew of him working in Ponyville as a forester. Even if he managed to flee from Canterlot, he wouldn't be safe in Ponyville. So he simply left his head hanging, his eyes closed, and grabbed the apple cider again. "I just want to live a normal live..." he said quietly as he looked into the glass of his drink. "Just... give me a minute to enjoy this apple cider, before you call the guards..." It seemed, that he already knew what was going to happen, as he had tought about this situation that many times. Beeing taken in front of the princess, in order to be judged... and most likely be banished from Equestria.

Asteria could sense that he almost was attempting to explain that she should be mad at him for one reason or another. "As much as one may like to reason to the contrary, we are all animals in one way or another. It is only natural for animals to prey on other beings. Ponies prey on plants for food, where as Changelings prey on ponies for love. A hunter must act in the most efficient manner possible to best ensure their own survival. It would only be wrong if there was another efficient manner to survive, do you know of one that would also work?" she replied calmly, staring down what clearly was a changeling in her midst.

"I am not able to tell if you will meet a zebra in the future, but if you continue working in an area with close proximity to one, it is highly likely that you will cross paths with one. Just as changelings may scare ponies, the creatures of the forest can be dealt with appropriately if you maintain your composure," she explained to him in regards of his words, the mare vaguely mentioning that she knew how to deal with members of his species. Did she know of some sort of weakness, or had she called for help without him noticing? Was she even concerned about her own safety, everything about the strange mare was so hard to make a clear judgement on.

When he seemed excited about her helping a dragon, the mare didn't seem very impressed, not that she ever seemed to anyway. "All sentient creatures in Equestria have the right to live their lives, but they must also realize that the law of the land dictates the moral compass of the majority of the people living here. While you are able to deny the laws of the land, you must be willing to accept responsibility for your actions," she explained to him, almost as if Asteria was accusing him of some dastardly deed. "If you wish to live a normal life, feel free to do so. I have no right to stop your drink of cider, unless you have committed a crime. Would I be correct in assuming that you have committed no crime?" her intent becoming more clear as she explained that she had no intent of calling any guards to arrest him.

"Being born is not a crime. What you do with your life may be a crime sir, or it may not. You must also realize that everyone sees the world in a different light. While you may be factually innocent, some may assert that you are guilty by association. It may be in your best interest to maintain your disguise in public, others in Canterlot having a rational fear of your species," she added slowly, absolving him of any crimes he felt he may have committed, while explaining that others might not be as understanding as her.

Nexar just couldn't see, how it could be that a pony wasn't angry at those who wanted to harvest their love and leave them behind as loveless shells, living from one day to the next without any kind of emotions anymore. They would be just like the other changelings, emotionless and punished to live a life not worth living. At least that's what it would be like according to his own mind and what he thought. "I don't think, that there is any living peacefully together for the two races... Too many of them would also need much more love to feed than maybe half a dozen, hiding inside a single city. Equestria might have a huge amount of love, but nearly noone of the changelings has got any emotion except hunger and noone would care about the ponys. Soon later all of Equestria would be left without love." He didn't point out, that afterwards all of the changelings would have to find another prey to survive after growing in strenght and numbers thanks to a well served dinner named Equestria. There would be even more to suffer...

The possibility of meeting a zebra was just a small idea the changeling got when thinking of it. Of course it would be nice to meet someone, but it wasn't the reason why he was going to the Everfree Forest and was working there. So he rather listened to her talking about the right to live and the laws of the land. In the end the young changeling was still standing with the apple cider in his hoof, staring inside the glass, beeing unsure what to do. "I have done nothing wrong... I was just born on the wrong side of the land, growing up in the wrong society and ended up beeing the enemy of almost anypony... I haven't even hurt a single pony during the attack... My only fault is beeing here..." Slowly he rised his glass again and drank from it, almost ignoring the warning the Mare has given him before. As he finished it, he gave it back to the barkeeper and turned around. "If you give me the chance and don't call the guards... I should better be going. It was really nice to meet you Asteria... and thank you..." Slowly the white unicorn started walking and went to the exit of the pub, not knowing if the Mare would follow him or whatever might happen.

Asteria listened as Nexar explained why changelings could never leave peacefully with ponies, her black ears perked up as she listened attentively to his explanation and reasoning. "Sir Nexar, it is unwise to speak in absolutes. There tend to be exceptions that exist when such broad statements are made. While it is very possible that the vast majority see Equestria as nothing more than food, it is possible, until all are examined, that there are some who may be so predatory. "Perhaps it would be appropriate if peaceful ones, lived in our presence? If you cause no harm to anyone, why would we feel the need to banish you?" she replied thoughtfully to him, the mare not seeming at all out to get him as she spoke in her normal strange manner.

"Entering a city is not tantamount to trespassing. If you enter a home with the intent to harm, that is trespassing. There are of course many explanations and nuances to the law, but from what I have heard, you have committed no crime. You are free to live your life as you wish sir. If you require my assistance as a courier, or even as an associate, feel free to contact me at my office here in Canterlot. Farewell Sir Nexar, may our paths cross again in the future," she added patiently to him. The mare was interested in learning more about him and his species, but felt that it would be rude to study him further. Regardless, if he was telling the truth, it was quite the interesting bit of knowledge for her to have.