Does anyone want the Mane Five to save Equestria without Twilight?

• 4 weeks later...

No, I'm actually fine with Twilight always being apart of saving the world. With all due respect, Twilight is the "power house" of the group. Not only being the princess of magic, but also being an alicorn. I don't really see them being able to have as good of chances without her. But it would certainly be an interesting way to see how they would go about doing so.

No, I'm actually fine with Twilight always being apart of saving the world. With all due respect, Twilight is the "power house" of the group. Not only being the princess of magic, but also being an alicorn. I don't really see them being able to have as good of chances without her. But it would certainly be an interesting way to see how they would go about doing so.

This.

I think when most people compare the Twi/Tirek battle to Dragon Ball Z, they're talking about the style of the battle rather than its theme. DBZ is more about getting more powerful and stronger to overcome any obstacle, while MLP is about using the power of friendship to overcome such obstacles. That's why the battles conclude differently: at the end of a DBZ battle, Goku either wins alone or is defeated alone, which inspires him to train more. On the other hand, the Twi/Tirek fight showed how even at the strongest she's ever been, Twilight couldn't defeat Tirek, but get her friends involved and he's defeated in a heartbeat. I think that was the point of the battle: No matter how many lazers you have, it doesn't matter if you don't have friends. :D

On the other hand, I would love to see an episode where the Mane 5 have to defeat something without Twi, though I don't think it should be a series opener/closer. It can still be something that threatens equestria, but I think openers/closers should focus on the main character, which is indeed Twilight.

That would be pretty interesting. I don't know how they would be able to do that though because without Twilight, they can't use the Elements of Harmony against enemies that terrorize Equestria. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to do it without Twilight.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be interesting to see, but at the same time although this is Twilight's story, power of friendship ya'll. They take on every task together, face any ordeal together, because friendship and that they're all connected. We all remember Twilight's reaction in the season 4 opener when the remaining gang wanted her to stay behind because of her princess status. Well that simply wasnt going to fly now did it? I mean heck, Twilight's still uncomfortable in her elevated role.

Even though the story still centers around a pony learning about friendship, the ones that taught her about it still have a very very very large role. And whatever the situation, they want to go through it together. For a situation in which Twilight cannot fight, it would have to be very very dire. Like Twilight is completely incapacitated. That's the situation or something similar that I think would work best if it was just the Mane 5 fighting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The idea of the Mane 5 saving Equestria without the help of Twilight would make for an interesting plot. I can understand why people have a problem with Twilight constantly being Equestria's savior, but she is the main character, and it's essentially a given that she will be the one to save the day. In most cases, Twilight does not directly defeat the antagonist. For example, in Friendship is Magic Part 2 and The Return of Harmony Part 2, she was only able to triumph over Nightmare Moon and Discord by using the Elements of Harmony, which required the Mane 5's presence. In A Canterlot Wedding Part 2, it was Shining Armor and Cadence's combined love that was able to drive off the Changelings. In the Crystal Empire Part 2, it was more or less Spike, and in Twilight's Kingdom Part 2, the Mane 6 had to resort to using the Rainbow Power to defeat Tirek.

I really don't believe that the Mane 5 are overly dependent on Twilight. Twilight will obviously be the first one chosen to save the world because A) She was Princess Celestia's most faithful student, and B) She is the most powerful and intelligent of the Mane 6. It would wise for Celestia to put the fate of Equestria into the hooves of someone she trusts, and someone that is very capable mentally and magically as well.

That's not to say that I don't believe the Mane 5 could save Equestria on their own. I know they could, and I would be eager to see them prove their worth, and show that God-like power is not needed to solve every problem.

Archived