From The Stars (Private)

TRP

"Oh, I only wish we had lighter armor. But they only give out these heavy, clunky things..." Arcus sighed, poking at the metal plates he had removed. Walking about without them felt way better...

"Huh, y'know, I've never actually seen a zebra soldier... Now that I think of it, you're probably like, what... The second, third zebra I've ever seen?" He leaned back, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "Sure is quite a big world, out there..."

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xarame smirked humourlessly, looking into the fire. 

"I have already seen the worst of both pony and zebrakind." She said, quietly. 

She looked away, yawning, and stretched a bit. 

"It is time to sleep, I think; you may take the bed, if you wish, I am happy on the floor, beside the fire."

"I won't be sleeping for a while, actually. I'm... unused to sleeping at this hour." Arcus sighed, staring back up at the ceiling.

"Really should've pulled off the nights... But, I'm fine here for now." He chuckled.

Xarame shrugged. "As you wish. But do try and get some rest; I fear you shall need it..." 

She took a blanket out of her bags, covered herself with it, and curled up to sleep in front of the fire, using her bags as a makeshift pillow. She closed her eyes and sighed, soon drifting off with a slight frown on her face. 

Xarame woke the following morning with something heavy on her chest. She opened her eyes sleepily, and saw Barenziah standing over her, her paws on her chest, growling slightly. 

Xarame blinked, not moving other than to whistle to her little yellow bird, who was sleeping on the mantelpiece. The little bird awoke, and flew over, landing on Barenziah. 

"Why have you brought me here, to this place of evil?" The timberwolf growled, able to be understood once more. 

"It is that evil we have come to fight," Xarame explained, quietly, "but this was the safest place to stay the night,"

The silver-blue stallion was sound asleep, backed up against the wall next to the window. His armor lay disorganized a few feet away from him, but his bow was propped up beside him.

He continued to slumber, oblivious to the movements of his companions...

Barenziah studied Xarames eyes for a long moment, but saw no trace of a lie. 

She looked around the room, and saw that the other pony was still asleep, and had removed his steel skin; these two certainly didn't seem posed to attack her...

Slowly, she got off Xarame, sitting back and watching her warily. 

"So, what exactly is it you are doing here?" She asked, quietly.

"We are seeking a creature of great and evil power; we must stop him before this land turns sour," Xarame explained, sitting up carefully. 

"I think I know of what you speak..." Barenziah said, slowly, still staring at Xarame, "There is such a creature roaming these woods, stronger than any bear, faster than any timberwolf... It attacked us, two nights ago; me and my two cousins are- were all that was left of my pack..." 

She dipped her head a bit, her ears folding back at the thought. 

"If you truly seek to destroy this creature... I will help you in any way I can." 

She looked at Xarame for a moment longer, then nodded, turning and laying down to watch the fire. The little yellow bird flew off her back, and perched on Xarame's shoulder. 

Xarame relaxed a little, glad she had not had to experience being eaten by a timberwolf, and went over to Arcus, to try and wake him. 

Arcus was stirred only slightly by the conversation, the noise not enough to wake him.

However, it was enough to cause him to shift slightly, making him roll over, landing on his face onto the floor with a thump.

Fussing for a moment, he relaxed, and continued his slumber...

Arcus' nose sleepily scrunched for a moment, before he exploded in a massive sneeze. Well, this definitely worked!

Sneezing again and again, with the powder still in his face, he sat up in confusion, rubbing his nose with a hoof.

"Oh, ugh, ow..." He groaned, shaking his head.

"Wha- What... Was that?"

Xarame made sure to jump back in time to avoid being sneezed on, and Barenziah jumped a little, turning her head to see what was happening. 

"It's a very old castle," Xarame said, hiding the pouch of powder in her bags, and giving Barenziah a secret smile, before turning back to Arcus. "There is a lot of dust. But I am glad to see that you are awake. "

"... Uh, thanks?" Arcus replied, still trying to shake off the remainder of his sneezing fit.

"Never thought dust would give me a wake-up call, of all things..." He chuckled, moving to sit back up, and gaze out the window...

"Really is, isn't there?" Arcus sighed contentedly, still looking out of the window, and into the soft light of morning.

Noticing that Xarame was handing him something, however, he quickly turned, finding that something to be...

Breakfast?

"Oh, thanks!" He smiled, gratefully taking the offer. 

Well, at least they wouldn't be fighting on empty stomachs...

"Really? I thought she'd want to escape back into the forest..." Arcus momentarily looked up in surprise, before continuing to eat with a small smile...

"But in that case..." He sighed, looking up from his oatmeal again.

"... Tell her I'm sorry? Please?"

Archived