Chaos Reigns

ShadowStorm88

Sherlock gasped at the attackers then groaned very audibly. "Really?! We're really going to have to fight these things?!" As they advanced he growled and jumped onto his hooves, "FINE! Val if I remember right you're a trained fighter correct?" Before Val could answer properly Sherlock shouted interrupting him. "Granted at this point it doesn't matter! HAVE AT THEE!" He charged at the kangaroos laughing a little mechanically.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Val ducked, as he avoided being sturck across the face by a liquorish sword. Darn it!! Gasping as he lepaed over another strike, he grunted "Easy Sherlock!! You need to..WHOA...keep a clear head". He had watched a pony start laughing mainically, and then transform into another animal; succumbing to the silliness of the enivorment and going along with it happily. If Sherlock or he gave in, they would become part of the scneary as well!! Gasping a kangeroo bear hugged him from beihnd, Val growled "GET OFF" As he kicked one coming at him from the front right in the face, before head butting the one behind him.

Sherlock began to twitch a little and start to feel his sanity slip but regained control, sadly to late to avoid being struck upside the head by a thick bit of liquorish. Falling to the ground and shaking the stars out of his head he quickly got back up. "Right I'll have you for that!" Charging forward Sherlock made an attack then dove between the monster's legs. He ran at the one holding Val and jumped, landing both hooves right in the animal's gut trying to dislodge Val from the monster's grip. Losing its grip on Val the creature turned its attention on Sherlock. Just in time to see the pony spin around and buck the monster in the face with both his hind legs. "Better think faster than that Val!"

Val grunted as he was punched twice in cheek, and then head butted away by the kangeroo. It seemed that they liked to fight alot like he did. As he stumbled backwards, he got back tino a fiighting stnace as he was suddenly grabbed in a head lock from behind!! Two of the kangeroo's jumped at him, and started too...tickle his sides?? Slowly laughing, it seemed that thier itnet was to make Val a part of the scenery in this insane world. The effects started to work as suddenly antlers spourted out of his head. Not about to let anyhting else happen, Val lenaed backwards into the headlock as he slammed himself onto the ground; forcing the kangaroo to let go. Grabbing a whip, he uesd to beat back at the kangaroos; slowly starting to chase them away.

• 2 weeks later...

Once Val and Sherlock had managed to chase the offending.... things away, Sherlock sighed with a bit of relive. "Don't know if I can deal with to much more..... That's not a bad look for you Val." Sherlock chuckled as he joked with his partner, attempting to make him feel better about growing antlers. He returned to the rock and began to inspect it, he started to dig around its base to see if they could lift it out. With little luck at lifting the stone out he did manage to find that the stone was far larger than he thought. "Wow this thing is big... more than I thou..... Hold on, what in Celestia's name?" With a little more he had found an opening, a hole. What was odd was that the hole was carved, this was pony made.

Val grunted as he said "Please no joke..ing....". He froze as he noticed that when Sherlock had made a crack about his antlers, that the magic of the insanity in this..world had affected him for that crack as Val stared mouth gaping. Trying to withhold his laughter, he swallowed it as he simply grinned "Ahh, heh heh..". Looking into the hole, Val jumped down into it as he said "Whatevers in here must be important". Digging through the hole, Val blinked as he hit himself. Grunting, he gasped as he pulled out one of the items that could be used to defeat Discord. "What in the world" Val stared in shock as he blinked several times to try and see if this was real or not.

Sherlock blinked in kind with Val at the sight of these items. "What the..... is that it?" He pondered for a moment at the odd item then began to think, out loud as was the detective's habit. "Such odd an item.... but then it would makes sense.... in a senseless way. I suppose the Eight Ball could represent his chaotic personality....." Taking the item from Val he loaded it into the back of their vehicle. "Now just to find the rest of them...." He pulled out his notes to review for a moment before getting back on the road.... made of red licorice. "Hmmm now the next one should be...... Oh no.... the Everfree Forest...."

"Say what?!? Are you kidding me?!! Val demanded angrily!! Stomping his hoof, he said "Thats all the way back near Ponyville, and we just find that out now?! This place's insane format is making me change into something else"!! Blinking, he let out a gasp of pain as he fell forward and onto his nuzzle. When he came back up, he was now a reindeer!! Luckily, his wild black mane, tail, and wings remained. "Oh..this is just great....we need those other items now" Val panicked as he looked at Sherlock. He couldnt keep going through this!! It was like he was being deliberatly messed with!

"Two more it would seam, one is in the Everfree and the last is..... hang on.... if my geographical knowledge is correct. Somewhere in the high mountains of Stallion Grad. Well no since sitting around waiting, right?" Sherlock hopped up and jumped into the driver's seat of their vehicle and started it up. "And don't worry Val. I'm sure when we break the cycle of chaos you'll return to normal...... well, mostly sure anyway."

"Oh, Ha ha ha" Val mocked as he climbed into the car in anger. Things were bad enough as it was, he didnt need chuckles here mocking his situation. Grumbling to himself, he said "What am I anyway"? Antlers, tiny tail..he had heard of creatures like this but didnt exactly know what they were to be honest. Looking at Sherlock, he asked "Do you know what I am right now"?

Sherlock thought for a moment, "Well.... the antlers and tail make you look like a dear..... but with the wings.... I think I've heard of such creatures.... can't recall their name though.... starts with a P I believe. Anyway, we'll worry about that when we come to it. Right now we've got another item to find." Starting the engine the two turned the vehicle around and started south east back across the plains toward Ponyville and the Everfree Forest. "Now I can only hope we don't have to deal with anymore problems along the way.... but I know we will. But I can at least hope they'll be minimal and that Discord hasn't figured out what we're doing...... I would have been nice to have somepony distracting him while we were doing this."

"Your joking right pal" Val let out a laugh as he pointed at himself. "Look at me!!! Im a reindeer..I think...cept they dont have wings an...I look freaking weird" Val grunted as he looked over at Sherlock. "Trust me buddy, at the rate that this is going; your probably gonna end up changing or transformating into some weird creature similar to me. Discord is probably aware of us, and is doing whatever he can to mess with us. I dont think he knows that were collecting stuff to stop him, otherwise he'd come himself. So, as long as we keep a low profile and not succubm to this sillines, we should be alright". Crossing his arms, Val blinked as thier was a flash of light as he stared at Sherlock in shock/laughter. "Looks like i spoke to soon" Val smirked, trying to contain his laughter.

Sherlock blinked then sighed at Val, "What ever it is.... I blame you for this." And even before Val could complain about that, he was quickly interrupted. "Because you're the only one here, that's why." Resting his head on the steering wheel for a moment Sherlock tried to compose himself for the surprise he was about to get. He looked up into the vehicle's mirror and saw them. Two billy goat horns poking out of his head. "What the.... oh that's just..... How am I suppose to where my hat now?!"

"Pfft, looks like you've been a baaaaaaaaad boy Sherlock" Val smirked, as he tried to withhold his laughter at the ridiculous sight of his friend. "Heh, seems Im not the only one here succumbing to the silliness of this place" Val shrugged as he stared out to see the Everfree forest was starting to come into sight. "Welp, that thiers the Everfree forest ahead. Hopefully, we can get their before you transform into a Discord like creature, or a billy goat or something". When Val was given a weird look, he said "Trust me, when I first got the antlers; it didnt stop their. It kept going until I fully transformed into this" Val explained as he pointed at his reindeer self.

Sherlock gave Val a dead pan stare before hoofing him in the arm, not too hard just enough to deliver his point though. "Yes thank you Val..... Anyway, you're right there's Everfree. Hopefully finding the next item wont be very hard..... but I doubt it. And I've just got to keep my mind together and I think I can keep the transforming to a minimum, I mean you've gone mostly deer and you still have your sane..... well saneish, mind in tact." He turned their vehicle toward the forest's edge and promptly stopped. "Its too think to drive through, we'll have to hoof it the rest of the way. We better take the first item with us. Last thing we need is something taking it while our backs are turned."

"Yah, and lets see if we can avoid anymore randomness whilst were at it okay buddy? Cause last thing I want is another humilation to happen" Val grumbled to the pony as he got out of the car. Staring at the thick trees of the Everfree forest, he sighed as he said "Oh great". The trees were in mutiple, vibrant colors and all more strange looking then the next. Heck, some of the trees were upside down!! Any nearby river with water was streaming into the air pass them. Some of the animals, like a raccoon for example flew by with his eyes all swirly, as he ran his fingers through his lips; making a silly noise to accompny how ridiculous the situation was. "Yep, this forest is nuts" Val grunted annoyed.

Sherlock rolled his eyes at his companion's unintentional pun and proceeded forward. "That's something I would like to avoid as well my friend..... Now the location should be about two miles in, south east." They trekked for about an hour with luckily nothing to horrifying happening to either of them. Neither of their forms changed any more non were they attacked.... well save for the random two trees thinking the ponies would make excellent beach balls. "Well that was..... interesting.... I think I'll be demanding a few days off of work if we can pull this off." The two finally made it to their destination. A cave and carved around it were barely legible runes.

Val blinked as his vision started to change, and swirl. Realzing what was happening, he hoofed himself in the side of the head as he protested "No! I am not going to become anymore silly then now!! This is ridiculous"!! Shaking his head, he grunted "We really need to stay strong through this, I dont know how much more I can take". Watching as he bumped into an enlarged fruit, he gasped as it suddenly burst, splatting the two of them with red juice. "Ugggg" Val grunted in heavey annoynace. This was really starting to get on his nerves!! First he shape shifted into a reindeer, and now he was covered in some cherry juice!!

Sherlock whipped the juice off his face and gave Val a stare. "Well we shouldn't have to deal with much more of this..... I believe we're here.... Wherever hear is." He looked around finding a great big amount of nothing... well nothing but a chaotic forest. "Like the desert there must be a temple or shrine somewhere nearby. Look around and see if you can find anything out of the ordinary..... well in a normal way.... if that makes sense."

Val raised a brow as he said “Anything that looks ordinay in a normal way, whilst in a chaotic forest. Nope, there is nothing that makes sense their” Val informed Sherlock with a heavy sigh as he looked up at two giant flowers that were blowing their way. “Huh, what are these things Mr.Detective” Val asked curiously. He had never seen any plants quiet as strange looking as these two before in his travels. Then again, they were most likely abnormal plants so it shouldn’t really come off as a big surprise. Reaching up towards it, he got the shcok of its life as suddenly the flower grew a mare ponies face, as she giggled and like a venus fly trap; plopped down and wrapped its head around Val; causing Val to mutter and scream.

Sherlock looked back to the sound of the screams, he let out an exasperated moan and rushed over to free his partner. "Is it too much to ask, to just go 5 minutes without something trying to kill us?!" He leapt on top of the giant flower and gave its stem a hard buck. Nothing, again. Still nothing. "Oh come ON! Fine you want to play this the hard way?" Leaning down he placed his new horns right at the edge of the stem's base and gave a strong thrust, impaling it into the flower. With a quick jerk, and not any small amount of neck strain, he separated the flower from the stem. It fell to the ground with a thud. He walked around to help pry Val out of it's grasp. "The next time you have an urge to touch something...... just let it go."

Val coughed and sputtered as he shook his head radpily in an attempth to make things better. "Urrg, agreed" Val muttered as he shook his head once more. Things coming into perspective, he smiled wearily "Sorry about that. This place is really starting to get to me" Val sighed heavily, as he started to follow Sherlock again. "Our apperanaces are getting more and more bizzare as time goes by. Im wondering if our personaltiy will be altered as well". Shivering in fear at the thought of him acting like a total goofball, he muttered "I relaly hope that isnt the case because of that happens to us; then I'll probably go insane". Blinking, he grumbled "Oh wait, I'll already be insane so I guess it dosent really matter". Sighing, he siad "Cmon, need to find whatever it is we have to find so we can get out of here and hopefully get the world back to its normal, logcial self".

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes quite, fortunately for myself I've never considered myself to be all that sane. But that's besides the point..... Now were to find this... shrine I suppose." He started examining the area for any signs of normal unaltered objects. Nothing appeared to be standing out until the pair walked a little further and stumbled on a very large oak tree. "Hmmm That looks promising.... An oak tree." Sherlock trotted up to it and gave it a tap.... nothing. "Seams normal enough, I suppose this could be it. I mean until now I was expecting to find another pony made structure. I wonder if there's an entrance somewhere....." He circled the tree before noticing a gap between two of the tree's large roots. "This might be promising.... Go have a look Val." He chuckled slightly and smiled at his companion.

Noticing the gap, Val chuckled as he thought to himself "Alright, maybe not sane. But at least you can be reasoned with, Discord apparently cant be". Searching around one last time, he sighed as he slipped between the gap and found it...surprisingly room. Heck, more roomy then outside of it!! He found himself hoof deep in a murky water. as a light fog shroudded the sunlight and made things difficult to see. Looking around idealy, he wondered to himself where the shrine was. Staring ahead, he could see a large pair of stone stair cases, as he thought to himself "I think that might be it". Calling back to Sherlock, he siad "Cmon in, its safe in here". Or at least it was as safe as the rest of this stupid place was going to get!!

Sherlock hopped down into the entrance and looked around. "Hmmm not bad for being a couple thousand years old. Now lets see what's around." Sherlock grabbed a torch off the wall and gave it a light with some matches in his pocket, then proceeded to walk thought the cave. "You know something has been bothering me. On the map there were two very well defined locations for these objects. Easily found and tracked.... well for the most part. If we could find them I'm sure Discord could do the same. And if he can, then why hasn't he just taken the items himself and keep them close for safety sake?"