Chaos Reigns

ShadowStorm88

Val nodded in agreement, as the deer scracthed the back of his neck. "Ive been wondering that myself to be honest. How could someone as smart as him not know about these items" Val questioned as well as he truged through the dank water, grunting at the foul smell it was bringing. At that moment, a horrible thought entered his mind causing him to freeze on the spot. Gulping, he slowly turned around to face Sherlock. "What if..what if he does know? What if hes just messing with us? Like he set all this up, and is showing us where it is cause he's having way too much fun messing with us"? That both frightented and angered Val. Frightned because it ment that he could possibly have the power to transform them, or make them blow up but dosnet cause thats no fun...and angered Val, at the thought of Discord laughing his rear off at how much fun he was having messing around with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well I'm sure he does know about them. But I believe its very doubtful that he created all this as a way to mess with us." He began to elaborate, "The history of these items was discovered in an anchient part of the library, that was still under the sheilding spell that Celestia cast over the palace. Its quite possible that he knows about these things, and that he's looking for them.... why wouldn't he? But..... what if he doesn't have any clue where to look?" Sherlock stopped for a moment and grined slyly. "Chin up Val.... I think we have one up on him. He doesn't know where these things are but we do. So even if he's trying to stop us or intentionally mess with us.... we still have a slight advantage. Besides as I said before. This is the only shot we've got and I'm going to take it. We beat him or die trying."

Val stared down, as he thought about what Sherlock was saying. It was true, they had found out about the information in a place where his magic could not work, and it was also true that whilst Discord was cruel, mischevious, and clever; that he wasnt able to think like them. With thier collective ideas, they could find a way to overwhelm him and beat back any threat that he had towards them. If they were lucky, then perhaps they could get to the last couple of pieces before Discord let on that he knew. "Y..your right" Val nodded in agreement, reaching up as he scracthed his antlers. "Hopefully when this is over, I'll lose my ridiculous form".

• 2 weeks later...

"Well I believe we're one step closer.... Have a look." Sherlock pointed toward the back of the temple. At the end stood an alter with a black ball resting atop it. "That must be it..... its the only think in here." He approached it and looked around it and the alter for a moment. "Double checking for traps. I've read enough Daring Do stories to think twice before just grabbing something." Satisfied that things looked safe enough his carefully picked up the orb and examined it. "What in the hay?..... This.... this is a magic 8 ball! Its like we're going through Discord's bedroom closet and collecting his old junk. Well whatever, its all we've got." He placed the ball in a saddle bag and started back the way he came. "Now lets get out of here..... What the....." Sherlock stopped, something wasn't right. He put a hoof to his throat and tried to clear it, he was right its pitch had changed. His eyes widened and he quickly looked down at his reflection. "No nonononononono! This is not funny!" He turned around to face Val. The once male detective had now turned into a mare version of himself, with the goat horns still attached.

Val stared, eyes widdened as he was now looking at a female Sherlock!!! Long mane tied into a ponytail, eyelashes, higher voice. Never before had Val thought that this was something that would happen to his friend. Sure, Val was a reindeer now and sadly would stay that way till this was over but this...this was just hilarious!! Snickering, tears slowly started to well up in Vals eyes as he shook his head radpily at how silly this was. "Pff..pff..pfft hahahahahhahaha" Val burst out laughing, holding his gut as he fell onto his back; rolling around on the ground as he laughed at Sherlock. "He..haha..s..so..so are you Sherly now" Val asked Sherlock curiosly, wipping tears outta his eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sherlock grumbled on his/her way out of the cave, something to the effect of being called that already. He for the most part ignored most of Val's laughter up until they made it to their transportation. Finally having enough, "Alright are you through?! We've got a job to do here and the sooner its finished the sooner we.... especially me... are back to normal." He/she stored away the item in the back with the pogo stick and pulled out they're map and took a seat to review the map and the last item to find. After a while of study he/she tossed the map at the ground in frustration and groaned with annoyance. "Ah its not there! There's nothing indicating a final location on the map..... So where can this item be?"

Val came out, watching Sherlocks grumbling as he thought to himself "Umm, well I have an idea...maybe Discord himself has it". It seemed logical enough in this illogical world. Discord could perhaps have caught on to what they were up to, and now had the final piece of the puzzle; taunting them both by keeping it within reach. So, in order for thier crazy world to go back to normal; they had to find Discord, beat the heck outta him and than combine the items. Watching in wonder as the whole world snaps back to normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Sherlock blinked for a moment then, like a light going off in his/her head, stood up with a shout. "AHH Of course! The reason it was never recorded was that he kept it with him the whole time! This means he knows about them and knows how dangerous it would be for somepony to track them down. But if they were that dangerous then why didn't he just take all of them? ..... OHH Because he doesn't know where they are! He can't know otherwise he would have taken them by now!" Sherlock practically pranced around as he/she explained the situation. She was giddy with the thought, "This means.... we've got the upper hoof on him. We actually have an advantage. Val get in the transport.... we've got a world to save."

Val nodded as the reindeer climbed in, as he grumbled to himself "I dont want to be a cynic of nothing, but from what Ive seen things have been going from bad to worse. Everytime we think that we have an adventage of some kind over the jerk, Discord has to go and make us look like foals". Pointing at himself, he said "Look at me!! Look at you!! Clearly if he wanted too, he could alter either of us; chaning our personaltiy and who we are just for his own amusment". Looking away as they drove, Val huffed "Things are going to get alot worse before they get any better; and the worse part is that we dont have a plan on how to get hte last item from Discord".

• 2 weeks later...

Sherlock thought to herself for a while, out loud as usual. "Yes we don't know what it is, but we know he has it. Though he doesn't know we have the other two... or maybe he does.... But then why wouldn't he have sent a full force to stop us? Or come after us himself... he is that arrogant. Wait! NO! That's it!...... Is it? YES!" She smiled and started the car, "Discord is going to show us the final piece himself. We just need to convince him that we're a threat. We know he has the last one, but he doesn't know we have the other two. So what do we do? We show them off to him. Then bluff that we've got the last one." She chuckled and started to drive off away from the Everfree "If he's as arrogant as I think he is. He'll just want to gloat over us that we haven't figured out his secret. Lets go Val, next stop.... Ponyville."

• 2 weeks later...

Grinning, Val smirked "Really? Thats great!! We finally have everything we need!! For awhile, I thought that we were never gonna get all the nesseciteis. Im usually very positive and upbeat, but I guess that this crazy world has just had such a negative impact on me that all I wanted to do was just scream". Relieved that there journey was near an end, Val grinend as he hugged his friend; laughing "But we're finally gonna beat that jerk"!! Thinking to himself, he thoguht "But what if hes expecting this. Whilst the guy may be silly, and narrsastic; hes no idiot. It could be a trap and we're running right into it". Snorting, he thought "The hay with it!! If he wants to try and trap us, then bring it on!! Im not gonna live in this crazy, insane world of his any longer!! Pulling away, he raised his hooves into the air. "So, now that we have what we want; lets go get that jerk and teach him not to mess with Equestria"!!

Grinning, Val smirked "Really? Thats great!! We finally have everything we need!! For awhile, I thought that we were never gonna get all the nesseciteis. Im usually very positive and upbeat, but I guess that this crazy world has just had such a negative impact on me that all I wanted to do was just scream". Relieved that there journey was near an end, Val grinend as he hugged his friend; laughing "But we're finally gonna beat that jerk"!! Thinking to himself, he thoguht "But what if hes expecting this. Whilst the guy may be silly, and narrsastic; hes no idiot. It could be a trap and we're running right into it". Snorting, he thought "The hay with it!! If he wants to try and trap us, then bring it on!! Im not gonna live in this crazy, insane world of his any longer!! Pulling away, he raised his hooves into the air. "So, now that we have what we want; lets go get that jerk and teach him not to mess with Equestria"!!

Sherlock drove as fast as he could toward Ponyvilie, determination in his/her eyes. "Alright Val, now this is the plan. Its really risky but its all we've got. We need to make Discord nervous and aware that we've found the other artifacts that bind him to our world." Sherlock spoke quickly, "Once I show him the artifacts I'll try and make an obvious bluff that I've got the last one. If he's as arrogant as I believe him to be he wont be able to resist the urge to prove me wrong. Once he shows us the last artifact I need you to do whatever you can to get it from him. Distract him, tackle him, flirt with him I don't care! Just do WHATEVER it takes. If you can get that thing away from him...... we may just have a chance." Sherlock turned to Val and sighed, "This is possibly going to get us both killed Val..... If you want to back out now.... I would more than understand."

• 2 weeks later...

The deer looked at Sherlock as if he had grown a second head, wondering if Sherlock was either on something really strong, or if he was simply stupid. "Back out...are you kidding me...after all that trouble making, jerk has done to me?!! There is no way in hay that I am gonna sit aside whilst you get revenge on Discord!! I want first crack at him for what he did to me" Val stomped his hoof in annoyance. Sitting back, he commented "Oh dont worry, I'll act like he's the one who has all the cards in his hands. Fool him into believeing that he can do whatever. All Im hoping is that I dont get altered any further then I am right now. As enlighting as this experince has been, I'd rather resemble a pegasus again". Eyeing Sherlock, he asked "Killed huh? Well, either we beat him now and turn the whole world back to normal. We get killed, and then no pony can stop him. Or the last and probably worse; he alters us, and we become silly parts of the background. Im sorta betting on us stopping him today".

Sherlock smiled and patted his friend on the back. "Thanks Val, I'm glad you're going to be sticking around with me on this." Sherlock punched the accelerator and drove as fast as their vehicle could. "To Ponyville then... for Equestria" The two sped off in the direction of the quote "Chaos Capital of the World" What had once been the town of Ponyville, now Discord's personal playground.

• 4 weeks later...

"Huh, nutjob central. Somehow that doesnt sound like a strong enough word for this place" Val said slowly, as he looked left and right at the insane looking enviorment that surrounded the two of them. The sky kept switching from day to night in a rapid pace so fast that it was hard to tell what was what really. Any water supply was spewing soft drinks rather then actual water. A donut shapped boulder was rolling down the streets, and cutting houses in two as the houses would fall over in a comedic manner; letting out a funny sound effect. Ponies that was still around, were acting even siller then before. One of them grinned toothily as he placed his mouth over soda pipe, as he completly fattened up with soda before spewing it out all over the buildings. Another laughed degrandly as she started poking holes in the houses, causing them to deflate. Truly, this entire situation was completly, insane. "You know, I know that we make our own world. But this is just ridiculous" Val grumbled.

• 2 weeks later...

Sherlock breathed heavily and looked intensely focused. "Well if I can pull this off it will all be back to normal... now I need you to sneak yourself around the opposite direction and get ready for my signal, I have a feeling that when I try and intimidate Discord with these items that he'll start to laugh, evil overlords love to do that. He'll more than likely revile the dagger to prove that he still has the upper claw. When he does.... hit him with everything you've got. Anything you can do just do it, I'll take care of the rest."

Val snorted, as he nodded "Oh yeah, I think I can handle that. Though I gotta warn you about something. For the whole evil overlord thing, make sure to really get him laughing cause if thiers one thing that I know about evil over lords; is that they love to boast about how great they our!! Run a checklist through your mind: Laughing evily, check. Monoloauging about how great he is, wondering how he doenst get killedin mid speech, check. Doing both at the same time; check"!! Finsihing up, he pointed "Im gonna go right over thier and hopefully not get spotted. When that happens, get him talking and Ill get him from beihnd hard and fast". Nodding to Sherlock, Val started to slowly sneak over to where Discord wouldnt be so he could catch the freak off guard. He was gonna make him pay for everything!!

• 1 month later...

Sherlock made his way around the back towards Discord, trying to stay as out of sight as much as he/she could. He/she kept his/her eyes open double checking the surroundings and taking note to Discord's position. Then he/she saw him, on his throne, lounging; he looked almost bored. He wouldn't be bored for long. Sherlock waited for Val's distraction, if Discord was anything like what he/she thought he was, then he would show off the dagger.