Starfox64x x Neoniie RP

Starfox64x

"You think so? heh, i dunno... You can fly, unicorns can do magic... From what i can tell all we can do is grow crops... well, i suppose that's pretty important, but it doesnt really have the 'wow' factor like you have." he returned to his own bed, resting his head on the pillow, "It would be cool to fly... I've walked on clouds before, but... that didnt end well, heh..."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, during one of those lecture back at Cloudsdale College that I never really listened to, I think there was something about earth ponies..." She scrunched up her face in concentration, trying to remember. "I'm not really sure, but it was just a theory, some unicorn was working on it, apparently." The pegasus shrugged, not really interested in the affairs of academics.

Cosidering his comment about flying, a memory was brought to Mirage's mind. "That reminds me, a while ago in Cloudsdale there was the Young Flier's competition. Apparently, there were four non-pegasi walking around. I've no idea how they did it, but that's pretty impressive."

"hm, well who knows? i suppose we'll see... I can't imagine the earth ponies surviving this long if they didnt have SOMETHING going for them..." he shifted a bit, stretching out his limbs, "I dunno, we'll see..."

he listened to her comment and smile, "Yeah! I heard about those too! The unicorn who got me the cloud walking spell learned it after hearing about that... It was really fun, but uh... didnt last that long... and i just fell right through after about an hour... I was okay though, i got rescued... luckily, heh..."

Mirage laughed, "Well, I guess you DO have some experience with cloud walking then." She dipped down briefly into the cloud and ended up arriving on the earthward side of the cloud. However, with a bit of skilled manoeuvering and well-timed flaps of the wings, the pegasus managed to land with the absence of a crash. Mirage trotted over to the window, watching the continued descent of the sun and rising of the moon. "It's strange to think that the raising and setting of the sun and moon were once left to unicorns. If they were that powerful then, maybe earth ponies used to have earthquake abilities or something."

he watched her flip out of her cloud and walk away. he couldnt keep his eyes off her, watching her curiously... he was intrigued by how she looked, very cute in his opinion...

he chuckled at her comment, "Oh sure! Give US the destructive things, hehe..." he was only teasing, but maybe she was right. maybe they did have something... "I dunno... maybe we'll find answers some day."

"I guess we will." She stared out at the brightly shining night for a few more moments before returning to her makeshift cloud bed. She hovered to the top of the room and lay down once again in the soft cloud matter. It was things like this that Mirage truly missed from Cloudsdale and made her yearn for the open skies and rainbow waterfalls of her old home. However, she declared that this was not a time to feel homesick and turned her thoughts to the day yet to come. "I'll be turning in, then. See you when it's light again." With that, she buried herself in a blanket of clouds and glided off to the realm of dreams.

"Will do." he replied, letting out a yawn and curling up under the blankets, getting comfortable before letting himself fall into a deep restful sleep.

The next morning Vulpus was in no hurry to wake up. he was conked out, still curled up in his blankets, snoozing happily with no signs of waking up anytime soon....

Mirage was usually much more of an early riser, not wanting to waste a second of time in the coming day, but she did not have the sun's rays to awaken her this particular morning. Her position upon her cloud made it difficult for light to reach her at all. However, due to her own habitual patterns, the pegasus jolted awake rather suddenly and nearly toppled out of the cloud. Catching herself and rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes with a hoof, she noticed that Vulpus was still quite asleep. Not wanting to wake him quite yet, she quietly returned her hooves to solid ground and trotted out of the room.

The lobby was mostly empty, except for the desk pony and several cleaning staff. Light streamed in from the windows and invigorated Mirage with excitement for the adventure ahead. She walked toward the bulletin board, hoping to find a good breakfast destination and a smile appeared as she located a brightly coloured flyer. With a quick scan of its message, she returned to the room and woke the earth pony softly. "Vulpus."

The pegasus could still sense the mild tiredness in Vulpus' voice. She hoped that she hadn't woken the earth pony too soon, as her mornings usually began before even those of most pegasi. "I guess so," she answered, pawing slightly at the groud. "I don't really remember it much. I think I was too excited for today." Her voice pitched upward slightly on the last word, a tiny laugh escaping with her sentance.

Sai chuckled at her comment, "Yeah, i have to admit, i had dreams of finding treasure last night." he moved to the edge of his bed, getting his leg onto his lap before attempting to strap it back on. as he pulled the strap tight the leg magically came back to life, "You about ready?"

Mirage looked in interest toward the prosthetic leg, never having seen such a device before. She guessed it was probably magic-powered, but still, it was an amazing phenomenon. Realizing that she was staring, she cleared her throat and look back into the eyes of her companion. "Yep! In fact, I have a suggestion for breakfast. A small place called 'Desert Delights'. I saw them building it when I was down here last. Wanna check it out?"

he smiled a little, noticing her stare, "It's okay to look... I'm surprised you havent even mentioned it yet." he told her as he got to his feet, "If you want to ask about it you can... i just dont want to bore you with a long story." he smiled, finally getting off the bed to get to her side, "Desert Delights... Sounds like a nice little place to have breakfast... I'm in if you are!"

"Alright then!" The pegasus declared her words with significant force, causing the cloud above to waver. "Oh yeah," she recalled. "Just a sec." Mirage swooped up toward the cloud and guiding it out the window and back into its native blue skies. Stretching her wings, she lifted the cloud back toward its fellows and basked slightly in the warm glow of Celestia's sun. However, it was only a moment, as the impulsive pegasus had no time for awe. Dashing back inside, she trotted over to the door. "It is a bit of a walk, so maybe you could tell me your story on the way?"

Vulpus followed her to the window, watching her pull the cloud back to it's home. he smiled a little, finding it curious how the clouds seemed to have a life of their own. he quietly pondered the idea of cloud families, and the symbiotic relationship they had with the ponies.but his mind wandered a bit when he saw her stretching in the sun. her skin seemed to gleam in the bright sun, and he found it hard to take his eyes off of her... however once he saw her coming back he moved aside and pretended that he wasn't staring.

"Okay then, i'll tell you once we get outside." he told her as they started heading down the steps.

Mirage nodded, wondering whether it was really a good idea to ask this earth pony whom she'd only just met to tell her something probably rather personal. Aw, c'mon Mirage, her mind retorted. That's not the pegasus of speed and impulse we all know! Besides, he did agree to tell his story. Mirage grinned slightly, she gave herself the best pep talks. Her thoughts still buzzed with ideas about the day ahead, but a low growl interrupted her pondering. Looking around quickly, the pegasus realized that it was only her stomach protesting a lack of food. With a slightly bashful smile, the pegasus said, "Sorry about that. I probably forgot to have lunch yesterday." She laughed again, trotting alongside Vulpus.

He chuckled, hearing her stomach rumble, followed soon by his own stomach giving him a whine and a groan, "Heh, it's okay, so did i... And dinner... i have a feeling i'm going to stuff myself today." he headed out with her, a little smile on his face as they walked, "So did you have any particular questions about my leg? Or just tell my story fro the beginning?" he asked, not wanting to bore her with a long story if she only wanted to know about a particular aspect about it.

Mirage wondered briefly whether she should ask about the likely magical properties of the leg. It would be interesting to know, but she could likely discover the same information from hearing the entire story. She figured that if she and Vulpus were to travel into the Spidersilk Caverns, she may as well know his story. If she was honest, she did want to know more about this mysterious stallion's past, not just his leg. "From the beginning's fine," she said.

hr nodded, begining to delve deep into his memories, pulling them out one at a time to share, "Well, me and my friend were playing in the mountains when a rock slide occurred... they weren't too badly hurt, but i was buried for a bit, and my leg was too badly injured to be saved, so they had to take it off..." he had a bit of a grim look on his face, as if he was looking a tthe scene playing in his mind. "I was in the hospital the longest, but my friends were always there... they told me it made them happy that i could still make them smile even in that situation, and i was happy that i could make them smile since they were hurting too. After a while i managed to get out and go back to school, but i was kinda useless with only three legs. some of the kids made fun of me and told me i would be a blank flank forever because i couldnt do anything with only three legs... so i begged my parents to let me get a prosthetic... You should have seen me though, looking back it was hilarious how i tried to say 'prosthetic' as a kid when i first heard about it." he smiled a little, he always tried to find a little brightness in his tale, "So i got a cheap one and began to get use to it... and after a while i got this baby." he held up the nice smooth prosthetic, acting just like any leg would, "It's charged with unicorn magic, although every so often i have to go back and get it recharged by the pony who made it."

"Wow," Mirage said, still wrapping her head around the story. She couldn't imagine having to live without one of her legs, much less as an earth pony. It would be a bad as losing one of my wings, she reasoned. Though her first instinct was pity, she also recognized how strong Vulpus must be to have persevered through that time, in both senses of the word. The pegasus didn't know if she would have been able to do the same. So, rather than comiserating - though that was clear by her expression of symapthy - Mirage voiced that thought. "You're probably the strongest pony I've ever met Vulpus, and that's no exaggeration." Her sincerity was supported by an almost instinctive bob of the head.

he smiled at her compliment. he was happy to hear words of strength rather than pity, "Thank you. That means a lot... It's really pushed me to do more than a lot of ponies have, and i'll admit, if i hadnt lost my leg i probably wouldn't have done or seen many of the amazing things i've been through."

Mirage nodded, glad she had said the right thing. Her impulsivity led often to an unconsidered misunderstanding, but it seemed that in this case she was getting better. "At least something good came out of it," Mirage said, remembering something that her mother said along those lines when she was a young filly. However, her reminiscing was short as the pegasus nearly knocked into a support beam for the building in front of her. Walking backward to get a better look at the structure, she noticed the inscription 'Desert Delights'. "Oh..um...we're here." Mirage had a slightly sheepish tone in her voice as she spoke, feeling rather clumsy.

Vulpus was in a bit of a daze himself, thinking of all the things he had done over the years, as well as the adventure they would be getting into today. "Oh yeah, plenty of good came out of it... Except..." he thought of something... making him frown. it distracted him so much he didnt realize that she had stopped. he suddenly found himself with her tail covering his face, bumping into her backside. he blushed, furiously rushing back a few feet, trying to regain his composure, "Oh jeez! I-i'm sorry, i was paying attention! i didn't mean to bump into you."

Mirage had almost not felt the impact, being too focused on thinking about the food inside their destination. She turned around at his exclaimation giving a slightly embarassed laugh. "Don't sweat it! It seems that we both weren't exactly on the ball." She did notice the unusual amount of embarassment which she was causing, wondering what could be the cause of her increase in akwardness-inducing. "But, here we are. Desert Delights, the biggest, newest, and...well...only restaurant in Dapple Dunes!" The pegasus couldn't help laughing again, but this time it was at her ridiculous salepony-sounding speech.

he chuckled at her comments, feeling a bit less embarrassed by his clumsiness, "Hehe, Well then! what are we waiting for! I'm starving!" he quickly led her inside, searching for an available table. he was still a bit red from bumping into her, but he didn't make any mention of it as he headed for the lone table by the window, "How does this look?"