Lightning Only Strikes Once [Closed]

CrimsonNova

"Sure, sounds great!" Azure thought he sounded too excited. "I mean, I closed up the shop before I came out here, so I guess the work is done for the day." He started to walk back down the dock, with Cherry at his side. Okay, where are we going to go eat? He hadn't thought of that before answering Cherry's question. Then again, what place should they even go to anyway? Fast food? Casual restaurant? Formal restaurant? Why were they going out in the first place? Ponies don't normally go out to eat with ponies who save them, do they? This felt like a date, but he made up his mind. "There's this great restaurant a few blocks away, I mean, if that's fine with you... any ideas?"

Cherry smiled at Azure, nuzzling him playfully. "Hey, that sounds good to me!" He seemed a little nervous, and Cherry wanted to put him at ease as much as possible. She continued to smile as they walked through the now-quiet city. Indeed, she was a little bit nervous herself. What should she say? Should she talk about the storm? About home?

She glanced up at him. He was a little bit taller than she, and his dark green eyes contrasted perfectly with his coat, and the more she stared, the more she seemed to notice the little things. Like how the sunset was making his coat glow. Or how his ruffled mane seemed to sweep perfectly back over his ears. He looked over at her and caught her staring at that moment. She blushed and lowered her head, concentrating on not falling over her own two hooves.