Silver Wish [Final]

CrimsonNova

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Silver Wish

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Coat Color: Light yellow - light beige

Mane: Her mane hangs slightly wavy/bouncy, and is blue/brown in color.

Tail: Her tail is full and bouncy, the same colours as her mane.

Eye Color: Silver

Cutie Mark: Weighing Scales

Physique: Average

Origin: Canterlot

Residence: Stalliongrad

Motivation: The night sky, and how changeable the weather may be.

Likes: Night-time strolls, lying on her balcony at night, her job.

Dislikes: The daytime, the sun, being forced into conversation with other ponies.

Character Summary: Silver Wish was born to two unicorn parents in Canterlot, and was raised into the family business of selling/collecting gems. This business thrived, for ponies all over Canterlot came to buy gems: be it for outfits, furniture or the like, and she was brought up with everything she asked for. She worked, collecting gems to sell in the store whenever she could, and she earned her pocket money this way. By the time she was just leaving foalhood, she had made her decision to move away on her own, incidentally getting her cutiemark earliest of her class in school. When she was in her late fillyhood, she had more than enough bits saved up to move out on her own. She had always wanted to move away from Canterlot, because she didn't feel as though she belonged there with all of the regals. She had envied the pegasi and their wings, especially when it came to being able to walk on clouds, and change the weather.

She moved to Stalliongrad, where she lives in a small tower with a balcony to her room, so she can gaze at the stars at night time. She works at the local museum, where she teaches ponies about the displays there.

She is sometimes referred to as an astronomer, although this is untrue: she doesn't know much about the stars, or the bodies of the sky, she simply likes to look at them. She is also somewhat of a social outcast owing to the fact that she spends so much time either in the museum or in her tower. She someday hopes to master the spell allowing her to walk on clouds, so she may meet the pegasi behind the weather, and learn more about how they manipulate the weather.

She obtained her cutie mark when she had to make her decision about moving from the city of Canterlot to fulfill her dreams: the weighing scales represent the decision, her ability to weigh the pro's and con's of making difficult descions and choose the better option, but also her love of the constellations. (The scales represent the star sign Libra.)

Although she doesn't talk to other ponies much, she is a kindhearted and gentle, especially to foals. She never had a brother or sister growing up, but always longed for one, as it often got quite lonely. She especially enjoys field trips from schools to the museum, and teaching the foals about the displays is one of her favourite things!

UnamedUnicorn-1.pngLibraCutie-1.png

This seems like a really neat character you've got here, there's just a couple things I think we should take a closer look at.

Cutie mark story: She obtained her cutie mark when she had to make her decision about moving from the city of Canterlot to fulfill her dreams: the weighing scales represent the decision, and also her love of the constellations. (The scales represent the star sign Libra.)
By the time she was in her late fillyhood, she had more than enough bits saved up to move out on her own.

I have two concerns with this combination, first being that there is practically no chance at all of a pony going until late fillyhood without getting their cutie mark. Even the CMC, who are presumed to be the last three in their class to get their marks, aren't very far into their fillyhood just yet.

My other concern is I'm a bit confused over what talent her mark is supposed to represent. Is she particularly good at making decisions that benefit her? Or is her talent with making fair decisions, taking into account everypony involved? Or is it more along the lines of choosing the best course of action after weighing all possible options and outcomes? I think a little clarity in this aspect could go a long way toward better defining what your character does.

And, just as a suggestion, I think the cutie mark story would be better off integrated with the rest of the summary instead of sticking out on its own.

Thanks for the advice, Armony. :)

I have specified that she got her cutie mark just after making her big decision, and added more to her actual talent of making decisions. Thank you again, and if there's anything else that seems a little off about it, please let me know! :P