The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

Cringing in pain at the constant hissing of the heat making its way past his fur, thorugh his skin, and towards his bones; Val forced a smile as he tried to shake off the obvious pain he was in. "Its cool, its cool. Hasnt been the first time that I took something like this to the back" chuckled Val weakly. Turning to walk away, he fell to a knee as he muttered "Alright yeah, Im gonna need help. Take some water from the river, and dump it into that thick leaf over there" Val pointed over towards a large leaf. "I recognized that leaf, the tiny pricks of it will help in cooling down my back" sighed Valoren.

Midnight nodded she lifted up the leaf and run to the river. She placed the leaf in the water and then ran back over to Val.

She let the water run over the burnt places on Val's back and wings,

"You didn't have to do that..." She said,

(Sorry for the last post :P I was on my phone so I think it accidentally sent it twice :P)

Val watched silenelty as Midnight did what he said, smiling as they were able to teach each other new things. "Heh, you learn something new everyday" Val smiled lightly. Flincihing at the pain, he sighed as he felt it started to leave. Shaking his head, he smiled lightly "I did it because your my friend, and I cant let my friends get hurt". Shrugging, as he shook his wings he grunted "Wasnt the first time that I got burnt before, so I was able to handle it". Seeing the look on her face, Val commented "Its alright Midnight, I'm alright. I dont regret what I did".

Midnight sighed, "Are you okay to walk?" Midnight saw Val nod and helped him over to the cave, after she had set the fire up again she headed outside again.

She picked up some large rocks and covered the entrance of the cave leaving a small gap that both her and Val could fit through to get out but not visible from the outside,

Just as Midnight had come in she heard the same music playing again like it did the other night, this time was different though, instead of pony faces the gamemakers had a message:

"Well done to all of our tributes for making it so far! We have a special invite for each and everypony of you, you all need something," Midnight looked over at Val,'Those burns won't heal themselves' She thought to herself, "Tomorrow morning there will be a feast at where you begun, there will be a table with the items you need. But the question is? Will you risk your life for those items?" The music played again and left Val and her in silence, Midnight looked over at Val and began to stand up,

Val wasnt really ready to admit that it really was hurting him. The pain that he was feeling in his back was rather unpleasent, since he found it hurt just to walk. However, he wasnt about to admit that to his friend since he needed to be strong for the both of them. For that, they would be able to get to this invitation thingy tommorow, and hopefully survivie another day. Last thing he wanted was to end up in some bottomeless pit, starving to death. That would seriously suck!! Flinching, he thought to himself "Its alright. It will heal in time. Just is gonna ach abit to fly. But I'll live" he told himself. Looking at Midnight, he offered her a cheerful smile; attemtphing to brush off the pain. He didnt want her to feel bad or nothing. Watching as she stood, he asked "Whats wrong"?

Midnight smiled back slightly but then sighed, "I'm going to go the feast, alone," Midnight saw Val's reaction, "If somepony chases us you could get killed! You can hardly stand up..." She said, "Anyway, I've got to do something, it's my fault your back is in that way so I'll go." She said while lifting the Bow and Quiver which she had been leaning against the cave wall,

She looked out of the cave, Sundown. "Perfect, I can get there by nightfall and wait it out all night, and in the early hours of the morning before anypony else is there I will take the medicine." She thought to herself,

Valoren gasped, not able to beleive what she was suggesting!!

"Y..you want to go in alone? Thats crazy!! Im not doubting you, but we're a team" Val insisted, as he got up; hissing in pain as he ignored it to the best of his ability. "Whatever we do, we do together. I know that Im hurt, but its not gonna slow me down, I promise!! I need to help out in anyway I can" he insisted as he couldnt find it in himself to just let her go off alone.

"Your in pain!" She said, "And I know you can do this but I can't put your life in anymore danger, I know were a team but like I said your hurt. If your caught and...well, I'll never forgive myself. It's my fault we are here so I have to do this." She pleaded looking him in his eyes,

Midnight looked out of the cave again it was nearly nightfall. If she was going to survive this feast she needed to leave now...

"Im fine, really. I just neeed to...urrg, okay Im hurt" Val admitted as he slammed his head into the back of a tree. Looking up, he grunted as he tried to avoid looking at Midnight so she wouldnt see the hurt in his eye. "I really dont want you to out on your own, but I guess I dont really have a choice". Looking at her, he sighed "I want you to promise me something. Promise me that if it gets too danergous for you, that you'll pull out to safety. If you were to get hurt or killed, I dont know what I would do" he pleaded to Midnight.

Midnight nodded her head, she smiled at him, "I'll be okay..." She said, "I promise, if it gets to hard I'll come back."

Midnight saw the worry in his face, "Like I said, don't worry." She said while lifting the bow and arrows, "I'll be back soon," She said as she made her way to the edge of the jungle and looked back at Val, she smiled and then headed off into the trees,

Watching her leave, Val slammed his head into the back of the tree trunk repeadtly, frustrated at the entire situation. He should be up and about, helping out his friend intead of lying here, playing possum. It didnt feel right since he always sought to help out others. Now it seemed that the situation he complety reversed, and he was the one in need of help. "Please be safe Midnight" he begged to himself.

Midnight Read galloped through the jungle. She jumped over the logs and ducked under the sharp leaves hanging from the tree. An hour later Midnight found herself at the starting point again. A table was set up in the middle but was empty. Deciding there was nothing else to do she sat down and waited.

What seemed like hours later Midnight blinked at the rising sun. She turned her head to the table and was surprised to see that there was a line of saddlebags across it. Midnight spotted one with the letter M and V on it. Midnight looked around, she saw nopony in sight so she decided to take a chance and ran to the table. She lifted the saddlebag off the table and put it on. As soon as she put it on she went galloping into the jungle again.

After another hour of dodging leaves and jumping over logs she saw the river and cave in sight. Suddenly a pony jumped out of the bushes and pounced onto Midnight. Midnight screamed in shock. The filly which had jumped on her smiled. Midnight tried to buck her off but the her capture was too strong.

"GET OFF ME!" Midnight shouted as she tried to buck the filly off,

In his head, Valoren had transformed!! A mad pony in a lab coat, and some crazy goggles ; was cackling insanly as he contiued to experiment on Val. Val kept trying to break free from his bonds on the table, yet he was too weak. No matter what he did, he couldnt break free. Then the mad pony took out a large needle, and injected Val with it. Feeling his heart rate start to accelerate and jumpstart, Val watched as his body structure started to alter!! His hooves suddenly sporuted five fingers. He suddenly packed more muscle then he ever had before as his mane grew longer. Growling slowly as he ripped free of his bonds, he found himself standig on two hooves as he looked down at himself in horror. He had transformed into one of those mutants!! Screaming in fear, he woke up.

Flinching, Val scracthed the back of his head as he tried to register what was happening. Hearing screaming, Val glanced out the cave to see Midnight under attack!! Feeling more alert, and the pain dimminished; Val got up as he galloped out of the cave and yanked the filly off of Midnights back.

Midnight gasped as the weight of the filly was lifted off.

Midnight got up and saw Val pinning the filly on the ground. Suddenly the filly bucked Val off. As he was startled the filly was raised a sharp blade to Val. Not wanting her friend to be sliced up Midnight ran up to Val and took the hit. Midnight fell onto the ground in the searing pain in her leg.

Midnight gritted her teeth as she tried to get up, as she got up she screamed in pain as the pain worsened in her leg.

Val gawked in horror at the sight of his hurt friend. "MI...Mmmpf mmpf" Val was cut off as his voice was muffled. Looking up, he caught sight of the filly giving him an evil look as she had placed a clothes over his mouth and nose as she attmepthed to suffocate him. Groaning, he gripped at what held him as he backed up against a tree harshly, Looking down to see he had knocked out the filly, Val took the clothe as he rushed next to Midnight. Quickly wrapping the clothe around her leg, he tied it gently as he whispred "Your gonna be alrihgt, your gonna be alright" to Midnight as he helped her up slowly. "Cmon, lets get somewhere safe" he whispered as he started to help her walk.

Midnight lifted up the saddlebag which had been thrown of her when the filly attacked her. She put the saddlebag on and limped towards the cave with Val. When she was inside the cave she opened the bag and took out it's contents: Some bandages and Medicine. Midnight grinned. 'I've done it. All we need to worry about now is food and water.' Midnight looked at her leg as the pain continued, she tried to ignore it as she checked what medicine they had received.

Val didnt look like he was ready to give up, as he found himself really worried for her sake. In this condition, it would be hard...unless. Unless he got his hooves on some roots, mixed it within some more of the plants he used; and asked her to use magic. Her injury could be healed and she'd be back to normal!! Problem was that he didnt know if those ingridents were even in this reigion, and they had enough problems as it was. They didnt need more!! Looking at her worried, he siad "We'll get food soon, but are you sure your all right" he asked, obviosuly showing that he cared for her.

Midnight Read looked at her bandaged leg. She tried to put some weight on it instead of limping but winced as a sharp pain shot through her leg,

"Yeah...I'll live, one of the main characters in the book had the same injury..." She said, seeing he still was worried Midnight smiled, "I'm fine really, we have medicine for your burns so we're going to be fine," She said while lifting the medicine and bandages up and grinning at Val,

Valoren looked down as he shook his head in disblief. She was blowing off her injury like it was nothing, but he didnt buy it!! Not for one second!! "Im going to help get your leg better when i get my hooves on whats needed" he thought to himself determindly. Looking away, he sighed weakly "Okaaay, what we need now is to just move to another location. Somewhere, where no pony will find us". Glaring his eyes trhough the bushes, he could spot what looked like a hug hollow point in a tree, that looked large enough to let them both hang out in. "Cmon, I'll help you" Val urged, as he gently helped her to her hooves.

Midnight let Val help her up. "It's fine, we have more things to worry about" She said while limping out of the cave with the saddlebags,"We don't need to bother about my leg, we just need to find food..." Said Midnight while coming up to the tree,

Midnight sat down in the tree and took out the medicine and put it on the tree floor. "This is for your burns by morning they will be healed and then we will be able to get food," She said smiling up at Val,

"Alright fine" Val nodded in agreement as they got inside the tree trunk. It was surprisingly really roomy, and therefore comfertable. Sighing as he plopped himself down onto the floor, Val ran a hoof through his mane tiredly as he looked over at Midnight with a smile. "These last two days have been really exhausting you know" he smiled lightly, having never been through anything quiet like this. "Here I though I had gone and experinced all of it, but I guess that you learn something new everyday huh" he chuckled.

Midnight smiled, "Yeah, I've learnt more than the book actually taught me," She said while examining the medicine and opening up the lid to find out it was a type of cream. Closing it back up she put the medicine down again,

"When we first came I only knew the basics but now, I feel like I know so much more," She said smiling,

"Heh heh, its really good to hear how one can be prepared for these sort of things. Whilst I did do research before I went out to go adventuring, alot of what I learned ended up being learned on the sport. Completly improvised" Val recounted, trying his best not to sound like he was bragging or anything. "Heh, like there was this one time that I was exploring some caves out near Seaside Bay. I had heard some legend about ponies that lived underwater. I wanted to see if it was true. What happened was that upon entering, a trap had been actiaved that sent a giant boulder falling down towards me from a hidden hole. Luckily, the floor beneath me was a trap door so I was able to slid under it whilst the boulder smashed into the floor!! I didnt find any evidence of there being any Sea ponies sadly, so it was sorta a disappointmemnt. Exciting yeah, but I didnt get alot out of it" he said softly. Before he could tell more however, something tiny, but powerful smashed into the ground. "Huh..." Val blinked as he looked to see it was a tiny rock that had the power of a boulder. Looking out from the trunk, he gasped as it started to rain rocks with the same power; causing the trunk to shake.

Midnight smiled as Val told his story, "The only encounter I have had with a Sea pony is through a book!" She said sighing,

Suddenly the ground was shaking! Midnight jumped up onto her hooves which caused her to let at a little scream of pain. Shaking this off she looked out of the trunk,

"What should we do?!" Midnight shouted to Val over the noise of rocks smashing to the ground,