The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

Val put a hoof to his head as he tried to focus his thoughts. Way too much was happening at once for him to think straight. "I dunno, I dunno. Give me a sec" Val insisted to Midnight as he closed his eyes and tried to focus. "Darn it, darn it, darn it" he cursed gently as he tried to think. Suddenly as if a light bulb went off in his brain, he shot his head up. Rushing to his sathcel; he dug inside as he removed a sheet that he used as a blanket, table clothe; that sorta thing. Rushing outside as he thought to himslef "Its crazy that rocks the size of pebbles can house the power of a boulder. But if that sorta thing can play out in this reality, then Im certain my idea will be able to do the same". Opening the sheet up as he tied it to two seperate branches, and to the entrance to the hole, he backed up and watched as rocks pounded against it as they slowly dug in..before shooting away from the sheet. "Well, its complely crazy, yet it worked" Val thought as he squeezed his way back into sanctuary.

Midnight watched Val in confusion as he began to work. After Val had entered the trunk again Midnight look out of the tree trunk to see what he had been working on. Midnight gasped as she saw the rocks hitting the roof that hung over the branches bounce off.

"How did you figure out that the cloth would make the rocks bounce off?" She asked in amazement,

Panting as Val held his chest, trying to calm himself down, he looked up at Midnight with a weak grin. "Heh, truth be told; I didnt" he admitted as he ploped down next to her. "You said that the game masters seemed to control the rules, and kept changing things to see how we would adapt. So, I figured to try and adapt to the situation to see if they found what I did acceptable. Seeing as how my plan worked, I guess it was acceptable. Sooo, we're good for now at least until they decide to throw something new at us". Laying his head against the trunk, he sighed "Though, I hope that isn't gonna be for abit. With all the craziness thats been happening, I need a sec to catch my breathe. Even adventures need a moment to breathe after all".

Midnight smiled and sighed, "I think they are going to let us have a rest from all the craziness for now,"Midnight looked out of the tree trunk and saw the moon was slowly beginning to rise, "I don't remember anything happening at this time in the book, Midnight began to say but was cut off from the sound of the same powerful music they had heard a couple of nights ago,

Midnight stood up and tried to get a closer look as ponies faces were being projected in the sky, through the rocks Midnight saw a small filly with a brown fur and jet black mane flash across the sky. Midnight's mouth was open in shock as she saw the young filly's face being projected in the sky,

Val looked out, admiring the moon as he nodded at its beauty. "Mmmm, sure looks beautiful" he admitted softly. Eyeing Midnight gently, he thought to himself "Your pretty beautiful yourself". Keeping that thought to himself, he wondered if things were going to get worse. In his experience, when things were already bad; they could be alot worse. Like the pebbles could lit on fire, setting the tree ablaze. In that moment, he half expercted things to get worse, but luckly nothing happened!! Good thing he kept that thought to himself. Looking out as he saw the same thing Midnight saw, Val muttered to himself "What the hay"?

Midnight looked up at the moon and silently nodded in agreement of it's beauty.

"Her name is Rue," Midnight said still looking at the sky, "She had a loving family back at home, she worked in the fields and loved to hear the birds sing," Midnight continued like she had swallowed a book about this young filly, "When she came into the Pony Games she helped the main character, healed her and felt as if the main character was her big sister. It was Rue who helped the rebellion, it was her who helped the main character understand what had to be done." Midnight finished as a tear slowly fell down her cheek.

"Ahhh. Well, i guess that sort of makes me Rue since your the main character and Im the sidekick of this little advenutre" he chuckled weakly since he usually was the alpha taking the lead. But since he didnt really know this book, nor had he ever read it before; this would make her the main character. Putting a hoof to his chin, he commented "Waaaait, does that mean that we have to start a pony rebellion? Maybe if we follow what happened in the book, we will be able to survive and get out of this in one piece". Looking away, he thought "But if we do that, will the game masters of this world let us leave? Or will they surprise us? I dont that we have..oh". Gasping at seeing at tear, he frowned as he offered her a hug. "Hey cmon now, dont cry please. Its alright" he said softly.

Midnight hugged Val, "I'm fine," She said softly, "Well like I said before, the games end when there is only one pony standing, when the main character wins the games with her ally she had to pretend she was in love with, to let both of them survive she did something that made the gamemakers mad, after that they are both the faces of rebellion."

Midnight smiled and sighed, "I'm nothing like the main character, and your the main colt of the story, His name is Peeta, he bakes bread and he saved the main character while she was starving, he gave up a piece of bread and threw it to her in the pouring rain," Midnight said,

Listening to her explain on how the story worked, Val looked away as he thought to himself "Alrighty then, if things contiue to go well in our favor then hopefully we'll be able to...wait...bake bread"? Looking up, he smiled weakly "Ahh, i guess I better learn how to bake bread for you then. Though Ive honestly never really cooked before". He lived on cold food mostly, ceral and sometimes soups. "OOo!! I know what to do to help you feel better" he grinned as he smirked cheerfuly "I am going to go get some ingridents to make you some broth". When he got a strange look, he smirked "Its a special kinda soup that I make, so Ill be right back" he nodded to the unicorn as he turn and rushed out into the opneing; eager to get the stuff needed to help his friend recover her strength.

Midnight couldn't help but smile as Val ran out of the tree trunk. Not wanting to just sit and do nothing Midnight decided to add a little bit of light in the tree trunk. She gritted her teeth in pain as she stood up. Shaking the pain away she began to teleport some candles and placed them around the room as she sung a lullaby softly.

Midnight sat down happy with her work now humming the tune. She looked towards the entrance of the tree trunk and wondered what ingredients Val was gathering.

"And when we take some of these nuts; crack them open and pour the escences" nodded a safisted Valoren as he poured the yellowish liqid into the empty bowl. Rushing next to the river, Val smiled as he then filled up the bowl to the top with water. Exaiming it close, he noticed it became less of a water fluid and more of a soup one. Grinning at what he was seeing, Val then went over towards some of the fruits in the trees. Picking them off, he wondered to himself how Midnight was. He just hopped that she was well since even though he had been gone for abit now; he was still worried. "Shes alright" his mind insisted as he looked down to see the soup was done. Now all he had to do was heat it up. Creating a small fire, he set the soup ontop of it as he smiled "Mmm, apple flavored..Im sure she'll like it" he thought as it finsihed!! Rushing back into the tree, he smiled as he placed the broth down in front of Midnight. "Done" he beamed.

Midnight stopped humming as soon as Val came in the tree trunk. Midnight teleported a spoon and took a sip of the broth. As soon as she had took a sip the flavor of apples was spread across her tongue.

She looked up at Val grinning, "How did you make this? It's amazing!" She asked him before taking another sip,

"Well, lets just say that when you travel alot; you sorta need to improvise with what you got" chuckled Val as he watched in amusement, his broth being drunk. Sitting back, he wondered how she felt or..if she even felt the same way about him? Apart of him wanted to ask right on the spot so he could put an end to this, yet he hesistated. That was what didnt make no sense to him. He was Valoren Seeker, he didnt hesitate for anything!! But apparently when it came to expressing his feelings to any pony in a way that goes beyond simple friendship, he did. So he sat there in silence as he watched her eat/drink.

Midnight finished the last of the broth. "The main character had to make food like this, luckily she was given the supplies by a sponsor, so besides having to keep yourself and ally alive you have to make people like you to get sponsors which can be the difference of life and death,"

Midnight saw Val lost in thought, "Whats wrong?" She asked him,

At that point, Valoren was busy admiring her qualites. She was shy yes, but when picking on the right topics; she was talkative. She was beautiful, yet intellegent. In a way, she seemed to be everything that he wasnt. Smart, shy, kept to herself. Yet it was qualties like this that seemed to draw him to her. The problem was that he was unsure if that she felt the same way, and worse was that if he did ask how she felt; he could end up accidenatly ruining their friendship!! He didnt want that. But at the same time, it was driving him nuts in not knowing how she felt!! He then envisoned himself with her, hugging her close to him with his wings as he gently ran a hoof through her mane. Nuzzling his cheek against her, he brought his lips closer to hers when.. he was snapped out of his thoughts by her question. Blushing intenstly as he prayed she hadnt heard any of his thoughts aloud, he stammered "Ah, ah. Ima..ahh..its alright. Nothings wrong" he managed to blurt out nervously, laughing weakly in an attmepth to cover up how he felt.

Midnight noticed he was blushing and smiled. She tried to ignore the blush and act normal, "You looked like you was in a compleatly different world," She said while putting the bowl next to the bow and arrows leaning on the wall of the trunk,

Midnight turned her head to the entrance of the trunk thinking about what Val had said before, would they have to start a rebellion? If they did what would they do, what could happen? Midnight continued to stare out of the trunk asking herself these questions.

"Ahh, well yes I was in another world. I was ummm..thinking about" Val protested as he wracked his brain around and tried ot think of the first thing that would come to his mind. Getting something, he manged to shout out "Pizza!! I am.uh....thinking about some Pizza. With er...olives and umm..hay bits..it would be delcious to have right about now" laughed out Val weakly as he ran a hoof through his mane nervously, trying to get rid of all shyness. Seeing her focused look, he asked "Ahem, err what about you? What are you thinking about right now" he asked lightly.

Midnight smiled at Val's odd behavior, but continued to look out of the trunk.

"I was...well I was thinking about what you said, about the rebellion. What if we have to actually create a rebellion? I can't become the face of rebellion!" Midnight said now pacing,

She sat down and sighed, "Like I said before, I'm nothing like the main character."

Val sighed as his previous infaction with her was forgotten temporarlity as he smiled lightly in her direction. She was nervous, perhaps scared since the idea of becoming a leader of a rebellion was a rather frigthening idea. He'd be afaird too if he had to decided the constant fate of every single member. Still if she were to become leader, she wouldnt be alone. "It's true, your not like the main character. Your different. That is good" he assured as he sat down next to her. "We're you exactly like the main character, that would be very boring and therfore; not very exciting. Being leader is a scary idea I admit. But know this, we're you to become leader; you wouldnt be alone". Grinning lightly, he insited "I would be right there beside you as your..your..your advisor!! Yeah thats it!! Whenever unsure on ideas or notions; I would be there to help you out".

Midnight looked away from the entrance and looked up at Val, "Thanks," She said quietly feeling reassured, "You know, every time I talk to you I feel like I'm talking actually talking to the colt main character, stupid I know..." She said laughing lightly,

Midnight looked back up at the sky and saw the moon was right above them. "It's midnight, if you want to catch some sleep I can keep watch if you like." Midnight tried to remember what the two main characters did in the book, "In the book the main characters took turns to keep watch so I'll wake you up in a couple of hours." Midnight said trying not to be too bossy.

"Really? Heh, maybe I am the colt main character and you dont even know it" joked Valoren lightly as he ran a hoof through his mane to exaggerate in being handesome. To really put up more on the haminess, he smirked as his teeth shinned. Giggling in response, he smiled "Yeah, some sleep would be ideal after the day I had. I wouldnt really mind switching back and forth with shifts. Hopefully we wont get attacked in the middle of the night since I am really looking forward to some sleep". Yawning tremendously, he sat back as he nuzzled up against a corner tired. The events had really done a number on him, and he just wanted to sleep and forget all about it.

Midnight giggled at the grinning Val running his hoof through his mane. "You don't know how much I've wanted so somepony to say that. It's funny to think that I've always wanted to meet the ponies who are hunting us down right now." She said shaking her head,

Midnight turned her head to see Val going to sleep in the corner, she turned her head to the entrance again.

Midnight looked out into the darkness her mind still drifting back to the rebellion. 'Does Val know what he's letting himself into?' Midnight asked herself,

'There are so many elements of the story missing as well and if me and Val are to take the places of the main characters would we be able to do it?'

Midnight's thoughts drifted off to the whole pretending to be in love with the main colt thing that the main character had to do while leading the rebellion. Midnight looked over at Val and shook her head, she didn't think about him that way, did she? Even the main character wasn't sure about how she felt, even if she did think about him that way there is no way that Val would go for a mare like herself. Val is adventurous, outgoing and brave, and she; was the exact opposite. But the way Val acted made her wonder, does he feel the same way? Midnight rolled her eyes at herself, of course he didn't. 'We're friends,' Midnight sighed sadly looking up at the sky, 'Nothing else to him,' Midnight thought to herself looking up at the moon.

Blinking several times, Valoren sat up as he awoke in the middle of the night. He felt kinda strange actually, like he was really cold for some weird reason. Shivering, he looked outside and saw that it was a blizzard outside!! Snow was blowing, the wind was howling like crazy and everything that he had been hopping wouldnt happen, was happneing.

Turning back to face Midnight, he was surprised to see that she was gone. "Midnight, where'd you go" Val asked aloud nervously as he wondered where she had gone. Stepping outside into the blizzard, he stared up into field as he could see Midnight!! Rushing towards her, Val galloped as fast as he could to reach her. This blizzard was getting more and more intense!! He had to get her out of..WHOA!!

He was horrified to see a giant meteor, the size of a mountain coming down from the sky. It was heading straight towards Midnight!! "No" Val shouted horrified at the sight as it crashed into the ground, destroying everything in sight as Midnight vanished. A wave of fire approached him from the impact of the meteor!! Putting his hooves up to defend himself, Val was thrown off of his hooves and sent flying towards the tree!! Just as he was about to hit it, he woke up.

"Uggh" he groaned as sun light blinded his vision. Staring out of the tree trunk as he spotted the sleeping Midnight, he thought "Just a dream, thank Celestia..". Looking her over gently, he smiled to himself thinking "She even looks cute when she's sleeping".

Midnight continued to look into the darkness, she yawned and decide to lie down but she suddenly found herself closing her eyes.

Midnight sat up urgently, she looked around the tree trunk looking for Val. Midnight turned her head to the corner Val was in and found it empty.

"Val?!" Midnight called out while galloping out of the tree trunk. Midnight galloped into the jungle still calling Val's name.

Midnight suddenly ran into a clearing where she found Val standing right in the middle. As Midnight began to run towards Val, a huge flying machine hovered above their heads. Suddenly five bulky Pegasus' ponies had surrounded Val. Midnight began to gallop to Val again, one of the ponies turned around and pushed her away. Midnight fell to the ground, she looked up and saw Val being forced into the flying machine. Midnight looked up at the machine, she gasped as she saw a colt with white fur and a mane which was a very dark shade of grey look down at her. Knowing who this strange colt was Midnight screamed for Val to fly away but he continued to fly up to the machine. As Val flew closer to the machine Midnight turned her head to the right and saw a large group of huge dogs surround the outskirt of the clearing.

"Val! Stop! They're the gamemakers!" She shouted up at Val ignoring the dogs.

One of the dogs had began to run towards her and she was plunged into darkness screaming Val's name.

"Midnight, please wake up" Val insisted as he watcher her struggle in her sleep. Whatever she was dreaming about musta been horrible!! As he reached to give her a gentle tap, he was hoofed in the nose by accident. Rubbing his sore nose, he thought "Alright, maybe waking her isnt such a good idea. But umm..erm..perhaps something to help stimulate whatever shes dreaming!! If shes having a nightmare, then perhaps I can do something to change it to a good dream!! Sitting next to her, he placed a gentle hoof on her shoulder as he spoke "Midnight, if you can hear me then you need to know. What you are seeing isnt real. Its in your head. You alone have the power to turn whatever horror's that you are facing to your advantage. Deciding to see if he could help her out through another method, hethen spoke a rhyme that his mother had told him whenever he was scared as a foal; to keep the monster away. "Poor little Drizzle Droop, Even the chaplain won't forgive you. Forever lies, your pleading cries, But Sunny knows you felt her. Nowhere left for you to run, Every fault laid bare in the open. Along with your skin, splayed out from within, Once the monster has his fun.

Take heed, it's not too late, Mistakes needn't haunt you forever. Though you have regret, you can't just forget, You alone decide your fate" he finished; hoping his words would give her the strength to take control of her nightmare.