The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

Suddenly everything turned to white.

Midnight found herself in a small meadow, she looked around and found the young filly that had appeared in the sky later that night standing near some primrose flowers. Midnight walked over to the filly wondering why she was there. Midnight was just about to ask the filly her question but the filly began walking away. Curious about where the filly was going Midnight followed her.

After a couple of minutes of following the filly, Midnight spotted Val in the distance and galloped over to him. As she came up to him she smiled back as he smiled at her. They both sat down with the young filly named Rue, Midnight sitting close to Val. Midnight heard Val say a little rhyme and smiled. Midnight decided to lie down and closed her eyes listening to Val's rhyme.

Midnight opened her eyes and yawned. Feeling refreshed and happy from the dream she had just had forgetting about her previous nightmare, Midnight turned her head to Val who was sitting beside her with a worried expression on his face.

"Val? Whats wrong?" She asked, worried something had happened.

Closeing his eyes, he pictured a vivid image in his head of where Midnight was. Somewhere peaceful, and quiet far away from all of this craziness. Where ever she was, he hopped that she was safe. Hearing her ask him a question, he opened his eyes and grinned lightly at the sight of her staring at him concerned. "Midnight" he smiled as he pulled her into a quick hug, relieved to see that she was okay. "Im sorry, but you had me worried since you looked like you were in alot of pain, like you were running away from something. So I uhh..tried helping my..saying a rhyme to help you..gain control of whatever it was you were dreaming about. I did it cause uhh..I was worried about you" he admited lightly, as he stared shyly at his hooves for admiting it aloud to her. He hopped she didnt think him a wimp for doing such a thing.

Midnight blushed as Val hugged her. She remembered her nightmare, how she was so scared about losing Val but then she remembered her recent dream, how she felt so safe in the meadow with Val. Midnight shook her head waking herself up from her daydream in the meadow.

She looked at Val when she heard he was worried about her, she saw him look down at his hooves. Midnight blushed unsure what to say. "Well, I'm okay. It was just a dream," She said softly, "Thank Celestia." She said under her breath,

Midnight stood up slowly being careful with her leg. She saw the bright sunlight coming from the entrance and walked outside curious about where their new resting area was.

Val smiled lightly as he watched her leave, but at the same time was saddened and annoyed with himself. Why couldnt he bring himself to just admit it too her?! After all he had been through, one would think that this would be a no brainer. The adventurer sighed bitterly as he followed her outside. "We'll we dont have to worry about any tribes pony finding us for awhile. Out here in the middle of nowhere of this forest is as good a place as any to hide really" he admited as he turned to the unicorn. "Do you have any ideas of where we should go next since you know this book alot better than me" he questioned curiously. Thinking back to the mutants he had fought, he wondered how many more of them resided in this forest; and exactly what was there intentions and purpose.

Midnight smiled up at the warm sun thinking about her dream. Was her feelings in her nightmare real? Midnight remembered the how she felt when she thought she had lost him. But then, in her other dream, she felt so happy when she was sitting next to Val. Midnight shook her head confused by her feelings, where they more than friendship?

Midnight came out of her thoughts hearing Val answer a question, "Oh, umm...It would be easier if we kept the same resting place so if we are going to go out for food and water we need to make sure to stay close to our resting place and to stay together at all times. Being separated would make it harder because if one of us gets lost then we are putting our selves in danger because we are more at risk of being caught by other ponies." Midnight said blushing at her previous thoughts,

Midnight looked up at the trees trying to clear her head and spotted the same bird she had found by the stream. She looked up at the Mockingjay remembering the young filly in her dream.

"No, I cant do it anymore" Val thought to himself in distress as he shook his head in denial. It was simply too much for him to handle, and if he kept in how he was feeling any longer; than he felt like it was going to explode and he would end up blurting out how he felt like a complelte moron!! Gulping, he thought to himself "Okay, Im gonna do it..but how should I proceed" he thought to himself. Trying to think about what was the best reasonable way to let himself known on how he feels; he reasoned "ALright, what if I try out something like..casually!! Yeah, Yeah!! If i just bring up the topic, it will seem to obvious. SO..alluding to it will maybe at least let her know how i feel and not give away that I have feelings for her..if what i just thought makes any sense at all" he scolded himslef in anger. Wanting to slap himself,he coughed as he sat next to her and asked "Hey Midnight? What is your opinon on..love"?

Midnight looked away from the bird and turned her head to Val.

"Love?" Midnight asked starting to blush again, "Well, I don't really have any experience in that topic, I've only read about it in books," She admitted, thinking about the characters in her books and how they related to love.

"Well I think that love can be the most powerful thing on earth," Midnight rolled her eyes, "I know it must sound stupid but if you love someone so much you would give your life for them. For example, in the book we are in right now like I said before the main character had to pretend she was in love with her tribute, Peeta, but she finds out that she actually has feelings for the colt. So throughout the book she helps him and puts her life on the line for him. To me, something that can make you give up your own life sounds powerful to me." Midnight said while looking down at her hooves shyly,

"Why do you ask?" She asked Val curiously looking up at him again,

Looking away from Midnight, Val tried to think of what was the best way for him to break the ice.

"Weeeeeelll" he went off as he scotched abit closer to her. "A few years ago, I read a book about a couple of not only two different social classes, but two completly different personalites. Perhaps you've heard of the Equestrian Asunder books? The one about ponies, dragons, griffons, zebras, and all different animals uniting to save the land of Equestria from a darkness that was spreading over the lands"? As he recieved an answered, he said "Well...A noble pony whose rich status was just below royalty, could have any pony he wanted if he wished it..any at all. Yet the one pony he fell in love for, he couldnt have..because she was afaird of what love could do to her. In this world, ponies that could use magic were regraded as dangerous as they were susepetible to being possessed by demons that would love to do nothing more then cause pain to others. Any pony that was able to use magic, had to go to a place called the "Sphere of Magi". Any who didnt go, we're regarded as criminals".

Blushing as he conintued, he spoke "Ashley was a strong, powerful independent pony who needed no one..yet Fawkes wanted to be with her. He opened his heart to her, and whilst she indugled him; she became frightined..she was a sort of pony who believed in two things: Power and Survival. Being exposed to love..scared her as she feared she would become dependent or end up with. hurting the one she was starting to care for. After the darkness was destroyed, she left..and for three years, he searched all over Equestria for her. Evetnatuly, he found her and she was prepared to leave this world forever into another world in order to prepare for a new darkness. Despite all the time that had passed, Frawkes still had feelings for her and through persuation; he finally got her to admit her feelings. Realizing she loved him, the two kissed before departing from this world to a new one, to spend the rest of their lives together".

Finishing the short story, he blushed "I guess the point Im trying to make is..love is really powerful yes and..if found in the right places, then it can be...good for..certain ponies".

Midnight nodded. "I've heard of them but I have never gotten the chance to read them," She admitted,

She smiled as he told his story interested to see how much Va knew about this book. After Val had finished Midnight blushed, "I know a story a bit like that but the two friends hated each other," Midnight said,

"When I was little I used to read this book called Harry Trotter. It is about a young unicorn and how he has to defeat the pony that killed his parents. Well Harry has two friends Hermione and Ron, Hermione is the smartest unicorn in her class and Ron, well lets say he's not the brightest. They went through fights and it was Ron who actually released he liked Hermione more than friends as they grew up but he wouldn't admit his feelings. But in the last book of the series they finally admit they have feelings and after they destroy part of the evil unicorn they...kiss" Midnight blushed and nodded agreeing with love being powerful, "And unexpected. You can just fall in love with somepony suddenly without realizing it." Midnight said trying to hide her blush,

Laughing weakly as he heard her story, Val blushed immsenly as he ran a hoof through his mane to deal with the shyness. As he scootched closer, he didnt realized it until it was too late that he was now directly next to Midnight. "Oh, ha ha..that umm..sounds like a very good story yes. An..and it does teach a good lesson" he nodded as he turned to face her slowly. Looking at her violet mane, as it seemed to sparkle in the daylight, Val felt his cheeks go red as he tried to focus on another aspect of her. Looking into her eyes..those..those shining, wonderful orbs he could feel his heart starting to beat faster, and faster. Leaning close towards her, he unconsciously spoke "Love can just seem to..come out of nowhere.where we..least suspect it" he said in an almost whispered tone as he leaned in towards Midnight.

Midnight blushed as Val sat closer to her but found herself smiling while sitting next to to him. She turned her head to Val.

"Yeah...I-I guess it can..." Midnight said sensing him leaning in closer but Midnight didn't move a muscle,

Midnight smiled at Val her thoughts about how she felt now demolished; she now knew how she felt.

"Val, I-I've been thinking over these past few days and well, I think I lo-" Midnight began to say but gasped as she saw a huge wolf-like creature walking out of the bushes. Midnight stared in shock at the creature but then realized what was happening.

Midnight held Val's hoof and blushed but began to run towards the jungle to the place where this had all began.

"Son of a...you stupid wolf" Val thought furiously, angrered at the interupition. She had just started to say the magic word, and Val for a brief moment thought he was about to end up as one of the main characters in a romance novel, and then this jerk had to show up and screw everything up for him!! "Grrrr" Val growled allowed in annoynace as he followed after Midnight. Leaping over a brook, he slid next to her under a log as he let out an oof as his head smacked into the log; getting a huge bump on it. Shaking his head to get rid of any weariness, he wondered what exactly the creature was and why it was even chasing them??

Midnight continued to run through the jungle. She felt drops of rain fall as the starting point was in view. Midnight gasped as she came up to the starting point, where the table full of of supplies was a couple of days stood a giant golden horn shaped like a cone with a curved tail. Seeing more wolves jump out of the bushes Midnight galloped over to the horn and teleported onto it.

Midnight counted the wolves, "21, there's 21, each wolf is supposed to represent each one of the ponies who entered the games." Midnight said looking at the pack of wolves, "So, there's one pony left." Midnight said with a little bit of panic in her voice.

Midnight looked around for the pony. She turned her head to look at Val wanting to finish off what she was going to say but not knowing how to.

Val blinked as inside, he started to panic!! Here he was about to confess how he felt towards a certain attractive unicorn, and then these wolves show up!! And what did she say?? 21 wolves? But what did that mean exactly? 21 ponies were in the game to begin with so..so did that mean that 21 ponies had been taken out of the game? Maybe that ment that all the wolves here represtented a pony that had been eliminated and they were the only ones left? But how were they taken out?! Did they slaughter each other!??! "Calm down, Calm down" he urged himself softly as he did his best not to panic and therefore cause even more problems for the two of them. Eyeing Midnight, he opened his mouth as he spoke "What I was about to say was something of great detail, and very important, but I feel we'd best be in a safer part before I tell you...more romantic too" he whispered the last part.

Midnight blushed and smiled.

Suddenly Midnight felt herself being pulled back. She turned her head to see what had pulled her back and gasped to see a strong colt with a blonde mane.

'This is the last pony, then it's only me and Val left.' Midnight thought to herself,

She tried to buck at him but he then held up his hoof against her throat, making Midnight unable to escape. Midnight tried to buck at the pony again but it only made the pony hold his hoof up to her neck much closer making hard to breathe.

"Val...Run!" Midnight choked out,

Anger rose through Val's mind as he charged at the stallion who would dare harm his friend. Tackling him from behind in a neck hold'; Val forcibly removed the stallion from Midnight; making him let go. Turning him around, Val hoofed him hard across the jaw. Catching him, he brought him up and hoofed him again in the jaw. Catching him a final time, Val grabbed the cretin by his neck as he headbutted him twice!! Watching as the stallion fell to the ground, Val turned to help Midnight up when he felt the stallion grab Val by his hind left leg. WHirling around to face him, Val sneered "Dont give up do you"? As he whirled around and kicked him hard in the forehead; knocking him out.

Midnight fell onto the ground as the force of the colt's hoof vanished. She stood up and turned her head to the colt and Val. She gasped as she saw the fight. She stood there as Val gave the final blow to knock the colt out.

She smiled at him relieved he was okay. Suddenly a huge flying object, like the one that was in her dream, hovered above their heads. Two Pegasus Ponies flew down and lifted up the unconscious colt and then flew into the flying object and then in the blink of an eye they where gone.

Midnight turned to look at Val and grinned, they had won.

'Let the final battle begin!" Said a loud booming voice,

Midnight looked back up at Val who looked worried, Midnight smiled at him trying to reassure him that everything is going to be okay.

"Final battle? What final battle" Val demanded as he looked around radpily for any sign of danger!! Things were just getting weirder and weirder as time went on!! First ponies were getting picked off one at a time. Next, This final pony had shown up and attacked him and Midnight!! Now a final battle was about to begin between him, and..her?? Wait, he and Midnight were the last two ponies in the game!! Did he have to fight her?!?! BUCK THAT!!! He wasnt about to fight the pony he loved!! BOOM!! A loud eruption through him off balance as he stumbled off balance and too the ground. Pushing himself off the ground, he could see fear evident in his friends eyes as she was staring right past at him..something. Gulping, he slowly turned around and found himself looking at a wall of black. Realizing it was a leg,he slowly followed the leg up and found it going all the way up to what looked like an anthro pony that seemed to be a mixture of a unicorn and peagsus. An alicorn to be honest!! In one hoof, it held a deadly spear, in another; a powerful looking sword. Its pure white mane shinned brighter then the sun itself, tempoarlity blinding Val as he stepped back and was kicked hard into a tree!!

Midnight put her hoof up to shield her eyes from the bright light. She backed away from the creature into some bushes. She looked down at the bushes and saw that berries were growing on them. She picked some of the berries and examined them. Realizing what berries they where she teleported a saddle bag and carefully placed the berries into the bag.

She looked up at the monster. 'We won't be able to defeat that thing,' Midnight thought, 'But, they most probably sent that thing out to get their one winner and they need a winner...'

"This is crazy..." Midnight whispered to herself, she turned her head to Val who was still shielding his eyes away from the bright light. "I have an idea, but we need to get away from that thing," Midnight said looking for a clear space for her plan to take action,

Staring up in complete dismay at the monster, Valoren nodded as he responded "If you got some plan in mind on how to take this thing down, then by all means please share". Listening to how she said they had to get away, Val nodded in agreement "Agreed, I'll give you some time to get clear, and then I'll follow you". Grinning eagerly at the idea of being able to challenge himself against something so big and powerful, he flew up into the air. "Here we go" he shouted, before soaring straight at the monster. Ducking to avoid a powerful punch, Val maunevered over, under and dodgeing its powerful punches and stab attacks at him. Coming up, he than kicked it hard in the nose; smirking at the creature letting out a roar of pain; dropping its spear!! "YEAH!! THAT'S RIGHT!! YOU CANT HANDLE TH.....OH CELESTIA" He cried out in time as he was smacked out of the sky, landing in a heap. "Owww, that hurt" he groaned as he looked back to where Midnight had been. Seeing that she was off in the distance, he smiled in satifaction at being able to get her clear nad away from the creature. "And with that, away I go" grinned Val, taking off to catch up with Midnight.

As soon as the monster was distracted Midnight galloped off to a clearing. She stopped as she saw the monster was further away now. She smiled as as Val caught up with her.

Midnight took the berries out from her saddle bag, "I think they sent that thing out to get that one winner and like I said before, they need a winner."

"In the book the main character and the colt pretend to eat these berries, which are poisonous. I know it might seem crazy but... that's my plan, pretend to eat the berries so the gamemakers will let us out of here but it will work. Trust me." Midnight said looking up at Val,

"Can you give me a sec actually, I think i lost a tooth or two back thier" Val proclaimed, laughing weakly as he collapsed face first in front of Midnight. Forcing himselt to his feet, he rubbed his cheeks to try and get himself awake. Turns out trying to fight that freak hadnt been the smartest thing to do!! Then again, alot of the things he did wasnt exactly the smartest things he had ever done!! Now up and about, he asked "You want us to eat posionous berries? That sound abit sucidial. I mean, IM tough, but I dont think im tough enough to survive poison" he admited softly, wondering if what Midnight was saying was true. But when she looked at him, pleading with him to trust her; he nodded simply in return. "Yeah...okay" he nodded as he agreed to her plan, knowing whatever she had in mind; it was the right thing!!

Midnight helped Val up as he fell down.

"We wouldn't be eating them, we would just be simply showing the gamemakers we won't fight each other." Midnight said, she saw Val nod,

Midnight took out he berries, she raised them to her mouth, "Stop!" Said loud the voice from before, Midnight dropped the berries when she saw Val doing the same.

She sighed with relief that her plan worked, now all they needed to do was to get out of this jungle. Midnight turned to Val smiling with relief.

"HA!! You hear that chumps!! You cant make us kill each other!! To hay with your stupid rules" Val thought to himself cockily, tempted to shake his rear in mockery at the gamemakers just to add insult to injury. But that would be the equivliant of saying "Hit me" to a golem. Grinning at Midnight, he took her hoof as he responded "Alrighty, now we do things my way!! Like this" he smirked as he started to gallop into the jungle to locate an exit, jumping over logs, large boulders, a large gap that led to a hundred foot drop; that last one would have scared him if he couldnt fly. Basically, they were doing all the things that really should have killed them since ones luck can only last so long; yet they were passing death so many times that they may as well high five him everytime they do so!!

Midnight grinned as they galloped through the jungle, she only stopped for a second to teleport across the large gap but after she had made it across she continued galloping through the jungle with Val.

Suddenly the trees were replaced with rocks and Midnight and Val was faced on the edge of as cliff, Midnight could see more jungle across the cliff.. "Wait!" Midnight shouted to Val as he was about to try and fly across,

Without speaking Midnight picked up a rock on and threw it down the cliff, but instead of it falling to the bottom it bounced back up. Midnight grinned, she teleported the bow and arrows she had left in the trunk and shot the arrow to where the rock had bounced back.

Suddenly instead of more jungle across the cliff there was forest, Midnight pointed her hoof to the forest. "There's the exit." She said smiling triumphantly,