The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

To say that he was confused would probably be the biggest understatment of the frekaing century!! Wh..why was everything changing so radpily before them!??! Moments ago they were in the forest, and now the trees had been replaced!! Now they were above some sort of canyon that seemed to strecth on for miles and miles!! WAtching Midnight test the canyon, he was surprised when she shot her arrow down at the canyon. Looking back up at Midnight, he thought to himslef "She..she completly in control of the situation, and absoluetly knows what she is doing...wow thats really hot and attractive!! Even more so!! Like its adding onto her already.....ooh crap shes staring, say something smart"!! "JELLY DONUTS" he shouted suddenly, blushing furiously at having said something so stupid. "AHh, I mean lets make are way to the exit and get outta here eh" he chuckled weakly.

Midnight laughed, "That's the second time you have been in your own world." She teleported down into the forest then started walking deeper into the forest.

"We'll have to keep quiet here, the gamemakers are going to be pretty mad at us for ruining their games, and I think their going to be more mad at the speech you gave to them after we ruined their games." Midnight said, laughing at the memory of Val taunting the gamemakers,

Midnight looked around at the forest while walking, "You know, I'm happy to be out of that jungle." She said smiling up at the trees,

"Ahh, yeah I really need to watch out for that. I do have a tendancy go into my own little world when Im around a certain mare that can drive me wild" he chuckled. Realizing what he had just said aloud, he blushed "I mean..umm....what I meant to say was that err.." Chuckling weakly as he tried his best to change the subject, he commented "Yeah I do think that the gamemakers are gonna be pretty sore since I pretty much called em out, and made foals outta them". Running a hoof through his mane as he started to walk alongside Midnight, he smiled "Im glad to be out too. It feels like forever since we first entered this place and it feels like we're only gonna be here longer the more time goes by" he said weakly before he stared into her eyes again.

Midnight blushed, 'What did he say?' She shook her head telling herself she was hearing things,

Midnight nodded, "Yeah, but I know where we are going, as I said before while explaining the games there are 13 districts and we need to head to the Capitol if we are going to defeat the gamemakers, this is where the games are planned and the people who take part in the games are trained." Midnight said,

"Ahh I see how it is" Val nodded in agreement as he glanced at Midnight wiht a smirk. "At this District 13 what your saying is, the gamemakers who are sitting back, watching with glee as we kill eaceh other for thier own amusment as we play by thier rules, and their rules alone. So when we came along and wrecked their amusment, they have considered us a problem and want to get rid of us to get rid of any chances of further rebelleions eh? I have an idea actually about that". Coughing, he looked at Midnight seriously, as he responded "What do you say to us going to where they are hidding out and teach them what happens to those who find amusment in watching others suffer"?

Midnight nodded, "It went on for years, it was until the main character's little sister got entered into the Pony Games that something changed and they created the rebellion." Midnight said,

She looked up at Val, "Really?" Midnight asked, "Are you sure? Because these ponies, they're not like the ponies in the games, there are more of them and they're stronger..." Midnight said looking down at the floor,

"For years you say? Sounds like a long long time to be fighting it out for control, and victory" Val commented idealy as he looked out to where they had come from, glad to be away from the control of the game makers. Things werent going to get any easier, he wasnt gonna fool him, or her by lying. All they had to do now was go out towards where the game makers were, find them, and show them what for. Glancing at Midnight, he smiled "Oh dont worry, Im not gonna delude myself to say that im not worried. They most likely are very, very strong indeed" nodded Val before he smirked at Midnight. "However, they've never had to face off against us before so thiers a first time for everything. Like their ineveiable defeat"!!

Midnight looked up at Val and nodded. "Okay, but it won't be easy getting there." Midnight looked in her saddlebag and pulled out a book. She opened the book onto the first page showing a map. "This is aam map of where the Pony Games are set. Midnight pointed her hoof at the map, "If we have come out of the games then we are here," She said pointing her hoof to a patch of wilderness near some buildings. "And to get to the gamemakers we will have to go to here," She said pointing her hoof to a big a city like place called 'The Capitol"

"The Capitol? Really" Val remarked dryly with heavy sarcasm. Shaking his head in dismay, he grumbled "Oh yes, very very clever gamemakers. Thats really sutble. Why not just name the place "Here be evil bad guy leaders". Chuckling lighlty, he remarked "ALright, I want to get in their and make em pay as much as any pony would want to for being messed with; but at the same time I know charging blind is practically suicide. So what we have to do it this: We sneak into this Capitol, we find out where their hidding in it; we listen in on what thier plans on, search for some sort of weakness that they may have. Once we're holding all the cards, we strike and bang!! It'll be checkmate time" he smirked. Seeing her expression, he laughed weakly "Ah heh heh, that analogy was lost on both of us wasnt it? Well I tried to make it sound clever. But yeah, thats basically the plan" nodded Val.

Midnight smiled, "I think I got that," She said laughing, Midnight looked back at the map, "If we are going to sneak in we will just simply have to lay low and make our way to central part of the Capitol and break into the building where the leader of the gamemakers works and as you said, find out their plans and checkmate." She said shutting the book.

Midnight started walking again, "If we are going to make it to the Capitol then we better keep on walking, it will be wiser to travel during the day than by night, even though we are out of the games it doesn't mean that there aren't animals out here that even the gamemakers can't control."

"Oh i dont doubt that" Val grinned as he trotted up next to Midnight. Shrugging idealy, he remarked "OKay, when we sneak in I am kinda curious on how we're going to get in and take out the leader. I mean, he or she is most likely gonna be the most paraonid since...well how many ponies have escaped from the games"? Looking at Midnight, he siad "Im really wondering exactly what we're gonna have to deal with this". Blinking, he looked away as he said softly "I mean...I dont want to lose you to anything, and...and well...I...well..this isnt easy for me to say ahh". Blushing as he stumbled over his own words, he laughed "Celestia, listen to me stumbling over my words...I've...come to..grown...really..fond ahh..attracted towards..y..you".

Midnight continued walking with Val, "We'll have to sneak in somehow without raising an alarm, easier said than done though..." Midnight said "And I think us escaping the games is the least of their problems," She continued, "As soon as we escaped we showed everypony that the 'powerful' Capitol and it's gamemakers aren't as powerful as they think and that shows everypony that things can change, and the Pony Games can disappear forever, and as soon as a thought like that ignites all of the Districts starts thinking like that, and then they create a rebellion which hopefully the gamemakers won't be able to survive."

Midnight looked at Val, "Don't worry about me..." Midnight stopped walking at the last part of what he said blushing, "Wh-what did y-you say?" She asked him, blushing even more,

Nodding at what she said, as he quickly tried to change the subject, Val grinned "Heh, awesome!! So if we do this, then esentialy we're showing that the mighty gamemakers can be challenged and therefore overruled!! Thats great"!! Freezing as she brought up what he said, Val laughed weakly as he struggled with himself. "Cmon, you can go on highly dangerous adventures that tend to almost be too much for you, I think you can handle admitting how you really feel to a certain unicorn" he berated himself. Looking down, he then glanced up as he gave her a soft smile. "I think your a really beautiful unicorn, and...I really like you but..I think I like you alot more than...okay, I know I like you more than just a friend. I..just didnt admit it to you because..I was worried that..well..you wouldnt feel the same way about me. It sounds really dumb I know, I..I should have just been straightforward with you from the start and yet I held back what I felt out of fear. I...I love you Midnight". Getting those last three words out, he awaited her response.

Midnight blushed at what Val was saying while looking down at the ground. She looked up at him again when she heard the last three words.

Midnight sat down, "I-I have something to admit as well...Re-remember in the games before the wolf attacked a-and I was about to say something, well I was about to say the same t-thing," Midnight looked at the ground, "I-I love you. I also thought the same thing, I wanted to come out with it before, I couldn't bring myself to say it because I was scared, but the thing is, I'm not scared of saying it anymore, I love you Val." She said looking away from the ground back at him,

Smiling happily at this, Val couldnt help himself as he wrapped his hooves and wings around Midnight in a loving hug, grinning as he blurted out "Aww that makes me really happy!! I havent had a special pony in my life, and it feels really great to have that special somepony because it makes me feel so...oh I mean" Val blushed immideatly as he let go and let out a weak laugh from his actions, as he coughed softly in return. Getting down on one knee, he smiled as he tried to make himself appear romantic as a means to impress Midnight. "Ah Midnight, you are a..a very attractive, spirited unicorn!! From the time we have spent together, I have really enjoyed your great personaltiy, and your valuable knowledge. I come before you humble, and would ask you of this; will you do the honor of being my marefriend"?

Midnight blushed as she was hugged by Val but smiled happily knowing he felt the same way about her as she felt about him. "Same here. I've always had my nose stuck in a book to meet anypony special," She admitted, "But I always wanted to have a special somepony like the characters in my books."

Midnight watched as Val got onto his knee, she blushed again at what he was saying. Midnight blushed at his question, "Your M-marefriend?" Midnight asked looking down at the ground feeling even more shy now, she looked back at Val again and smiled, "Yes, of course I will." She said feeling more confident. She grinned at him and suddenly hugged him without thinking.

Blushing immensly at the hug, he closed his eyes as he gently nuzzled her cheek; his wings wrapping around Midnight as they gently hugged her close to his body. "MMmm, it feels great to hear you say those words to me" he nodded happily as he conitued to nuzzle her cheek softly. Realizing that they were still in the open, he gently pulled away as he spoke "As much as I would love to conitue this emotional moment, we're in the open where we can be attacked at any time by the badies. Last thing I want is to end up loseing the marefirend I had just gained so tell yah what; soon as we get out of this book, and beat the game masters, Ill take you out on a proper date!! Candles, moonlight; anything that you want" he assured her.

Midnight blushed as Val nuzzled her cheek. She smiled up at him as they pulled away and listened to him about worrying about her.

"Don't worry about me Val," She said while opening her book again to the map, and walking in the direction of the capitol with Val.

Midnight blushed, "That sounds amazing," She said while smiling, "You don't have to make a fuss over me though," She assured him while looking up at Val,

Trotting alongside her, overwhelmed with relief that he had gotten what he wanted to say off of his chest; he smirked at her "I insist. It wouldn't seem like a date if I didnt do something to show how much I cared about you, wouldnt it" he asked with a playful smirk. IT was wonderful that they were now marefriend and stallionfriend; but a part of him wondered how this would affect what he did for a living; adventuring. They were doing that right now yes, but what about when they returned to the real world? Would Val still be able to adventure? Would Midnight be able to come with him? She had a life thier, and it would be selfish to ask her to give it up!! It would be selish for both of them to request such a thing. This small part nagged at him, making him worry and yet he shook his head stubbornly. "Whatever happens, we'll get through it together" he inisted to himself.

Midnight continued to look at the map, she looked away from the map at Val and smiled, "Well, I can't wait to get out of this book then," She said blushing,

Midnight looked back at the book, "Getting into the Capitol shouldn't be too hard. I'm right then ponies should be in the Capitol rebelling which should keep the gamemakers busy while we sneak through the streets to the main part of the Capitol." Midnight grinned, "I wonder if we will see any of the characters from the books," She said while flicking through the pages,

Midnight looked up at Val again seeing him deep in thought, "Hey, you okay?" She asked him,

Blinking as Val looked up, he smiled weakly as he opened his mouth to say something. He thought for a moment about lying and not telling what he was concerned about; but lying would only dampen and bring their "relationship of five minutes" to a ruin. Sighing, he spoke "Im worried about what will happen to us when we get back to the real world. I want to stay with you, and yet Im concerned if our jobs/life goals will allow us to stay together? Your the first real pony I've fallen for and..and I dont wnat to have to leave you when we get back". Glancing at his hooves; he gulped "As an adventurer, I always travel and such and unless you were to come with me, I dont know how we would work this out. I want to work it out and make it work, please dont doubt that".

Midnight looked down at her hooves feeling stupid for not even thinking about what was going to happen after they got back into the real world.

Midnight was unsure what to say.Midnight thought about her life in Canterlot. She didn't have many friends, she always kept to herself most of the time. She would have a book in her saddle bag all the time so even when she went out she had quick read. Sometimes she would meet other ponies while she was not reading on one of those rare occasions and Val was the pony who she had the confidence to carry a conversation.

She looked up at Val hearing him say the last sentence, "Come with you?" She asked unsure if he was joking or not,

"Welll sure why not" smiled Val hopefully as he stopped trotting to stare at her. "Your very brave in the face of danger, and your a very good conversationalist. Thats cause you got to know me true, but that shows that you are able of branching and being more than you are..like..like you showed me that I can be more than I can". As she gave him a look of confusion, he glanced down blushing as he remarked "Ahh yes, you see..in the past whenver I mad friends in passing, I would see them once in awhile but wouldnt see them very often. Because of this, friendships with them were strained and therefore made diffuclt to maintain. But..but with you its different, I dont want to leave you and..and you can hold your own. You'd be experincing the adventures that you read about whenver you wanted".

Midnight looked down at the ground again blushing. Thinking about how her life could change into just living in simple Canterlot to living a adventure every day.

She looked up at Val, still thinking, she could live like the characters in her book everyday and stay with Val or just stay in Canterlot and go back to having her nose stuck in book.

She didn't know what to say. "So your asking me t-to come on adventures with you?" She asked blushing,

Nodding excitedly, he grinned "But it wouldnt be all about what I would want. Since a romantic relationship is also a partnership, we would always do what you want. So what's good for you, would also be good for me. Its true, it would be rough since we both like different things but we would make it work. Plus, you'd be living out the adventures of the characters you read about, and therefore would become even more awesome then you already are". Smiling lightly, he nodded "Heh heh, that is to say that your already pretty awesome since you know everything about this book, whilst im completly clueless and there..ahh...Ill stop rambling now. But yeah, thats what I mean; come with me";