The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

Midnight smiled up at Val as he nodded excitedly. She looked down at her hooves thinking about her answer.

"Why am I thinking about what to say?There is only one answer I could possibly give" Midnight thought to herself,

Midnight looked back up at Val, "Okay," Midnight said, "I'll come with you." She said now smiling up at him, "But one adventure at a time first." She said trotting beside him to continue their journey to the Capitol,

Overwhelmed with happines, Val through his arms around Midnight as he pulled her close into a hug, nuzzling her gently against him as he grinned happily!! "WOO HOO!! Thank you so much" Val laughed in happiness, as he conitued to hug himself against Midnight, overjoyed that he would have a partner to adventure with!! One of the things that he didnt like about his job, was doing it alone. Now that he wasnt gonna be alone, it was gonna be the greatest thing in the wo.. Realizing what he was doing, Val let out a weak laugh as he let go.

Midnight blushed as Val suddenly hugged her. She smiled up at him, "Thank me? Did you think I was going to say no." She said giggling,

Midnight looked up at the sky when Val let go and saw it was sunset. Midnight opened the book again and looked at the map, "I think it's better we travel in the day rather than in the night," She said, "I have no idea what could be out here so it would be safer just to camp out until morning just in case something jumps out at us while walking through the darkness," She continued to look at the map, "We should get to the Capitol any time tomorrow and that's where it gets difficult..."

Midnight sighed, "But getting back to the point, does that plan sound okay with you?" She asked looking away from the book to look up at Val,

NOdding immideatly, Val grinned in response "Yup, that plan of yours sounds great. TO be honest, I was thinking something along the lines of it being too dangerous for us to go and travel at night since I dont exactly know awhole lot about this world sooo..yeah, tommorow would be better".

(Sorry for shot post, abit brain dead)

Midnight nodded, "All I know is that anything can be hiding in the bushes to jump out at us," She said while looking around for a place to set up their camp for the night, "I just hope that there are not any more wolves out here like there was in the games,"

Midnight sighed, "I don't think we are going to find a hollow tree anywhere here so I think we are going to have to camp here, is that okay?" She said wondering how they were actualy going to find somewhere to catch some sleep.

(Its okay:) I know that feeling:P)

Getting up for a sec, he said "Would you excuse me for a moment, thanks". Turning away, he trotted over towards some of the trees as he stepped into a clearing. Glancing left and right for any sign of danger, he thought to himself "This is gonna be really dangerous. I really dont look forward to sleeping, and hanging around out in the open where we can be attacked by any and all. I just hope that their is a..okay duh!! Slapping himself across the side of his head, he trotted over towards some bushes before bending over. Grunting as he lifted as hard as he could, he removed some of the bushes from the ground; shaking them to get any bugs out as he thought "Its a makeshift..but it will have to do". Trotting back over toward Midnight, he cuddled up next to her at the base of the tree as he set up the bushes to hide them, covering all sides so they couldnt be spotted. "Whew, well..its not perfect, but its the best I could think up" he laughed weakly before kissing her cheek.

Midnight watched curiously as Val trotted towards some of the trees. She followed him into the clearing, and looked around. Wondering what he was doing she continued watching him to see what he was up to.

Midnight looked around the clearing as he lifted the bushes from the ground, the sun was beginning to set and it was getting darker, Midnight continued to look around the clearing for any signs of trouble. Seeing Val was done she trotted over to makeshift. She sat down and grinned, "This is brilliant, none of the creatures won't know we are here, leaving us one less problem to worry about," She said smiling,

Midnight took out her book and flicked through the pages reading her favorite parts of the story. She blushed as she sensed Val cuddle up next to her, she blushed a deeper shade of red when he kissed her cheek.

She looked up at Val not knowing what to say still blushing madly.

"Heh heh, do you know that it looks like your mane sparkles in the moonlight" Val asked with a gentle smirk, watching her blush deepen. Sitting next to her as he looked out of their makeshift hide-a-way, he chuckled. Sighing, he looked up as he breathed in the night air. "Its a beautiful sight at night, isnit it. Makes me almost completly forget that we're fighting for our lives, and trying to avoid being captured by a bunch of jerks"., Looking back at her, he said "Sooo, how about we share some more stuff about us, like what we did before we even came here? Like anything that we dont know about each other"?

Midnight blushed, "I love the night sky, I always look up at the stars while reading, it helps me imagine I'm in the book with the characters having adventures with them," She said, "It's always nice to take a break from running away from the gamemakers," She said looking back at him,

Midnight looked down at the ground, "There's not much more about me, I've lived in Canterlot all my life, I've read books nearly all my life meaning I don't really know a lot of ponies because I always have my head stuck in a book. The closest place out of Canterlot I have gone is in a book," She said still looking at the ground,

"What about you!,? Any adventures you haven't told me about?" She asked smiling up at him,

"Ahhh, well that certaintly is something we both have in common. We both enjoy the night air, and the beauty that it provides for us; specially when it makes you more beautiful than before" grinned Val. Blinking, he spoke "Well lemme think for a moment, their was this one time when I had to retrieve a water emblem from underneath a lake outside of Canterlot. I had heard rumors about their being a type of pony that could breathe, and swim underwater. So, I wanted to see if such a being really exsicted in the process". Sighing, he spoke "Turns out they did exisct, and they were rather suspicious of me at first since they didnt know what my intnetions were. However, they agreed to help me if it invovled kicking out a monster that was giving them trouble. So, whats what I did; I helped them get rid of an aquatic amboea whilst geting the crystal in the process".

Midnight blushed she looked back up at the sky to hide it.

She looked back up at Val, "Ponies that can breathe and swim underwater? I have only read about them in books and I thought they were just a rumor," She said,

Midnight smiled as Val continued his story, she grinned, "Your adventures are just like the books I read," She said smiling up at him,

"I know, they sound like complete myth dont they. But its true, sea ponies that could swim, breathe and talk underwater" Val smiled lightly as he placed a hoof to say his chin thoughtfully. "Well, once we get out of this book, we'll be experciing more and more adventures just like the ones you wanted" grinned Val cheerfully, as he chuckled "Its gonna be so awesome"!!

Midnight smiled, "Iv'e always wanted to go on adventures, ever since I read the Daring Do books I dreamed about leaving Canterlot and seeing what amazing places Equestria holds," She said blushing,

"And hopefully there will be less ponies chasing us," She said,

Midnight looked back up at Val, "I can't wait to get out of this book to see what adventures await us then," She said grinning,

"Same here, Same here" Valoren grinned lightly in response as he sniffed the air. It suddenly smelt..different. More thicker as if..something powerful had gotten into the air. Hmmm, it smelled like it was something burning and yet..their was no smoke, no sign of anything burning. Maybe it was just the change in the air, like the gamemakers were changing the rules in an attmepth to get rid of them!! Guling at the thought of it, he thought to himself "Pfft, nah its no bigge. They cant do anything against us. Not when we have each other". Comforted at this thought, he slowly closed his eyes to sleep; snuggled close next to Midnight.

Seeing Val close his eyes to go to sleep Midnight did the same feeling safe as she snuggled next to him. Midnight opened her eyes again sniffing the air. She looked around, looking for any sign of smoke but found nothing. She stood up carefully trying not disturb Val. Midnight continued to sniff the air as she looked around for any sign of burning but yet again found nothing.

Midnight returned to her book flicking through the pages to see if anything like this happened to the characters. She came across a chapter where a strange sort of gas turned the air into fog and then released some monsters into the jungle making it impossible to see and to get away from the monsters but this was something different. Midnight put the book away and sat down next to Val keeping her eyes opened for any signs of trouble and ready to run away from there hide-a-way with Val if the time comes.

Sitting up the next morning, Val yawned heavily as he scracthed the back of his head tireldy. Man, he had some rough nights before; but he had never felt so uncomftertable before when it came to trying to get some sleep. He musta slept on the wrong side or something. Looking around sleepily, he glanced at Midnight and was tempted to snuggle closer to her in response at the sight of her sleeping soundly next to him. Strecthing, he then noticed for the first time the heavy fog that had rolled in from last night; probably from whatever had been burning up in the air. Blinking several times at the sight of it, Val got up more alert as he looked left and right, trying to see through the fog and yet was having a difficult time doing so. "Hmmmm" Val grumbled to himself, as he wondered where everything had gone. Glancing down at Midnight, he whispered "Hey Midnight, time to get up. I think something happened last night whilst we were asleep".

Midnight continued to look into the darkness, sniffing the air every so often. As time went on her eyes were beginning to feel heavier and she suddenly found her self closing her eyes and snuggling next to Val and falling asleep.

Midnight opened her eyes and saw the fog. She stood up turning her head in every direction trying to find some escape from the fog. She began to walk foward. The bushes that were hiding Val and her came into view. Midnight sighed and went back to were Val was standing.

"I think I know what the gamemakers are up to," Midnight sighed, "It happend in the book, they placed a a type of gas in the area which turns into fog, then they release monsers like they did in the games and I know it sounds impossble but we need to get away from the area in which the fog is in and get away from the monsters,"

Midnight put her head in her hooves, "Why did I fall asleep?! We could be far away from this mess if I didn't fall asleep!" She said to herself,

Val gasped as he stated "Say what"? He was surprised that the gamemakers would stoop to such levels just to insure them dead. They must really have not wanted them to escape!! One would say that he should feel honored at being the center of attention in such a manner. All he really felt was powerful annoyance at all the crud that was happneing to him right now. "Sooo their are monsters in the fog now huh? Well then we'd best be careful if we dont wanna die or nothing" Val stated simply as he helped to her hoooves, as he tried to think over what sort of plan that they should have. Maybe if they used Midnights horn as a light, they could guide their way out of the fog and towards saftety. But if they did that, it would be the equivlant of a beacon for the enemies to find. Seeing Midnight so upset, he quickly got next to her to console her. "Hey hey, cmon dont be sad. Its not your fault. This is the gamemakers fault, and we both needed sleep for the night. Besides, we'll get out of this" he nodded assuredly.

Midnight nodded, she looked around trying to think of a way to get out of this mess. She looked up at the sky getting an idea.

"I think I have an idea, what if...you fly up and look around for a area which isn't completely covered in fog, therefore we can find a way out without getting killed and you can fly above the fog every so often to see if we are going the right way or if there are any monsters about? Is that okay?" She asked not sure if this was even going to work,

Midnight opened her book and turned to the page where the characters were in the same situation, "There are no creatures that can fly so you'll be safer up there than down here so you don't need to worry about that," She said looking back up at him wondering if he agreed to the plan,

Val blinked as he looked at Midnight for this idea, as he nodded "Well yes, that idea would go really but what about you? You'd be all alone and...well not that IM saying you need protection or that your helpless. NU..not that I was thinking or implying that your weark or nothing but..I..ha..oh dear" he laughed weakly as he ran a hoof through his mane weakly as he looked away trying to keep himself from going nuts and embarrassing himself". Shutting himself up, he spoke "Ahh, your right. Ill just go up thier every so often to locate a way out of here and therefore keep us from getting further lost". Slowly flying up into the air, he mentally kicked himself for making a complete idiot outta himself.

Midnight smiled as Val tripped over his words, "I'll be fine don't worry," She said as she teleported the bow and arrows she got from the games, "I'll have this with me at all times and if anything come I'll run," She said assuring him,

She smiled as he agreed to the plan, she watched him fly up. She waited for a couple of minutes for him to get out of the cloud, "Do you see anything?" She asked him,

Midnight began to gallop in the direction Val told her to go, she stopped as she heard something in the fog, she began to trot forwards looking around more carefully now.

Nodding in thanks towards Midnight for being understanding, Val took off into the skies; eager to get some air and bearate himself for acting like a foal in front of Midnight. Placing a hoof to his head, he slapped himself several times in exhasperation. "Stupid, stupid..why did you have to go and make a foal outta yourself": he scolded annnoyed. Looking up, he kept his eyes peeled for any sign of trouble as he thought least thing you can do is keep an eye out and try and not to...helllooo, whats that" he thought to himself in surprise as he could see something fly though the fog before vanishing just as quickly. "Flying back down to Midnight, he spoke "Theirs something flying up thier, I cant see it clearly though".

• Like 1

Midnight looked around the fog, she smiled as Val flew down to her feeling more safer.

"There's something down here too...I think it's better we stick together now, we should be getting nearer to the exit..." She said trotting forwards keeping close to Val,

Midnight continued to look everywhere she suddenly saw a shadow move in the fog. She stopped trying to get a closer look at the shadow.

Staying next to Midnight, Val kept his ears close to the ground as he tried his best to determine where any possible threat could come at him, in hopes that he could easier locate anypony that was nearby, and looking to threaten him and his marefriend. Sniffing the air that was burning with what he suspected to be fire, it was strange because he couldnt see any fire. No smoke, no sound of crackling heat; nothing!! Blinking, he watched as suddenly an ear pierce siern sounded in the air as if..they were under attack!! "What the..hay" Val gawked as hte ground slowly started to..evaporate as the world suddenly got much darker, like an eclipse was blocking the sunlight!! Pieces of the ground flew into the air, replaced by..some sort of chainlink fence used as the ground under their hooves as the trees became rotten and decayed.