The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

Midnight sniffed the air, it was the same thing she had smelled last night, like it was burning. She looked around for anything that could be burning but found nothing.

Midnight covered her ears to try to shelid them from the siren. She saw everything decaying and the ground being replaced. She and Val started to gallop forward but stopped when they saw a group of ponies coming towards them. She looked around and saw that a lot of ponies were coming out of the fog.

"Any ideas?" She asked Val in cheerful tone trying to keep the mood normal,

Val looked around in shock, his mind quickly trying to process what was happening around the two of them.,was this really happneing??!! It couldnt be!! Why was the entire world starting to look like some twisted, alternate realtiy version of the book!! Blinking as some ponies started to emerge, Val started to put up his hooves in an attempth to defend himself, but halted at the sight of the ponies. They didnt look dead..they looked destroyed!! Like zombified, hellish versions of themselves as patches of fur were missing, exposing thier crude bones, body parts were gone and they looked seriously scary!! "W..what in the world" Val gawked as they started to slowly surround the two of them. Looking left and right for a way out, Val looked back at Midnight as he said "We run for it, thats what we..we...go over here" he insisted as he gently took her hoof and started to take off running past the monsters!!!

Midnight stared at the ponies in horror. She felt frozen in fear, as Val took her hoof she began to run away from the zombie ponies with him.

As they ran though the forest the ground began to re-appear again. Midnight screamed as a zombie pony suddenly just popped up from the ground near her. They galloped through the forest faster as more zombie ponies appeard.

Midnight thought they would continue to gallop through the forest forever but she gasped as she saw tall buildings in the distance that shined in the sun.

The entire forrest had become a nightmare, and they were seirously in trouble now!! With all the constant running for thier lives, it was a wonder that he would ever get a chance to sit down and actually have a casual...gah. Any further thoughts that he had were quickly cut off as a zombie pony tackled him from behind, trying to force him to his knees as he glanced back in horror at the sight of the undead pony. Struggling for freedom, he started to flap his wings rapidly as he slammed his back into a tree trunk; injurying the mosnter as he forced it to let go of him. "Keep running for that building" Val called to Midnight as he flew to catch up with her.

Midnight continued running she turned around and saw Val slamming the zombie pony into the tree. She did as he said and galloped to the building. Now closer she could see that it was standing alone, no other building were in sight meaning they had still not reached the Capitol. Seeing the zombie Ponies coming after her she galloped into the building and closed slammed the door shut with her magic when Val caught up with her.

She sat down with her back against the wall gasping for breath. She sighed while looking around the building, it was compleatly empty except some stairs at the other side of the room which looked like it lead to the roof. Curious, Midnight went up the stairs to the roof.

She looked down from the roof and saw that Zombie Ponies were coming from every direction but you could see the tops of some more buildings in distance beyond the forest. Midnight sighed, "That's the Capitol," She said while pointing her hoof towards the buildings, "But it seems like they're not going to go away for awhile," She said turning around to look at Val while thinking of a way to get out of their new mess,

Val growled, as he kicked and struggled against the zombie pony for freedom; not wanting to be held back by anything and anypony. Flying up into the air, he flapped his wings rapily as fast as he could in order to get one off of him, as he then dive bombed down and managed to throw the creep off of his back. Pumping his hoof into the air in victory, he realized how close they were too the town and therefore nearby for help. Nodding in relief towards this, he flew as fast as he could towards where Midnight had gone towards. WAtching as she threw open a door, he soared in as soon as she opened it, sighing in relief as it was closed and he collapaed; sliding agianst the floor hard. "Need a breather for a moment" he managed to get out; clearly tired from fighting with zombie ponies. Glancing up at Midnight, he smiled weaily "Sorry, I shouldnt be like this since it seems like that Im used to doing this sort of stuff; but in all honesty Ive never really fought any zombie ponies before soooo..yeah" he said weakly. Glancing out the window at the Capitol, he nodded "Hmmm, seems so far away and yet so close...well, plan i had would be to stick to the rooftops so we can avoid the mane hoard of the monsters" offered Val, as he sat up.

Midnight smiled, "I think anypony would be acting this way, I thought zombie pones didn't even exist before today," She said,

Midnight nodded in agreement, "It doesn't seem like they're going to leave any time soon," She said while looking out of the window, "It looks like there are other buildings close to this one," She said pointing her hoof towards the trees where you could see a building hiding away in the trees,

Midnight turned her head to the stairs she could hear the door being hit, 'Oh great, that's what we don't need, the zombie ponies being smart enough to break the door down and get into the building.' She thought. Midnight heard the door swing open. Midnight she ran up the stairs with Val to the roof, she could now clearly see the other building's roof. "Go to the other building!" She said to him as she saw the zombie ponies gallop up the stairs. As she saw Val fly off she teleported to the other roof.

Val smiled lightly in response to her claims about how she didnt think zombie ponies had even exsicted until today. Sitting up, he quipped "Well, I guess yah learn something new everyday right? Too bad, we couldnt learn about something that wasnt trying to kill us" he chuckled lightly, as he tried to add some humor into the situation. Glancing out the window, he shivered at the sight of the zombies all bunching up towards one another in the streets, ramming themselves feebly against the doors as they moaned for the flesh of the living. "Huh, its almost sad to see them in this state" grumbled Val lightly, as he couldnt help but feel sorry since awhile ago these ponies were alive, with lives, friends and family. Yet he knew he couldnt bear any sympathy towards them since whatever was allowing them to walk around like this, was just useing thier bodies as shells. Hearing the door break down, he jumped up as Midnight teleported to the next building. Feeling the adrenaline going, he spread his wings as he rammed through the window; soaring towards the next rooftop!!

Midnight turned her head at Val and nodded, "Once upon a time they must of been normal ponies," Midnight looked out the window, "There could be ponies out there who still love them," She said looking back at the zombie ponies sadly,

Midnight looked around the rooftop fro any zombie ponies when she teleported, as soon as she was sure there were no zombie ponies around she teleported to the next rooftop.

Midnight landed on the next rooftop and regretted doing so in the next couple of seconds. Her eyes were open with horror as she saw a group of zombie burst through the exit door and begin to force her into a corner.

Landing next to Midnight, Val went into a roll as he staggered to stop. The adrenaline from everything that was happneing had really gotten to him since he couldnt really slow down so good. Stopping next to Midnight, he was about to say something but was rudely interupted as suddenly the door was busted down. Whirling around to face the door, he was surprised as a slew of zombie ponies suddenly came out of nowhere; snarling and growling furiously towards them. "Well, looks like we have some trouble coming our way. Oh my, I am so afaird" Val snickered in sarcasm as he glanced over at Midnight with a grin. Since he was still on an adreanline rush, he charged into the crowd of zombie ponies eagerly; as he started to punch, hoof, and kick at anything that got in his way!!

Midnight stared at Val as he rolled to a stop. She watched in shock as he suddenly jumped up.

Seeing Val grin at her she grinned back running into the crowd of zombies, seeing Val take out all of the zombies in the front Midnight started blasting away the zombies coming towards them from the back with her magic.

Midnight sighed happily after looking back to see all the zombie ponies were deafeated. She ran down the stairs with Val and looked around as they headed outside. Midnight pointed her hoof to the Capitol which was much closer now, they began to gallop towards the city.

Watching as Midnight started to blast, and shoot away at the monsters that were all over the place; he laughed out "Yeah see that zombies ponies!! Thats Midnight!! Shes's gonna kick your teeth in" praised Val. As the two of them found an opening and went for it; Val galloped alongside Midnight as the two of them galloped down towards the bottom of the building. As they reached the streets, Val's eyes bulged in shock at the sight of the many thousands upon thousands of ponies blocking their path, keeping them from having a clear shot straight towards the Capitol building. Glancing at Midnight, he informed "Well, from the looks of it' we'll have to get past all these ponies..problem is that we'lll be exhausted by the time we get over to the Capitol soo..we need a plan to get past them".

Midnight grinned as she blasted the zombie ponies away. She galloped down the stairs with Val.

Midnight gasped as she saw all the ponies in their path. She looked up at Val, "There is no way we can fight through them, so we are going to have to go around them," Midnight looked around, everywhere was heavily guarded.

"We could use the rooftops again but they might see us, there will most probally be gurads hiding away in the trees and the characters in the books used the sewers to pass the guards but there were monsters hiding away in there..."She said. Midnight put her head in her hooves trying to think but she couldn't think of any other ways.

Val cringed as he put an irrattaed hoof to his head in frustration as he tried to come up with a solution to thier problem. "Oh this isnt good, this isnt good at all" Val growled as he glanced left and right for a way for them to get past the crowd of zombies. "Ahh, why dont we err..umm..." Val grunted, as he tried to think. Getting an idea, he muttered "Wait, i think i got something but umm..it might be abit rough". Glancing at Midnight, he remarked "I can carry us whislt we fly over them, whilst you keep my wings strong through magic..its about...two hundred yards so that would be about...i dunno..five mintues at the speed I travel at. Do you think you could keep useing your magic for that long" questioned Val hopfuly, as his plan was just a one in a million shot.

Midnight looked up at Val, "Fly over?" She asked, "Are you sure? I can find another way around the zombies," She said,

Midnight heard him ask the question and nodded, "I should be able to keep my magic going for five minutes but will you be able to carry me while flying? Even with my magic it won't be easy for you, like I said, I can find another way around..."

Val blinked as he tried to think up a response. True, what he had just come up with was nothing more then a shot in the dark and in all honesty; he'd rather take his chances with a sure idea then with something that could either fail or win. Glaring at the zombies, he tried to think up another idea on the spot to try and get them through this. "Hmmm, maybe if you charge my body with magic; i'll fly so fast and charge at them. Then, Ill end up cutting my way through the zombies; making a clear path for you to follow through as the zombies will need a moment to respond to what had just happened". That was also a shot in the dark, as he berated himself. "I should be better at this" he grumbled as he asked "Whats your idea"?

Midnight turned her head to look at the zombie ponies and looked back at Val when she heard what he said, "I'm the one who should be good at this, I've read the book so many times I should easily know what to do," She said looking down at the ground,

Midnight looked back at the zombie ponies, "It looks like the only way to get past them is too go through them. If we run into the crowd together then we will have a better chance to get out. If we keep the zombies away from us that will give us another chance to get out strong enough to continue into the Capitol," She said, "It's a long shot but we survived the zombies on the roof so we should be able to make it through this," She said looking up at Val,

"Do you think that will work?"She asked hopefuly,

Becoming silent for a moment, Val bit the bottom of his lip as he tried to process how they were going to do this. Simply just run through the middle of them? It seemed like the most obvious choice yes; but at the same time it was the most dangerous one. Heck, anything could happen to them out in the middle. They could get bitten. They could get sepearted. The two of them could get swamped by enemies. A million things could go wrong, and quiet honestly; he really wasnt looking to wanting to eat any ponies brains if he got bitten. Glancing at Midnight wiht obvious sadness in his eyes, he reached over; pulling her into a gentle hug as he spoke "What were about to do is probably the most dangerous things we've done so far. Running into the middle of them, anything could happen. You know that right"? Pulling away, he smiled "But were not gonna let the fear of "What if's stop us right"?"

Midnight smiled up at to try to reassure Val as he looked at her sadly. She blushed as he hugged her, "Ever since we stepped into this book we have been in danger and each time something stepped in our path we got out of it," She smiled up at him as they pulled out of their hug, "If we make sure we stick together we will get through this."

Midnight nodded in agreement to never being afraid of, 'What ifs'. Midnight turned her head to the zombie ponies, "Are you ready to go in?" She asked looking at Val,

Glowering at the capitol building, Val glowered with contempt as he grumbled to himself "You jerks". They sat up high in mighty in thier little rooms, watching as ponies died left and right for thier amusment in hopes of getting a cheap laugh outta of thier miseary. It made him so mad!! Stomping his hoof, he snorted as his eyes went into tiny slits of anger. SLowly looking at Midnight, he offered her a small smile. Being pulled into a hug, he smiled "Mmm, we'll be okay. Your right". Pulling away, Val turned as he glowered "Well now..lets do this".

Midnight heard Val and understood how he felt. So many ponies have lost their lives as the Capitol just sit there and watch them suffer.

She smiled up at Val to comfort him,"They won't be sitting there for much longer,"

She said determined to get to the Capitol, She smiled again as he said he was ready, Midnight turned around to face the group of zombie ponies.

She nodded at Val to show that she was ready and galloped into the big group with him. She began to blast away the zombie ponies. After a while she wondered how far to go until they would find an exit.

Charging through the crowd of zombies as fast as he could, Val hoofed and kicked as best as he could, shoving aside any zombie that dared to get in his way. To say that he was mad would be an understatment. He wanted to take out these gamemakers, and get out of this world so that way he could enjoy his new life with Midnight. The only thing getting in his way right now, we're the gamemakers!! Kicking aside the corpses of zombie ponies, he gasped when suddenly one of them clung to him; opening its jaw in a threantening low moan. Gasping at this, Val headbutted the zombie pony before another one grab him!! Soon, more and more started to pile ontop of him in an attempht to drown him in a sea of bodies!! No way!! NO WAY WAS HE GOING OUT LIKE THIS!! "Get offa me, you hear?!?! Get offa me" shouted the adventurer.

Midnight blasted away the zombie ponies as they galloped through the group. She tried to dodge a zombie pony who was about to charge at her and missed making the zombie pony jump on to her back. "Get, Off!" She said as she tried to buck the zombie pony off,

Suddenly the zombie pony went flying into the distance as Midnight bucked it off and blasted it away. She was about to gallop off but turned around and found out Val wasn't there.

She galloped back to where she was a couple of minutes ago and found a pile of zombie ponies, she began to blast away the ponies and found Val at the bottom. She galloped over to him and helped him up.

"Are you okay?" She asked while helping him up,

As Val started to get buried alive by the rotting corpses of zombies, he could have sworn for a moment that his life started to flash before his very eyes!! He had gone through countless dunegons in search of treasure. He had sought wonderous prizes at the end of these trips. He had fought in many great battles either for the thrill of it, or because his life was in danger. But the thought that this was how it would all end for the adventurer was too much for him. The world started to get darker and darker, the piling bodies making it more and more difficult to see anything at all. It was maddening!! His mouth became dry from the sudden chill of fear rushing down his spine; eyes whirling radpily in all directions for an escape of some kind. No, this couldnt be how it ended for him!! HE REFUSED FOR IT TO END IN SUCH A WAY!! Punching, and kicking for his freedom; he found an awaiting hoof reaching out for him!! Huffing, he grapsed this hoof as he was pulled out of pile of ponies by his marefriend. Smiling at her question, he hugged her before giving her a swift peck on the cheek. "I am now!! Lets get going" he whispered to her gratefully.

Midnight hugged Val back happy he was safe. She blushed as he kissed her cheek and smiled has he said he was okay.

She began to gallop off again with him into the crowd of zombie ponies, she gasped as she saw the sight of them, there seemed to be even more zombie ponies than before.

She began to blast away the zombies and sighed, "How many more do you think there are" She asked Val while turning around to look at him,