[Cloudsdale] Missing in Action [Closed]

CrimsonNova

(OOC: First time trying out Fleetfoot, yay! Anyone wanna be her friend? :) )

Fleetfoot had an appearence to make. She was due in Ponyville for an appearance by herself; her coach had thought getting out in public would be good for her. However, she was tired out from training, so the young Wonderbolt was resting in a fluffy cloud-bed right outside her cloud-mansion in Cloudsdale.

She sighed and rolled over, trying to block the buzz of pony-chatter from underneath and around the clouds. She groaned and plugged her ears with cloud, and smiled contentedly. Fleetfoot knew that Spitfire would be mad when she learned that she had failed to turn up to her signing, but she would worry about that later.

She wasn't in the mood for a meet-and-greet today, especially since the ponies of Ponyville always seemed a little bit over-excited. Personally, she just wanted to spend her day with one or two friendly ponies who wouldn't scream their manes off when she entered the vicinity.

Fleetfoot was shyer than most ponies thought. Despite 'living the dream' as a Wonderbolt, Fleetfoot hated the attention, and especially hated seeing her face on the posters. She didn't have time for friends, due to the fact she had to train most of the time, but right now, she thought, she could really use someone she could just.. talk to.

She stuck her nose into the fluffy cloud and closed her eyes, oblivious to her surroundings.

Pixie Parcel was delivering letters as she had always done. The mare adored her job and wouldn't change it for the world. But some ponies liked making it hard. However, she always thought of the positives. 'Ponies do get excited when they recieve letters from their friends and when parcels are involved they're even happier!' She reminded her self as she reached the dreaded cloud house where the prank loving colts lived. The mare shuddered upon her approach. But she couldn't skip the address. Pixie flew closer to the door.

Suddenly it started to rain on her. She could hear childish giggling, but couldn't see anypony. The mare sighed. Despite the fact that they were illusive, they still managed to be noticed. She knew she wouldn't ever catch the little rascal. He was always too quick for her. The rain was flattening down her mane and tail so that they hung below her. Pixie posted the letters and recieved an electric shock from bolt of lightning. Her mane and tail looked burned. Both stood on end as though she had seen a ghost. Her job was done and so she flew away from that single storm cloud, while mentally cursing that evasive colt who always pulled pranks on her.

The mare flew away. Her round was finished. She merely had to check out at the postal depot and then she would be free for the rest of the day. Pixie was glad about that. She wanted to relax. Work was getting quite stressful. However, the mare did not complain. She had gotten used to the dreaded house. But the pranks kept on changing so that she could never predict what would happen next. That annoyed her, but she let go her frustration. He was only a colt after all.

Fleetfoot awoke a little while later from a particularly good dream about the day she got her cutie mark. She sighed as the foalish giggling made it's way through her fluffy earmuffs, and she pulled it out, rising into the air as she did so. So much for a peaceful nap.

As she rose from her cloud, she collided with another pegasus, and she grimaced as she realised she had knocked out the contents of other pegasus' bag. Letters floated down and Fleetfoot whizzed around in record time, collecting them all - being a super speedy Wonderbolt came in handy sometimes. She grinned apologetically to the frazzled mail-mare, but her smile faded when she noticed the mare's burned tail and mane, and the look of upset on her face.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about that! I should really pay attention to where I'm flying!" she said, in her usual shy-yet-bubbly tones. "Uh, are you okay? You like kinda angry."

She was honestly concerned about the mare, considering her hair was smoking, and her pelt looked singed.

Pixie Parcel was taken by suprise when another pegasus collided with her. But this young pegasus was kind and was quick to help such gloomy looking mare. In fact, the pegasus was so fast, that with one blink of an eye, she had already picked up all of the contents. But what suprised Pixie even more was how much she cared.

"Uh, are you okay? You like kinda angry."

It was the first time any pony took the time to ask her if she was okay. The young mare usually was ignored because everypony knew that she'd just been pranked and accepted it as the normal thing to see. It was just one of those thinks that Pixie had to deal with. A prankster was just a prankster after all.

"It was just a colt pulling a prank on me... This time it was a storm cloud charged with lightning... I'm okay with it though. Being pranked is something all postal workers just deal with." Pixie replied with honesty in her tone. It was clear that she was used to such awful treatment from fillies and colts.

Fleetfoot was relieved to see that this mare clearly didn't realise she was a Wonderbolt. Although, come to think of it, nopony recognized her unless she had her uniform and goggles on. She wasn't technically seen much outside of training, so she reckoned she shouldn't have been surprised.

"It was just a colt pulling a prank on me... This time it was a stormcloud charged with lightning... I'm okay with it though.Being pranked is something all postal workers just deal with."

Fleetfoot was taken aback, and stamped her hoof on the cloud she had landed on after retrieving the letters. She punched a hole in the cloud, although she wasn't paying much attention. Postal workers shouldn't be treated that way! This wasn't fair!

"Pranks? That's not very nice! Was it that pesky colt from over there?" Fleetfoot asked, tilting her head back in the direction of the infamous prankster colt's cloud-house. "He annoys pretty much everypony around Cloudsdale, but still, if what you say is true, then it sounds like it's not just him. Don't you ever get annoyed?"

Fleetfoot frowned, tapping her chin. Discreetly glancing over the cloud, she saw a confused group of ponies back down on the ground. Eesh, they really expected her to turn up. "I'm supposed to be at a meet-and-gree - I mean, somewhere, but I don't wanna go. I can help you with your round if you need company. Though it looks like you're almost finished."

Fleetfoot was curious to hear just how many pranks this young mare had to be victim to.

"Pranks? That's not very nice! Was it that pesky colt from over there?"

It seemed as though, that colt was well known to prank everypony. But The mare hadn't seen him prank anypony else. Then again, the only time she ever passed his house was when she had to deliver some letters. Never the less, he was just a colt and still had some growing up to do.

"He annoys pretty much everypony around Cloudsdale, but still, if what you say is true, then it sounds like it's not just him. Don't you ever get annoyed?"

Annoyed... Of course Pixie was annoyed by him. But she didn't even know what he looked like. He was so well hidden. She had only seen what had already hit her and knew it was him. Still, she couldn't punish somepony else's child. It was wrong. She put up with it because she had to. Pixie also couldn't hold a grudge and so she just let her anger disappear. It was the same thing every time. She felt angry at first, but then it went away as the day went on.

"I'm supposed to be at a meet-and-gree - I mean, somewhere, but I don't wanna go. I can help you with your round if you need company. Though it looks like you're almost finished."

It was true that she was nearly done with her round. But this pegasus interested her. She seemed to care about the treatment of postal workers. Pixie respected that about her.

"Well your welcome to join me... And I don't hold grudges, so I let my anger leave me." Pixie replied.

"Well you're welcome to join me... And I don't hold grudges, so I let my anger leave me."

Fleetfoot flapped her wings and joined the mail-mare in the air, smiling warmly. She let the mare lead the way, and she hummed contentedly as they flew. Wow, it was quite nice to fly slowly for once. Fleetfoot couldn't help swooping and doing little tricks whenever the mare wasn't paying attention. She tried to bite her lip and not giggle. She never realised flying slow could be this relaxing!

"Oh! I just realised, I never asked your name, how silly of me." Fleetfoot flapped her wings and flew up so that she was on nose-level with her companion.

"Also, you say you don't hold grudges, which I can respect. I know we all sacrifice something for our jobs, but it's still completely unfair that you get treated that way. Postal workers are helpful ponies! They should be respected by everypony!"