In The Love Nest... [CrimsonNova & PonyHooves]

"I'm fine... I've ran in fear on several occasions for several hours straight and I was tired then. I'll manage." Whisperpaw told Seaspray. He nuzzled her softly before kissing her tenderly on the nose. He looked at her with his gentle eyes and with a soft smile on his face. Whisperpaw loved Seaspray dearly and he'd do anything for her. He also deeply cared for his cousin. He didn't mind working his self to exhaustion just to bring his sweet little cousin back home.

"You may be the most soppy stallion, Whisperpaw, but your the most forgiving cousin and the kindest one at that." Midnight Sun replied. She was relieved that Whisperpaw wasn't too bothered about being attacked with flying books. It made her feel as though it was merely an accident; one that she could easily put behind her. The foal began to smile a rather peaceful and relaxed smile.

Whisperpaw lifted his cousin onto his back. He was determined to carry her home. He wanted to get her back to her room where she could be comfortable. But his limbs were still aching from the walk and he was so very tired. Despite how much he'd rather put Midnight Sun down, Whisperpaw forced his self to bear the weight on his exhausted body. He took two steps forward and began to buckle at the knees.

"Whisperpaw... Stop! Your too tired. Don't do this... I remember all of the stories about you doing stuff like this. Just don't!" Midnight Sun began to plead with the stallion. Suddenly, she felt him drop from beneath her. Midnight Sun slipped her body off Whisperpaw's back. She looked at her cousin and then up to Seaspray. "Auntie Seaspray... What do we do now?"

"I'm fine... I've ran in fear on several occasions for several hours straight and I was tired then. I'll manage." Whisperpaw told Seaspray. He nuzzled her softly before kissing her tenderly on the nose. He looked at her with his gentle eyes and with a soft smile on his face. Whisperpaw loved Seaspray dearly and he'd do anything for her. He also deeply cared for his cousin. He didn't mind working his self to exhaustion just to bring his sweet little cousin back home.

"You may be the most soppy stallion, Whisperpaw, but your the most forgiving cousin and the kindest one at that." Midnight Sun replied. She was relieved that Whisperpaw wasn't too bothered about being attacked with flying books. It made her feel as though it was merely an accident; one that she could easily put behind her. The foal began to smile a rather peaceful and relaxed smile.

Whisperpaw lifted his cousin onto his back. He was determined to carry her home. He wanted to get her back to her room where she could be comfortable. But his limbs were still aching from the walk and he was so very tired. Despite how much he'd rather put Midnight Sun down, Whisperpaw forced his self to bear the weight on his exhausted body. He took two steps forward and began to buckle at the knees.

"Whisperpaw... Stop! Your too tired. Don't do this... I remember all of the stories about you doing stuff like this. Just don't!" Midnight Sun began to plead with the stallion. Suddenly, she felt him drop from beneath her. Midnight Sun slipped her body off Whisperpaw's back. She looked at her cousin and then up to Seaspray. "Auntie Seaspray... What do we do now?"

Seaspray rolled her eyes at her fiancé's stubbornness, though she smiled as he kissed her. He opened her mouth to plead with him, but frowned, watching as he lifted Midnight Sun on his back. She rolled her eyes again and rushed forward, as she saw his knees buckle.

She watched as he dropped and started to laugh, despite the situation. She shook her head at him and helped him up slowly. "Silly stallion."

Seaspray smiled warmly at Midnight Sun. "I can carry you home, but it doesn't seem like Whisperpaw is up to that. I suggest we see if we can get a carriage home," she spoke curtly, and pulled Midnight Sun onto her own back gently. She wasn't as heavy as Seaspray anticipated, and was rather comfortable with the foal on her back. She nuzzled Whisperpaw. "Come on."

Whisperpaw began to blush bright red. He had never felt so embarrassed in his life. Although, when he was a foal this happened on a regular basis. But it was much more serious as his running eventually caused him to faint during foalhood. Whisperpaw's stamina had grown as he did. This meant that he could get back up again after his cousin had got off his back.

"I've grown stronger since all of those other times, Midnight Sun. All of those other times I didn't have a pony on my back. I was just plain exhausted." The stallion reassured his cousin as he stood up. He nuzzled Seaspray affectionately.

"If you say so... Next time, you should listen to what Auntie Seaspray tells you." Midnight Sun spoke to Whisperpaw while giving him a look of diasappoval. She only wanted what was right to happen and her cousin had to stop being such a stubborn stallion.

Seaspray smiled and continued to navigate her way through the hospitals hallways with the foal on her back. Once she'd found the front doors, she nodded at the grey unicorn filly behind the desk, who was busily scribbling on the paperwork.

Life Line looked up and waved, then returned to her paper work.

Seaspray left the building and stood waiting in front of the stone steps that led to the hospital. A carriage trundled by, and she flagged it down. She addressed the stallion pulling the carriage, gave him directions, and paid him. She then carefully slotted Midnight Sun into the carriage, and waited for Whisperpaw to get inside, before closing the door.

Whisperpaw sat in a comfortable position while sitting inside the carriage. He snuggled up to Seaspray. The stallion couldn't stop his self from showing his affection towards the beautiful mare who sat beside him. She was the best thing to have ever have happened to him in his life. He loved her more than his own words could ever express. Whisperpaw leaned in to kiss her softly on her cheek.

"We were meant to be together." He whispered softly in her ear while smiling so gently.

Midnight Sun looked at all of the magnificent sights around her. The foal had never been inside a carriage before. It was such an exciting experiance for her. She sat there with a huge grin on her face. Her expression was eager and full of joy. She loved every second of the journey. The new experiance was so wonderful that she could feel the joy warm her heart. Midnight Sun couldn't help but giggle with excitement.

Seaspray blushed as she felt Whisperpaw's warm body snuggle up close to her, and she looked into his eyes after she had felt the soft peck to her cheek. She rested her head against his shoulder and whispered back; "I wouldn't have it any other way."

She couldn't help but laugh with the foal. She looked so happy, and Seaspray was finally content. She had everything she wanted now; a wonderful fiancé, and a wonderful family. Eventually, the carriage came to a stop. She jumped outside and carefully lifted the foal onto her back once more. She thanked the stallion, and he set off, back on his way to Canterlot.

Seaspray glanced up to the sky. Night was beginning to fall. She looked back to Midnight Sun and smiled kindly. "You must be tired."

"Nope! Night time is the best time of all. I like to look for constellations and just plain stargazing is great fun." She expressed her love of the night. Midnight Sun was well known for being a stargazer. She loved the darkness. She loved to look out for shooting stars. The night had something mystical about it. Something the foal just couldn't explain. Sh often looked up at the night sky, amazed by it's beauty. "I wonder if there will be a full moon tonight or perhaps an eclipse. Maybe I'll see a shooting star!"

"I forgot to mention that Midnight sun is interested in stargazing." Whisperpaw chuckled softly as he walked beside Seaspray. He yawned quietly. His cousing may not be tired, but he certainly was. Whisperpaw was ready to be swept away into the wonderful world of sleep. He looked at Seaspray with his tired eyes and said. "May Luna send us sweet dreams tonight."

Seaspray laughed and nosed the foals cheek. She pushed open the door and smiled gently as she began up the stairs to the foal's room. She slowly opened the door and set the foal on her bed. "You're a silly little filly, Midnight Sun, but you're certainly a big part of my life now, considering I've only met you today. I'm glad that you're here." She smiled still, a little teary eyed. "Whisperpaw is glad too."

She trotted back down the stairs to her sleepy stallionfriend, and laughed. "May she send us sweet dreams, indeed. Now, time to get you to bed too, Whisperpaw. You look like you could sleep for a year," she teased lightly.

"You can say that again..." Whisperpaw yawned as the puppy ran past him and headed towards Midnight Sun's room. Whisperpaw nuzzled Seaspray ever so softly. "Aren't children wonderful?" He mumbled sleepily.

Midnight Sun smiled when she saw the border collie enter her room. She smiled happily as the puppy leaped onto her bed and curled up beside her. The foal was glad to be back home. She had her puppy friend back by her side. The foal used magic to open the curtains. She began to look up at the star filled sky.

Whisperpaw slowly walked towards his room. He had never been so happy to go to bed. The stallion used his mouth to open the door.

Seaspray smiled and followed the stallion into his room, thinking deeply on his previous remark. "Aren't children wonderful?"

She had completely forgotten the issue that had bugged her throughout the day, up until the point that all thought was driven from her mind when poor Midnight Sun was injured. She frowned a little as she thought about it. Once they got married, would they have foals?

Seaspray shook her head and smiled up at Whisperpaw again. She couldn't remember a time when she had smiled so much, but all that she really cared about was going to sleep. She hadn't let it on, but she was also rather tired and worn out from the days events. Needless to say, it had been one of the best days of her life.

Her eyes began to water, and she rushed forwards to wrap her forehooves around Whisperpaw's neck; not even bothering to concern herself with the fact that he was so tired, he mightn't be able to stand her weight on him.

Whisperpaw was caught by suprise when Seaspray threw her forehooves around him. He tried to hold her weight up and had set his mind back to all of those days he had spent running. The stallion ran for two hours straight without stopping once. Remembering the pain he had endured of that frightful stormy day, the stallion found the strength to hold her up. His muscular legs trembled fiercely as the were strainging to stay upright. He felt the aches and pains return to him from his last straining of all four legs. However, he wanted to continue this romantic moment for his darling, Seaspray.

Whisperpaw swept his forehooves around Seaspray's torso. He fought the aches and pains in order to carry her while he walked on his hind hooves. Sweat poured down his mane, flattening it down on his head. The stallion made slow and shakey steps towards his bed. He carefully placed Seaspray down in his bed before losing his balance and falling on the floor. His legs ached just like that day he ran until he passed out. But it was worth every second.

Whisperpaw crawled around to the other side of his bed. He was exhausted and wanted to rest his aching body. He hauled his body onto the bed and snuggled up beside Seaspray. He placed his forehooves around her while looking deeply into her eyes with his sleepy expression. "Your eyes shine brighter than the north star. Your so beautiful..." He managed to mumble before he fell fast asleep.

Midnight Sun could hear everything that was going on in Whisperpaw's room. Her room was only next door to his. Yet the foal chose to ignore everything that went on. She looked at the stars and searched for the constellations as she did every single night since she read her very first astronomy book. To her the stars were wonderful and mysterious. The foal often dreamed about meeting Princess Luna and thanking her for making the night so beautiful. She wished she could thank her in person. But life wasn't that simple.

After her look at the stars, Midnight Sun began to practice magic. She couldn't explain why, but her magic seemed to be stronger at night. That is why the foal practiced magic at night more than anything else. She began to make different objects move around the room. At first they moved at a slow and steady pace. But after a while, they were zooming around the room at a rather high speed.

Seaspray was caught unaware when Whisperpaw took him into his hooves and carried her into the bed. She watched concernedly as he collapsed after putting her down, and she realised just how tired and painstaking those few steps to the bedside must have been for him. She bit her lip to stop herself from bursting into tears all over again.

When he slipped in beside her, and after his whispered remark, she nuzzled him, blushing a tremendous shade of red. Just as he was drifting off, she nosed his ear.

"My handsome, selfless stallion."

Her eyelids then began to droop, and she tucked her head under Whisperpaws, hooves wrapped around him tightly as she too began to slip off to sleep; a soft smile on her face.

Whisperpaw woke up early the very next morning. 'Urff... I feel like I've fallen out of a tree... But Seaspray looks so radiant when she's sleeping.' He thought to his self as he carefully slipped away from the bed. The stallion left the bed room, biting his tongue to keep the silence.

Whisperpaw had made it into the kitchen. Despite feeling rather sore, he thought it would be nice if he made breakfast for everypony. He used a recipe book as guidence while he made pancakes from scratch.

Midnight Sun's room was a mess. It looked as though a tornado had ripped straight through it. Her blankets were hanging off the door handle and objects were scattered all over the room. The puppy was lying across Midnight Sun's stomach. The foal had her left forehoof hanging out of bed. A book was wide open on the last page beside her bed making it clear that she must ave fallen asleep reading a book. Midnight Sun was fast asleep by now.

Seaspray awoke to the pleasant smell of cooking pancakes. She stretched in the bed, reaching for Whisperpaw, when she realised that of course, the reason she could smell cooking, was probably be because he was downstairs cooking. She got out of the bed, laughing at herself softly and trotting downstairs, full of fresh energy.

She picked out a brush from her saddlebags, ran it through her ever-so-slightly tangled mane, and entered the kitchen slowly. She came up behind him and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Morning, handsome," she teased playfully.

"Good morning, my sleeping beauty." Whisperpaw replied before kissing Seaspray softly on her cheek.

Whisperpaw flipped the pancakes onto three separate plates. He carefully carried them to the kitchen table. Once they were safely on the table, the stallion allowed himself to fall over in order to relieve the pressure on his legs. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to try to be sp romantic. Still, he wanted to endure the pain for Seaspray. He'd do anything for her.

"Please can you go and wake up Midnight Sun... I don't think I can manage going back up the stairs." He said as he hauled his body onto a chair.

Seaspray looked in concern to Whisperpaw, and she nuzzled him as he placed the plates on the table. She looked up ad nodded, her brow furrowed slightly.

"Yes, we'll be down soon," she stated, her voiced laced with a soft note of worry. She was still frowning as she found herself walking the stairs. She turned to knock on the foal's door, and entered slowly. Poking her head in, she gasped loudly. "Midnight Sun? Are you alright?"

Seaspray suddenly realised what caused the mess when she caught sight of the book lying open near the foal's head. She rolled her eyes, and preformed a clean-up spell; something she did so often she didn't even have to concentrate when she did it. Within no time, Seaspray had cleaned the room, and went over to nudge the foal.

"Breakfast's ready, you silly filly."

She lay down near the bed, ready to help the foal onto her back to carry her downstairs.

Midnight Sun slowly opened her eyes. Her eye lids were open like slits. Her pupils slowly rolled over to where Seaspray was. At first her vision was slightly blurred. After a few minutes everything came into full focus. Her room looked so clean. But how? Her levetation spell had managed to get out of control during the night. The foal was sure that her room would be a terrible mess.

"Morning already?" She sleepily mumbled her question in disbelief that this could possibly be reality.

The foal inhaled deeply. The scent of pancakes made her mouth water. Midnight Sun was still quite tired. But the pancakes seemed to be calling her name. She reached out and held onto Seaspray, ready to be lifted out of her bed.

Seaspray smiled and took the foal carefully onto her back and paused before she exited the rooms slowly. "I cleaned your room, don't worry," she chuckled lightly, and then began out of the room, and down the stairs back into the kitchen. She walked at a slow pace, so as not to jostle the foal on her back. She smiled at Whisperpaw as they entered.

"One sleepy filly, ready for some breakfast, I think," she teased, and carefully set Midnight Sun onto a chair. She then herself sat down beside Whisperpaw.

"Do you have any plans for today?" she frowned a little as something dawned on her. "Then again, you don't seem up to much, Whisperpaw. Perhaps you both should just relax today," Seaspray stated, a small smile once again playing around her lips. She didn't want either the foal nor the stallion to overwork themselves.

"Well I was going to put up posters about the dog who found us. She still may be somepony's lost pet." Whisperpaw replied to Seaspray. "And you shouldn't worry. I've only scratched the surface of past injuries. I'm fine. I'm just not ready for the stairs."

Whisperpaw caressed Seaspray's face gently with his horn. He looked deeply into her eyes as he felt her mane entwine with his horn Gently, he slipped that part of her mane behind her ear. He then kissed her tenderly. The stallion couldn't eaxpress how much he loved her no matter how hard he had tried.

After his gentle morning romance, Whisperpaw took a bite out of his pancake. It was delicious. But even a tasty breakfast such as that would not compare to his love for Seaspray.

Midnight Sun smiled softly as she used magic to cut her pancake up into bite sized pieces. She was glad that she now understood why her room was so clean. She was also very greatful for what Seaspray had done for her. Perhaps she was meant to be here.

She was just about to pick up a piece of pancake when she heard Whisperpaw's plan for the day. The foal had bonded so very well with the border collie. She didn't want to give up what she now considered to be her beloved pet. She knew what she wanted to name her and had dreamed about playing with her puppy friend.

"But... Sunrise is my puppy. She's the only pet I've ever loved..." The foal pleaded with tears in her eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Seaspray nodded, but her usual smile didn't return until after she kissed him back, and the usual bubble of love filled her up until the same smile flitted back onto her features, and a soft blush powdered her cheeks. She then tucked into her pancakes, and sighed happily. It wasn't often Seaspray had time for a meal in the mornings; her job made her much too busy to do such a thing!

She looked up when she heard the foal's plea, and she sighed again, although a little sadly. "Midnight Sun, if the puppy was your puppy, and you had lost her, you'd want her back yes? It's the only right thing to do."

Dare she continue and get the foals hopes up? One look at the foals face, and she broke. "Besides, she seems to know her way around too well, so she may well be a stray." she paused and added in quiet voice, after a thought, "Just don't get your hopes up too much, little one."

"You don't understand..." Midnight Sun hissed. "I couldn't have any pets or even be around animals because they made mother sick. You two could touch any animal you wanted!" The foal began to sob once more. She stopped when she heard the patter of puppy paws entering the kitchen. The border collie puppy was carrying a rather long piece of rope in her mouth. She sat beside Midnight Sun and dropped the rope in front of her.

"We can go for a walk. But you don't need that silly rope. I trust you." Midnight Sun spoke while gently running her hoof through the puppy's fur. "I wanna walk with her alone. She knows the best walking spots and it might be the last walk I'll ever take her on."

"Okay..." Whisperpaw couldn't argue with her. She never had the joy of having a pet to love until that puppy walked into her life. Being told that she might have to lose a friend was very hard on such a young unicorn. The stallion could never fully understand what was going through his cousin's mind. But he thought it must have been hard, finally being allowed to touch animals for the first time and getting to learn about how to care for one; only to be told that it might get taken away from her. He felt guilty that he was putting her through so much emotional pain by being honest.

"We have to let her spend some alone time with that dog." He told Seaspray.

Seaspray nodded and sighed. She looked to Whisperpaw and began to clean up the plates, using her signature clean up spell that seemed second nature to her by now. She looked to him, a little frown on her face when she'd finished.

"I hope she won't be too disappointed."

Seaspray nuzzled Domino, who was hopping around her hooves. She could sympathize with the foal. She would be upset if her pet was taken away from her. She know that Whisperpaw would feel the same.