A Musical Encounter (Robikku)

TheRedFox

It wasn't often Vinyl got to hang out with ponies who, whilst not yet known on the scene, demonstrated such an innate flair for their craft - indeed, as she watches Ivy continue to talk about her experimental kits, the more Vinyl felt her respect for the other mare grow. Her passion and love for what she did was definately clear, and she nods softly as Ivy carefully detailed and discussed every little element of her equipment - listening carefully to everything being said, proving once more that there were certainly none more devoted to their craft and ideals than those ponies who were deep into their musical element.

"[colour=#800080] Woah - this is some collection of neat ideas y'got here[/colour]! " She says, looking over the equipment with a careful glance - not daring to poke at it too much for fear of perhaps doing something to it. She wasn't fond of the idea of perhaps breaking or damaging something that the other pony had devoted so much care and time to making something so very unique in the musical scene - heck, she honestly couldn't say she'd ever seen anything quite like it before.

Coming to think of it, something odd occurred to her about this rather interesting setup - it seemed so very specifically designed, and it just seemed to vinyl that something was a little unusual with the overall choice of design. It had clearly been made of a piano, but that didn't really strike the DJ mare as a first immediate choice for modifying into something like this...which led Vinyl to look back at Ivory with a small questioning smile.

"[colour=#800080] So...Uh...quick question - an' hear me out here.[/colour] " She says, tapping her muzzle with a hoof for a moment as she took a moment to figure out the best way of making her question suitable for asking. " [colour=#800080]But, uh, is there a reason that ya chose the piano for this? Seems a l'il odd to use as a mod, don'tcha think[/colour]? "

She did hope that her question didn't really come across as weird - it was just that something about this piqued her natural curiosity, and she wasn't really sure why. Of course, the drum machines were equally awesome, but the piano refits had poked something in Vinyls mind that left her wondering if there was any good reason for having chosen the keyboard, or if it was simply just a design choice that came about through convenience...either way, she was curious about what the reasoning was!

• 4 weeks later...

Ivy just smirked as she noticed the look on the other mare's face, seeming so proud of her kit, which after all the work she had put into it she had every right to be. When the mare was satisfied her idol had an adequate look at the internals of her set up she would carefully replace the cover, screwing it back into place before turning to her, trying to hide how excited she was to hear her opinion of the equipment.

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#800080] Woah - this is some collection of neat ideas y'got here[/colour][colour=#282828]! "[/colour]

[colour=#282828]To this Ivy would nearly let out an audible giggle of excitement before she started to answer "Yeah, I just sort of applied what I already knew to make music like yours...I heard a few artists one night when I snuck out, and I just couldn't believe such awesome music was so underground...I had to be a part of it..so I did." she smirked, biting her bottom lip softly as she realized what she had said, fearing she had said too much once again. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#800080] So...Uh...quick question - an' hear me out here.[/colour][colour=#282828] " [/colour][colour=#282828] " [/colour][colour=#800080]But, uh, is there a reason that ya chose the piano for this? Seems a l'il odd to use as a mod, don'tcha think[/colour][colour=#282828]? "[/colour]

[colour=#282828]To this question the mare would bite her lip softly, thinking for a moment about how to say enough to answer the question, without giving too much about herself away, although the way the mare acted, let Vinyl know she was hiding something. After a second of thinking the mare opened her mouth "Well, I work at a piano shop doing sales and tune ups and stuff...so it wasn't hard to take that knowledge and bend it to make this type of music really." she explained, running a hoof through her mane with a sort of relieved look, as if she had just escaped a glass shop without knocking everything over.[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

Vinyl nodded at the answer here, seeing as this kind of answer was a fairly popular reason amongst most artists of this craft anyway...Heck, she herself was only even into music at all because of her folks, music school, and that one Popular stallion DJ she'd never really gotten to thank. Perhaps it was better that way though - afterall, it's not always a good idea to ever catch up to ones hero's, 'lest they disappoint you and force you to acknowledge reality of them being mere mortals!

Something felt a little off with the mares other answer though - somewhere amongst all of this, the young DJ Unicorn was getting a sense that perhaps there was a subject the other mare didn't really want to talk about, or that she wasn't particularly proud of...either way, there was almost a palpable sense of unease in the other ponies tone of voice as she spoke her reply. Vinyl decided that perhaps the better route of action was to perhaps probe in that had not yet been discussed.

The personal route! " [colour=#800080]S'Cool enough - this all gets me wonderin', though... [/colour]" She paused and raises an eyebrow slightly.

" [colour=#800080]What d'ya folks think of your style[/colour]? [colour=#800080]They gotta be proud of ya[/colour]! "

Vinyl wasn't really sure what it was that was leading her on into this questioning, but she figured it was a mutual love of music and all it involved.

Naturally, such a thing would no doubt cause curiosity in either mare to perhaps ask questions about how such things came to be - Vinyl nodded to herself as she tweaked her shades again, deciding that this was no doubt the source of what had driven her to ask more about who this mare was, and the music she created!