[Canterlot] Runway Rumors -Ended-

buxy

2nu80vq.png

Babbles rolled out of bed with a groan. The sun was high in the sky, streaming in through her windows, making the bags under her eyes all too clear as she glanced into the mirror in her room. Her horn glowed for a moment and the curtains snapped shut. She pressed her hooves against her face and rubbed some life into her cheeks.

She'd rolled in from the afterparty just as Luna was bidding Equestria farewell for the day. That party had felt neverending. The fashion show they had all been celebrating had given everypony more than enough to talk about. The chatter flying around made her head spin. Photo Finish couldn't keep her mouth shut all night, but she'd leave all that to the fashion reporters. One story had settled in her brain while she slept the party off, and that was the one she wanted to share.

Babs brewed herself a cup of strong coffee and sat down at her desk, sipping it as she gathered her thoughts. As the story formed in her mind, she readied her quill and scroll.

Hello there my ever faithful fillies and colts. Now I know it's been a while, but I promise you this little dish is worth the wait.

I'm sure by now everypony has heard of that beautiful flash in the pan working the fashion industry into a tizzy. Now, you know me, and I'm certainly not going to name any names, but it seems that shrinking violet was pushed to stardom by a dear friend of hers, a designer no less, who was so overcome with jealousy she had the audacity to blab about it to everypony at her local spa. Make friends with your farriers, girls, you never know who their other friends are.

Now what about her last fateful show? A disaster. I was there, darlings, and I promise you, there was plenty of applause, but there was nothing to cheer about. I'll also point out that the bashful beauty's aura shown with a bit more than just the pinache of the runway. Dare I say, unicorn magic tripping her up (literally)? Maybe the magic of a jealous "friend"?

Of course, now that her career is definitively over, perhaps the two will patch things up. Then again, that memory may sting for a while. Jealousy is a tricky thing, darlings, and it'll rot a friendship faster than wet hay rots in a hot barn.

"A perfect blind item," Babs said to herself, fixing her mane and tail and getting ready to deliver the scroll to her editor. "No names, gotta have that deniability, and just transparent enough for everypony to know just who I mean." It'd hit press immediately, and she'd be hearing reactions on her nights out before long. She tossed a saddlebag across her back and carefully tucked the scroll inside, making sure to fasten the buckle. More than once someone had lifted her story right out of the bag, whether they were eager to get the scoop or trying to save her own reputation had never really been clear, but Babs loved the notoreity. With one last glance in the mirror, she headed out into the city to meet with her editor.