Sleepover! (Attn. Alison & Robi)

Imagination

This was so exciting! She could hardly wait! She couldn't wait! When was she going to get here? How long was she gonna stay? What kind of stuff were they gonna do?!

The vineyard was going to have a special guest tonight! One of Pinchy's little friends! She didn't think Berry was going to let them play outside at all, cuz it was too dark and a bit close to the forest. But that was fine by her. Not that she was scared of the dark! Nope! She'd never admit that to nopony! No way no how! But anywho, more importantly:

Pinchy's first sleepover, yay!

She never had another filly sleep over before. She had slept over at her friend's houses before, but never played host. It was going to be so much fun! What was even better was that her mother was going to be there too! Well... She owned the house, it wasn't like she was going to hand over the keys and leave. But she always had fun hanging out with Berry, and now it was going to be like including a new pony in the fun!

Games! Food! Stories! Sleep deprivation! Breakfast in the morning! Woohoo!

For now the excited little filly waited at the window by the door, her face pushed to the glass and her tail wagging furiously like an excited dog. She was watching the road for her friend, Apple Pie of course! "This is so awesome!" she squealed to her mother, likely somewhere in the room. "Thank you for saying yes, mommy! This is gonna be so much fun! I can't wait till she gets here!" She didn't need no sugar for this kind of high. Friendship and using a weekend for fun with said friendship was all the little pink filly needed.

Right off the bat, Berry knew this was going to be one of those interesting nights - she hadn't anticipated Pinchy asking her for a sleepover a few nights ago, and whilst she was a little apprehensive about the idea at first, it was Ruby's puppy-eyed gaze that finally sold the wine-maker mom into finally relenting and letting Apple Pie stay over for the weekend.

Afterall, she knew that this was one of the important parts of Pinchy growing up, and she didn't wanna be 'THAT' parent who ever let her foal have any fun...

As a result, she knew this meant that this weekend was going to be full of busy times and mischief of a foal-oriented nature.

Berry does a quick last minute mental check - 'Proper Pony Planning Prevents Poor Performance' and all of that jazz, right?

- Snacks? Check

- All essential sleepin' stuff ready? Check

- Extra batches of special sleepover smoothies, crushes and Juices? Check, Check and Check

- Pinchy all ready for her visitor? ...

Berry gives a quick look over at her l'il silly filly...there was certainly no denying that her l'il daughter was hyped up and bouncing in anticipation for what was going to happen today - Berry mentally checks off that last one in the list before clearing her throat a little and turning to Ruby.

" Well, Ruby... " Berry says, giving a small chuckle as she did so. " You've done everything you need...Nothing that you've forgotten to take care of, right? "

Ruby was often so preoccupied with her wild imaginative ways that sometimes she was a little forgetful about things that she might have needed to do but hadn't gotten around to taking care of just yet. Admittedly, Berry thought to herself, she couldn't immediately say there was anything else she'd asked the foal to do...

Still, perhaps the youngster had something she might have thought about doing that she hadn't done yet - no harm in finding out, she concluded quietly.

Little Pinchy looked over her shoulder at the inquiring mare, eyes shifting this way and that. Did her mother really know she didn't pick up her room? Those two stuffed animals on the floor and that unmade bed were an eyesore! And... Oh Celestia, her math homework! Wait... No, she did that. Repressed memory. Ugh, she hated math. And creative writing. And history now that she thought about it. Lunch and recess were her favorite subjects.

Aside from a partially messy room, she did all her chores for the day. Or at least she did them all as best she could remember. A quick "Nope!" sounded from the filly and her face immediately returned to the close proximity of the glass. But that nipping guilt stung at the back of her head! Her room was a mess! A pigsty! It looked like a bull ran through there! Oh her mother was going to be so disappointed that she lied! Pinchy wasn't a liar! She was just excited! No, she wasn't going to hurt mommy's feelings!

Quick! Think of something pink thing!

"Uhhhh actually I think I left something in my room!" she bolted off to her bedroom. Oh goodness! She picked up the two animals and rearranged them in their proper place. Now for the bed. She could play it off! Yeah! Smoothing out the sheet and throwing the blanket over, she let it drape over the sides of the bed. Oh, no, you could still see the bumps from the wrinkled up sheet underneath! She quickly got to work to make it look presentable.

Berry watched her youngster dash back off towards her room - it was sorta adorable to see Ruby so enthusiastic about her friends at school, and Berry felt her heart swell a little with pride at the thought that her little pinchy was really starting to branch out and be a social pony...

The idea that there were so many more sleepovers and adorable moments that she'd be able to watch pinchy enjoy and grow up with meant the world to the light-purple mare, who had done everything she could to bring her young daughter up as best she could on her own - it hadn't been easy, and there had been difficult times before in the past when Ruby was a younger and lesser capable foal, but with Pinchy growing up to be an adorable but polite little scruff of a pony...it seemed as though the best years of hers and pinchy's times together were just ahead within reach.

Berry shook herself off - the silly sentimental haze shifted as she cleared her throat a little and awaited her silly Pinchy's return...tonight was going to be a very fun start to what looked to be one of the best weekends in her foals life so far, and she intended to make sure nothing got in the way of this!

Before much thought went into her actions Apple Pie was already at the front door to the house with her normal emotionless face. She looked around and observed her surroundings, it was amazing the she made it all the way here by herself. She was sure that Braeburn was worrying a lot about her and was most likely pulling his mane out at the thought that she wasn't within range for him to take care of her. She let out a soft giggle as she pictured Braeburn running around and yanking on his mane screaming her name. It was a sight to be hold for sure, but she had time to giggle about that later for now was the time that she would get to spend with one of her most enjoyable friends: Pinchy. She was going to be spending THE WHOLE WEEKEND with not only Pinchy but her mother Berry as well, they were going to be doing this thing called "having fun." Apple Pie knew nothing about this having fun, so it was a rare experience for her to get to be with some ponies who did. She brushed her bangs out of her face and prayed that her bonnet had kept the rest of her mane in place while she traveled, it was one thing to arrive looking a bit disheveled and then there was looking presentable. Apple Pie tried her best to always look as good if not better then how she felt, and today she felt pretty darn good so she had to make sure that every hair was in its proper place at all times.

She grinned and checked her teeth to see if she still had some greens in them, finding she didn't she quickly ran her tongue over her teeth and her lips before returning to her normal face. She then cleared her throat and knocked a few times on the door.

*tap, tap-tap, tap, tap-tap-tap* her knocks came on the door in a rather rhythmical sense but to Apple Pie that was the only way to do it, she had to make a good entrance some how. But now came the hardest part of her visit, the introductions and getting everything in order.

Ruby heard the knock at the door, and in record time the pink blur made it there to answer it. Of course her bed was still half-made, but who cares? Apple Pie was here! The door came open with the little unicorn on the attack! She leaped forward and gave her friend a big hug. [colour=#ee82ee]"YAAAY! You're here! Oh Celestia this is going to be so much fun! I can't believe you're going to be here a whole weekend! It's going to be the best weekend ever! So awesome!"[/colour] The giddy filly let go of her guest to let her inside at long last.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Mommy! Apple Pie's here!" [/colour]

Of course, from here, it was only going to get better. Berry could let her know where she could put her things and lay down whatever 'ground rules' they were probably going to break anyway. The little filly was way to excited to worry about rules. For now, anyway. She knew not to push her mother too far.

It wasn't like Berry was not expecting things to spiral into a crazed flash of pink the moment she heard the light tapping at the door - afterall, Ruby was an excitable young thing and her hyper mindset when she was in such a situation as this was something that Berry had put up a fair resistance and ability to handle over all of the time Ruby had been capable of expressing her excitement...

[colour=#EE82EE]"Mommy! Apple Pie's here!"[/colour]

But the flustered mare was now finding herself feeling as though perhaps she wasn't as prepared for this grand old weekend as she'd first expected - there was something in how Ruby was grinning and dashing around that made the wine colored mother pony a little more unsure that perhaps this was as good an idea as initially thought. Still, she shook off her moment of doubt and decided that perhaps this was just something she needed to put behind her and give her daughter the benefit of the doubt for.

She approaches the door, opening it for the young pony outside and smiles welcomingly, letting Pinchy have her room to come bounding in excitedly if she felt the need - and given her current state, that seemed relatively likely to happen!

" [colour=#ee82ee]Well, hello there[/colour]! " She says, chuckling a little as she gestured to the inside of her home.

" [colour=#ee82ee]Pinchy's just been ever so glad to have you over - I'm sure it'll be plenty of fun for all of us[/colour]! "

Berry was internally finding that statement to be a little uncertain for her own self...Just how much fun was likely to transpire this weekend?

Two potentially excitable fillys occupying the same roof was almost akin to nothing short of a memorable, but mischief-filled, time!

ApplePiebanner2.png

With a polite nod and an attempted smile Apple Pie looked up to Berry and nodded her head.

[colour=#00ff00]"Hello Mrs Punch, this bag is for you. Within it are the contents to keep Pinchy occupied for hours on end and the secret to all life in Equestira as we know it."[/colour] Knowing that things like this didn't really exist she stiffled a small giggle by putting her hoof up to her mouth and simply letting out a [colour=#00ff00]"Teehee"[/colour] before returning to her all to serious face. [colour=#00ff00]"Sorry, I let my small humor get the best of me there. Inside of the bag is thirteen Apple Pies made by yours truely, I simply hope that they are not too damaged from the travel." [/colour]She nodded her head again and placed the bag of Apple Pies in front of Berry Punch hoping that they would be a gift of appeasement for letting her come spend the weekend with the filly who seemed to be the only friend her age that she had.

[colour=#00ff00]"What sort of rules should I be expecting for my visit here?"[/colour] She took out a list from one of her saddlebags and looked it over.

[colour=#00ff00]"I already have:

No sampling the adult beverages, no rough housing, no breaking things, no going to bed without brushing your teeth and taking a bath, no getting too dirty, no jumping on beds, no..."[/colour] She trailed on and on listing a bunch of rules that would most likely end up either being broken or simply ignored all together. But Apple Pie knew her place and was happy to at least have the time to play with Pinchy. After finishing her list she looks at Pinchy who seems to not be able to be ANY happier then she currently was and stepped forward into the house.

[colour=#00ff00]"Well, what kind of trouble shall we get into first?"[/colour] She looks as innocent and emotionless as she can, her whole body stopping or so it seems that she has become a statue and simply looks on at Pinchy not even blinking.

• 2 weeks later...

She had Pinchy at 'Apple Pies' Yeah, those probably weren't going to see Monday. Delicious apple pie... Made by her friend Apple Pie! This WAS going to be the best weekend ever! In fact, she was so distracted by her daydreams of food that she didn't hear her friend rattle off that list of rules to her mother. Poor Berry. Or maybe not! It all depended on if she just accepts it or not and joins in on the fun! Pinchy would clean up any mess!

... Within reason.

... After severe prompting.

... And a nap.

What do they do first? [colour=#ee82ee]"Oh Celestia so many choices!"[/colour] That's probably not the first thing Berry wanted to hear. [colour=#ee82ee]"We could play games! Or... Or dress up! Or build a blanket fort!"[/colour] Just a few of many possibilities the little filly could think of. Eh. Her mother should have expected these things. After all, how often had she come home to find Pinchy hunkered down in an elaborate blanket fort, holding a broomspear toward her and demanding a password to be let into the house?

Usually the password was 'let me in or no dessert'. Oh that wicked mare, bringing snacks into this! They're innocent!

[colour=#ee82ee]"... I dunno. What do you wanna do first?!"[/colour] she asks, that bright smile still stretching on her muzzle. Careful, Pinchy, lockjaw is hell.

Berry nodded, listening to Apple pie - she seemed to have at least a good grasp of how to conduct herself well enough over the course of a few days stay...although, of course, she wasn't really going to be such a stickler about rules, she was once a young filly herself once afterall. She was still also getting over the very generous offerings of apple pies, which she had to admit was one of her own favorites - Warm apple pie and ice cream was a much favored treat in their household, and herself and Pinchy had devoured many over the last few years.

"[colour=#ee82ee] It'll be fine, hun...Really[/colour]! " Berry said, deciding to quickly interrupt the young filly in the middle of a rule about no bouncing on the bed whilst it was a pink moon wearing yellow pyjamas in any month that contained a J. " [colour=#ee82ee]It's just a weekend, I don't think you have to worry TOO much about too many rules - just be reasonable, and I'm sure we'll all have a good weekend[/colour]! "

Of course, she saw the rather glazed look of excitement in Pinchys eyes and chuckled slightly to herself a little - it was always good to see her little Pinchy in such a good frame of mind, since it wasn't often she'd ever had friends round before now to stay. Berry paused for thought and stomped the ground lightly with a hoof, giving the pair of them a smile. "[colour=#ee82ee] Well, since the pair of you are all set...maybe I should get you both some snacks? I have some freshly made juices, a nice fruit salad, some cookies and other nice things from Sugar cube corner - just let me know what you both want, and I'll get it[/colour]! "

She was determined to try and make this Pinchy's bestest weekend ever, and what better way to start it than a little refreshments before the ponies scampered off to go have themselves some mischief in Pinchys room; After all...so long as they didn't completely go overboard, what could possibly go wrong, eh?

It didn't take much to get Apple Pie's tail a swaying but today it sure seemed like it was going at mach five whenever she got close to Pinchy. The two had been pen pals and had even seen each other a few times before this but this was the first time that they were going to spend an extended period of time together.

[colour=#00ff00]"Oh please Pinchy, we must control ourselves."[/colour] She started and then let out a small giggle that was covered by her hoof. [colour=#00ff00]"Until your mother goes to sleep that is."[/colour] She then let out another giggle thinking that she was funniest little filly ever. She took a deep breath and resumed her expression of full-emotionless-Apple-Pie. She produced from her bag a small box within it was two Monach Butterflies and a lone Winter's Grace Butterfly. It was a rare butterfly to be sure but Apple Pie had had it since she got the small larva from her cousin Apple Bumpkin's flower garden.

[colour=#00ff00]"I also remember you had said something about alien butterfly invaders from the planet Flora so I brought over some that we can 'interrogate' them and perhaps convince them to take us to their leader and what not."[/colour] She still had that emotionless face and placed the box of butterflies before Pinchy and with a difinitive strike of her hoof next to it she spoke.[colour=#00ff00] "But be careful with the white one, that is a special kind of Butterfly to me and I don't want to lose it."[/colour] She let a strange smile streak her face as she looked on now past Pinchy into the actual house as she picked up the bags of Apple Pies with ease and brought them into the house leaving them within an easily reachable area for Ruby. She would find them heavy but then again when you make and move as many Apple Pies as Apple Pie does then you should know that Apple Pies can be heavy, unlike Apple Pie. She let the name puns run though her head for a while and then settled on one about eating Apple Pie and shook her head and gave a disgusted look before returning to her normal composure.

[colour=#00ff00]"So, what should we get in trouble for first you ask? I do think a blanket fort would do wonders."[/colour] She grinned, now a natural one, she even scooted herself next to Pinchy and looked up to Ruby with the same adorable eyes that Pinchy most likely used when she wanted to get things her way.

• 5 weeks later...

Pinchy giggled with her friend, seeming to take a bit longer to control herself than it did Apple Pie. But she soon put on the same emotionless expression as she did... If only for a few moments before she started giggling again. [colour=#ee82ee]"Indeed, the true havoc will start when mommy's asleep"[/colour] she rubbed her hooves together, scheming. Such a silly pony.

But then, an alien! Wait, even better! An alien POW![colour=#ee82ee] "Ah ha! I knew they couldn't escape Equestria's justice for long! Oh, and of course we'll be careful, we don't want to hurt prisoners! That would be terrible"[/colour] she reassured her friend. Hurting anything was wrong! [colour=#ee82ee]"But the interrogation will have to wait. For now we have to fortify the house, as you said! To the linen closet!"[/colour] And the pink pony took off like a shot for the wonderland of blankets and sheets, opening the doors and gazing up at their barricade materials. [colour=#ee82ee]"Hmm... Where do we build it? And we could probably find some armor in the kitchen..."[/colour] Her mother usually didn't like her wearing the pots and pans and cookie sheets, but hey, sacrifices must be made for the greater good!

Propping herself up on her back hooves, she reached up for the highest blanket she could and started pulling. After awhile, and with enough effort, all the blankets on the shelf came down at once! With a cry of surprise, Pinchy was buried! But she was okay! This was evident by the muffle gigglefit that could be heard as the pile started to shuffle about. [colour=#ee82ee]"Heeheehee! I'm stuck! Apple, help me!"[/colour]

Berry watches as the youngsters ran off to do their thing - she hadn't had a lot of time lately to tend to pinchy's playtime needs as much lately, and found herself genuinely relieved that she had such a friend to keep her entertained...still, this clearly meant that she had to make sure everything went smoothly.

[colour=#ff0000]*FLUMPF* [/colour]

Berry saw Pinchy get buried under the piles of towels and resisted the immediate urge to giggle, as she makes her way over to the struggling pile of blanket and nipped at a fold of the material, pulling it free of Pinchy whilst giving a somewhat amused expression, even if she knew Pinchy should probably have taken a lot more precautions to the situation than just pulling haphazardly.

Had anything dangerous been resting on or around the blankets, then something might have happened, and she'd have had to take care of it.

" [colour=#ee82ee]Careful, hun... [/colour]" She Lightly bapped her plucky adventurous daughter on the head, raises an eyebrow and gives a small tsk tsk.

" [colour=#ee82ee]Nopony wants this to end badly, so if you really need anything like that and can't get it...just ask me first, okay? It's just safer that way[/colour]! "

She didn't really wanna impose greatly on the fillys fun times, but she still knew that it was better overall if she kept an eye out and lent a hoof if they needed it.

It wasn't like she didn't trust Ruby to behave, or for her friend to play it safely with her...but a parent could never be too careful in a situation such as this.

With a small grin and a shy giggle Apple Pie watched all of the blankets flop down upon her friend and listened carefully to the adults words about being safe and asking her if there is something they couldn't reach. While that was a good idea in theory it would be hard for some of the things that they had planned it would be strange to ask the adult to find them per say two gallons of chocolate milk and some white chocolate cookies.

[colour=#00ff00]"Well thank you for your consideration miss Berry Punch."[/colour] Apple Pie said before she began to dig her friend out of the blankets as she simultaneously sorted them by colour and size. It made no sense to leave such a big mess for Berry to have to clean up after they were done fooling around so she only took a few of the blankets and sheets and set them aside knowing that they will most likely not need them all.

[colour=#00ff00]"Pinchy, about how many of these and what sizes should we take for the fort?"[/colour] She couldn't help but want to do laundry after seeing how wrinkled some of these sheets had gotten from them simply falling out of the closet.

Ruby was finally free of the blankets! She gave Apple a big hug before returning to the matter at hand.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Everypony knows Butterflies are masters of the art of blanket sabotage... Those blankets falling on me were NO accident" [/colour]Yes it was. [colour=#ee82ee]"We'll have to be super DUPER careful from now on! Who knows what other traps lay in wait for us!"[/colour] Oh, right, Berry was lecturing. She snapped out of her heroic pose for a moment and gave her mother the most adorable little grin that bundle of fluff could muster. [colour=#ee82ee]"Okay mommy! I promise we'll be careful!"[/colour]

Now, back to Apple's inquiry. She shrugged. [colour=#ee82ee]"I dunno. I guess it depends on how big we wanna make it... Maybe we should get some chairs too... For support and stuff! For noooows.... Maaaybee five blankets? Queen size? We could make a pretty great fort with that! And we can come back for more if we wanna!"[/colour]

Apple Pie nodded her head a few times and gathered the needed blankets for their most amazing of forts.With a quick but careful trot she navigated her way to the kitchen and scouted out the best possible location for each of the blankets to be when they would make the fort. Mind you Apple Pie had no real knowledge of Architectural design but she knew enough that she could map out the fort for Pinchy hoping that she wasn't using the entire kitchen and just the kitchen table.

[colour=#00ff00]"Ah here should be a suitable location should it not?" [/colour]She asked Pinchy just to make sure that she was correct in her previous assumption. Maybe even Berry would be willing to help them, and cut up one of the pies while she was at it. All this plotting and planning had to make a little filly hungry and warn out, not to mention the long walk from Appleoosa.

• 2 weeks later...

Pinchy gave her adorable reply to Berrys warning, and the wine-coloured mare couldn't help feel like this was going to go just fine.

Berry chuckles to herself as she watched the pair of filly's starting to chatter excitedly about their plans - this was the kinda thing she'd always wanted to see Ruby get into for the longest time, and Apple was most certainly a delightful pony for her to get to know...she was polite, and clearly a bright young pony. She didn't feel too worried about things going TOO badly, if both ponies were careful and she wasn't too far away if they needed any real help.

Perhaps she should soon get to preparing a few snacks for the pair of them shortly, but she figured that perhaps it wasn't best to do so before they had their first meal of the day, which perhaps she would get to doing in an hour or so, depending on how things went. Of course, she'd ABSOLUTELY have to prep some apple pie for dessert and perhaps serve up some of her freshest juices in storage, made up from some of the finest l'il berries and fruits that she'd been able to lay her hooves on over the last few days...afterall, growing filly's needed healthy drinks!

For the moment, she kept a little distance as she reads the news paper she'd had nearby...keeping eyes on the nearby events to see how things progressed!

• 4 weeks later...

Pinchy nodded excitedly, bouncing around a bit as she kept imagining a vast and magical blanket fort... Or maybe a blanket CASTLE! And they could both be blanket princesses and rule over the blanket ponies! But indeed, all her bouncing around had made her a bit hungry... That and she was silently craving them since the second she saw them. [colour=#ee82ee]"Yeah! The kitchen will be perfect! And uhmm... Maaaybe we should get something to eat before we get started? You know, you shouldn't build a big ol' fort on an empty tummy!"[/colour] Heck of an excuse, Pinchy!

Oh, but she needed to get all of her assets in order. [colour=#ee82ee]"Moooooommyyyyy~?"[/colour] She called out adoringly. Of course Pinchy could figure out how to get pie for herself and her generous and super duper friend, but she had no idea how to make juice like Berry did. She was a master! Apple's delicious Apple Pies, and her mother's dreamy fruit juice? HEAVEN.

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie giggled as she followed closely behind her friend. Surely she was very excitable to be sure but that wasn't going to stop Apple Pie from having a good time with her.

[colour=#00ff00]"Hehe Pinchy, now while I am sure that we could easily get the pie and the juice for ourselves I would like to ponder why you are bringing your Mother into this?"[/colour] She knew that her mother was a wine maker and would most likely dabbled in other forms of juices but how hard could it really be to get a simple glass of juice. She stared at her small pony friend and giggled again as she trailed off her call for her mother. It seemed that Pinchy got cuter and cuter as she sat there, soon to explode with pure adorable.

[colour=#00ff00]"You know, you have a very dangerous power for sure." [/colour]She let out a giggle before brushing her hair back, it was one of the few times she had taken off her bonnet but it felt good to let her mane just flow free now as she was in the cool house. There was no more birds and sun to attack her 'nest' of hair today so her half-braid fell kindly to the side of her head with the tip flaring out.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Moooooommyyyyy~?"[/colour]

Well, it didn't take too long for Pinchy to get the rumblies - of course, Berry knew all too well that her l'il Ruby was bound to get tempted by apple pies sooner or later...

Admittedly, she couldn't argue with the filly...those things looked super delicious, and Berry was a little tempted herself to steal one away for her own eats later.

" [colour=#ee82ee]I'll be with you in a bit, sweetheart[/colour]! " Berry calls out, heading towards the kitchen with a chuckle - the pies were waiting there for serving...and Berry immediately takes one to be reheated and served, putting it in the oven for a l'il bit to help heat it up. Serve it up with some cream and berries, and the girls would have the most delicious afternoon treat. Walking towards the storage cabinet where she kept her fruits and other items for home mixing, she takes out a small bowl for the mixing, a mortar and pestle forcrushing the tasty berries and fruits that made up her l'il concoctions, and a selection of berries, fruits and other items that she knew would go well...a little cinnamon, some honey, and maybe some yogurt to help make an interesting little drink that the girls would utterly adore, and would go well with the tasty-looking pies.

Berry busied herself on the kitchen for a few moments as she prepared the finest snack for the female friends, humming softly to herself as she does so!

She couldn't wait to see the looks on their little muzzles once she served up something that would make their day just a little bit sweeter!

• 3 weeks later...

Pinchy nodded to her friend, grinning. "I get that a lot!" She got up on her hind hooves, striking a heroic pose [colour=#ee82ee]"Maybe it's a SUPER POWER! I could be... Captain Cute!" [/colour]

She seemed to weird herself out with that name, getting back on the ground where she belongs. [colour=#ee82ee]"How come superheroes are always Captains, anyway? You never hear of a superhero with 'Lieutenant' or 'Major' in their name... Well, unless you count Major Pain, but he's a villain... And Colonel are almost always villains! Do Colonels get cranky or something?"[/colour] Pinchy, you're side-tracking. [colour=#ee82ee]"Hm... Maybe Adorigal? Nah... Hm... The Cuteness?... No... How aboooouut... Ooo! Hi Mommy!"[/colour]

Right! Her mother soon came into the kitchen, the filly buzzing with joy. She held her friend close, as if she were to tell her a secret so great, it could tear apart the very cosmos if a third party heard it. [colour=#ee82ee]"She. Is the best. At juice."[/colour] It's true! The filly was sure as soon as her mother's special fruity creation touched Apple's lips, it would be like she was introduced to a whole new world! Happier! Brighter! Enlightened, maybe! It's that delicious!

But for now she just sat down and gave her mother a heart-wretchingly adorable grin. [colour=#ee82ee]"Thaank you, Mommyyyy~!"[/colour]

ApplePiebanner2.png

Giggled as she watched her friend Pinchy dance about and imitate a cartoon she had viewed once about a cat finding this special pancake syrup and being able to see into forever.

[colour=#00ff00]"Well thank you Miss Punch."[/colour] She patted Pinchy on her head and ruffled her hair a bit.

[colour=#00ff00]"Maybe your name could be Princess Adorabus, or just Princess Abby for short. You could be the Alicorn of Cuteness!"[/colour] Apple Pie was surely going to the moon for those remarks but with an evil grin and eyes that could turn a Timber Wolf docile she thought about how hard it would be for Celestia to handle her.

[colour=#00ff00]"In other news, I must state that the pie was hoof made by myself. I even picked these apples by hoof from the far east trees in the Buffalo Run Orchard. They are the ones that ripen last but taste the best." [/colour]She was so proud of herself that when she was given the pie with the ice-cream she didn't know what to, marvel in its simple elegance or swallow it hole.

• 4 weeks later...

A little while later...upon arriving amidst the pair and serving them their treats, and a round of same for herself, she couldn't help giggle to herself at the antics of her daughter that she had managed to overhear during her preparing of the snacks. If ever a pony was a true epitome of adorable, Ruby sure as heck demonstrated that she was a strong contender for the crown of cute...a thought that struck the winemaker in no small way as she sipped at her glass of fresh mixed juice thoughtfully and glances at the pair - holding up a hoof and speaking her thought out loud.

" [colour=#ee82ee]Well...I have a name idea for her too[/colour]! " Berry says with a small grin as she wiped her muzzle. "[colour=#ee82ee] you could be a Pinchicorn, hun - the Alicorn of all things adorable[/colour]! "

Berry loved getting in on her daughters fun whenever she could...and if she could find ways to perhaps put an embarrassing spin on things, she would!

Afterall, what else were parents good at in their kids eyes, eh?

Apple Pie's little announcement of her having made these pies herself gave Berry a small pause for thought, as she took a bite of the helping she'd given herself - the morsel having just the right levels of zest and sweetness that an apple pie should have as a filling...the pastry rich and delicious, crumbling as she nibbled at it with an appreciative smile.

" [colour=#ee82ee]So young and so talented - the Apples are truly miracle workers throughout all ages, aren't they[/colour]? " Berry says as she looks toward the young filly with a grin.

"[colour=#ee82ee] You're clearly going to be another fine blossom on their family tree - especially with such a delicious applepie recipe in your reportoire[/colour]! "

Berry didn't exactly want to say it out loud, but she most certainly had designs on acquiring that recipe...or some variation of it...it was just TOO delicious not to at least try!

• 3 weeks later...

Pinchy was getting pretty excited about the idea of being a Princess. She might just make that a lifetime goal! But didn't she have to be good at magic and stuff? Bah, she'd learn. She was just a slow starter, that's all! Even her mommy thought she could be a Princess! Well... Of course her mommy would. Berry always believed in her little Pinchy, and that always made her happy, especially when times were tough.

But now was a time for pie! Apple pie! Apple pie with Apple Pie! The pink filly was scarfing down her piece, making a mess. But she had every intention of cleaning it up. No way was a scrap of this pie going to waste. Her eyes were beaming with wonder, a look of absolute joy in combination to stuffed cheeks on her face. [colour=#ee82ee]"Erf shur GUURRR!"[/colour] She tried to bellow in great praise, but this was why Pinchy wasn't allowed to talk with her mouth full. After some time, Ruby's face was empty. [colour=#ee82ee]"I'll say! The Apples are amazing! I wonder what Apple Bloom's cutie mark is gonna be! I go to class with her! She's real smart and knows all kinds of stuff! And her bow is so pretty!"[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie nodded at Berry Punch with a slight smile as she blushed a hint. She wasn't used to ponies openly complementing her like that, or her apple pies, it was something the felt that she would have to get used to but it didn't bother her that much more as it shocked her to hear someone actually say it.

[colour=#00ff00]"Thank you Miss Punch, it means a lot to me to hear such an astute lady as yourself say those things about me."[/colour] She had no idea what the proper response should be since it was obvious that Berry Punch knew exactly what she was doing when it came to her life so there was no words of wisdom that seemed to roll off her tongue, that didn't matter though since Pinchy was too busy being adorable...again... Now came the talk of her cousin Apple Bloom.

[colour=#00ff00]"Yes, Apple Bloom is rather intelligent and resourceful. I hope that her cutie mark shows off her talent to bring together ponies as it does the projects she works on. It'd be a shame for her to end up as a baker like myself."[/colour] She nodded her head slowly up and down, not meaning to be hard on herself for being a simple baker but more so seeing more in the cards for Apple Bloom.