The Ever-changing Forest (1x1 rp/Closed)

Solfire

What could be worst than becoming lost in the forest that has been apart of foal's bed time stories to frighten them? How about being in the part that is controlled by the misunderstood evil that once tried to overthrow the princesses and take over Canterlot. This is the exact situation that one Solfire is faced with. Little does he know that his fate is now in the hooves of said evil; for however she wants to play with him.

The Ever-Changing Forest

Solfire looks around nervously as he slowly looks around, hoping he was going the right way. As the sun was nearly set, his fateful guiding light was all but there for him, and he didn't remember this place well enough to transvers it. It didn't help that it seemed like it was going to rain. Sol's ears lied flat upon his head as he looked around, finally finding a cave. It looked damp inside it, but it seemed better than being caught out in the rain. He hurried inside and saw that the cave was rather well lit with what seemed to be crystals. Sol tilted his head slightly; this inside was rather pleasing to the eyes. He felt this was a good call, and that he should probably venture forth. As he walked down the cave, it noticed it got more and more narrow. Not that long after, the walls seemed to go away from each other, and there revealed a massive room filled with crystals, mushrooms, and some creatures riddled with holes mostly on their legs. They looked like black, furless ponies; except Solfire knew better. These were changelings, which meant he was in a very bad place. He had hopped to turn around and leave before any of them saw him, but as he turned, he instantly noticed a few changelings were blocking his exit, and now backing him towards the center of the room. "Oh no..." He said quickly to himself as he got the worst of feelings welled within him now. He only hopped she wasn't here now.

((just so you know my posts will very in length some may be long and others may be short))

and before he notice Solfire found himself tied up with something that feels like a rope but not a rope and the changeling force him to the dungeon "lucky for you right now Queen Chrysalis is out and we don't know when she will be back so you could be trap here for weeks on end" said one of the one leading you

Sol tried to fight back when they were tying him up and leading him to the dungeon. He wasn't too successful as they were numerous, so eventually he stopped and just followed as they guided him. When they spoke about the Queen not being in, he slightly sighed. 'I should of just braved the rain and... dark just so I could get back home...' He thought to himself. He looked around and found that he was alone; no other ponies or any other creatures were trapped down here. When one of the changelings mentioned that he could be trapped down here for weeks until Chrysalis came back, a frown came upon his face. "Where is she? I mean, what is she doing that would require her to be gone for such a long amount of time?" He asked them. Perhaps he could advert their minds long enough to try and made an escape, however this rope didn't seem easy to break.

Sol continued to follow, as if he had a choice, down the dark and damp room, seeing the different makeshift cages on both sides of him. They then came up towards a cage at the very end of the room, centered towards the mid-section of the back wall. Two other changelings walked forward and opened the complicated door that led into the cage. As a small act of defiance, Solfire walked forward without being pulled by the changeling that was leading him, and got into the cage himself. As the door was closed back up, Sol turned around and stared out at the changelings, emotions deprived from his eyes. "So, you have no idea where she has gone, nor when she'll be back. You don't even know if she will come back for you all, yet here you are waiting. You must be very loyal, and trustworthy." He said to the lead changeling, then sighed softly. "If it wasn't for the fact that you all tried and take away our happiness for your food, I'm sure the princesses wouldn't of had an issue with you all staying under her care." He told them. He then sighed again and lied down. He didn't know how long it would be till the queen herself would show up, or if anyone would stumble here in search of him. Time would tell.

"no we know she will come back we are loyal to the queen to the end, just like you are loyal to your princesses" said the leader changeling then they left sol alone. After what felt like days gone by but was only really a couple hours. Solfire has some herad the hive sleeping and someponies singing ((i don't know if you will but i am typing it either way)). As he fixs his ears on the voice he heards Queen Chrysalis singing what sound like a lullaby as she was thought the hive ((here is the song

)). And when the song ends she is standing in front of solfire looking at him

Sol listened as he heard the other pony prisoners sing, their songs sad and filled with broken hope. Solfire looked down at the ground, sorrow now filling within himself as well. He was about to lie down and try to get some sleep as the sun was nearly coming up, though that was when he heard the lullaby from a dark and syndical voice, the words driving deep into his mind. Never before had he heard such hateful words being used in a rather singsong tone. It made his stomach turn slightly. While the song was going, he saw glow green eyes at the end of the hallway, moving ever closer. It wasn't till the end of the song that he finally saw who the eyes belonged to. He stayed silent for a moment as the tall 'pony-like' creature towered over him on the other side of the cell. "Y-you... you must be Queen Chrysalis." He said in a quiet voice. Her very presence sent shivers down his spine. He had never seen her before, only hearing the stories from Twilight and Princess Celestia. Even those stories didn't prepare his mind for what stood in front of him. He gently shook his head, then looked up at her. "You have such ill thoughts against the Princesses and Twilight Sparkle... I understand why, but what makes you think it will work? Lets say you do become powerful again, do you think they'll just become weaker?" He asked her with a legitimate curious look on his face.

Queen Chrysalis stood infront of him as he talked first "Y-you... you must be Queen Chrysalis." He said in a quiet voice. it was almost to quiet for her to heard but she herad him she looked into his eyes as he said it and she could see the fear in his eyes and that's good. Because that means ponies still fear them "i am" said Queen Chrysalis then he did something she wasn't expecting he stood back up in try his best to look into her eyes then he said "You have such ill thoughts against the Princesses and Twilight Sparkle... I understand why, but what makes you think it will work? Lets say you do become powerful again, do you think they'll just become weaker? she make a quick laugh at him "you really think you know why i have hate those them and all of your kind don't make me laugh if i manage to beat them i will trap them in a anti-magic zone so they can't do anything" she said with some much hater,

((just so you know i have multi ideas for this to go and if we follow the path i want i will manage to get another chrysalis song in this also how do you think i am doing as Queen Chrysalis also for future reference don't say one thing early and go around in your next post and take it away))

((I'm open for any ideas, and sorry. One moment emotionless, and the next filled with different kinds of emotions. I'll try and work on my subtle approach from here on out. (Unless you were talking about something else.)

Also, I think you're playing an awesome Queen Chrysalis thus far. :D ))

When Chrysalis explained her plans in clearer details, Sol didn't feel any better within. However, she didn't seem so sure herself just by her own statement. "If you manage to beat them; that's the key word." He said, then went silent. He knew that she was going to retaliate back with an even stronger confidence, or even try and tear his hopes down even further. He couldn't see a way out of this, both the way the conversation is going, and a way out of this place. What was she to do with him anyways, for he was apart of that race she hated so much. Was he going to be the first to go in her plan of revenge; or did she have something else in mind for him?

((yea i was giving the situation you can show your be emotional how ever you want what i was talking about since you don't know is in one early Post, you yourself said you was the only creature in the dungeon and then after my song Post you said their is singing prisoners meaning other)) " Yea i know it is " said chrysalis as she sigh after a bit of internal confin "All This Fighting just gets so tiresome some" She said what her ears flatten

((I see, and I apologize, when I saw your post between them and the wording "someponies", I thought you were wanting to add in that there was going to be more than just him there in the cells. We can forget about the prisoner ponies then.))

Solfire's eyes slightly widened when he saw the drastic mood change in Chrysalis, his instinctive response kicked in immediately. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset!" He said, then quickly went silent. How was she going to take an apology from a pony? From how she spoke so ill and poorly about his kind earlier, she was either going to shout at him, not speak back at all, or twist it in some way. Anything else would completely throw him off. When she had spoken about the fighting being tiresome, he just lowered his head. "I can only imagine so..." He said, once again reverting back to his quiet tone. "Perhaps sleep can help alleviate that? Sleep... and better planning..." He said and looked up again.

"I can't worry about sleeping when my entire kingdom is hungry" Chrysalis yells but not verg load to wake up the others as she stomps her front hoof after chrysalis got all work up over that she sigh again "i can't think of any other way of getting food for my kingdom" said Chrysalis sadly

After all that happen the entire Cave shook for a couple minutes then stop and Queen Chrysalis and the sleeping hive act like nothing happening

Solfire slightly took a step back as Chrysalis yelled. It was one of the reactions he predicted, but it still scared him. He was going to speak back cautiously, but that was when the ground moved under his hooves. As the cave shook, Solfire fell on his flank, his head now slightly spinning. "W-what was that about? An earthquake?" He said in a worried tone of voice. Being within the forest that they were in, who knew exactly what will happen here and when. When everything seemed still again, Solfire stood back up and looked around to make sure that nothing was damaged or anything was going to fall on him. "Perhaps... there is something else you could feed them and yourself; something that won't fight back, at least not as much." He suggested to her as he finally looked at her again. 'What am I doing... why am I trying to help her? She... she's just looking out for her kingdom and her loyal subjects; am I so wrong to try and give her a helping hoof? Does she and everyone else here not deserve to live?' He thought to himself.

"then what do you suggest we eat we try normal food and that makes us sick, then we discover we can drain love out of creatures and thats what we have been eating ever since and no that was an earthquke it is something much worse" said Chrysalis

Sol looked down at the ground as he got a sinking feeling in his chest. Something worst? What possibly could cause the entire ground to shake like that? It had to of been massive, huge; and very close. He then looked up again, trying to push that to the back of his mind. He was still presented a question; he got himself into this mess, so he had to think of something. "Perhaps... if what made the ground move like that, it has to be huge. Maybe huge enough to feed everyone here, for a while at least." He suggested to Chrysalis. Even to him, it sounded insane, but it was the first thing that popped into his mind.

A sweat drop came down Sol's forehead. The forest caused the rumble? For one, how is that possible; and two, how would the forest be worst than a earthquake? Solfire took a deep breath to try and focus on the here and now, which was being trapped and talking to Chrysalis. "I don't know what to do for you then... I just know that, well, you shouldn't have to fight for your food, but I don't feel like being you food either, so..." He said, then trailed off. He didn't really know where he was going with that, and he didn't know how he was going to be any help to her except for nourishing her belly for probably just a day, if that. In his mind, things were looking bleak, and for all he knew, they really were.

"this forest like us has the able to change its form so it is always change one moment you know then the next you are somewhere you don't know and lost in the forest forever, i lost alot of changelings like that" said chrysalis

"I see..." He said as his ears flattened against his head. If this place was changing around, then it was probably too late to try and trek back out to return to Ponyville; and probably no pony there was going to find him easily. This was defiantly not the way he thought tonight was going to go. All because he is afraid of the dark, and also because of the... wait, it was suppose to of started raining. What had happened to that? Just as he began to question that, he felt a few drops hit the top of his head. Looking up, he spotted a hole where the moonlight was coming down into the cell, and now rain was coming down as well. Moving so that he wouldn't get soaked, he continued to look up at the hole; the light, as dim as it was, reflected off the rain. It was rather beautiful, such so that he smiled for just a second. However, it quickly vanished as he looked back down at Chrysalis again. He didn't know what to say or do at this time; perhaps listening to see if she had anything else to say was the best idea he had in mind right now.

"Well..." Sol began to say, but then just sighed softly as he looked away. "I would say how about letting me go, I would head back home, and we both could forget about this encounter completely... but with it being night time already, raining, and if what you say about the forest changing is true; then I'll surly be as lost as one of your underlings." He said and softly shook his head. " So either way, I guess I really am under your mercy; but for now, I'm going to sleep... lightly." He said the last word with a tone of suspicion. It was true that he felt no love within himself at the moment, but he didn't want to let his guard down for any reason and give them a chance to feed on him. He could easily tell by the looks on the changelings face, and even Chrysalis', that a nice snack would be in order right about now. He got down on his knees, lowering his body to the floor and kept looking down at the ground. He was willing to listen if she had more to say. It was then that a terrifying thought came to his mind 'Wha-what could she do to me... what would she do to me if not steal away my love and happiness?' The mere thought made him slightly shutter.

Sol closed his eyes when Chrysalis left the room. What was she trying to say? Would she actually be willing to let him go? Perhaps; because she can not feed on him, she sees no use for him and thus is less caring about him. Still, would it be wise if she did? Of course he said he would forget about this encounter and all, and he meant it if he was able to get home. It was then that he heard a door become unlocked and he opened his eyes again. Curious and hopeful, he looked around to see exactly where that noise came from. It was when he saw the door to his cage opened and holding on his own that he truly became confused. Where they letting him go; did she really not need him. He was relieved, excited, but also cautious as he stepped out of the cage and into the rest of the room. He moved as quietly through the tunnel, trying to recall from memory where the exit was. It took a moment, but he finally found his way out, and without thought or checking where exactly everything was; he ran. He kept running and running in what he thought was a straight line. At this point, he didn't care where he ended up at, so long as he was away from the changelings, and away from her just incase she changed her mind. So he ran and ran, but it was soon that his tired body made him slowly down quickly until finally he came to a complete stop and was panting hard. He was sure he was far away from the cave now, but he was still in the forest as well. As the rain continued to fall, his mane became more padded over his face. "At least... I was dry in there..." He said quietly to himself, fearing that he was now going to catch a cold; though he hopped that was the only catching that was going to be done tonight. He figured that he had to try and get out of this forest now, but as he tried to lift up a hoof, he immediately lost all feeling his legs and fell to his knees. 'No good, I can't continue.' He thought to himself as he continued to heavily breath. Now he was really thinking that he should of at least stayed for the night.

Chrysalis smiled as she saw him leave "and so the fun begins" she said to herself she then left the cave after him following him until he couldn't go any farther she then landed away so he couldn't see her then changed forms into a yellow unicorn ((my second oc aka Starwind her app is in my sig and what she looks like is my pic)) she then fumble around trying to fine her way much harder on the ground then in the sky as she try to find him she accidentally when thought thorns and others plants that hurt her and things of panic everything she ran into something ((thing like ouch and of that nature you know what i mean also as you know the changling takes the voice of the one they change into)) she finally found him and she had branches and thorns sticking to her tail/mane and coat so in other words a mess ((there was also some tree branches in the tail/mane)) "oh wow i found somepony else" she said

Archived