The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Killjoy just sat there as she narrowed her eyes at the statement of destroying what's inside of her "were it so easy..." she whispered as she stood up stretching and popping her neck. "It's a start though." Luna looked puzzled "what do you mean it's a start?" She asked. Killjoy looked at Luna "he isn't as strong as me, but he can use his teleporting and speed a lot better to make up for it. I still have the advantage in strength and possibly combat experience. Though the speed will be troublesome. Maybe equal, but in our own ways. Guess he will want that sparring match soon then." She said with an annoyed sighed. Luna giggled a little "it's surprising how many look up to you, how many strive to be as strong as you, it's quite inspiring." She said with a smile. "Though you might want to keep him on watch for a little bit." She said now seriously. Killjoy nodded "yeah, the taste of great power is more potent than any drug or drink. I saw the greed in his eyes...the corruption the power brings. He's going to have to learn that with such physical strength, your mind has to be equally so."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's the Vengeance that's consuming him too. Ever since he watched your other self kill his comrades, he felt a sense of uselessness, being useless to protect them. He told me he never wanted to feel like that again, at any costs." Tavi said shakily. 

Later that day, Oakly walked back into the cabin, he had just went the spring again and washed off the days chores. He noticed the bedrooms door was closed, "Went to bed early eh? Fair enough, feeling sleepy myself too." He sighed as he put on on dry pants and lay down on the makeshift couch. He started to drift off to sleep when heard a noise and looked up to see Spring twittling her thumbs nervously with rosy cheeks, "Its... a little cold in my room..... could you maybe.... come sleep in my bed.... with me....?" She stuttered shakily. Oakly starred in shock, wondering what kind of punishments Killjoy would dream up with if she knew any of this. He swallowed nervously and nodded straightly, "Yeah, sure." Spring turned to head in and Oakly followed, he then quickly went to grab a shirt but felt a hand grab his wrist, "It's alright.... I don't mind...." She told him softly. Oakly went bright red as he looked at her, 'SHE'S SO CUTE!', he thought to himself as he followed her into the room and closed the door. She lay down on one side while he went to the other, as they got settled in, Oakly turned the opposite way screaming internally. 'If Killjoy found out about this she'd skin me alive!' He thought fearfully. By midnight, The two were cuddling together in their sleep.

The morning sun brought in a tired Trax, looking as though he'd been wrestling with the wildlife all not long, carrying a freshly killed boar on his shoulders. "Breakfast." He said as he set the boar on the butcher table in front of Stryker, who wore a green apron. Trax just lazily gave him a thumbs up and turned around, "By the way, if ya had a werewolf problem before, you don't anymore." He added as he walked away. Stryker watched him go as he began to prepare the boar by muscle memory, even without looking. Trax slowly made his way to the little room he'd been sleeping in and fell into his makeshift bed, sleep quickly taking hold of him. Kasey and Tavi watched from the doorway, "Is he going to be alright?" Kasey asked with a hint of concern. Tavi sighed, "I've known him for over 24 years, and I'm still trying to figure him out. Just don't show him where the mead is."

Viola hung down from the ceiling behind an unsuspecting Father Shade, "PEEKA-BOO!" She yelled excitedly in his ear. 

Suddenly a woodcutter's axe fell on the floor with a thud besides Trax. "Get up, you have chores to do since you insist on staying here, you have duties, or have you already forgot?" Killjoy said sternly and completely unforgiving. "It's your turn today to chop the firewood, we need wood to roast the boar you spent all night to obtain." Now mockingly "this is non negotiable, I'll be back in five minutes, be ready." She said walking off to make sure everyone is doing their part.

Shade gasped as he grasped above his heart as he quickly looked back "dear, don't do that, my old heart can't take such surprises." He said with a chuckle "your classes aren't until an hour from now, what are you doing here so early?" He asked softly.

Trax let out an exhausted sigh, too tired to argue and knew it'd be a waste of what little energy he had left to ignore her. Tavi and Kasey had went their separate ways when Killjoy came, Trax stood up with the axe and lazily made his way outside again. "I wish I had a drink..."

Viola dropped down and shrugged her shoulders, "I just wanted to ask a little question. Like, when am I gonna go on a mission or something? Also did big brother Oakly awaken his ability here? Kasey found out his during the army," She chuckled, "He doesnt use it much cause he doesn't want to rely on it, but its awesome! He can create these spheres of wi-" Kasey placed a hand over Vi's mouth quickly, "It's nothing special really, just a little magic trick." He said humbly. Vi pulled his hand down and frowned, "Little magic trick? Your bedroom wall begged to differ." She said grumpily. Kasey sighed, "Listen to Father Shade and no more scaring people, understand?" Vi nodded reluctantly before she broke free of her brothers grasp and ran off. Kasey glanced Father Shade, "Hows she doing?"

"she's doing well, a little impatient, but that's with all children her age. She's still only a child so I'm keeping everything simple, though soon I think she will have to learn that her ability is not for pranks and games, Though forgive and old man's curiosity, but she mentioned your ability and you seem to want to hide it, would you be so kind to let me witness your magic trick? This is my profession after all." he asked softly.

"Yes Kasey, show us this magic trick since you clearly avoided getting your tasks for this morning." Killjoy said crossing her arms. "If your father has to do chores, so do you."

Kasey sighed reluctantly and held out his right hand, palm up, "Fair warning, I haven't been able to fully control it yet." He warned them as he started to focus on the palm of his, at first a small sphere of wind formed in his hand, then grew larger till it was the size of a soccer ball. "Its a sphere of concentrated wind, strong enough to blast through rock, and if formed right it... cut through steel. First time was when I got angry during training for the army, and put my Captain in the hospital by accident. Turns out him being former Black Ops was what helped me get recruited, who knew." He said as he tried to minimize the sphere, but only for it to fly up into the ceiling and spill dirt all over him. "I've little training on it, I just don't want to start relying on my ability to overcome obstacles, and use my own strength."

"Your ability IS your own strength, it's a part of you, it happened because your mind focused on what you wanted most. To deny it will only drag you down. You've made it this far without having to use but what happens when it's needed, you never tried to control it so how can you trust it when there comes an obstacle where it leaves you no other choice but using your ability. You need to learn to control it." Killjoy said brushing the dirt of her shoulders.

Shade nodded "she's right, you may have live with a noble life style, but there WILL be a time where you will need your ability to push through the toughest problems." He point to Killjoy "Lady Red would never have got this far on mere normal strength alone. Plus she would be a vampire by now if it weren't for her ability." He said softly. "Take pride in your ability, it's what makes you...well you. Our abilities is what makes us strong, strong to protect the weak, and destroy the ones that seek only destruction." Killjoy explained.

Kasey nodded, understanding the situation, "Right, then I should start training right away. I need to be strong, strong enough to protect my Family."

Oakly blinked his eyes open as the morning sun seeped into the room from the window, he froze up in shock as he starred upon Springs face only inches from his, his arms wrapped around her and their legs entangled. Then he noticed something off, her hair was Darker. 'Hazels awake.' He went red as she started to wake up. Hazel opened a blood red eye then closed it, suddenly both eyes flew open and pushed Oakly onto his back as she strattled him on top. Oakly, still red in the face, was now wide in panic. Hazel leaned down pressing closer to him, her face again only inches from his. "What do you think Killjoy would do if she found out about this hmm?" She asked mischievously. Oakly threw on a face of annoyance, "Now you're just being un-fair." He lit up his hand with a little sparking, Hazel squeaked and jumped back. "Thats what I thought." Oakly chimed before he caught a pillow to the face.

Killjoy left to check on everyone else, as she made her through one of the halls, she felt a sudden dizzy feeling as her vision went blurry and spinning. Killjoy help her head unsure what was going on with her until everything suddenly stopped as the hallway went dim as it were the middle of night. "wha...?" she said as she took a step forward, but stopped as she heard whispers everywhere. She looked around trying to see where the whispers were coming from, though it was in vane. "whose there, come out." she called out. Nothing came to meet her as the whispers grew louder where she could understand some of the words "Murder, Kill, Destroy, maim." the whispers cried to no end. Killjoy grit her teeth knowing that its just illusions of her betraying mind. "This isn't real, none of this." she said to herself trying to snap herself out of it. "is it....?" a voice sounded from behind her, her own voice twisted with death and blood lust. Killjoy froze as she slowly turned her head to see her other self covered in blood as the bodies of her family laid on the floor. The darker self leaned in "It's not real now, but it will be." she said as maniacal laughter rang through the hall. "no-" Killjoy began to say. "SILENCE!" the darker self yelled as Killjoy saw the blade drive through her chest, but as it did so everything went back to normal. Killjoy quickly searched her chest for wounds, but nothing was there. She fell to her knees as her breath grew heavy and shook, it was for the very first time in years, she felt true fear. 

Shade looked at Kasey "so...when do you wish to start?"

Kasey tightened a closed fist, throwing on a look of determination, "Right away." He had a long way to go if he were to catch up to his brother.

The top of the mountain plateau lit up with sparks. Hazel sat on top of the cabin roof, her chin rested on her knees as she watched Oakly train, "Oooh, Ima shock ya with a little spark, soooooo scared." She said sarcastically. Oakly channeled lightning into the palm of his right hand before slamming it into a giant rock he'd worked all week to bring up the mountain, the rock cracked and sparked before it exploded into pieces. Hazel blinked her wide eyes in surprise as she poked her head up behind the other side of the rooftop, "... Sh-t."

Malacath kissed Celestias forehead as she straightened up his collar, "Soon my love, our daughter will be back in our arms, and she will have everything she will ever need." Celestia remained straight faced as she reluctantly kissed him on the cheek, reminding herself she was doing this for the citizens who being kept alive, confined to their houses. The door opened as Treachery walked in, "My Lord." Malacath frowned with annoyance as he turned around, "What do you have to report?" He asked sternly. Treachery dipped his head, "Our forces are gathered completely, we suffered a small number loss due to a few thousand leaving abruptly. They disagreed with your rule and vanished before we could enact punishment." Malacath narrowed his eyes, "So far I am not impressed. However it wont matter, once Hazel is back with me, our Family can never be defeated. Speaking of which, are you able to do what I asked for?" Treachery nodded, "Yes, all I need is the boy himself." Malacath snapped his fingers and Celestia walked out from the room, "Excellent. My daughter seems to have a fondness for the human boy, he will help her adjust, and I guess make a good husband later. Gather the others, and make sure you ready for when he shows back up again."

Shade smiled "excellent, I suppose we should go over what you already know about your ability, and we can just move on from there. You seem to have basic control over your...hmmm" he thought for a moment for a name, he never seen an air ability. "I'm not sure what to call it."

Luna was walking down the galls until she saw Killjoy up against a wall on her knees trembling. Luna rushed over and embraced Killjoy to comfort her "what's got you all worked up...?" She asked softly. "I can't do this....it's impossible." Killjoy said with a weak tone. Luna was quite shocked at the sight of the strongest person she ever knew crippled with fear. "There is nothing in this world that's impossible. You are stronger than her." She said with confidence but felt Killjoy's hands grip tightly on the sides of her clothes "no I'm not..." she replied gritting her teeth "...I'm not..." her tone now a whisper. Luna sighed as she raised Killjoy's head to look her straight in the eyes "yes...you are. The Red I know wouldn't flinch from any challenge, the Red I know would fight against all odds no matter what, the Red I know wins. So which are you, the coward, or the Red I love who fights." She said now in a stern tone, sometimes a little tough love is the best thing to do. Killjoy's eyes widened as something struck deep into her heart, this wasn't her, she didn't hide, she didn't run. As all the fear felt was wiped away, it was replaced with hatred for her darker side. The smoky aura came out of her right side with great intensity as marking grew onto her neck as her eyes lit ablaze. Luna smiled "those are the eyes of the Red I know. The Red that never gives up." She said softly. "I'm sorry..." Killjoy began to say but Luna quickly put a finger on her lips "everyone has doubts in themselves. Just promise me...beat the b!tch from an inch of her life." She said. Killjoy nodded, I promise...thank you."!

((So I've been reading the first Night watch RP we ever did, man.... Jesus the cringe factor. We definitely improved.))

((Lol sometimes I feel like those were the glory days. Yeah I know what you mean))

Kasey shrugged, "Haven't used it enough to give it a name, did Oakly give his a name?" 

Oakly lit up his hand again with lightning, soon it began to take the shape of a blade as he focused on a single point, several trunks were placed in column rank in front of him. "Let's go! Chidori!" Oakly shot forward, slicing through all seven tree trunks like a hot knife through butter.

((it gives a mighty need to go back a redo the old RPs with our new styles.))

Shade shrugged "not that I'm aware of. Well once you start training with your ability, maybe something will present itself deep inside your heart, something that gives your ability meaning to you. Something that has a value in your life, past or future. The first thing is that you ability is a part of you and a part of what you are. Your ability is a representation of a deep desire, when you unlocked your ability, you were wanting something with all your being. So I suppose, the day you discovered your ability is a good place to start looking for what you wish to name this wind ability you have. Think about every detail, what you were doing, seeing, smelling, hearing, touching or taste, the place you were at, your surrounds, etc. etc." he explained "this will also help take the first step of controlling your ability."

((It'd be cool, but I just dont have the heart to do it without Metal, all three of us played crucial roles.))

Kasey thought back to time he first used it, 'Who's gonna protect your family if you can't', the words echoed within him. "To protect those closest to me, that is my reason and will."

Hazel slid from the rooftop, "Forget to mention, Springs doing alright, she really appreciated everything." Oakly raised an eyebrow, "Why does that sound more like a goodbye than anything?" Hazel shrugged, "Thats just what she reminded me to say before I took over. Don't worry, I'm sure she'll back soon." She said half heartedly. Oakly tried not to take offense, but had to think of how he would be if He had two personalities constantly battling for control of the single body shared between them.

((Well yeah we need Metal, I was just saying. Though I would like to redo my gun gale online RP since we didn't exactly get far in it.))

Shade nodded "keep going, think of what caused you to use your ability, how you felt while you were using it and after. Relive the past moment to understand the strength inside of you."

Killjoy sat down on a chair on the top floor balcony. Her armor scattered the floor around, she let the cool breeze brush her skin as she took a deep sigh of relief. She never really has a chance to relax and off guard. She looked at the sky "it's so quiet..." she said to herself as she looked down at the collection of scars on her body "25...more than last time..." she sighed remembered the battle against the priest. Any other person would have died with the amount of stab wounds. Normally of times like these, she would have a smoke or two if Luna hadn't have made her quit a long time ago, said it was a nasty habit, but she never lost the want for a good cigarette. Killjoy leaned back with her feet propped up on the railing as she tried to enjoy the day as much as she could.

((Yeah I wouldnt mind another gun gale rp, and that we could do without Metal since he doesn't understand it as we do.))

Kasey pressed into the memory, remembering his emotions, the determination he felt. Even though they were inside, a slight breeze began blow off from Kasey.

Trax wiped the sweat from his forehead and sighed with relief as he saw one last log to chop, but as he grabbed it, the wood splintered in his grip. The event surprised him, even more so when he felt no injury to his hand, "... this is going to take some getting used to..."

((Yeah I'll see about getting the RP up today.))

Suddenly, Killjoy found a freshly well rolled cigarette in front of her face. "Go on, take it, you deserve it for doing so much." Luna said softly. Killjoy looked at Luna, quite surprised "uh, ok...thanks." she said taking the cigarette between her fingers before her lips took hold of the end. Luna pulled out a match and striking It, she put the burning match up to the paper as the red ember started to form. "I may have stole some from the Royal cache, you won't find tobacco better." Killjoy inhaled letting the smoke fill her lungs and exhaled, it was the best she ever had.  "Quiet today." Killjoy said taking another drag. Luna nodded "that it is, you needed the break anyway, get away from the stress for a bit." She said sitting down beside Killjoy. "So I was wonder about something." Luna said hoping she wasn't prying. Killjoy glanced at Luna as she exhaled some smoke "and that would be...?" Luna hesitated for a moment before taking a deep breath. "I was wondering what life was like for you before everything, you know, when you were a child." She said ready for the silent treatment. Killjoy just took a drag "is that important to you to know?" She asked. Luna nodded "anything from you is important to me." She said with confidence. Killjoy exhaled the smoke in a sigh "there's really not much to say, it's basically your typical sob story. My mother died giving birth to me, my father fell into his own grief and became an abusive alcoholic where I spent a lot of years in constant pain. I was eight years old when I mustered up all the little strength I had to use that rusty floor nail to stab him over and over even after he died, I think I spent over 10 minutes running that nail into him." She said taking another drag. "And...what was that like?" Luna asked not sure if she wants to know. Killjoy remembered it clearly "there is no drug, no drink that could have gave the feeling I had that day, it was absolute bliss. I felt nothing but exticy when I looked into his lifeless eyes. I achieved the long awaited vengeance I wanted." She explained. Luna didn't know why she was surprised, but she was. Killjoy sighed "after that I burned down that house and ran into Canterlot, in the southern side where everyone lived in poverty. I was found in a mud and sh!t filled ally by one of the nuns from the orphanage. I spent my time in that God forsaken place where I fought for every meal, my right to exist, to stay in my place. I did terrible things for just a piece of bread. I stayed there until I was 16 when they shoved me back out into the streets. I spent another year sleeping in the allies with a makeshift knife close to me, stealing all that I could. Then one day I got the nerve to sneak into the central region of the city where a member of royal guard found me and my situation, and like that I was drafted into the military. You know the rest." She said finishing the cigarette and flicking it off the balcony. "Like I said, just a typical sob story." Killjoy looked at Luna who was just looking down "anyone else would have given up, what made you keep going?" She asked. Killjoy thought for a moment "hatred...the hate for all people. If I gave up, no one would care, so I kept going to spite everyone. Then my prayers were answered when I went to war and killed to my hearts content, I got to kill the very people I hated."

Luna stayed quiet, she was satisfied with the answers. "I see...forgi-" she began to say. Killjoy just put up her hand "there's nothing to forgive, it's only natural you wished to know everything about me. So don't worry about it." She said rested her head on her hand. Luna just grabbed Killjoy's other hand as they sat in silence. 

A few more days passed by, Kasey and Viola now spent their time training with Father Shade. Kasey was already beginning to show progress in mastering his ability, while Viola had pretty much already mastered her ability, she had begun to show amazing progress in hand to hand combat. Trax did his part with the daily chores, though not without being reminded by Killjoy every other minute. Now he sat outside starring into a puddle, his reflection solemnly looking back at him, his cheek still a little scratched up from where Killjoy had punched him. The emotions he felt were not anger or rage, but sorrow and loneliness. During a sparring with Stryker and Solar, he had lost control of himself as he basked in the glory of his newfound strength, and in the process nearly killed Stryker. He would have done the same to Solar had Killjoy not literally hit some sense into him, since then he'd spent the afternoon outside starring into a puddle. Tavi told Vi and Kasey not to bother him for the time being, Trax didnt take offense to this, thinking it was for the best. The only silver lining, was that Stryker would make a full recovery as soon as Spring returned and use used her healing ability. Trax let out a long sigh, "... If it wasn't for my finances, what use would I be to my family besides being a nuisance..."

((Sorry it's taking longer to get that GGO RP up, I'm just busy with work.))

"You know I'm all for the whole self loathing thing, but in the end, what results do you wish to achieve by just sitting there looking into a puddle at yourself. All because you lost control, you're just gonna isolate yourself from everyone?" It was killjoy standing behind him with her arms crossed. "Where did all that confidence go huh? You go and talk big about taking ME on, but as soon as you make one mistake. I see you here..." she huffed "you're pathetic... truly. Maybe instead of..." the puddle splashed and distorted as he foot stomped into the puddle "staring at yourself, you should be striving to fix what you've done, you should be learning about controlling what you have, you think this puddle is going to give you the answer, sorry to burst your bubble here, but that's something you need to do, suck it up, get up and make it right." She said sternly.

Trax chuckled, "I guess you of all people would understand, the sickness of this power, and lacking the means to fully control it." He stood up and looked to the sky, "Can't believe I'm admiting it, but you're right. I can't sulk in shame, I have to push forward and progress through. Thanks for the speech Kill, tell Tavi I'll be put for awhile, theres a shipment of supplies for your cause I have to go meet with. Be back in a few hours." He told her as he turned around, only to come face to face with Kasey. The Father and Son stared at each other for a few heartbeats before Trax put a hand on Kasey's head an messed with his hair, "Pay attention to that Son, she may not look like it, but she's got a lot to teach. Back in a flash." He told him before flickering away. Kasey looked at Killjoy, "You think He'll be alright?" He asked with a hint of worry.

((no problem dude ))

Killjoy turned around. She looked back watching Trax leave as she narrowed her eyes "he will be fine." She looked forward and started to head towards the manor "some people just need to be reminded that there are others in this world that deal with the same issues." She explained "great strength is greatly addicting. There is nothing that even comes close to the intoxication you get from such power." She put her foot on the base of a large tree, the tree groaned before loud cracking sounds as the wood started to split. The ground started to loosen as the roots began to rip up from the dirt below. "When you have something that no one else does, it's only natural for a person to exploit that strength as much as possible and then comes greed for more, and more." The tree finally faltered as the trunk snapped letting the tree fall to the ground with a loud thud. "Your father experienced that intoxication. I saw it in his eyes, he hungered for power and when he finally got to taste such strength, greed instantly took over. Now he needs to control his power, and himself. It's important he does so, if he doesn't...well" she pointed at the fallen tree "this will be him, nothing but an end will come for him if he doesn't improve." 

"Mom told me something a few years back, explaining to me that my Dad left because he wanted to get stronger, so he could protect those close to him." Kasey began as he sat down where his father had sat, looking into the puddle. "Even though I was only a Corporal, I was still put in command of higher ranking soldiers. As a Leader, it was my job to make sure the mission was completed with no casualties. It was my second mission as a Squad Leader when I lost my first Soldier, I even watched him die and held him in my arms as his last breath drew from his lips. The pain, the sorrow, that overwhelming sense of failure. I can only imagine how He must have felt when he watched countless of his comrades be slaughtered like sheep at your very hand. Being this close to you and having such power now, His dormant emotions must be going crazy."

"and that's another thing, vengeance, the largest and most persuasive temptation of all." Killjoy said turning to Kasey "Revenge is not only tempting, it's sweet, and destructive. A long lust for revenge can drive even the strongest of minds over the edge to insanity. I remember when I was taken by that temptation, though deserving, I killed my own father for the sake of revenge for reasons I will not say. Though trust me when I tell you, it is the greatest feeling you can ever imagine, and it does things to you, it changes you, for the better for some, but for others, it changes them for the worst. Men gone made with the things they have done for vengeance. Hell look what happened to me, all it took was that little push, that sweet satisfaction and the blood on my hands. Years later I ended murdering thousands with my own hands, and that's not including those I have destroyed with the army under my command. Now I live with an uncountable amount of faces burned deep into my brain, never to go away. I killed innocents, women, children, it made no difference to me. They all burned, bled, screamed, cursed, and cried all the same to me. I did all these things and never lost a wink of sleep, I always closed my eyes with a big smile on my face. Now after my change, it's impossible to even blink without it all coming back to me. Sleep is a thing of the past now." she explained as just looked at the fallen tree "I was an exception in life, whatever powers at be above, or below, for some reason didn't just...let me die in that ally..." her tone got quiet. "I suppose in short, everything your father is feeling right now, will only destroy him." she turned around and started back again. "like me."

Kasey shook his head, "No, I faith in him, I have to believe He can beat this. He only has his Family to believe in him, no friends, barely has Comrades to consider. Even after all he's put us through, I have to believe in him, no matter what. I know Luna feels the same for you."

Archived