Killjoy

The Night Hunters (private)

484 posts in this topic

Trax clenched his fists as rage began to build up inside at Killjoys arrogance, but he knew a fight now would do no good. For now it seemed as she would somewhat assist them, probably due to the fact that her pride had been damaged in her bout with Treachery. He himself was sure he was close to unlocking his full power, but his theory would be the biggest gamble of his life.

Famine and Shadow exchanged glances with subtle reactions. "Even her complements carry venom." Shadow joked unamused, Famine closed his eyes as if to focus on a thought. "Whoa, last time I saw you do that, we laid waste to a small country." Famine waved his hand at the reminder, "No measure of that sort, instead, I am rather intrigued by our Sisters condition. From now on you will remain with our siblings, train them in any way you can, assist with their cause but do not fight for it yourself. Also, as an olive branch to our Sisters' Lover, I've brought along an Old Friend of the Horsemens." Behind Famine appeared a rather stylish looking man, his black and white suit completing his middle aged handsome face, "The knowledge he possesses will prove most valuable to them in the upcoming Battle they face."

Killjoy turned around to see Trax holding in something. "Did I say something wrong?" She asked completely unaware of what just unfolded. "Is it because I called your son useless, strike a nerve?" She asked "not that I care, I mean it's the truth." She turned around and kept walking.

After a while, the doors to the mansion opened as Killjoy walked In "tadaima!" She yelled. Soon Luna rushed down the stairs but saw that Oakly wasn't with them, and Killjoy's eyes were showing a different self. "Where's Oakly, and where MY Red?" She asked sternly. Killjoy shrugged "The plan she thought of didn't work, and so Oakly is going to be staying there for a while. As for Red, I'm right here, just the other side." She leaned in with a sly smirk "hello lover" she said with a chuckle. "I'm not your lover, I love the true Red, you're a monster." Luna said crossing her arms. Killjoy laughed "oh come on, I'm not THAT bad, I only killed a few people." She said. Luna growled "you killed thousands of innocent people." She replied in anger. Killjoy forced her arms around Luna "Oh don't be like that, innocence is just a matter of perspective, to you they may be innocent, but to me they were vermin that needed to be exterminated. If you lived crawling through the filth like I have, you start to see people's true nature just by looking at them. Everyone has a dark secret to hide, not a soul on this earth that is truly pure." She said with chuckling. Luna struggled a bit before getting out of Killjoy's grip. "Everyone has made mistakes, but it's not worth dying for." She argued. Killjoy shrugged "again, it's a matter if perspective."

Trax stepped between them, "Putting perspectives aside, we should start pressing effort into assuring victory." He reminded them sternly, giving Killjoy a warning glare. "Perhaps the smartest thing you've said all day." The sour remark came from soothing but firm tone as Tavi stood in the doorway to main hall, Vi peeked out from behind her with worry. Kasey came from the opposite way, instantly noticing Oaklys absence, in a flash he drew his sabre and stabbed it into the wall to his right, cutting off Hazel who paused at the movement. The room became stagnant with tension, an air unease swept over the group. Trax dismissed Tavi's remark, knowing it was from her rage of Oakly being left behind to suffer. Hazel was frozen stiff at realizing Oakly was still gone, "You left him?" She croaked as if the words pained her to say.

"Well in our defense, there really wasn't much of a plan in the first place, my other me tried desperately to get the boy back, even willing to give up her and my own freedom in exchange. So please, let's all glare at both of us as if we could have done something differently. Yes we left Oakly because it was clear we failed, what did you expect us to die trying!?" Killjoy argued as she glared at everyone. "Wishing for results from an impossible outcome." She chuckled "and we can all blame me for all I care, but it's not getting him back." She looked at Tavi and Kasey " even as soldiers, you two must understand that right?" She said walking into the dining all "I'm hungry, I'm going get something to eat while all of you create a hate circle and eventually maybe come to a decision on what to do next." The door close behind her. Luna clinched her fists "as much as I hate to say it, she is right, what could we have expected?" She said quietly "I hate the fact that Oakly isn't back as much as all of you, but Killjoy isn't someone to just give up until exhausting all possible options. So now it's up to us as a whole, if we are to get Oakly back, the only option we have is a large scale assault to end this."

"Agreed, Kasey, start-" Trax began but was cut off unexpectedly, "Don't even start, I don't care you how strong you are, don't even pretend to take any kind of Leadership." Tavi's words were like arrows to his chest, cold and stern, she moved across the room to Kasey. "Let's start talleying our forces and resources, you and Killjoy had a plan, lets fine it down." Kasey nodded with great respect as he sensed the leadership her tone came with, his Mother had switche back to her former glory again. Trax watched them head off in conversation, he noticed Hazel still stuck in a death-like trance, he thought about saying something but decided against it, "The rest of the supplies should be here shortly, I'll go make sure sure their sorted and paid for." He said monotonously before flickering away. Vi ran off with determination on her face, heading towards Father Shades Armory. Hazel felt her legs give out as she fell to her knees, tears streamed down from her eyes, "Its all my fault.... they took him cause I couldnt protect him.... I couldn't...."

"Anything you'd like in particular?" Stryker asked as he came out from the kitchen, his wounds were but scars now thanks to Hazels ability. His eyes searched Killjoy with an analytical stare, sense a change in behavior and movement, he took a guess at what must have happened. So this is Her?

Killjoy looked at Stryker "something unhealthy and artery clogging with lots of fat and gravy. Something that will fill me with absolute regret." She said chuckling before sighing "I'm finally free, but for some reason all urge to do what I've spent years longing to do is gone. It's that stupid Vampire's fault, it was after that brawl...it's like my brain was hit in the right place and now, everything is...together." She huffed "I guess that figures..." she thought for a moment "oh and the stiffest drink you git to go along with the meal, the bottle will do, I don't know why I even try, my body doesn't allow me to get drunk anymore...also a cigarette if you got them."

Stryker eyed her for moment before nodded his head and vanishing into the kitchen. A few minutes later he appeared with a few plates of gravy lathered fried steaks, thin fried potato slices, and burgers. He then pulled out a square glass bottle with scandian writing on the label, "Wyvern Scoth Whiskey, imported from the isles of Scandia, said to be brew from from the lake where the Wyverns come every hundred years to drink from." He announced as Trax walked in. "Excellent, pour me a glass before she drinks it all then." He said before taking a seat and laying out a few ledgers to work on. Stryker poured him glass and slid it to him before setting down a few cigarettes and a lighter for Killjoy. Trax caught the glass with ease and gave it a whiff, "Now that's whiskey."

"That it is..." Killjoy said quietly as she sighed. She pulled the plate if steaks close to her before grabbing a fork. She took the dagger out of it's sheath, she slid the blade across the meat as it passed through as if the meat was made of water. "I'm guessing you're in here for a reason then, you don't normally accompany me willingly so I assume you wish to talk about plans." She said putting the piece of steak into her mouth. "Or maybe you were told to keep an eye on me by your so called "siblings" because of what is happening right now, ugh why does it matter, even if they did, why would tell me about it?" She took a massive bite out a burger, not bothering to chew much as she swallowed and taking another bite. She downed one burger is a matter of seconds before moving on to the next, and the next. In all her years, she was never graceful with her meals, nor generous. Like a ravenous animal, her teeth tore through the cooked flesh, it reflected her past of never letting anything go to waste, even in a house if luxury. Though Luna tried hundreds of times to teach Killjoy table manners, it was all in vain.

Trax shook his head, "None at all. Actually, I'm pretty sure I relate to you more than anyone else here at the moment. Which I'm not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing." He sighed reluctantly, the stress of family bonds seemed to wear him down most of the time, but were a force behind his newfound prowess.