Radio Promotion day! [Open]

RiddleOfSteel

eqSuoKM.png

He had spent the late morning setting up his small booth in the town square. The parent radio station in Manehattan had sent along all kinds of cheaply made free goodies to hand out as well as some concert tickets to give away as prizes for the days trivia competition. He had a small broadcast set up that linked back up with the station and tower on the hill outside of town. He had to rely on the digital back ups of the stations collection but he still much prefers actually using the piles of traditional media he had collected over the last few years. 

Sitting down on the stool he began the broadcast. "Good morning ponyville its your pal Fm Eddy here on the dial at 96.7 The Record Stack! I am here in the town square of our lovely little burg with all kinds of goodies to give away as well as some concert tickets to The Sword playing at the Hollow club in Manehattan all expenses paid of course, the tickets come with a one night stay at the lovely Gem Set hotel and a meal on us at the after party" He set up the set list as he spoke. "all you need to do is come down and get some trivia right, and while we wait how about something off The Swords newest album high country." 

Sitting back on his fold up chair he pushed sunglasses up on his nose with a hoof and waited.

OOC info on posts

-There will be links to songs in the song titles

-Most if not all will be metal of some kind it is the radio stations moteif

-Be good to each other! and Party on dudes! [Guitar Riff]

Staff note: All media in Equestria is either analog or magical, so chances are FM Eddy would get a chance to use his traditional media!

Sky Sailing wasn't usually up at this hour.  Oh, he was awake, usually, but insomnia did not an active pegasus make.   His active and productive hours were primarily nocturnal, but even then he went through life half-asleep.  If he wasn't self-employed as an independent musician and portable recording studio operator, there was no way he'd be able to get away with his irregular sleep schedule.

That said, when he heard the broadcast from his cloud house, his ears perked up.  He'd let it drift over to Manehattan, in hopes of finding independent artists looking for a studio to cut demos or release EP's, and hearing the DJ over the broadcast, he figured he might as well drift down and take a chance.  Not like he was going to sleep anyway.  So, the sky-blue stallion dropped in front of Eddy's booth, yawning and blinking as he rubbed his mousy-brown mane.  "What was this about trivia?  I heard something about a Sword's show."

eqSuoKM.png

Eddy sat up in his seat more when the Pegasus landed in front of his humble little booth. "Well since your the first to show up your free to take one of the trucker hats over there and one of the pocket radios, but as for the trivia the question is!" He cleared his throat dramatically. "What was The Swords first demo?" He read off a small index card that he had pulled from the inside of his vest. It was a fairly easy question if you were a fan of the band in question, the band hadn't been around that long.

cnknfyT.jpg

Throughout Ponyville Discord was leaving a little touch of himself behind amongst the citizenry, all considering he was tucked behind a more mobile disguise which hardly guised his intentions, but it gave a light-hearted effort to his actions. Shaped as the scrawny repairpony, apprenticed to the local repairpony he was working on some piping that would dispense gravy to to a buffet for the local diner. He had somehow crossed the pipe with the chocolate milk dispenser leaving pony to have a bit of milk with their mashed potatoes. Alas the new feature had to stay. He was out of pipe! Before heading out it seemed the local radio station was holding some sort of contest. Leave it to the spirit of er -- repairs, to be interested in challenges.

The slackjawed, grey pegasus ambled his way down the road until he came upon the setup. His toolbelt was still wrapped around his face and the ruby eyed fixer fixated upon the peculiar objects. Now music the noodle could dig, despite his form, but what were all these curious goods? He wasn't much into the whole scene, as it were. Even if Cabby looked much younger than his other shapes, the spirit we as old as can be and a bit stale whn it came to the types of music that didn't make him cringe. Despite his chaosiness he was still a rather classical fellow enjoying the finer things in life.

“Was all this?” Cappy lisped through his bucked teeth. “Ah thought was a contest?” He pondered.

It seemed it was some sort of Trivia, for music? Goodness he hasn’t really listened to music properly since Beethooven so this was a new experience.

eqSuoKM.png

Eddy looked at Cappy after he had given the first trivia question to Sky Sailing. "Hold on a moment the song is almost over I gotta address the listeners!" He put a tape into the deck he had brought with him for the broadcast in the town square before he turned the mic on. "Its 96.7 the record stack with all your classic rock and HEAVY METAL hits! the leaves are changing the wind is getting colder." He pressed play on the deck and the tape played a wind sound effect. "To fit this months theme we have  VISIGOTH  with BLOOD SACRIFICE .He looked back at the repair pony with a smile. "yeah its a trivia contest I have three tickets for The Sword show in Manehattan at the Hollow club, feel free to take a hat and a radio from the table, a sticker or two if you like! there are three sets of two tickets I get to give away if ponies get the questions right!" He plucked the tickets from his inside pocket that were in a beige envelope. "So your trivia question is!" He cleared his throat dramatically. "What is the name of the first song on The Swords new Album High Country?" 

"Um..."  Sky's brow furrowed at the supposedly easy question.  In truth, he was pretty far removed in his own musical production from The Sword's, he only knew the band from the fact that his co-workers would play their album during his shifts back when he worked at the Cloudsdale Cold Storage.  "Was it... Age of Winters?"  That seemed correct.  Or it may have just been free-association from frozen memories.  And memories of being frozen.

Oh well, at least he got a hat and radio out of the deal, no matter how things turned out.  He'd probably end up disassembling the little machine for parts, but still.  Free Stuff!  He smiled, turning to the new guest.  "I can't say I know what it's about myself, but hey, wasn't as if I was going to sleep anyway. Might as well try something out, you know?"

eqSuoKM.png

"Alright! you got the first pair of tickets and your after party passes!" He opened the small envelope and gave the tickets and a pair of passes on lanyards to Sky. "See you at the show this weekend! bring whoever you want and have a fun time." He looked down at the time on the song he had put on he would have to change songs soon. "while your here got any requests?"

"Oh, thanks."  Sky smiled.  It wasn't that he wasn't enthusiastic, it was that he was soft-spoken in general.  Far from the sort of pony to dive into the mosh pit, he would likely take a seat in the bleachers, and barely make himself known at the party, unless whoever he ended taking with him was more extroverted.  Still, music was music, and he had his favorites in all genres.  "Requests?  Anything from Sabaton's latest LP, if you don't mind."

pFIDbFv.png

Cappy listened on and reached for one of the hats. He was lucky his head was bald because the cap slid right on. He popped his ears out the sides and wiggled the floppy folds. he looked between the two as they laid out trivia and no one seemed against this game. It gave the disguised chaos god a sense of jealousy. Even so it did not prevent him from clapping his hooves together at the stallion's victory. 

"Hey, how can ya do this trivia stuff so easily? I mean just tickets fer the prizes?" He spoke wit ha lisp through his bucked teeth. he seemed a bright fellow, though bright seemed more an association with his personality as he seemed to tap the presented radio prizes with a sense of confusion. "I've never heard of any of these bands, where did you attain all that knowledge on 'em?" He looked to Sky, genuinely curious. Of the many things he did know about ponies -- their music wasn't one!

• 3 weeks later...

eqSuoKM.png
Eddy piped up as he set up the next song to play over the air. "well its all part of the same genre of music, ponies talk when they meet in record stores across the land, spread info by word of mouth and listen on the radio." He sat back down in his fold up chair. "so do you want to answer a question for tickets or what?" The next song came on.

Sky cocked his head a bit at the next song, a curious look on his face.  Didn't sound familiar, but then, it probably wasn't turn for his request yet.  Shrugging, he turned to the buck-toothed newcomer, smiling.  "Oh, one of my co-workers was a fan, back before I quit my job to make music full-time.  Not my favorite genre, I'll admit, but music is music, and it always helps a musician to know what's considered good in every field."  Indeed, both Discord and Eddy would probably be able to tell from his soft-spoken nature that the Pegasus was not one of those who were born to to shred and scream.  But it takes all sorts to make a world; mellowheads as well as metalheads.

"Oh!  I don't think I introduced myself.  My name's Sky Sailing."  He held out his hoof for Discord to shake.

pFIDbFv.png

Music has certainly changed since his time, though it was still rather cacophonous in its nature. That he could appreciate. His floppy ears pricked up at the wailing noises, face contorting into that of confusion. Clearly he lacked a certain taste in music, but it was given. Be it attributed to the country bumpkinesque nature he portrayed, or the ancient state of chaos he was given to -- the disguised spirit certainly could not repair this problem! He suppsoed he could try this little contest though. The spirit, no matter his form, did love challenges. He knew everything from the beginning to the end of time, so what would a little quiz be to his monumental experience? He eyed the pegasus who seemed hardly given to this sort of music. Fellow seemed scared of his own shadow. Heh... Folding his ears back the goofy looking, bald repairpegasus stood with spread wings He was ready!

"Alright!" He declared through a lisping muzzle. "gimme yer best shot. I bet I can answer anything!" It all seemed fantastic fun. He wondered how ponies partook in these -- musical festival. Concerts, huh? These mortal pastimes were quite intriguing and he always found himself drawn to these antics of theirs. 

eqSuoKM.png

"Which of the following song titles from various sword albums is a reference to a classic Conan The Barbarian story? A.How Heavy This axe B.Beyond the Black River C.Maiden, Mother And Crone, Or D. Barael's Blade ?" It was a pretty good question as it required for you to be a reader of the things that themed this kind of music as well as just a fan of the band it self. The next Song came on.

Archived