[Cloudsdale] Leaving Cloudsdale

Nahima

Winter had been sent away for another season, making way for Spring to wrap its warmth around Cloudsdale. Even though all of Cloudsdale made weather, it was a special season when winter could be tucked away for another year. Every Spring new life gets pumped into the hearts of all the ponies. When Cloudsdale started its march into Spring the rest of the Equestria soon followed.

Even with all Cloudsdale's hussle and bussle of changing the weather, there was one Pegasus pony had something else on her mind. She ran around her small clouded bedroom in a blur as she went from closet to dresser to saddle blue bags and back again. She would only stop for a moment to check a clip board resting beside her bags.

"I think I have just about everything..."She said confidently.

"Did you pack enough quills and scripture?" A soft voice rang from the door way.

"Yes, I double and triple checked mother," Nahima switched her tail.

"Don't get so huffy, this is a wonderful journey you are about to take." Her mother walked over to her daughter and gave her a gentle nudge.

Nahima stomped her hooves on the floor, "I'm a bit anxious, I want to do my best."

"And you will. Your cutie mark proves that." Her mother motioned to Nahima's flank. "Being a writer is in your soul. You will do fine. Now hurry up, there are a few ponies that want to see you off." Her mother said as she exited the room.

She watched her mother exit the room and then turned her attention back to her bags.

Her whole life was going to be in those bags for the next several months. Knowing this, she gave her room one last look over. With a small nod to herself and her list, she slid the bags onto her back.

Nahima felt the full weight of the bags for the first time. It finally dawned on her how heavy this journey really was going to be.