[Canterlot] Down in the Deep Archives (Closed)

SilverMint

Silver Mint

Silver Mint noticed Stardream's hesitation. "Hey, we can't let this Archivist character get to us..." he said softly "Whatever's going on, we're just going to have to stick together. Right now, we need to get regrouped and try to get ourselves out of here." he gave her a reassuring nod, and headed off towards the entryway.

"Midnight! Midnight? Can you hear us? Where are you?"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midnight read was still in the corridor, she had given up on trying to run away. She lit up her horn and gasped. She turned her head but there was no escape. Somehow, she had become trapped in bookcases.

"This isn't possible...I came running down a corridor there is no way those bookcases are there" She thought to herself, her thoughts were interrupted by shouting. Midnight turned her head towards the sound.

"Midnight! Midnight? Can you hear us? Where are you?"

"I'm here!" She shouted, the shouting still went on, "Could they hear her?" She wondered, not giving up Midnight continued to try and shout back.

Arcana remained quiet. There wasn't anything for her to say at the moment, not while she was still a little unsure of the capabilities and secrets of this Archivist or of these ponies around her for that matter. She'd just observe for now.

She could hear the filly they left behind calling out to them. Navigating back to her in the pitch darkness was quite difficult, but it seemed at the very least they were making progress back to her.

The Archivist

The Archivist observed as Strife continued to buck away at the brick walls. The exhaustion was apparent, and now was the time for the coup de grace. The wall cracked and collapsed, sending up a billow of dust, revealing a darkened room with a single shaft of light coming down from the ceiling onto a small podium, on which sat a small golden trinket, oddly shaped, and able to fit in one's hoof.

"The knowledge you seek is this: We all put up walls to protect us from those who would try to harm us, but those same walls would keep those out who desire to care for us. Bring down the walls, Strife, and allow yourself some vulnerability to those you would trust. Take the object. It will help you on your way."

---

Silver Mint

They galloped on, into the darkness, where they found Midnight Read, "Midnight! Are you alright?"

Strife was trying to catch her breath when the wall collapsed, coughing as the dust settled she got back up on her hooves, looking down the room, she noticed a podium, walking toward it, she heard the Archivist talk again

"The knowledge you seek is this: We all put up walls to protect us from those who would try to harm us, but those same walls would keep those out who desire to care for us. Bring down the walls, Strife, and allow yourself some vulnerability to those you would trust. Take the object. It will help you on your way."

Strife walked toward the trinket and eyed it over ''And I'm supposed to believe this isn't trapped whatsoever?'' she stepped back and looked around the room, multiple thoughts swearling her mind, but none really convinced her to take it, for one, how could a trinket help her, its just a trinket after all, it cant break down mental barriers, could it?

she sat down, deciding to think and wait until perhaps the others caught up to her.

Stardream followed Silver Mint, hearing the Archivist words and wonders who he was and how he know about what she could do. What game was he playing, did he know all her secrets? Stardream was relieved to hear Midnight was okay but worried about Strife that run off, hoping she was okay.

She followed the sound of her voice, working to get closer to the mare... even silently asking the stars for help.

((OOC so sorry for the delayed response :blush: ))

Arcana wasn't really sure what to say at first. She didn't have any concern for these ponies per say. She was far more intrigued by the ominous Archivist who watched them. Finding the filly safe, the other mare running off to find the guard, none of it really struck her as very interesting. Still she stayed back with the filly and stallion, waiting to see how things developed.

"The pony who now monitors us seems capable of some rather potent magics. Some manner of clairvoyance spell which he uses to learn about us..." Arcana started in a low voice. "He means to dig deep and get under our coats, but do not be taken in with his subterfuge. True omniscience is a fallacy."

((My apologies for the late reply as well. Saturday and Sunday are full work-days for me.))

Silver Mint

"...True omniscience is a fallacy." Arcana said. Silver Mint wasn't sure he believed her. No one knew about the worries he had about the true nature of his dual-mask cutie mark, except his sister, Crystal Pedigree to whom he had written letters, and she wouldn't have told anyone, much less some unknown pony calling himself The Archivist. "I just want to know why we were brought here, and what this Archivist intends to do with us. There has to be a way out of here, and that's what we need to focus on... however, if we find the information we're looking for on the way, I certainly won't complain about that." he looked over the small group. It was an odd collection of ponies to say the least.

"C'mon, now that we're all together, let's follow Stardream and get to the Guardsmare; see if she found a way out. Hopefully she's safe, too."

They followed behind Stardream, their hooves echoing in the dark, stone chambers. Silver Mint was never one for awkward silences. "Arcana, is it? I understand that you're looking for power, but what do you hope to achieve with it?" he asked, as kindly as he could. While there was some deal of suspicion behind the question, he was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. However, if this Arcana was a dangerous character... it may be best if she was left behind when the others found their way out.

If they found their way out...

( I guess I'll post, was waiting on the others)

Strife didn't hear the voice calling out to her until the very last moment, she turned to face the hole in the wall where she was previously trapped ''Over here!'' she called out waving one of her hooves in the air ''haven't found an exit yet, this archivist has this place locked up'' she sighed and sat down, peering at the trinket why is it so tempting to take, part of his plan, or is it just the hope of something helping me? Strife managed to banish these thoughts yet again, but wondered herself for how long.

((ooc: also not really sure it's my turn, but I'd hate to see this thread die :( ))

Arcana nodded when the stallion suggested looking for the others. She followed after him, still not saying anything until he spoke to her directly. She hated how he knew her name. This Archivist had really messed her up. Usually she preferred to give out false names when dealing with ponies who didn't mean anything to her. She sighed and gave a reluctant nod. How did she reply to that? Boldly announce that she sought the strength to change the world order? Make clear her plans to tear down the Equestria she felt scorned by? Obviously not! A lie, or at least a half truth, was the only solution for this matter.

"I mean only to use my power to best my enemies. Those who have scorned me. It shall not be used to harm innocents," Arcana answered hurriedly.

• 2 weeks later...