[Germaney] A trip, Unter-grund [Invite-Only]

Halide

Gilda chuckled as the mare walked off to get them some more drinks. After that exhausting bit of slam dancing, it was nice to get a chance to catch her breath. The evening really seemed to be going well. Gilda really didn't do this kind of thing very often, but she was pretty sure she hadn't embarrassed herself just yet. No, she had kept her natural cool and done her best to blend in in this place where she stuck out like a sore talon. She had had a pretty fun time too, thanks in large part to how she clicked with this pegasus. She was beginning to think she should try and find this kinda action more often.

She watched as Ignition went to get her drinks. She wasn't close enough to hear what was ordered, and if she had been it probably wouldn't have done her any good anyway due to the language. She trusted the mare's judgment though. Sure, the first few drinks had all been varying levels of crazy, but on her own she'd be picking things at random. Ignition certainly had a better idea what was good here. Which was good, as all that moshing had given her quite the thirst. She'd be happy to refresh herself with a drink or two more. Following that, who knew? More drinking, more dancing, something else entirely? Whatever it was, Gilda was ready.

[colour=#FF0000]"Heh, man, it feels good to be back here... So, you still having fun?" [/colour]

The griffoness smirked and gave a subtly nod. "[colour=#996699]Yeah, I think so. This pony club of yours really ain't so bad,"[/colour] she said with a shrug. She was having a little more fun than she let on, but it was always in her nature to play things cool.

[colour=#996699]"That mosh pit was fun and the drinks aren't so bad either," [/colour]Gilda added.[colour=#996699] "I'd say it's been a pretty good time."[/colour]

Grinning a little more earnestly, she gave a snicker. [colour=#996699]"How about you? Holding up well, or has it all been too much for you?"[/colour] she asked.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"[colour=#996699]Yeah, I think so. This pony club of yours really ain't so bad. [/colour][colour=#996699]That mosh pit was fun and the drinks aren't so bad either," [/colour]Gilda added.[colour=#996699] "I'd say it's been a pretty good time."[/colour]

There was a miniscule part of Ignition, tucked deep away in it's own little corner, that was throwing a tiny but incredibly cheerful little whoop of delight. She was cool and her new friend was having fun! A far less reserved pony might have had reason to grin, perhaps even with a little noise of delight. But that was not Ignition. Ignition was more the sort to nod and smile rather than burst into foalish merriment.

But, Gilda was still teasing just a bit, snickering behind her beak. [colour=#996699]"How about you? Holding up well, or has it all been too much for you?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Pffft. Puh-lease. Too much would've been taking dukes with that big bad Bluterguss they had on stage. This is just raw fun, in it's best rough-and-tumble form."[/colour] And, with that, the drinks in question arrived - two familiar, slightly luminescent rainbow drinks, and the thick, deep green dark rivers, one of which Ignition took quickly enough and started in on, taking a long sip of the larger drink. However, she continued her conversation unphased - the drink in question simply wasn't all that strong in flavor or potential potency. It was some sort of coffee-like substance, though ginseg and a few acridic flavours dulled the usual flavor, while the texture itself was thickened with some sort of protein powder, served at around room temperature. It at least offered some form of sustinance, and thus wasn't entirely meant to be harsh.

[colour=#ff0000]"At least, the best I've found. ...Say, what do you do for fun, anyway?"[/colour] And so the conversation's focus turned from pegasus to gryphon, the tomboyish punk showing at least some curiosity in Gilda's actual lifestyle. After all, they were similar enough to both enjoy the same unorthodox brutish behavior, maybe they had other things in common to boot.

[colour=#FF0000]"Pffft. Puh-lease. Too much would've been taking dukes with that big bad Bluterguss they had on stage. This is just raw fun, in it's best rough-and-tumble form."[/colour]

The griffoness gave a small laugh. She'd certainly agree with this assessment. This was just a fun time--a harmless, fun time. Well, maybe not entirely harmless--that would be exceedingly lame. Still, there were a lot of stupider choices out there for a night's entertainment than drinking and dancing with a friend. Gilda knew; she had tried a good number of them.

Speaking of drinking, It was about then that the drink order arrived. Gilda recognized the familiar stingers immediately, but there were some green drinks accompanying them which were new. Ignition went for this and started to sip it down--Gilda observed--to no ill effects. Gilda shrugged and grabbed hers, bringing it toward her as the pony started to speak some more.

[colour=#FF0000]"At least, the best I've found. ...Say, what do you do for fun, anyway?"[/colour]

She was kind of surprised by the question. Pony hadn't really asked her much about herself yet. She supposed she had it coming. How to respond though? What could she tell this pony about? Perhaps about the time she entered that lame pony race to prove her prowess? Or maybe about the time she teamed up with that ridiculous, featherbrained pony adventurer to steal an ancient artifact and ended up getting tossed into an Aquelian prison until she was able to break free? Nah, she doubted a pony like this would really give a flying feather about either her athletic pursuits or her delinquency... and besides, both those stories ended up with her getting the short end of the stick and were filled with more than their fair share of stupid.

Gilda wasn't very interested in telling lame stories anyways. No, she was there to drink and chill. She was pretty sure Ignition's interests for the evening were about the same. She wasn't going to bother with any of the stupid tonight. Instead she shrugged and took a sip of the green stuff in front of her. She recoiled slightly at it, but mostly because it didn't meet her expectations. It didn't numb or singe her poor beak like the other drinks. It actually tasted okay, if kinda odd. She wasn't sure she was cared too much for the texture of it, but, eh, it wasn't so bad all things considered.

[colour=#996699]"Eh, whatever I want really,"[/colour] Gilda answered as she put the drink back down. [colour=#996699]"I fly around looking for excitement--lame ponies to harass for kicks, easy bits to be made, chances to show off my aerial skills, y'know, that kinda general mischief. Really ain't much of a set plan for any of it,"[/colour] she said in a relaxed way as she drank some more of the green drink.

[colour=#996699]"So, what about you? You stomping around places like this every night?"[/colour] she opted to turn the question around with a laugh. [colour=#996699]"Also, what is this exactly?"[/colour] she added, glancing toward the unfamiliar drink. [colour=#996699]"Kinda strange, but not so bad."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Eh, whatever I want really..[/colour][colour=#996699]. Ain't much of a set plan for any of it,"[/colour] It felt like something of a dodge. ...Was Gilda sketchier than she thought? No, sketchy types usually had better stories with less ambiguity to them. Maybe the gryphon was novice-sketch? Nah, she seemed too cool for that. And, that aside, Ignition was too cool to be a nosy snoop - at least, in this sort of atmosphere.

[colour=#996699]"So, what about you? You stomping around places like this every night?"[/colour] another laugh from the gryphon, and then, attention turned back to the drinks. [colour=#996699]"Also, what is this exactly? [/colour][colour=#996699]Kinda strange, but not so bad."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"What, that? Dark River, it's basically coffee meet protein drink, with a bit of extra stuff to give it a little more kick." [/colour]Another long sip, a tiny shudder from the pegasus, and she set her half-finished drink aside, reaching for the stinger instead, switching between the two as she decided to divulge a little more about herself, even if Gilda didn't seem wholly willing to do the same.[colour=#ff0000] "As for me, this is what I do to really unwind. When I can't get here... well, that's usually where trouble starts. Spraypainting buildings, egging a few houses, maybe lifting a few bits here and there, and giving the local law a run for their money." [/colour]A smirk and a laugh from the flighty mare, her vivaious mane finally settling back into place with another flick of her head.[colour=#ff0000] "Other'n that, though... Exploring, flying around, playing guitar, maybe a few high-speed runs through manehatten or fillydelphia. Not exactly livin' it large, but hey, I'm free as I wanna be, and that's good enough for me."[/colour]

With that, Ignition kicked back a full half of the stinger, her face twitching just a bit from the liquid's electrical shock.[colour=#ff0000] "Mngh... whew! So, looks like Überpferd is done for tonight... Wonder if they'll keep going without him." [/colour]Her glass tipped briefly to the star of the night - the oversized earthpony stumbling offstage amidst a few hearty cheers from those who were there to watch, and a few less-intimidating contestants took the stage. Ignition got a brief gleam in her eye, the wheels in her head turning quietly, but she quickly reminded herself she still had a sage, far away, that she needed to finish in a few days' time. Gilda might catch said gleam, that visceral little flame in her silver iris that told her to take the chance, but the pegasus doesn't act on it. She's still catching her breath, just a bit, and she hasn't finished her drink yet. That, and the night was getting on - the crowd was wandering out the doors in pairs and in small groups, leaving a little more room on the floor for the hardier patrons. It was still a few hours before the sun rose again, but it was definitely closer to sunrise now than sunset.

[colour=#FF0000]"What, that? Dark River, it's basically coffee meet protein drink, with a bit of extra stuff to give it a little more kick."[/colour]

Gilda nodded. That's about what it tasted like. She wasn't sure she cared for the taste overall, but it seemed like a killer thing to have before a race or something. In the middle of the night at a place like this she wasn't sure it was quite as valuable, though it would at least maybe give them a quick jolt back to their feet after the exhaustive dancing of earlier. Speaking of jolts, that other drink was staring her down now. She recalled the earlier experience with it and sighed. Welp, no avoiding it. As Ignition continued to talk, she began to sip at the stinger, making sure she took it nice and slow this time. Pacing herself, she found it really wasn't so bad to take.

[colour=#FF0000] "As for me, this is what I do to really unwind. When I can't get here... well, that's usually where trouble starts. Spraypainting buildings, egging a few houses, maybe lifting a few bits here and there, and giving the local law a run for their money. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Other'n that, though... Exploring, flying around, playing guitar, maybe a few high-speed runs through manehatten or fillydelphia. Not exactly livin' it large, but hey, I'm free as I wanna be, and that's good enough for me."[/colour]

Gilda smirked as the pony talked. Sounded like a lot of fun mischief. Nothing quite as ambitious as what she had tried to pull back at Talonopolis, but perhaps that was a good thing. It sounded like their ideas of a good time were pretty close together. Maybe Gilda was more serious about athletics, and this pony was more into music and stuff, but it seemed they were both troublemakers at heart. She really had never been able to relate to a pony more than this one.

[colour=#996699]"Sounds like we're in after a lot of the same kinds of fun and trouble,"[/colour] Gilda said with a smirk as she sipped more of the stinger down her beak. [colour=#996699]"Never quite met a pony I could say that for. It's kinda cool."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Mngh... whew! So, looks like Überpferd is done for tonight... Wonder if they'll keep going without him."[/colour]

Ignition made some more comments as she sipped her own Stinger and eyed the stage. Gilda followed her eyes to see the beast-like super pony stumble off stage, beaten pretty good from all the damage he had endured, only to be replaced by some relative lightweights. Her eyes then traced back to Ignition. She noticed almost instantly the way the pony continued to eye the stage. She wasn't thinking what Gilda thought she was thinking, was she? Gilda laughed. The pony had had her eyes on that stage more than a few time that night. Really there was little doubt...

[colour=#996699]"Heh. You're seriously after a brawl, aren't you?"[/colour] she started, chuckling some more. [colour=#996699]"Well, if you're looking to beat up on some ponies, you don't really have to give me too strong a push."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Sounds like we're in after a lot of the same kinds of fun and trouble...[/colour] [colour=#996699]Never quite met a pony I could say that for. It's kinda cool."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"What, you want to trade addresses or something?"[/colour] Ignition retorted with more than a touch of sarcasm in her voice, putting down her mug of drinksludge. However, she stopped short before actually mocking the idea - she didn't have that many friends with wings, and truth be told, Gilda was pretty fun to hang out with so far. [colour=#ff0000]"Cuz... you know, that'd probably be a good idea. Y'know, when we're ready to leave."[/colour]

There was a bit of a pause after that, Ignition's attention flitting back to the stage. The energy was quickly in decline, all the most enthusiastic boxers having had their rounds with the pretty huge earthpony that was currently laughing it up boisterously at the bar with a few new friends - Just because they'd gone casco-a-casco didn't mean they didn't respect or amuse eachother, after all. Maybe that was why this place was so popular - for all the shoulder-checking, the pounding rhythm and the brutish behavior, it was all in the name of unwinding and kicking back (or kicking flank, whichever).

[colour=#996699]"Heh. You're seriously after a brawl, aren't you?"[/colour] Added the amused gryphon. [colour=#996699]"Well, if you're looking to beat up on some ponies, you don't really have to give me too strong a push."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Hah, now you're over-estimating me. I'm not huge on the hitting. I'm more about dodging, weaving and outlasting. But, hey, if you wanna tag-team... I think they'd let a couple younger boxers get away with it."[/colour] And, with that, the pegasus poured the rest of her stinger into the rest of her dark river, and downed the ensuing slightly sparking mixture with a shudder. A grin, another flick of her mane, and Ignition jumped into the air, acting rather revitalized. [colour=#ff0000]"Wanna go earn some bruises?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"What, you want to trade addresses or something? [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Cuz... you know, that'd probably be a good idea. Y'know, when we're ready to leave."[/colour]

Gilda couldn't help but laugh at first at these comments. Was this pony serious? It was kinda a lame thing to say it, at least as she had. After a second, Gilda shrugged it off though. It was a sign that Ignition wanted to meet her again. That was cool, she supposed. It wasn't like she couldn't say the same thing. The whole "friend" thing hadn't gotten her all too much in the past, but she liked the chances with this pegasus that things would be different. She really couldn't see Ignition just suddenly going lame on her one day like certain others had.

[colour=#996699]"Heh. That might be kinda tough, but I'm sure we'll work it out," [/colour]she said quietly, smirking. She didn't actually have much in the way of a permanent address. There was her parents' place back in Talonopolis, but she hadn't been there in years and due to recent events there wasn't keen on even visiting the city. Other than that, there were just places she crashed in various places all over the place. Reliable contact information was in kinda short supply for her. She'd deal with that later though. Other things were first in her mind.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hah, now you're over-estimating me. I'm not huge on the hitting. I'm more about dodging, weaving and outlasting. But, hey, if you wanna tag-team... I think they'd let a couple younger boxers get away with it. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Wanna go earn some bruises?"[/colour]

The griffon snickered and shook her head.[colour=#996699] "Bruises? Heh. Like any of these slow, lame ponies can lay a lousy hoof on me,"[/colour] she spoke with confidence, sipping her stinger as she did.

[colour=#996699]"Don't you worry either. It'd be my pleasure to handle most of the hitting,"[/colour] she added, laughing a mischievous laugh. [colour=#996699]"So yeah, I'm game if you are. Let's go kick some flank."[/colour]

She finished off her drink and stood. [colour=#996699]"I'm ready," [/colour]she said, stretching her wings out and clenching her talons.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#996699]"Bruises? Heh. Like any of these slow, lame ponies can lay a lousy hoof on me. Don't you worry either. It'd be my pleasure to handle most of the hitting."[/colour]

And so the plan was set - the pegasus for weaving and taunting, the gryphon for straight aggression. [colour=#ff0000]"Sounds like a plan!” [/colour]And, to Ignition, it was a pretty good plan. So, rather than draw things out any further, Ignition led their way to the stage, rolling her wings as she walked, loosening up a bit with a deep breat.[colour=#ff0000] “[/colour][colour=#ff0000]Sie! Wer von euch Pferde denkt du bist stark genug, um auf ein paar Mädchen nehmen?" (Hey! How many of you horses think you're strong enough to take on a couple of girls?)[/colour] The blazen pegasus called, flicking her head towards Gilda as she approached, trying to taunt their way into getting accepted as a duo - one didn't exactly ask politely when it came to clubside pugilist matches. But, neither of the two were exactly huge or imposing, and both were young enough for it to seem fair - no objections were made, and so they were allowed onto the stage.

The fact that both Ignition and Gilda were wound up on adrenaline, caffeine and lesser herbal extracts would definitely give them an edge over the sleepier, less-experienced pugilists. Ignition took first bouts, dancing between thrown kicks and bucks, keeping her hooves on the ground and using her wings more for balance and distraction than anything else. Once she'd worn out her reserves of quick-stepping and befuddling opponents, she'd tap out for Gilda to pressure their wearier opponents out of the match; the two made for a reasonably formidable combo. However, Ignition got over-confident, and started trying to wear down her opponents a little further, and paid for that with a few smarting hoof-shaped bruises to the chest and sides, leaving Gilda to face more riled-up boxers rather than worn-down ones. She might take a few hefty hits herself, being a larger target than Ignition simply by the nature of her species. But, for all that the two had been pushing their stay, there was no real ill-will in the air, nor would anything get out of hoof.

It would be a fairly entertaining spectacle, but Ignition wasn't exactly an expert pugilist herself, and the revitalizing of the stage got enough ponies to put up their dukes that they'd eventually have to call it quits. By then, the dawn was slowly inching up towards the sky, the deep blue hue of the night slowly giving way to the gold and pink of a rising sun. At this point, Ignition's visibly sweating, panting for air with a wacky but tired grin on her, her wings lazily tucked against her back as she manages to start backing her way off-stage, deciding to end on a very near win rather than force herself and Gilda to swallow a direct loss at the hooves of the beefy, dull-horned unicorn that was next up. It had been a good way to spend the night, as far as the now-beat pegasus was concerned, but that was all the energy she had to throw around recklessly. [colour=#ff0000]“[/colour][colour=#ff0000]Ich bin raus, ich bin fertig, bitte![/colour][colour=#ff0000]”[/colour] She managed to call out, breathing heavily. With that, the blazen pegasus lowered her voice her attention turning more to her tag-team partner.[colour=#ff0000] “Sorry, but... how'bout we end... [/colour][colour=#ff0000]whew[/colour][colour=#ff0000], end on a high note, yeah? I'm not up to another round, unless it's - [/colour][colour=#ff0000]huff[/colour][colour=#ff0000] – it's against a cold shower. Heh. Nice work, though. You're pretty strong, hunh?” [/colour]

By now, the club was noticeably emptier than when they'd arrived, the floor now populated with worn out dancers and watchers, the improvised mosh pit more or less gone entirely. The waitresses were getting a little slower and somehow even more disinterested than before, still bringing orders around with no sense of immediacy. The tables were mostly empty at this point, and ponies were leaving with bags collecting under their eyes. It was the same club they'd walked into, but at this point, the crowd's energy had faded. The windows were just starting to glow, the bar a little brighter for the first few cloud-reflected rays of morning light. They could stay, of course, but there were scant hours before it would be time for everypony to clear out and leave, and Ignition was – from the looks of it – in no position to keep up the high-energy entertainment. Rather than simply try and steal all the air out of the room while dripping saltwater all over the floor, the pooped pegasus threw a satisfied grin at the gryphon, checking to see how Gilda was doing after it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Seldom did Gilda find herself in situations where she was expected to go all out against a pack of ponies in a fight, but needless to say she didn't really mind it so much. Sure, she was usually more the type to use her speed to fly away from the trouble she'd rustle up rather than plunging head first into a brawl, but that was she could, not because she was a coward. Nah, she didn't mind a good fight for a second if she stood a fair chance to win it, and having Ignition as her partner made her feel pretty good about their chances.

As the fights ensued, Gilda wasn't disappointed with how it all unfolded. Not that it was easy. No, the ponies they were up against meant business, and each one they knocked out cold just leant more fire to the rest. All the same, her and Ignition stuck to it and proved themselves to be quite the nice little combination. Ignition left them reeling with some fancy hoofwork and then she tagged in and struck hard and fast for the knockout. They worked through quite a few ponies that way, but in time it did start to get harder. Maybe they were just getting more tired, maybe they were getting too cocky with how they moved, maybe it was a little of both. Whatever the case Gilda soon found herself increasingly more aware of the sorts of bruises hooves could leave.

She was taking more blows, but she wasn't going to let herself get beaten so easily. Gilda had a lot of pride and more than that she wasn't going to let herself look bad, not to these ponies here and not to Ignition. That in mind, she kept with it and powered through. All the same, when Ignition opted to pull the plug at the sight of a burly unicorn with a dull horn, Gilda had no intention to fight the decision. She had had more than enough and was content to bow out while they were still ahead and the bruises didn't yet cover the majority of her frame.

[colour=#996699]"Sure. Don't have to ask me twice. It's nice to unload, but even the toughest griffons got limits, and I'm not stupid enough to wanna push against mine so hard,"[/colour] Gilda said with a laugh hanging her head. [colour=#996699]"This was a fun time, but it's fair to say we've had enough."[/colour]

The griffoness stepped back and gave a yawn. Looking around, she noticed the place had cleared out a lot. Heh, they had really been at it for a while it seemed. Time can move pretty quickly when your enjoying yourself she supposed. Now she was bruised and exhausted. She wasn't sure she had so much left in her.

[colour=#996699]"So what now?" [/colour]she started, looking back at Ignition and then around the club. [colour=#996699]"Doesn't look like there's too much energy left in this place..." [/colour]she gave a second yawn and shook her head. [colour=#996699]"Or this griffon for that matter..."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Sure. Don't have to ask me twice. It's nice to unload, but even the toughest griffons got limits, and I'm not stupid enough to wanna push against mine so hard,"[/colour] Gilda said with a laugh, her head lowered. [colour=#996699]"This was a fun time, but it's fair to say we've had enough."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah. I could definitely call it a night at this point." [/colour]The griffoness stepped back and gave a yawn, and it spread easily enough to the tired-out punkasus. Even the rebellious grew weary, after all. But, for all that she was rather sore and more than a little tired out, Ignition'd had one of the most fun nights she'd managed to scrounge up for quite a few months. Sure, she still had work to do way back west, but she could just show up to work on the stage a little late, work a little harder and a little longer, and still get it done on time. It wasn't pressing right now, and it wasn't anything she needed to worry about for hours yet to come.

[colour=#996699]"So what now?" [/colour]she started, looking back at Ignition and then around the club. [colour=#996699]"Doesn't look like there's too much energy left in this place..." [/colour]she gave a second yawn and shook her head. [colour=#996699]"Or this griffon for that matter..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Hey, you matched me for energy pretty much all night, that's something not a lot of ponies I meet get to say." [/colour]Was it a big surprise that Ignition was of the 'near-boundless energy' persuasion? No, probably not. At least she wasn't the hyper type of energetic pony; those could get old kind of fast, as far as Ignition was concerned. The worn-down pony just made her way back to an empty table and slumped down on a chair, rubbing the back of an ankle down her nose, trying to get some of the beaded sweat off her face.

[colour=#ff0000]"Whew... As for what now, I say we take five, catch our breath and then head out." [/colour] Ignition paused, her head craning around to look at a dimly-sunlit window, a bit of a smirk on her face when she realized she'd partied thursday night away, and it was well into Friday by now. [colour=#ff0000] "...Maybe find somewhere to crash. I don't think my wings are gonna carry me back to Cloudsdale right now, so... I'm thinkin' rent a room or something, or just hang out in the clouds." [/colour]With that said, Ignition's head turned back to face Gilda, a shrug accompanying the suggestion. About a third of a second later, she realised that some individuals might take that a fair bit more... 'personally' than she meant it to be, but she decided just to let that slip.

[colour=#ff0000]"Up to you, really."[/colour] She added, her voice dropping a bit in volume, a little more 'tired' seeping into her tone.. [colour=#ff0000]"Just make up your mind in the next, uh, hour'n a half. This place is gonna close for the morning sooner or later."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey, you matched me for energy pretty much all night, that's something not a lot of ponies I meet get to say." [/colour]

Gilda chuckled at the pony's statement and gave a smirk. [colour=#996699]"Proof right there you need to party with griffons more often,"[/colour] she said, nodding along cheerfully. [colour=#996699]"Not to say that your average griffon could really match me of course," [/colour]she added with a somewhat smug laugh.

[colour=#FF0000]"Whew... As for what now, I say we take five, catch our breath and then head out[/colour][colour=#FF0000]... Maybe find somewhere to crash. I don't think my wings are gonna carry me back to Cloudsdale right now, so... I'm thinkin' rent a room or something, or just hang out in the clouds. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Up to you, really. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Just make up your mind in the next, uh, hour'n a half. This place is gonna close for the morning sooner or later."[/colour]

The griffoness gave a shrug. [colour=#996699]"Hmm, well..."[/colour] she started, trailing off to think. Gilda wasn't exactly rolling in the bits. She was more used to sleeping just wherever most of the time but a nice, cozy room definitely had some real appeal. "[colour=#996699]Definitely ain't got the life left in my wings to carry me to that cloud city of yours,"[/colour] she said with a nod. Not that she was particularly eager to visit Cloudsdale; she hated going back to places where she had a history. it just resulted in a lot of stupid thoughts and feelings.

[colour=#996699]"I could go either way. I'm cool just roughing it and just nesting where I please; no stranger to that here," [/colour]she said, shrugging once more. [colour=#996699]"But if you're after comfort and want to shell out for a room, I wouldn't mind meeting you at least part of the way for it. Nice bed might be worth it after partying so hard all night."[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

"[colour=#996699]Definitely ain't got the life left in my wings to carry me to that cloud city of yours,"[/colour] Neither of them did, really, and it'd be painful to try. Painful and pointless, so heading out immediately was definitely on the list of things to skip. Ignition was down with that idea, for now. Not that she'd minded the flight out - it was scenic enough, and the weather was decent for a long fly. But now was simply not the time for that.

[colour=#996699]"I could go either way. I'm cool just roughing it and just nesting where I please; no stranger to that here," [/colour]Nesting? Gryphons did that? ...Neat. The idea of just mashing a bit of shrubbery into a reasonably comfy bowl had some charm to it, but she'd still rather hide in a cloud and wait 'till she was rested up.

However, Gilda wasn't finished yet. Another shrug, and the radical gryphon carried on. [colour=#996699]"But if you're after comfort and want to shell out for a room, I wouldn't mind meeting you at least part of the way for it. Nice bed might be worth it after partying so hard all night."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Meeting me partway? You almost make it sound like I'm off the hook for lighting that cannon." [/colour]Was the dyed pegasus' reply, a smirk crossing her face. She straightened up her slouch a bit, but only enough to hook a leg around the back of the chair. She figured they'd done enough of being on the same team to joke a little about that incident by now - just so long as she didn't try to shrug off the blame of it. Sure, she didn't like taking responsibility often, but here, well, she could make an exception. After all, Gilda was still technially the only witness (and her only alibi) for that particular mishap.

[colour=#ff0000]"Still... ah. It's been a good night, may as well make it all good, right? I'll get the room if y'want." [/colour]She'd skipped doing the math, but she figured she could shell out the bits for it all. The little velcro'd-on coinpouches she had tucked away under her wings still felt heavy enough for it, and they hadn't exactly been eating rich all night. [colour=#ff0000]"There's a handful of twenty-four hour type inns around here, li'l more tourist-friendly than this place."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#FF0000]"Meeting me partway? You almost make it sound like I'm off the hook for lighting that cannon." [/colour]

At this wry comment, Gilda broke into a grin. It had been such a long night... Gilda had seriously almost lost track of how it had started. The incident with the cannon nearly shooting her out of the sky felt like something from ages ago, blurred by the long night of partying. Gilda could only chuckle as she now thought back to that. That was really how this night began, huh? What a crazy night. Probably one of the wildest she could recall; definitely at least in the top five. Either way, it had certainly left her in a good mood.

[colour=#996699]"Well, you're still the one paying our bar tab,"[/colour] Gilda said bluntly, a smirk on her face.

[colour=#996699]"I figure that's enough to make us even. The room I don't mind splitting... unless of course you're feeling especially charitable. In that case, who am I to stand in your way,"[/colour] she added, snickering. If this pony was offering a free room, she wasn't the sort not to take advantage.

[colour=#FF0000]"Still... ah. It's been a good night, may as well make it all good, right? I'll get the room if y'want. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]There's a handful of twenty-four hour type inns around here, li'l more tourist-friendly than this place."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Sounds like a plan to me," [/colour]Gilda said, nodding. She gave another yawn and shook her head. [colour=#996699]"Yeah, I'm definitely ready to crash in a nice soft bed for a while," [/colour]she said. She really was feeling pretty drained.

Stretching her body and her wings, Gilda continued to speak, [colour=#996699]"I say we fly this coop before it gets any emptier and more depressing."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Well, you're still the one paying our bar tab, [/colour][colour=#996699]I figure that's enough to make us even. The room I don't mind splitting... unless of course you're feeling especially charitable. In that case, who am I to stand in your way?"[/colour] A smirk and a touch of a laugh. Yeah, it'd been a good night, and Ignition managed a titter of amusement in response, followed by another contented sigh. [colour=#996699]"...[/colour][colour=#996699]Yeah, I'm definitely ready to crash in a nice soft bed for a while, [/colour][colour=#996699]I say we fly this coop before it gets any emptier and more depressing."[/colour]

A glance back to the bar only served to reinforce Gilda's stance on the setting around them. The mosh pit was now a memory, the very few remaining dancers were clearly low on energy, and the staff were starting to hoist chairs onto tables. The stage was cleared off by now - which, actually, was pretty impressive; between the massive stallion before and the refreshed interest the feathered duo had managed to kick up, they'd managed to keep the stage matches going for hours after they usually ended. It'd be a night that the locals might talk about now and again in passing memory, even, though it still hadn't been enough of a show for anyone to throw them a few bits worth of successful bets afterwards. But still, the very slight glow on the horizon said that it had been an all-night party, and that was something to be enjoyed in its own right.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hey, who's depressing? We just partied hard all night and stuck it out where a bunch of hardcore germaney club-crawlers gave up!" [/colour]Ignition jeered, still tasting a bit of a high from their earlier victories and partying on. [colour=#ff0000]"Hahahaaaahhhhh... yeah, let's split." [/colour]And, with that, Ignition's attention turned to one of the few remaining drink-bringers[colour=#ff0000]. "Hoy, fräulein geld-vampir! Laden sie mich für unsere getränke, würden sie?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]"[/colour][colour=#330033]Ja, ja. Zwölf münzen und trinkgeld[/colour][colour=#330033], Tinte.[/colour]" [colour=#ff0000]"Danke[/colour][colour=#ff0000]." [/colour] Apparently, the waitress in question didn't like being called geld-vampir; money vampire, if Gilda cared to take an educated guess between the jangling of bits out from under Ignition's wing and the similarity in pronunciation. Shelling out a hoof-sized quantity of the golden coins from punk to goth, the tab was presumably paid, and Ignition kicked off her chair, getting back on her hooves. That taken care of, they could be on their merry way without ruining their reputations. Thus, Ignition stretched her legs out a bit, and with a bit of a trot in her step, she was heading once again for the stairs up and the dim glow of the very early morning, expecting Gilda to follow.

The fresh air outside might come as a nice repreive to the slightly musky, acrid air of the underground club - there was the smell of dew, and a somewhat refreshing chill in the air. Far off to the east, there was just the faintest golden and pink glow to the undersides of distant clouds, as sunlight below the horizon was bounced off of the distant collections of dew. The door-guards had since left, having little interest in barring entry to a largely emtpy and now-innocuous gathering place. For that matter, the little Germane town was quiet, with very few ponies on the streets. The occasional merchant might be spotted setting up their stall, and a few travelers might be heard in the distance, gathering themselves for the road ahead. Still, nobody bothered to bother anyone else just yet, as it was still much too early to be forcing others to socialize. The evening's party-going concluded, Ignition was feeling a bit of the strain she'd put herself through, getting well out of the doorway before stretching out her full wingspan. A bit of a groan escaped her, and a quiet click in her wing caused her to wince just a touch. But, it was no big deal, just a stretched-out joint popping back into place.

[colour=#ff0000]"Um... frack, where was it." [/colour]Murmured the bright-red pegasus, her head turning this way and that briefly.[colour=#ff0000] "...Right, I'm thinkin' we go with the Long-gallop inn[/colour]. [colour=#ff0000]That's pretty big with people coming in on their own schedules. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Shouldn't be too busy right now, either, so getting a room should be dead easy... [/colour][colour=#ff0000]I mean, if that's cool with you."[/colour] That was said mostly out of courtesy, though Ignition didn't expect Gilda to know enough about the Germane area to have any real prefferences. At the same time, though, she didn't want to march the gryphon around without any choice of her own.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey, who's depressing? We just partied hard all night and stuck it out where a bunch of hardcore germaney club-crawlers gave up!" [/colour]

Gilda chuckled at these words. [colour=#996699]"Guess you got a point,"[/colour] she said as she shook her head slightly and stretched her wings some more.

They really had had quite the night. The two of them had really shown these Germane pony punks how it was done, she'd say. Nothing but a successful night of partying, she had to say. It was done now though and she was more than ready to go.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hahahaaaahhhhh... yeah, let's split." [/colour]

Ignition was evidently on the same page. She went to have an exchange in Germane with one of the waitresses. Gilda didn't know the language, but she could discern enough from watching the scene that the pegasus was paying their tab. She could also discern from their speaking tones, that Ignition wasn't being entirely nice with it. The scene brought a smirk to her beak, which persisted as she followed the pegasus mare outside into the cool morning air. It felt pretty nice really; peaceful and clean, in sharp contrast to the atmosphere that permeated every aspect of Club Unter-grund. The sky above looked inviting; if she weren't so tired Gilda might just have flown up to greet it.

[colour=#FF0000]"Um... frakk, where was it[/colour][colour=#FF0000]...Right, I'm thinkin' we go with the Long-gallop inn[/colour]. [colour=#FF0000]That's pretty big with people coming in on their own schedules. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Shouldn't be too busy right now, either, so getting a room should be dead easy... [/colour][colour=#FF0000]I mean, if that's cool with you."[/colour]

Gilda shrugged at these comments. [colour=#996699]"Heh. Should be fine, I'd think. Not like I know any places myself out here,"[/colour] she replied readily. [colour=#996699]"My only preference is that we find a place that doesn't suck close enough that I'm not gonna pass out on the way there."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Other than that, I'm game for anything. Lead the way,"[/colour] she added with a chuckle.

[colour=#996699]"..My only preference is that we find a place that doesn't suck close enough that I'm not gonna pass out on the way there."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Other than that, I'm game for anything. Lead the way,"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Pfheh, this town isn't big enough for that long of a walk." [/colour]Came the blazen punk's somewhat off-handed reply, the pegasus trotting along at a fairly even canter. [colour=#ff0000]"Good thing, too. All that kicking and weaving kinda got to my legs... Totally worth it."[/colour] No, that was not sarcasm, that was a genuinely pleased statement from the spitfire pony.

And so Ignition led on, away from the apparent city center rather than towards it, pointed towards the sparsely-constructed northern edge of town, taking a compacted dirt road rather than the paved cobblestone which her hooves were distinctively clopping against. She didn't have much to say, instead just taking a few moments to let her body slowly relax while she let her mind focus on keeping memory on the remarkably fun evening that was soon to come to a close. Just her, her favourite nightclub, some fine drinks, some great music, some heart-pounding moments on-stage. All with her new friend... gryphon. It was then that Ignition rather suddenly realised that she'd just met, got in a shouting match, comiserated, flew halfway across equestria, drank, danced, fought and had a rather merry evening with someone with whom names had never been exchanged.

Ponies of more letters and words than actions might wax philosophical on that - the fact two personalities could be thrown into the face of adversity and action without so much as a formality or nuance. It was not a name, a history, or a title that was to be respected, but the actions and the motives of the individual. Not that the dye-laden pegasus paused to delve into such loquatious introspection.

[colour=#ff0000]"Y'know, it kinda just struck me that I don't know your name, and I guess I never gave you mine, either."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Pfheh, this town isn't big enough for that long of a walk. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Good thing, too. All that kicking and weaving kinda got to my legs... Totally worth it."[/colour]

Gilda chuckled at the pony's response. [colour=#996699]"Heh. Guess that's a relief,"[/colour] she said, hanging her tired head. [colour=#996699]"And I'd totally agree. The brawls were a blast..."[/colour]

The griffoness continued to reflect on the pleasant evening wordlessly as the pony lead her along. It truly had been a good time. Kinda sad it was over now. She would have to be sure and come back this way again sometime. She really could use more of this kind of fun in her life. it was refreshing, even if after so much of it was completely draining. She had this pony to thank for it too, this pony who proved once and for how cool ponies could be when they tried. Friendship had become a sort of silly idea to Gilda, who thrived on her own independence... but here, she was glad that for once she had made a pretty cool friend.

[colour=#FF0000]"Y'know, it kinda just struck me that I don't know your name, and I guess I never gave you mine, either."[/colour]

Gilda broke out into laughter at this sudden utterance. Was that right? Had they truly forewent the whole introduction deal? How ridiculous. So much energy spent with this new friend and Gilda didn't even have a name. Not that Gilda had an overabundance of use for names. It was just as easy for her to continue to call this new friend "pony" as she had. It was natural for her even when the name was known--she did this for a number of ponies, and while it might on the surface appear disrespectful, for Gilda this was actually one of the more endearing manners of address she used. After all, if Gilda was calling a pony "pony" it meant she didn't consider that pony to be a "dweeb", "loser", "lame-o", "featherbrain" or any of her other go to labels for those not in a favour. If being a pony was the only thing Gilda could find to hold against somepony, they were doing pretty good for themselves.

[colour=#996699]"Well I'll be... doesn't that beat all?" [/colour]Gilda started, laughing some more. [colour=#996699]"it's Gilda. Gilda the griffon,"[/colour] she said with a grin.

As the gryphon broke into something of a laugh, Ignition couldn't help but join in, chuckling along. Yeah, okay. There was something strange about the whole situation, but it was actually kind of funny - funny ha-ha, not just funny weird. [colour=#996699]"Well I'll be... doesn't that beat all?" [/colour]A bit more of a laugh, and soon enough, Ignition got an answer. [colour=#996699]"it's Gilda. Gilda the griffon,"[/colour] she said with a grin. Of course, it was only fair that the pegasus return her name in kind - so she did.

[colour=#ff0000]"Heh. Okay, Gilda it is. My name's Ignition." [/colour]Not much for shaking hooves, the bright-red pegasus just kept her relaxed, even pace up, returning the grin with an amused half-smile. [colour=#ff0000]"And don't worry. I don't think I'm gonna forget you're a griffon anytime soon." [/colour]She mentioned with a wink. It was a little awkward to be making introductions this late in the evening... or early in the morning, for that matter, but whatever. It didn't really matter, did it? Ignition certainly didn't think so, and she had her doubts that Gilda would remark otherwise.

However, Ignition wasn't exactly skilled at small talk - she was more about actions than words, music aside. She quieted down once again, vaguely hoping that Gilda'd take the proverbial 'reins' of the conversation for a change. She had the feeling she'd kind of been leading the whole evening, perhaps a bit bull-headedly. Not that the gryphon seemed to mind it terribly, but she was at this point running low on brain power - or power in general, for that matter. A stifled yawn managed to express her weary state, but she wasn't about to complain about it.

The destination in question might be seen in the distance if one focused their eyes well enough, a somewhat narrow brick-and-mortar building with a high pointed roof and a scattering of well-lit windows ahead. A sparse bustle of activity helped it stand out from the rest of the quiet town, though it hardly looked busy.

[colour=#FF0000]"Heh. Okay, Gilda it is. My name's Ignition." [/colour]

Ignition, eh? Considering they had met with Gilda being nearly immolated by canon fire, that made a lot of sense. Regardless, it was kinda cool to finally have a name to associate with the face. Gilda smirked and nodded. Yeah. It was pretty cool to make a friend like this.

[colour=#996699]"Got ya. Shouldn't be so hard to forget that one,"[/colour] she said with a well placed laugh.

[colour=#FF0000]"And don't worry. I don't think I'm gonna forget you're a griffon anytime soon." [/colour]

Gilda just sighed and shook at this piece of wit from the pony. Yeah, she supposed that was a kind of clumsy way of introducing herself, huh? The point was to emphasize she didn't use any sort of other name. She was just Gilda... but she was talking to Ignition, not "Ignition the Pony" here, so yeah, lame. Made the already awkward introduction even more awkward. She could recover from that though. She just blushed and felt kind of dumb for a while.

A few moments passed without Ignition saying anything as they continued toward a brick building in the distance. Wanting to disperse any remaining awkwardness, Gilda opted to make with the small talk. This wasn't something she had ever been particularly adept with, but eh, it was easier than keeping her beak shut at this point.

Giving a shrug she spoke up, [colour=#996699]"Heh. So... Ignition... you really seem to know this place well. You got that language of theirs all learned and everything. You must spend a lot of time out here, huh?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of quiet settled in the cool morning air; Ignition took the time to get a few deep, clean lungfuls of air in her. Refreshing, certainly, but hardly interesting. Not that it didn't do the pegasus a bit of good, but it hardly lent itself to commentary or conversation. Still, Gilda seemed to have that much covered, the mare turning her head once the gryphon spoke up.

[colour=#996699]"Heh. So... Ignition... you really seem to know this place well. You got that language of theirs all learned and everything. You must spend a lot of time out here, huh?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Guilty as charged!" [/colour]Was the somewhat chipper reply. [colour=#ff0000]"Dropped by this place one October about... six years ago, during their fall celebration. Snagged some great food, some really good drinks, and spent a couple of days just hangin' out for the party.[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]Kinda, heh... met somepony while I was here. Y'could say they, uh, motivated me to learn the language." [/colour]The red of her coat rather neatly hid the blush that might otherwise be visible on Ignition's face. Still, she didn't really peg Gilda as the type to want in on gossip or previous relationships, so she left it at that and hoped she wouldn't get grilled any further on it. [colour=#ff0000]"Got introduced to the nightlife here when I was old enough for it, and kinda got hooked on it, and that was pretty much that from there on out."[/colour]

And with that little explanation put out for any and all to hear - with almost nobody in earshot to hear it - the pegasus pressed on, the inn slowly filling more and more of the horizon as Ignition kept up her steady canter. [colour=#ff0000]"Not like this is the only place in the world to be, though... There anywhere in Equestria you keep up with?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Guilty as charged! [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Dropped by this place one October about... six years ago, during their fall celebration. Snagged some great food, some really good drinks, and spent a couple of days just hangin' out for the party.[/colour] [colour=#FF0000]Kinda, heh... met somepony while I was here. Y'could say they, uh, motivated me to learn the language. Got introduced to the nightlife here when I was old enough for it, and kinda got hooked on it, and that was pretty much that from there on out."[/colour]

Gilda gave a small laugh as the embarrassed pegasus admitted her reason for taking an interest in Germaney. A fair enough reason, Gilda supposed. For her romance was something even more illusive than friendship. Still, it wasn't like the idea was alien to her, and it was certainly a fair enough rationale. All the same, with the look on Iginition's face then, some mild teasing was fair game.

[colour=#996699]"Wouldn't have taken you for the particularly romantic type,"[/colour] she said, chuckling again. [colour=#996699]"Eh, guess it's as good a reason as any to learn a language though, and if it helps you enjoy places like that, it's gotta be worth it."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Not like this is the only place in the world to be, though... There anywhere in Equestria you keep up with?"[/colour]

Ignition let with another question as they continued to near the inn. Gilda nodded. Fair enough. Ignition hadn't been afraid to be a little open with her, so she could surely return the favour. She shrugged softly and glanced slightly upward.

[colour=#996699]"Well... back when I was a kid I thought your Cloudsdale was the coolest place ever. Being a fresh faced chick from Talonopolis obsessed with climbing high into the sky sent there to participate in a flight camp, the thought of a city in the clouds, made entirely of clouds was pretty sweet, even if parts of that camp got pretty unspeakably lame."[/colour] Gilda gave a short laugh then a longer sigh. [colour=#996699]"But... more recently I had a rather bitter falling out with one of my better friends from back then, and as a result i've kinda lost touch with it. Tend to avoid it these days."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"I tend to favour Las Pegasus now. The city never is very good for my bits, but they know how to do a pretty good time in some of the joints there,"[/colour] Gilda said shaking her head.[colour=#996699] "But, eh, I tend not to linger anywhere, really. Breakbeak, Manehattan, Stalliongrad.. there are plenty of reasonably interesting places to visit in pony land."[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Wouldn't have taken you for the particularly romantic type... [/colour][colour=#996699]guess it's as good a reason as any to learn a language though, and if it helps you enjoy places like that, it's gotta be worth it.[/colour][colour=#996699]"[/colour] Ignition bristled just a touch, more than a little defensive when it came to being teased about her passions. However, she stopped far short of getting her feathers in a twist over it, as Gilda was quick enough to come to an understanding of her past-tense interests. That was all well and good, really; Ignition might have been tired and worn down, but she was still a pretty hot-headed mare. But then Gilda changed subjects, and Ignition quickly let her very mild reaction subside, instead paying attention to the gryphon's own recount.

[colour=#996699]"Well... back when I was a kid I thought your Cloudsdale was the coolest place ever....even if parts of that camp got pretty unspeakably lame."[/colour] A laugh crossed her beak, but it gave way to a heavy sigh... Was that the "I don't want to talk about it" that'd been sidestepped before? [colour=#996699]"But... more recently I had a rather bitter falling out with one of my better friends from back then, and as a result I've kinda lost touch with it. Tend to avoid it these days."[/colour] Yeah, that was pretty probably the subject Gilda'd wanted to avoid much earlier in the evening. There was a brief spark in the back of her mind that had the idea of suggesting that Gilda reconcile with said friend, but she had a hunch it wouldn't be met too receptively. She'd broken up with friends before, and she was still mad at a fair number of them, chances were Gilda might not be all that different on that front? Who knew.

[colour=#996699]"I tend to favour Las Pegasus now. The city never is very good for my bits, but they know how to do a pretty good time in some of the joints there. [/colour][colour=#996699]But, eh, I tend not to linger anywhere, really. Breakbeak, Manehattan, Stalliongrad.. there are plenty of reasonably interesting places to visit in pony land."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Aw, man, I hear you on Las Pegasus. Class act they got going there, but man do they ever ask the bits for it." [/colour]Ignition tried to lighten things up a little. Losing a friend sucked, but frankly, Equestria had some pretty awesome places to chill, and there were always a few cool somebodies to hang out with in just about any major city. [colour=#ff0000]"Still, sounds like you get around Equestria well enough. And hey, now you have another place to add to your list of hangouts, right?" [/colour]A nudge from her battered wing and a smile from the pegasus to the gryphon, all in good fun. Now that she was tired out and coming down from a night of fun and elation, she was noticeably less rough-and-tumble than she'd been before, having burned through her reserves of adrenaline and shouting for the day. With the sun glowing brighter off the undersides of the high-away clouds, dawn continued to approach, as did the brick inn towards which they'd been heading. [colour=#ff0000]"I mean, Unter-grund is amazing, but this place in October is pretty great too... well, if you like home-made food and 'normal' dancing. Not exactly the most happening shindig, but it's got charm, y'know?"[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=#FF0000]"Aw, man, I hear you on Las Pegasus. Class act they got going there, but man do they ever ask the bits for it." [/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Isn't that the truth..."[/colour] Gilda muttered in a low voice at these words, shaking her head. Trips to Las Pegasus always ended up bleeding her dry. She was a griffon who really liked to press her luck, but unfortunately for her she didn't have a lot of it to begin with. Usually she'd go in, play until she started to win a little, then promptly get stupid and blow everything she had. It was never good for her, but the place did know how to do a good time.

[colour=#FF0000]"Still, sounds like you get around Equestria well enough. And hey, now you have another place to add to your list of hangouts, right?" [/colour]

"[colour=#996699]Yeah, staying in one place isn't really my style so I do tend to travel," Gilda said, shrugging. "And yeah, I'll definitely add this place to my rounds... though I'm not sure how far I'd get here on my own not knowing that language of theirs."[/colour]

She smirked just slightly and gave a laugh. [colour=#996699]"Guess I'll just have to make sure I have a friend to tag along with when I drop in,"[/colour] she said somewhat more quietly. She was earnestly glad to have found a pony like Ignition to pal around with, though she was intent to try and be as subtle with that fact.

[colour=#FF0000]"I mean, Unter-grund is amazing, but this place in October is pretty great too... well, if you like home-made food and 'normal' dancing. Not exactly the most happening shindig, but it's got charm, y'know?"[/colour]

Old fashioned harvest festival type deals were the sort of thing Gilda had always associated with Germaney prior to her awesome night with Ignition. The thought had never really appealed to her so much. I mean, it wasn't like the October traditions in other parts of Equestria; she could get behind dressing up as a monster and scaring the stuffing out of dumb ponies. Old-timey music and dancing and all really wasn't so much her bag. Still, if Iginition was behind it, maybe there was some fun to be had at that kinda thing.

[colour=#996699]"Huh... well, I dunno. Sounds just a little lame... but I guess I am a sucker for food that tastes good,"[/colour] Gilda said with another chuckle. "[colour=#996699]I guess I wouldn't mind scoping out a scene like that some time if I was in the area."[/colour]

• 1 month later...

"[colour=#996699]...Yeah, I'll definitely add this place to my rounds, though I'm not sure how far I'd get here on my own not knowing that language of theirs..[/colour]. [colour=#996699]Guess I'll just have to make sure I have a friend to tag along with when I drop in." [/colour]

They were both too wrapped-up in their seperate shells of being hardflanked and generally rebelliously independent to just out and say anything ridiculous, mushy, or otherwise insipid. Which, really, was probably for the best. Equestria simply didn't need more overt dulcet tones of mutual admiration and respect. This, however, would do well enough. In the back of Ignition's head, she quietly wondered if that whole 'feather-trading' thing she'd heard about was a rumor or not. Not that she'd ask about it; if it was a real gryphon thing that they actually did, cool. If not, also cool.

[colour=#996699]"Huh... well, I dunno. Sounds just a little lame... but I guess I am a sucker for food that tastes good,"[/colour] Gilda said with another chuckle. "[colour=#996699]I guess I wouldn't mind scoping out a scene like that some time if I was in the area."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, the harvest is really what makes it, to be honest. But hey, if you happen to drop by... well, I try to make myself easy to find" [/colour]Ignition admitted, rolling her wings back a little. A quiet pop caused her to relax her back a bit, her wing shifting just a touch as her skeleton continued to get back into it's favourite places. Nothing mentionable, as far as Ignition was concerned. However, they were rather near to the inn's doorway by that point - a minute or two more and they'd be there, really. Now that they were within proper view of the building, it became more apparent that, in spite of it's rather sturdy construction, didn't look like it was totally on the up-and-up. The drapes, a little threadbare. The doorway, a little worse for wear. The windows, thin and a little chipped. It wasn't the priciest stay one might ever lay on - in fact, it looked a half-dozen fixer-uppers shy of five stars. Still, the roof wasn't leaking, the curtains weren't on fire, and nobody was screaming. Probably fine.

[colour=#ff0000]"Tch... they've let this place go over the last few years. Still, probably as cheap as I remember. Can't be that bad."[/colour] muttered the spitfire pegasus, kicking a hoof in mild irritation. She wasn't impressed, obviously, but at the same time, she wasn't changing course. At least the beds would be, well, beds. That had to count for something; what it would count for, neither of them likely knew, but it might count for something.

• 4 weeks later...

[colour=#FF0000]"Yeah, the harvest is really what makes it, to be honest. But hey, if you happen to drop by... well, I try to make myself easy to find" [/colour]

Gilda smirked a little at these words and gave slight nod. [colour=#996699]"Heh. That so? In that case, I'll be sure to keep my eyes open if I ever fly on by,"[/colour] she said, trying to still sound cool and not like some chirping featherbrain plucking out quills to give to her happy new best ever pony friend. No, she was definitely past that, even if meeting a pony like Ignition was still pretty cool.

It was about then that Gilda stopped actively forcing herself not to bust into a dumb, vacant smile long enough to notice the place they were waking up to. It wasn't just some blot on the horizon anymore; it was right there in their faces, in all its miserable glory. From how Ignition had mentioned the place, Gilda had expected something halfway nice, but nope it was pretty run down. Everything looked old, worn and just generally in disrepair. Kinda surprised at what she was seeing, Gida turned toward Ignition, who, as it were, was evidently noticing the very same things.

[colour=#FF0000]"Tch... they've let this place go over the last few years. Still, probably as cheap as I remember. Can't be that bad."[/colour]

Gilda chuckled, and shook her head. [colour=#996699]"Yeah, a real hole in the wall, isn't it?"[/colour] she said, smirking for some reason as she looked over the shoddy inn.

Ultimately she shrugged. [colour=#996699]"Eh, but I've slept in worse places. Much worse,"[/colour] she said, rolling her eyes and then giving a pronounced yawn. [colour=#996699]"Besides..."[/colour] she said. [colour=#996699]"After a night like that one, I'm so tired I could probably crash just about anywhere."[/colour]

Archived