Voodoo Romance

Neon Pop

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Voodoo Romance

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Maroon

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Long, braided mane, black with rose colored stripes, black tail tied with a bow.

Eye Color: Purple

Cutie Mark: Voodoo doll heart with pins and a bow.

Physique: Tall, sleek, elegant.

Residence: Neighples Marshland, though travels a lot.

Motivation: Voodoo's motivation in life is to help people, albeit a rather twisted way of doing so. Her shop is based on magic, and potions, charms and wishes, and when a person wishes or purchases something, she usually tacks on a cause and effect. Even if a pony wants love, what they get is a life lesson on "Be careful what you wish for".

Likes: Roses, lace, black, darkness, mascara, silk, plushy beds, potions, ponies receiving her lessons well, teaching those lessons, being a general creeper, traveling, goth music, violins, coffins, candles, dark gloomy whether.

Dislikes: Ponies who don't learn from her lessons, repeat customers (means they didn't learn or she didn't do her job right,) sunlight, misunderstandings, pop music/Neon Pop, daisies, happy fun times, parties, cheery people, ice cream, butterflies, cats.

Character Summary: Voodoo was born in Trottingham with a mother, father and older sister. All... were just as gloomy, dark, and grim as she is. It was a rather unusual sight for most ponies, seeing that they were not the usual happy and bright crew, but despite being a bit different, they were happy. Voodoo's mother was a novelist, writing some of the most dreadfully romantic stories, mostly about vampires. She was well renowned and lavished in her popularity. Her father was a man who dealt with the darker arts of magic, never harming others, but, they weren't always safe either. Most of the time it was self gain. Both... selfish ponies.

Voodoo hated that about her parents. Sure she loved them, but she could not stand why someone would want to be so selfish and worry only about themselves. How they could soak up their fame as if it was meant for them. She just didn't want to be that way, and it hurt her to see her sister fall into the same pattern. She became and an occult model for "vAMPS" magazine. She only got the job cause her mother was so well known to the community. It seemed her family was lost in themselves and Voodoo, was determined to get them to see their selfish ways, cause they were not at all nice ponies, to anyone, including their own family.

It took years, but Voodoo studied and practiced the art of magic, working from all kinds of books, light and dark, from normal to the occult and she began developing her own brews and spells and charms. It was pleasing, and the day of her cutie mark was one of her most memorable moments. Her sister came to her one day, knowing that Voodoo made such things and love potions and charms. "He must love me!" She said. "I am the fairest pony in Trottingham, and I'm the most popular vAMPS model, but he can't see anyone but himself!" Thinking, Voodoo had the perfect idea, to teach her a lesson that not all things she wanted was good.

"Of course, sister. I have just the thing, my best and most effective potion, the Black Heart." She handed her sister the bottle and watched her for a moment. "A word of caution..." She added ominously, "You will soon find that wanting... is better then having." To her sister it was just a scare, but in a few days, she soon grew to know just what she meant. The stallion that was effected by the love potion grew obsessive, stalkerish, pushy. He couldn't live with out Voodoo's sister. He would interrupt dinner, photo shoots, meetings, interviews, and she felt smothered. So running, she returned to her sister.

"Your potion is flawed! You tricked me! It was not a love potion!" She shouted.

"No. It was. But your heart did not set his boundaries, for you see, you wanted him to pay attention to you. And you got just that. Though in the end, it was what I said, wanting is better then having. Had you not been so selfish in the matter, and actually tried, this would not have happened." It was a great day, cause at that moment, her cutie mark finally appeared, and she had just turned into a young mare. It was an easy task to remove the spell from the effected, and her sister learned her lesson, and since then she has been less vain about her life.

When Voodoo was old enough, she packed her things and left for a more fitting place, and she found it, deep in the heart of Neighples Marsh, where the sun hardly shown and she was able to make and brew as many concoctions as she wished. When she needs sales, she packs up her cart, dubbed her shop, and travels to places such and Ponyville, Fillydephia, Appleloosa and Rockwington, though on occasion, she does have ponies come to her home, for a more private lesson.

voodood.png

• 4 months later...