An unusal meeting (ATTN: Winter, PM to join all others)

Lux

The unicorn and the pony spent a good deal of time looking over the books, maps, and other items stored within the library. Twilight was always helpful to assist the two, especially Storm who was new to the library and need to find things. Light knew that they'd be spend some time there. He never went there just with a particular book but instead let his mind and eyes wander through the stacks of material until he found something of interest.

Finally with their treasures shecked out, the two exited the library.

"That was fun! I got the new Battle Mages book and a book on spell working. What did you get, Storm?"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I got a map of Ponyville, finally, "A Smith's Guide to Steel," and "How to Tame Your Sword." Both look like good books, I think. The first looks like it had a good section on sword smithing in particular, which should help me with doing a friend's order. The other I got so I could learn a little sword play for next time my other friend comes into town." Storm said triumphantly with the books held against her chest with one arm. She looked down at the two books the unicorn was carrying. The two seemed to be a fitting combination: one on fictional characters using magic and the other teaching how to do magic.

"Well it's good that you found that map of Ponyville. It's fairly easy to get around here, but then again I've been here all my life. Of course, there are always nice ponies here who are happy to lend a hoof."

Light then heard Storm mention that she liked to swordfight.

"Oh, you like to swordfight? That's cool! Reminds me of the stories I read. Who are you going to swordfight with?"

"Yes, I do enjoy it... I just don't happen to be very good at it. I'm better at making swords than using them. I usually spar with Dunder Blust or Rok Anarch when they come by... Which isn't very often. I haven't won yet, but some day... Some day I will." Storm lifted a claw before continuing. "This here makes it easier for me to grasp the swords, having fingers and all. Yet I still can't beat either of them. I'm guessing they just have more training. I hope that is the case..."

"Well I hope you learn something from that book. I always wondered what it would be like learning how to swordfight. I know that I can't hold it like you can, so I might have to hold the sword with my mouth. I may later on be able to use my magic, but I can't lift anything too heavy yet, only about the size of a book. My parents probably won't let me by a sword though. They're like that, afraid I'd hurt myself or something."

"Maybe one day when you are older I could make you one... Maybe I could even teach you what I know! I'm sure I'd be a lot better by the time you were able to! But, er, that is something for another day." Storm looked around and then took a glance at the map she had just got. "So, your house, is it close to the library?"

Light smiled at the prospect that he may be taught how to use a sword in the future by Storm. "That would be really nice. And yes, my home is only a few houses away from here. Let me show you."

Light then surveyed the map for a few seconds to get his bearings then pointed to the tree in the picture. "That's Twilight's tree where we were before." He then pointed to a house nearby. "And here's where I live!"

"Oh, you aren't too far from there. You must go get new books often!" Storm smiled down at the colt and then looked up to the sky. The breeze was blowing softly and a single pegasus was lazily flying by. "Have you ever gotten books on flying? I know it is a bit out of the norm for a unicorn... but have you?"

Light put a hoof to his chin, thinking about Storm's question. "Well, I never really thought about reading a book about it since I can't fly. I admit I always wondered what it would be like to fly. Must be nice being able to get from one pplace to the next without much effort."

"It takes a lot more effort than most would think! But yeah, it is much faster than walking. Maybe one day you could get a pegasus to carry you while flying. I know a friend that once did that. He enjoyed it... I think. I am pretty sure he was doing that to get a better view of the area around him..." Storm responded, trying to remember just how the story went. "Yeah, it was something like that. I guess."

"Hmmm... get a pegasus to fly me. Well,, I don't really know any pegasus ponies, except those in my class. But I don't think they can or will want to carry me."

Light then had a vision in his mind of Scootaloo trying to carry him, her face strained in exhaustion. It wasn't that Light was a big pony, but since Scootally could barely fly herself, trying to fly for two would be nearly impossible.

"Hah, I'm pretty sure they are a bit young for that. Maybe you should try later... when you are all a bit bigger. AND...." Storm trailed off as she crept closer to Light. "You should watch your weight while you wait!" She exclaimed as she poked his belly and laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." She said in a fit of giggles. "But you caught my pun, right?"

The hippogriff explained how Light should be older when attempting an air lift by another pony.

"That's funny," Light said as he giggled when Storm poked him in the belly, "And yes I got the pun. So, do you want to go anywhere else in Ponyville before I go home to my parents?"

"Well, I did come down here to celebrate and buy more supplies... Alright, I admit it, mostly to buy more supplies. I'd take you along, but that might be a little boring for you. Is that something you would be interested in, Light?" The hippogriff remembered the last time she had brought someone else with her to get materials. Though the day was bright and the weather was pleasant, the trip was not. The stallion had become bored quickly and decided to make it more exciting for himself through arguing over everything Storm tried to do. He didn't like her choice of wood, complained about the pony she was buying her metal from, saying he was giving unfair prices, and made it all around unpleasant. Although, she thought, thinking of her time spent with Light so far, Light doesn't seem like that at all. It would be unfair to judge him based on a past experience with somepony not so nice... Maybe I could take him.

(OOC: Sorry about not responding )

Light listened to Storm's reasons for heading to Ponyville and the request for him to joing the hippogriff on her supplies gathering trip.

"Actually, that would be neat to see how you get you stuff! lead the way!"

(OOC: No problem)

"Alright, if you say so." Storm responded doubtingly. "Just remember when you get bored that I warned you." She said as she veered to the left and made a turn down the road. "I'm going to have to place an order at the lumber shop first. Come on, it is this way."

Light followed the hippogriff to the first stop at the lumber shop. He didn't think her would get bored as thre was always something new to see. the place was a flurry of activity with carts filled with trees entering the place to be turned into boards and ponies purchasing materials. He didn't know much about how houses were made, but it amazed him that these materials may eventualy become a house like what he lived in.

"So what are you looking for?"