(Ponyville) Light Looking to Learn (ATTN: Fireheart)

Lux

Mel watched as Light's spell struck her sheild but, didn't blow through like her spell. She looked at him with a warm smile and gave an approving nod. A nice try for you're first time not bad. Well that's all I have at the top at my head. You've learned the basics and some intermediate spells. Advance spells however will take more time to learn, and can't be done in one night. If you want I can possiably continue teaching here in the park tommarow.

(OOC: Would you like to do a timeskip or do another thread for the next time Light meets Mel?)

Although Light didn't destroy the shield like Mel did, he was pleased that he could pull off a spell like that. He was also happy that his teacher saw the progress he was making. When Mel mentioned there other spells could be taught but at a later time, he was a little sad that he couldn't continue as he was having so much fun learning new spells. Yet there was the promise of another day to learn more spells.

"Thast would be really nice, teaching me spells again. Thanks for teaching me those spells so far."

(OOC First things first I think you need to change my name to Melody before the mods get mad at me heh heh and yeah a timeskip sound legiate but this is your post not mine you do what you want PM me before you do so.)

Any time when a pony is in need I'm alwayes overjoyed to be of assistence. Mel smiled again her eyes begining to droop a clear sign she was growing tired. But even ponies like me have to get our sleep. I'll hopefully see you tommarow at the same time and place. Farwell dear Light. She gave one more smile and then disappeared into the trees with violin case.

(OOC: Activating Time Skip)

Then next night, Light made his way over to the pond in the park. He was excited at what he learned so far and practiced his new spells when he could. His parents were a little leery of him meeting a strange pony in the park at night. But they were helping Light expand his knowledge of spells. And none were bad spells, so they accepted the help from this pony he met called Mel.

Shockingly, when he arrived at the area, he didn't see the pony there just yet nor did he hear her violin music wafting in the air. He hoped nothing happened to prevent her from coming like getting sick.

Oh I was beggining to wonder when you would arrive. Mels voice rung out of the darkness. Mel was laying on a glowing platform a few feet above Light's head. Glad you can make it. Was there any trouble? She asked sitting up and looking down at Light with her usual warm smile. I hope you were practicing those spells I taught you last night.

Light looked around to find the source of Mel's voice. Finding noting in any direction, he happened to subconsciously look up. He didn't at all expect her to be above. After all, she was a unicorn and unless she had a temporary wing spell or a cloud walking spell this was unlikely.

There Mel was above him sure enough on not a cloud but a platforn made of light. For several seconds the colt had a "how did you do that" look on his face.

Then he realized that the mare was asking him something.

"Oh, my spells? Yes, I was practicing them when I could It was tricky because of school and of course the sun, but i did what I could."

Mel grinned at the colts expression then stood up and began walking to the end of her platform, but before her hoof reached the edge a staircase of light was illuminated before her and she gradually walked down until she was standing in front of Light. A dark blue arura surounded her horn as she leveitated a few books out of her saddlebags and held them before her. I'm glad you're staying to your studies Light. These books are right ouf of my library and can teach you all you wish to know about light magic. I might know a lot about myself but I'm no expert. So, I'm gueassing you want to know how got up there? She nodded her head up towords where the platform clearly was a teasing smile on her muzzle.

"Wow! Thanks for the books," Light said as he looked at them. Apparantly Mel knew he liked reading, but she probably didn't know that he went through several books a week or that reading was a subject he was good at in school.

Keeping his eyes fixed at the plarform while alternating to Mel as she decended, Light was intrigued.

"Yeah, how did you make that light platforn thing?"

Well I'll give it to you straight. It's not easy but with enough you can learn it in a few hours perhaps. Now as for the platform, it's slightly like making a sheild you'll have to give it shape. The catch is is you can't draw it out as before. It's all down to your imagination. If you can see it you can create it. She lept into the air and before she hit thr ground a platform appeared right under her. And also it takes a great deal of confindance start low than work your way higher.

Light thought back to the shield exercise. It was going to be a task for him to create this platform without being able to draw it out first. Like Mel advised, it was best to start off small and low.

he pictured in his mind a square shaped platform. As he focused on that shaped, he chared and fired his magic to where he waned it. First the frame of the shape appeared, like the line art or a picture. Then the shape was filled in with light, making it solid.

With the platform built it was time for the ultimate test. He needed to see if it could hold his weight. He timidly placed one hoof on the platform that hovered a few inches off the ground, then the other. Seeing as it held at least a little of his weight, he then pulled the rest of his body up on it. The platfome dropped slightly due to the extra weight, but it still hovered and more importantly it held.

Mel watched Light carefully as he tested his spell. She gave him a assureing nod and said. Good now lets go a bit higher this time try a diferent shape and material. Also see if you can change its color, if you can learn that this spell will be easier to cast in sunlight. Her platform rose until it was a few feat ubove the ground and changed to a navy blue to hide it in the night.

Standing on the first platform, Light thought about how to change the shape. Then he remembered a shape that he leanned in school: a half sphere. Of course it was hard to stand on a shpere, but if he inverted it, then he could stand on the flat circular part.

He focused on the half sphere and then added the element of color. Orange would work in this case as he'd be able to see it in the night. In a few seconds, an inverted orange half sphere appeared about a foot higher and a foot away from the previous one.

He jumped onto the new platform which held berrer than the last.

Mel continued to wacth her student's progress as he accended towords her. You got a knack for learning don't you? Well I better make a challenge for you then.

Mel summoned a large ball of light brighening up the area that they were in so that light spells would be difficult to see. Now lets see how you can traverse through the light. I'm not going to give a hint because this is a test for you.

The ball of Light that Mel produced added to the challenge of creating a platform that Light could see. He decided on creating another platforn like the one he was on, but just changing the color to make it darker. He decided on a deep blue as he made the half sphere. With that complete, he jumped to the new platform.