Weapon idea: The AutoRod

Here is an ide for a weapon I have in mind for a story I am planning to make, do give me feedback on it please

:)

Many weapons have come from the land of fiction, some are practical and others are just plain silly.

Usually it's some sort of gun or sword though, from Star Treks Iconic Phaser to Star Wars lightsaber every weapon idea has been done a million times over.

Its really hard to make an iconic weapon these days, but I have been cooking up my own weapon for a little while now.

It is called the AutoRod, a multi purpose weapon that acts more like a Swiss army knife then a gun or a sword.

In its initial form it looks like a nightstick, long and metallic but with a small bulb at the end.

But when one of its modes are activated it becomes more than just some sort of billy club.

It has 10 modes in total:

1: Standard mode: The default mode of the AutoRod, good for knocking someone unconscious.

2: Boomerang mode: like its namesake the user can throw the AutoRod at their opponents and it will come back to the user.

3: Shock mode: The AutoRod is charged with energy to cause a large jolt, perfect for fighting robotic creatures.

4: Blowtorch mode: The AutoRod becomes like a blowtorch, self explanatory.

5: Extension mode: The AutoRod becomes a bo staff like weapon, perfect for large groups of enemies.

6: Pulse blast mode: The AutoRod fires a kinetic energy blast meant to disperse a large group of enemies at a distance.

7: Stun mode: The AutoRod fires a small charge meant to stun its opponent.

8: Blade mode: The only time the AutoRod becomes a sword like weapon, intended to cut through thick armor.

9: Tool mode: The AutoRod can become a vast array of tools, from hammers to screwdrivers and anything in between.

10: Transmitter mode: The AutoRod becomes a signaling device, perfect for long distance communication without the use of satellites.

As you can see its a very versatile weapon and works great in practically any situation.