Help with text based game coding?

Hello. First of all I would like to say I have grown attached to text based games and would simply love to make my own. The problem is... Google hasn't been very helpful. I would very much appreciate it if somepony could help me with simple coding and programming.

If anypony has any helpful information or would know somepony I could contact about said subject, please say so. All I want is to make a simple and easy text based adventure.

Do you already have a programming background?

Do you already know how to make input elements?

Even if it is text-based, the GUI is critical. Two fine text-based games that have strong GUIs are Cyber Nations and Kingdom of Loathing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking a long time to reply, but anyways I'm currently studying Java, and that's about it.

And the game I'm looking to make is the ones like the games that the company "Choice of Games" make.

TBH, Java is a terribad language to start out on. (I'm assuming this is your 1st language)

I'd recommend C++ or something, but if you're set on java, you could probably do it.

Hello. First of all I would like to say I have grown attached to text based games and would simply love to make my own. The problem is... Google hasn't been very helpful. I would very much appreciate it if somepony could help me with simple coding and programming.

If anypony has any helpful information or would know somepony I could contact about said subject, please say so. All I want is to make a simple and easy text based adventure.

ZOOOOOOOOOORK! I can beat zork in 5 min 45 seconds (timed it) :P

046_grue.jpg

But its most probable you wanna make something like KOL

C++ is the most probable way to go