Canterlot on Mobile - A couple of issues

Hi, just a general request, and pretty low priority at that.

Since joining the site, I've often found myself browsing Canterlot on my phone,1 and I've started noticing a common problem. Whenever I access the site, my phone starts to overheat, and it burns through battery power like nothing else. This isn't the only site I have this problem with, but it's by far the one I visit most often, so I was wondering, is there a solution to this? Is it me doing something wrong? Should I just try a different browser?

I'd appreciate any input on this.

I've also experienced a tangential, largely unconnected problem. I find it pretty much impossible to comment on any threads, as the text editor is pretty much incompatible with my phone/browser/sausage-like fingers.

I suspect there may be a simple solution to both these problems, but I'm pretty inexperienced in Web Development matters2 so thought I'd just present my suggestion for wiser heads than mine to consider;3 does your CMS package4 have the facility to implement a reduced-functionality mobile version of the site? This would, to my understanding, put less strain on users' phones, and also perhaps provide a more mobile friendly version of the text editor?

If this isn't available, or would take considerable jiggery-pokery to provide, then don't consider it high priority,5 just something I'd live to see in the future.

Thanks in advance. ;-)

--------

1 May as well include tech specs in case they're relevant to my problem; I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and use the Dolphin HD browser.

2 Mucked about with Dreamweaver and Joomla a bit, but nothing advanced.

3 Or to just dismiss it out of hand as the ramblings of an ill-informed imbecile. For all I know this has been considered before and dismissed as impractical, but I couldn't find any reference to it elsewhere so thought I may as well bring it up.

4 Or whatever equivalent is used for this site.

5 At least not on my behalf. If other people are having the same or similar issues, perhaps it would be worth considering a bit more.

I'm afraid websites themselves don't control mobile phone hardware so it's simply impossible to optimize for your specific hardware.

There are several things you can try;

* make sure your java handlers are up-to-date

* make sure you're not using any roms or custom firmware not supplied out of the box.

* make sure you stop inappropriate use of spoiler tags1 as you'll find not many people are bothering with your novelty.

* try a different browser

* try a different website theme or use Tapatalk.

* etc...

Can't help further than that I'm afraid.

1 It's actually quite annoying and makes you look a bit pretentious

DrMaxwell: thanks, that seems to work quite well.

Artax: I shall refrain from footnotes from this point forward. On the record, I have no objection to being viewed a pretentious, as I am, and have no interest in hiding such character flaws.

I also have no objection to people skipping the footnotes; that's why I spoilered them in the first place. My reasoning was that people who enjoyed my little digressions could still have a chuckle with me, and it would make it easier for those who didn't to ignore them. However, if people do find it annoying, then that just won't do, I'm here to make friends after all. In retrospect I should have heeded you on this matter before. My apologies.