The Pokemon Center (Trading and Battles!)

I'm a little confused here, why do levels matter? You can set the game so all pokemon are level 50, can't you? Or is that only in certain versions?

Anyway...

Games You Own: Platinum (favoured), White

Friend Code/s: Platinum (0989 8058 6513) White (0604 5474 9181)

Favorite Pokemon: Arg, hard to choose. I have so many. Absol, Haunter, Mew, Mewtwo, Nidoqueen, Eevee, Blastoise, Dragonite, Mismagius, Ampharos, Electrode, Scyther, Mawile, Cacturne, Shaymin, Furret, Kangaskhan, Porygon, Togekiss, Snivy, Dewott, Lilligant, Weavile and many more.

Starter Pokemon Choice: Whatever takes my fancy at the time, but I tend to gravitate towards water types since they often have decent movepools.

Pokemon Team:

Platinum: [CLASSIFIED] Well, until I have at least one match with someone.

White: Dewott (I don't like his evo), Espeon, Pelipper (HM user
:/
) Absol, Lilligant, and a random uber because I haven't trained anything more interesting. Darkrai is a placeholder on my card, but I may use Zekrom. Unless you won't play vs. ubers, in which case I dunno.

Favorite Types: All of them.

Other: Does anyone else still forget the names of pokemon? Shaymin is one of my favs, but I still had to look up her name. ^^:

I haven't played in a while and never against a human, so I have no idea how this will go. Also my White team is boring and lackluster and I can't/won't port my regular teams from Platinum. Can't because I don't have a second DS (the only one I know who has one is my Dad and he doesn't have it here) and won't because the Frontier is a pretty awesome way to fight, and far superior to the stupid train thing in B/W -no I'm not bitter because I can't get past 15 fights, what are you talking about?

Also, put me down for Pokemon Trainer ranking, as I won't be very active for a while. Plus it's hard for me to get my DS on wifi. I have to fiddle with the modem settings, which prevents anyone else in the house from using the wifi, so I can only do it when every one else is busy/out/asleep.

DiegosWhiteTrainerCard.png

Custom trainer sprite :3

That's a shame because I am going to have to insist on them.

Levels reduced to 50.

Max of one uber per team.

No items.

Fox only.

Final Destination.

I'll be unable to battle for the first half of the day. DX

Why can't I use Link?

Hey, these are Pokemon battles. Not Super Smash Brothers battles!

I think the restriction applies to all of the Pokemon when applied, but I'll check if it does just in case.

I'm a little confused here, why do levels matter? You can set the game so all pokemon are level 50, can't you? Or is that only in certain versions?

You can set it to 50 or 100 in the Gen 4 games. In BW you can set them to 50 in Wifi, but you can only use 3 pokemon and there are some other restrictions I think. As far as I know, only Infared connection (local) allows you to flat battle lv 50 with all 6 pokemon. Personally I like doing flat battle because your level doesn't matter, and it gives people with lower level pokemon a chance. Like I beat my friend's Diamond team(lv50-60) with my SoulSilver team(lv30) when my Typh was only a Quilava. XD

You can set it to 50 or 100 in the Gen 4 games. In BW you can set them to 50 in Wifi, but you can only use 3 pokemon and there are some other restrictions I think. As far as I know, only Infared connection (local) allows you to flat battle lv 50 with all 6 pokemon. Personally I like doing flat battle because your level doesn't matter, and it gives people with lower level pokemon a chance. Like I beat my friend's Diamond team(lv50-60) with my SoulSilver team(lv30) when my Typh was only a Quilava. XD

Guess you're right, but I still don't find myself enjoying flat rule. I work hard to train those Pokemon to high levels just to have them play at a lower one. But if people insist on using it, I guess I have no choice.

If you wouldn't mind. :3

I'll try and give 'em to you tomorrow. I was pretty busy today, and I couldn't get a battle in, but I'll be sure to initiate the trade and battle tomorrow! :3

Now, I'd like to see your progress on Gardevoir, if you wouldn't mind. ;-) How's the training going, and how strong is she? 'Cause boy do I have a surprise for you when we battle.

I swear to Celestia, she takes SO MUCH EXP. She's still a Kirlia! raritysad.png

VAT. But for my first Ralts which gave birth to your Kirlia, it took me only 1 hour to get it from LVL 1 to 55! Have you tried the Elite 4 method- Oh wait Your team isn't that high up in level. :C My pokemon are a bunch stronger than the Elite 4, so i just use the weak pokemon first in the party and give it a lucky egg. Then I switch it out and use the stronger pokemon. Of course, I always bring tons of Revival Herbs and Moomoo Milks with me using the money I get. So far, I've used the method so many times, I went from 1 Hall of Fame entry to 5 in one week. It really helps. Once your team is high enough, use it to the point of breaking your game! Though, in your state, I suggest the stadiums in Nimbasa. They're pretty strong, but not Elite 4 Strong, and there are loads of trainers there! Plus, some trainers will give you a Rare Candy after beating them, which really helps!

Good luck with Kirlia! I wanna battle it as Gardevoir very soon!