[Ponyville] Lost and Nowhere To Be Found [Open!]

Chocoswirl

Neon Lights frowned, a look of concern invisible behind his tinted sunglasses. Frowning, he looked left to right, up and down, to and fro, back and forth, and he still had no idea where they hay he was supposed to be off to. Trotting nervously and almost carelessly through the streets of Ponyville, he kept a watchful eye out for anypony that seemed nice enough to approach. Not that everypony seemed mean, but he was in a state of distress at the time, and it wasn’t a very good thing at all. His guitar case bounced with each step that he took, the large case strapped to his rather strong torso, along with a saddlebag containing some necessary items for travel. Darn it. This isn’t cool at all! This is just plain crazy!

Only a few nights before, the unicorn stallion was informed of a party happening in Ponyville, and was asked that he performed with his acoustic guitar for the party. The party was one for a filly’s birthday, who had previously heard to the blue stallion’s music from a friend in Canterlot. Neon was ecstatic about this news, and was more than happy to be able to play for her birthday party. He left almost immediately at this great news, and all he could think about on the train to the town was of how the young filly would think of his soon-to-be live performance. Neon always aimed to please, and being able to make even this one little young filly happy on her birthday, would make his day, or even week for sure. Now, here comes the problem…finding the place to stay at.

The birthday was to take place in a few days, and Neon decided to get to Ponyville a little early. He wanted to spend some time in Ponyville while he had the chance to go there. Neon booked a room in a small inn he had heard about in the town. Unfortunately, he had been so caught up in anticipation of the party, that he had completely forgotten the name and location of the inn. The unicorn cursed himself for not writing down the location and name of the inn sooner. His friends warned him to write it down, as they knew of his carelessness attitude. But, as almost always, he procrastinated, and ended up not getting to write it down at all.

Usually, Neon was very laid-back, with a carefree attitude and such, but this was one of the rare times when he would freak out. If he didn’t find the inn, he wouldn’t have any place to stay! And more importantly, he probably wouldn’t be able to make it to the filly’s birthday party in time with this dilemma. In worry, Neon pulled up his sunglasses to see more clearly, his eyes darting side to side in frustration. Now, Ponyville wasn't really that big of a town. But it definitely wasn't small either. Neon had only been here occasionally for various parties and events of the kind, but he didn't even bother to remember this information, which his friends and family constantly worried about.“Where the hay is this place supposed to be? And…what exactly is the name of ‘this place’?! Agh! This is just so bad!” Neon exclaimed to himself. This was just getting more and more confusing. The longer he remained running around in fear, the longer it would take him to reach his destination. Ceasing his constant running, Neon sighed, looking down at the ground in defeat. “There has to be somepony here that can do something…If I don’t find this place soon, I’m gonna explode…”

• 3 weeks later...

Cotton Cloudy was on one of her rare trips to the ground, and she was taking in the sights when she saw a unicorn stallion yelling at finally looking at the ground in defeat. Cotton raised her eyebrow, and went over to the stallion.

[colour=#AFEEEE]"Uhhh, what's your problem?"[/colour] Cotton said, completely forgetting any and all manners in her confusion. [colour=#AFEEEE]"You lookin' for something?"[/colour] She asked, flying above the unicorn's head. She landed in front of him, and gave him a good long look.

Neon sighed, staring down at the ground, when he suddenly heard a young filly's voice, most likely directed towards him.

[colour=#AFEEEE]"Uhhh, what's your problem?"[/colour]

Looking up, he spotted a white and light blue pegasus filly up in the air above him. He watched as she lowered herself to the ground in front of him.

[colour=#AFEEEE]"You lookin' for something?"[/colour]

[colour=#6ec3f1]"Yeah I'm looking for something! I'm looking for an inn somewhere in this......this whatever-it's-called-ville! I'm completely ruined if I don't find the inn soon!" [/colour]Neon worriedly spoke, his voice clearly showing distress. It was rather easy to see that the stallion was upset, but then again, he seemed to be over-reacting as well. Obviously, Neon was unaware of this, as he was much more focused on getting to the inn. Normally, Neon would've greeted the filly with an outgoing and happy greeting before discussing his problem with her, but his worry right now was clearly taking over his thoughts.

Neon sighed in exasperation as he shook his head in worry. He probably looked like Equestria's biggest idiot right now, and that wasn't helping him right now. [colour=#6ec3f1]"Hey, do you know an inn around here, littly filly?"[/colour] The best thing he could do right now was ask for help. Best case scenario, she would be able to at least give him some info about the town and where to find the inn. Maybe there was still a glimmer of hope left for him...

Such a long run, such a long way! What in Celestia's name forced her to commit such a ridiculous deed? But hay, if it wasn't a crazy idea in the beginning! And there was nearly nothing else that addressed Rising Star better than crazy ideas. In this very moment she found herself sitting in one of Ponyville's cafes, relaxing after an exhausting run. She still didn't understand why she accepted the challenge of running from Canterlot to Ponyville as her daily sports activity, but she was completely satisfied. Achieving such insane feats brought sweet and utter satisfaction. Moreover, it was a great way to keep herself fit. Being such a tall mare she was easily noticeable, and it's better to look slim, healthy and generally pretty. That's why she had to visit a hair stylist after the run, her mane was in such a disarray earlier... But now she once again shined with beauty.

Star finished her coffee and stood up stretching her legs. A wide smile appeared on her face as she felt shivers of excitement crossing her spine. [colour=#dda0dd]"I ought to do it more often, period!"[/colour] Star levitated a few bits out of her tiny side bag and paid for the coffee. She didn't need many items with herself right now, but the camera was a must. It always was a must for her. Mare turned around, brushing off her hair behind just for these few seconds while scanning the town of Ponyville. She never complained at her height. It was a perfect tool for noticing things before others did. Unfortunately, there was nothing interesting happening on the streets right now. Nothing of great value, none, null, zero... apart from that extraordinary STALLION!

Star leaned forward and focused her sight in order to take a closer look. Shades, exquisite clothing, catchy mane. Simply marvelous target for her camera lenses. That certainly was unexpected discovery. Although there was another surprise waiting for her in the shape of a young foal... or maybe it was a filly? So hard to tell, they grow so fast... Anyway, in shape of young filly hovering above him. It was most unexpected and at least pleasant to break with daily routine of boring customers. Star forced her tired hooves to trot towards the couple, pulling out her camera. [colour=#dda0dd]"Too bad I don't have a light from a different angle... shading won't be the same..."[/colour]

As soon as she approached on desired distance, she exclaimed towards them: [colour=#dda0dd]"Excuse me!"[/colour] And just after one of them turned back, she turned the flash! Completely unaware of her victims condition, she concentrated on the camera, waiting for it to spit out the finished photo. It was just a moment after she received it, but the outcome was less than satisfying. Usually surprised, natural reactions came out well but, as she had feared, the lack of good source of light ruined it. Star's smile disappeared, replaced by the long face. She stated in a sad, innocent voice a pitch higher than she usually spoke: [colour=#dda0dd]"Awh... It was supposed to come out brilliant... Such a shame..."[/colour] She shook her head and tail as an accompaniment to her words, her mane waving sideways during the action.

• 3 weeks later...

Neon sighed, staring down at the ground, when he suddenly heard a young filly's voice, most likely directed towards him.

[colour=#AFEEEE]"Uhhh, what's your problem?"[/colour]

Looking up, he spotted a white and light blue pegasus filly up in the air above him. He watched as she lowered herself to the ground in front of him.

[colour=#AFEEEE]"You lookin' for something?"[/colour]

[colour=#6ec3f1]"Yeah I'm looking for something! I'm looking for an inn somewhere in this......this whatever-it's-called-ville! I'm completely ruined if I don't find the inn soon!" [/colour]Neon worriedly spoke, his voice clearly showing distress. It was rather easy to see that the stallion was upset, but then again, he seemed to be over-reacting as well. Obviously, Neon was unaware of this, as he was much more focused on getting to the inn. Normally, Neon would've greeted the filly with an outgoing and happy greeting before discussing his problem with her, but his worry right now was clearly taking over his thoughts.

Neon sighed in exasperation as he shook his head in worry. He probably looked like Equestria's biggest idiot right now, and that wasn't helping him right now. [colour=#6ec3f1]"Hey, do you know an inn around here, littly filly?"[/colour] The best thing he could do right now was ask for help. Best case scenario, she would be able to at least give him some info about the town and where to find the inn. Maybe there was still a glimmer of hope left for him...

[colour=#afeeee]"Well, seeing as how I've come down here to Ponyville about twice, counting this time, I'm gonna say no, I don't."[/colour] Cotton said, grinning. [colour=#afeeee]"Maybe there's someone else who does, though." [/colour]Cotton said, right as a mare walked up to them. [colour=#afeeee]"Perfect timing! This guy wants to know how to get to an inn. D'you know anything about that, miss?"[/colour]

[colour=#6ec3f1]"Darn, well, that's too ba-"[/colour] Neon sighed in disappointment, but as soon as he heard a voice come from nowhere, he turned, only to be greeted by a bright FLASH! A bit startled, and dazed, Neon took a few moments to re-collect himself. What just happened? [colour=#6ec3f1]"Huh?! Oh, uh, hello there!"[/colour] The stallion spoke to the new mare that had approached them. Neon soon realized that the mare seemed awfully upset.

[colour=#dda0dd]"Awh... It was supposed to come out brilliant... Such a shame..."[/colour]

[colour=#6ec3f1]"Uh....did you mean the picture?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Neon asked the frowning[/colour] unicorn. Did he do something wrong? Realizing that he should try to cheer up the mare, he decided to try and be a bit more friendly. After all, he didn't like to see others upset. [colour=#6ec3f1]"Hey! I'm sure it didn't turn out that bad, right?"[/colour] he asked her, his tone cheerful, yet a bit unusual. Usually, his natural light-hearted and happy attitude were able to cheer everyone around him up. However, today wasn't really one of those days where he could go up to someone and give them a big genuine smile. He slowly began to forget about his current problem for just bit, until suddenly, the filly's words reached his ears.

[colour=#afeeee]"Maybe there's someone else who does, though."[/colour]

[colour=#6ec3f1]"Oh, yeah!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Neon spoke with a heavy tone of realization. However, he took a moment to analyze the situation. It probably wasn't the be[/colour]st idea to just change subjects like that after this mare suddenly seemed quite disappointed. Putting on a cheerful smile, the unicorn began to introduce himeself.[colour=#6ec3f1] "Err, my name's Neon Lights. I preform songs and do a little recording in Canterlot. What's your name?"[/colour] An introduction was the best way to get on a pony's good side. Well, that's what Neon thought. Possibly he could get this mare to cheer up, and maybe he could get some information about this town from her a little while afterwards. Then everyone would be on their best today, right?

The photo kept drawing her attention. [colour=#dda0dd]"Shading, shading..."[/colour]. It seemed as it was the only issue with the image she stared at. Perhaps if she locked herself in darkroom and provided with appropriate resources to work with... Star rubbed her neck, constantly observing the details in the photograph, with an absent expression. Both the shot and camera were still levitating in front of her.

[colour=#6ec3f1]"-re it didn't turn out that bad, right?"[/colour] - she blinked at the intrusion of another, random thought in her head. [colour=#dda0dd]"Well of course it did!"[/colour] - the reply addressed to herself followed intuitively, before she noticed something doesn't fit here. It took her a second or two to realize it wasn't her imagination at all. Risi raised her head, what resulted in a cascade of her mane, which covered her left side of face as usual.

[colour=#afeeee]"Maybe there's someone else who does, though."[/colour]

She must have completely zoned herself out for a moment there, because she observed those two strangers like she saw them first time in her life. Finally, her brain decided to cease walking in the clouds and returned to Equestria. She hunched herself for a second, letting out an embarrassed, inarticulate sound - [colour=#dda0dd]"OwhIsm..."[/colour] - Star closed her eyes and straightened up on full height, pointing head at the ground, taking a deep breath and covering her face with a hoof. Such an embarrassment for her to simply forget about the ones she addressed herself! A foalish smile crawled up to her face as a consequence of her reckless deeds.

[colour=#6ec3f1]"Err, my name's Neon Lights. I preform songs and do a little recording in Canterlot. What's your name?"[/colour] - she wondered how much of conversation and sentences directed at her she missed. Grown mare lowered her hoof and turned her attention to the ponies in front of her. [colour=#dda0dd]"I'm sorry, I must have lost track of reality around me for a moment."[/colour] - she started once more, with a nervous, but clean, laughter as an interval. The photo levitated to her bag in the meanwhile, and her camera started tying itself around her neck, both engulfed in azure aura - [colour=#dda0dd]"Rising Star, professional photographer from the mentioned city."[/colour] - her cheerful voice accompanied the rarely disappearing smile. She added with just a tiny vein of irritation though: [colour=#dda0dd]"Although not yet known..."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#6ec3f1]"I see..."[/colour] Neon spoke after listening to the mare's introduction, also noticing that she seemed a bit unfocused at first. There seemed to be a small tone of annoyance that sprinkled her last few words. He knew too what it felt like to be not at all known by many others. Though maybe not at the moment, but that was because of his constant vigilance to become more well-known. There was still a long way to go, but at least he found himself improving by the day. [colour=#6ec3f1]"So, you're also from Canterlot!"[/colour] Giving another smile, Neon brightened up his tone. Rising seemed like she needed a bit of reassurance, despite her cheerful attitude...or was he just seeing things?

[colour=#6ec3f1]"Well, how long have you been here in ......um.....this town?"[/colour] His question seemed a bit unsure, though he knew he needed to ask it. What if this mare wasn't from the town at all? He didn't want to make a fool of himself. Also, conversation was his sort of thing. In fact, sometimes he wondered if he talked too much. Sometimes he would take up the whole conversation by himself, without letting anyone else speak. Today was a special case though, as he didn't have too much to say. Only ask. [colour=#6ec3f1]"You see...I'm...kinda.....just a little........oh Celestia...I'm lost."[/colour] Neon chuckled nervously, shuffling his hooves and scratching his head. [colour=#6ec3f1]"I don't really know my way around this town....and it kinda sucks..."[/colour] He couldn't help but seem like a tourist, but it couldn't be helped. He didn't know his way around, he wanted to have some fun while he was here, and he was planning to stay for a while. either way, he now only hoped that he would be able to get the help he needed.