THE MARIO THREAD

SuperMushroom

Well, if you can guess by my name, avatar, and recent posts, I am a major Mario fan. I love anything to do with that pesky plumber, and I thought I'd start a discussion thread about anything Mario. (Please try to refrain from the topic that is the Super Mario Bros movie. If you haven't seen it, you're a lucky man)

Anyways, let'sa go!

I suppose I haven't played much of the mario games, but what I have played I've found very difficult not to like. The rpgs would have to my favorite games, with yoshi's island following close behind. They truly are great games.

The final bosses are always done very well in every game I've played. I'd go so far as to say those are the best parts. Who could forget giant baby bowser, if you've played yoshi's island? Or rather who could forget any bowser fight?

The final bosses are always done very well in every game I've played. I'd go so far as to say those are the best parts. Who could forget giant baby bowser, if you've played yoshi's island? Or rather who could forget any bowser fight?

I know I can't. :D My favorite has to be the one in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. My favorite boss, however, has to be the Bouldergiest in Super Mario Galaxy. Classic!

I've always played Nintendo ever since I was young and Mario games have been among the most played. Nintendo has always done a great job with most of the mario games (aside from the ever infamous educational games), and it always is a gem playing them! Even then, there is one game that seems underappreciated, which is the Donkey Kong gameboy game, usually called Donkey Kong '94. Other than that, all the other Mario games that follow through the years have always been great! I think of all of them, Super Mario Sunshine is one of my absolute favorites in the franchise. In the end, however, the final bosses are always a great climax to a great game, but I think that's where Super Mario Sunshine sorta falls off.

As for Mario vs. Sonic, I've actually played both when I was young, and they're both really fun for their own reasons, so it's hard to really show any hate against either. As much as I enjoy Sonic games, the newest ones just don't captivate my attention. Shadow the Hedgehog is probably the furthest I've played and owned, but everything before that has been a great experience otherwise!