(Ponyville) Lore Looking for Love (Ended)

Lux

The simple question appeared to have touched a nerve with the mare as she seemed frightened by even the thought of being alone with no pony to help her.

"Don't worry. I don't think you'll ever see that happen to you," he said trying to lessen her fears.

Lore Weaver listened as Moondancer spoke about her dream to create a teleporting dance show. He could picture dancers disappearing ion stage only to reappear on another area.

"Those all sound like a good idea. I can picture some show where ponies are doing a combination of dancing and circus acts while teleporting. By helping others or teaching aren't bad either as i think you'd make a good teacher for those learning magic."

Lore pondered what he would do with his magic. Ever since knowing his talent he settled into how to use them. But this question provoked his deepest interests.

"Hmm... I don't know. I really wanted to be the head librarian at the library at Canterlot. That way I could keep safe all those ancient texts. Maybe be an instructor at a college with history or something. Oh, and i definitely want to write a book!"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9QqAB3q.png?2

"Don't worry. I don't think you'll ever see that happen to you,"

“Of course it wouldn’t,” Moondancer reassured through a chuckle; “Because the event is fundamentally preposterous! When was the last time you read about somepony being banished to an island, eh? And if you did get shipwrecked on one, you wouldn’t get to choose what items get saved, now would you?”

"Those all sound like a good idea. I can picture some show where ponies are doing a combination of dancing and circus acts while teleporting. By helping others or teaching aren't bad either as i think you'd make a good teacher for those learning magic."

“Hmmm… we’ll see,” mused the unicorn mare; “My old mentor thinks I should get into teaching; she was the one that even told me to intern at my old school’s magic practicing halls. Then again, she’s also an instructor herself, so… eh heh heh…” Moony now thought that just maybe she should be speaking to Immie’ more about such matters, since she was also a good career counselor too for all things revolving around the use of unicorn magic.

"Hmm... I don't know. I really wanted to be the head librarian at the library at Canterlot. That way I could keep safe all those ancient texts. Maybe be an instructor at a college with history or something. Oh, and i definitely want to write a book!"

Moondancer needed a bit more information about Lore’s choice of library; “Ehhh, which library do you want to work at? Canterlot’s got several; the royal archives, the university libraries, the magic school library, and that big ole’ public one that actually lets everypony borrow books.

...Oh, what would you write about in your book!?”

"You're right," Lore said as he could see that the pony felt better about being left alone due to how silly it sounded. The stallion listened as Moondancer tried to explain what she wanted to do. Both sounded nice to Lore, although the teaching one was probably more achievable than her stage show idea.

"Well, as long as you do something that makes you happy that's all that matters. I guess I'm not good as a counselor for things like careers, so maybe this one you spoke about can help you to whee you want to go in your life. Oh and speaking of dreams and careers, yeah guess I should have told you which library in Canterlot, right? Well ideally the royal archives or the magic school library would be my two top choices, although somewhere like the public library would work too. I'm not picky as long as I was surrounded by books. To me i can't think of doing anything else but sharing knowledge with others, and what better place to do so than at a library? Sadly though there weren't any openings at these libraries, so I decided to take matters into my own hooves and open a bookstore. I admit it was a big risk and I wasn't sure if I'd get customers considering that there's a library right across the road from my shop but I'm doing pretty well and I wouldn't have met as many nice ponies from Ponyville if I didn't move there."

Moondancer then asked about his novel, something that he liked to do as much as running his bookstore.

"Well, I want to write some fantasy books, things that younger and older ponies can enjoy, like the Daring Do series. I'm currently working on one right now which I hope to publish soon."

• 1 month later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

"Well, I want to write some fantasy books, things that younger and older ponies can enjoy, like the Daring Do series. I'm currently working on one right now which I hope to publish soon."

"Fantasy books, eh?" There was only one logical question that Moondancer could ask next; "Your story doesn't happen to involve a bookstore-owning protagonist who's actually a researcher whiz who fights evil, does it? You know what they say about authors, don't you? They always write about what they know best, tehehe."

After giggling over that tired cliche, Moony added; "Glad to hear the bookstore thing is working out for you. All things considered, you'll probably end up making more money than the average librarian, anyway. Not that money is everything in life mind you, but you have to admit it's easier to live life with more money than less....."

Lore Weaver's eyes went wide when Moondancer began to explain a plot for a story. It seemed very familiar to the stallion what she was saying.

"Wait... how did you know that? You're can't read minds too, can you? Well, actually yes, I am working on a story about a bookseller, but he actually uses his research to solve crimes like if a pony goes missing or something gets stolen. There is another one I have in mind where a pony is a writer but he finds out that some of his characters he creates are actually real! That would be interesting right, being part of a story and the writer too, right? Yeah, I do write about the things I know best like other stories and the fact that I own a book shop."

Moondancer then giggled about the cliche that writers write about what they know. Although heard a number of times, it was the truth as many writers did so either by writing what they loved to read or by what they did. Still he couldn't imagine seeing some cases where say a pony writing about a grand adventure would be an adventurer themselves, at least he had yet to meet one that could do so.

"Thanks, I am happy that I'm working at the store. And yes having a few more bits at the end of the day, but I'm really doing this for the same reason as if i were working at a library: helping to give knowledge to others even if it means just a fiction book. Guess that would be the same thing for you with your idea of having a show. You want to see ponies happy, right? Even your idea of teaching would help ponies learn too."

• 4 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

"...That would be interesting right, being part of a story and the writer too, right?..."

Bingo! Moondancer’s guess hit very close to the mark, believe it or not. “You made me think of something,” the girl began theorizing; “You know how you said that a writer being part of the story would be exciting? I wonder how many famous characters are actually the authors themselves with different names? I heard that’s actually happened a few times in the past… but something tells me that it’s a lot harder to get away with that sort of thing now.”

"Thanks, I am happy that I'm working at the store. And yes having a few more bits at the end of the day, but I'm really doing this for the same reason as if i were working at a library: helping to give knowledge to others even if it means just a fiction book. Guess that would be the same thing for you with your idea of having a show. You want to see ponies happy, right? Even your idea of teaching would help ponies learn too."

As the waiter took away her finished meal, Moondancer took some time to reflect on Lore's latest advice. After a couple moments of contemplation; she broke her silence; "I do admit I like my internship over at the Magic School. Hmmmm... I'll figure things out soon enough...."

“You made me think of something,” the girl began theorizing; “You know how you said that a writer being part of the story would be exciting? I wonder how many famous characters are actually the authors themselves with different names? I heard that’s actually happened a few times in the past… but something tells me that it’s a lot harder to get away with that sort of thing now.”

"You know, I have no idea how many there would be. Then again even if an author decided to be part of their story, you have to wonder how much of that character is the author and what is made up. Like for example an adventure novel. I don't know if any adventurers would be authors too. That would be neat though, writing about their own experiences exploring new places and discovering new treasure. So they would not only be the character in the story but their character would be their other self. Still again, I have no clue if there's even one out there like that or if I'd ever meet them."

There was a pause as Moondancer reflected on what Lore said about teaching, ending with her deciding that more time would be needed to decide.

"Well I'm not trying to push you into anything you don't want to do with your life. It's just that sometimes i can picture certain ponies doing certain things. I guess it comes from the fact that I help ponies find books all day and it seems that there is always a trend between what they buy and what they like to do. Sometimes it's a hobby while other times it's their talent or career. Alright here's a question for you. If you never met me in the bookstore and saw that i worked there, would you think that it was my career?"

• 2 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

"Alright here's a question for you. If you never met me in the bookstore and saw that i worked there, would you think that it was my career?"

Moondancer didn’t quite understand what Lore Weaver was trying to ask her. “You mean like if we never met and I heard only what your name was and what you did?” the young mare asked as her finished dish got taken away by the waiter; “Hmmm, going by your name alone then, I’d say there was only a 25 percent chance that running a bookstore was your career. Lore Weaver sounds more like an author’s name.....”

"Hmm... you'd think that I'd be an author just by my named," Lore said between bites of his sandwich, "Well I guess my parents thought that I'd be doing something related to writing. My cutie mark isn't for owning a bookstore though or even for liking books but for writing. A lot of ponies though do seem to mistaken my talent and I guess I admittedly don't spend that much time with writing as my job takes up lots of time. Anyway, now that we're on the subject, if I just heard your name and we never met, I'd think you'd be a dancer, maybe a ballerina."

• 2 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

"Well, no," chuckled the young mare; "My parents named me Moondancer simply because my mom wanted my name to match with the rest of my siblings. From oldest to youngest, it'd be Moonvixen, me, Moondasher, Moonprancer, Moondonner, and Moonblitzen." Moony giggled again before continuing; "But actually, I do like dancing at clubs every now and then, so I guess my name does make sense after all, hehehe!"

The two ponies chatted like this for sometime. A while after Lore finished his sandwich, the waiter finally came back with the bill. In a kind mood, Moondancer offered; "Here Lore, lemme' pay half of that," as she brought out several bits onto the table with her magic.....

"I can see why they named you then," Lore said with a chuckle, "Although I can picture the confusion when somepony calls out Moon, and you entire family turns think that it is them being called. But I'm glad that you are finding things that you like to do. I'm afraid dancing is something I'm not very good at. I've been told I have four left hooves."

It appeared like their lunch out, one that was as pleasant as it was awkward, was coming to an end. Upon hearing Moondancer saying she would pay for her lunch, the purple unicorn felt a little guilt inside of him.

"No Moon, I feel I should pay for your lunch, especially after the way I acted before. You stayed even though in all respects you could have just left being upset. Besides that, you also bought something from my store, and for that I'm just as grateful. Maybe what i need in my life are more friends like you. Then things would be happier."

• 2 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

Moondancer accepted Lore Weaver’s offer to let him pay for the entire lunch, since he kinda was the stallion who brought her to this restaurant in the first place. “Awww, I could have paid for my share,” the young mare vented out a small amount of guilt, but careful not to shove aside the other’s generosity; “But thanks Lore! You’re really not that bad of a guy, you know.”

With any luck, Lore Weaver would one day find his special somepony. All he needed to do was get rid of his jitters, and accept that he’ll get shot down for any other random reasons, and he’ll be on his way towards finding love. In the meantime, Moondancer planned on making a penpal out of the bookstore owner, since she spent most of her time in Canterlot. Moony felt confident that Lore would be fun to write to, especially fifteen minutes later after she left the store for today with her purchased book.

OOC: I think this is a good ending point. I’d rather end on a high note than attempting to drag this RP the entire way to when the two ponies say their goodbyes.

• 2 weeks later...

"Thanks," Lore said as he payed for the lunch, "You're nice too. Who knows, maybe one day we'll meet againg, maybe here or in Canterlot. Anyway, let's head back to my shop. I think there's a bag of books with your name on it."

As they left the cafe, Lore Weaver thought about the events of the day and how his attempts at perhaps finding love almost endeed in disaster had Moondancer would have been upset by his attempt. Sometimes though learning the hard way was as effective as learning things easily. One thing was for certain for Lore Weaver: the next time he would be looking for love, he would take things easier and slower!

This brings the thread to an end. Thanks for the fun!

Archived