[Cloudsdale] Daily Constitutionals

Mutt

Sundrop Sprinkle awws and pouts as he is addressed by his parents. His father stands behind him, hoof tapping, and his mother addresses him firmly. "Now, Sundrop. I know you're hesitant to go outside again, but the doctor says you won't be healthy unless you start getting regular exercise. So you are going to go OUTSIDE right now mister, and going for a walk. Not a hover, not a skipping flutter. A walk. Your legs aren't going to get strong again unless you put weight on them."

Sundrop pouts up at her, then looks away. "But.. Mooom. I'm already taking the medcine... Why can't I stay in and read? What if ... I fall off the clouds? I'm not strong enough... to get back up to Cloudsdale." he replies, his breathing still slightly labored. He has to pause to inhale occasionally. The medicine holds off his fever effectively, and though he is led to believe he's getting better, he's slightly immuno-compromised. The only way he'll get better is if he gets exercise and continues taking his medicine. Keeping him in the dark about his condition is difficult, but he doesn't need anything else weighing him down. He's disturbed enough as it is.

"Not buts, little foal. You're not going to fall, Cloudsdale is very well constructed. I should know~ Now take your medicine." She picks up a small bottle and leans in, holding the spout in front of him. He sighs, pinning his ears and opens wide. He grimaces as the medicine is poured in, so sourrrr. So bitter. He hated it. But if he kept taking it he would get better. He swallows, and then is quickly shoo'd outside by an eager hoof. "Now go, have fun, get some exercise! It's time those beautiful wings of yours got some sunshine!" the door is closed behind him, and he wobbles on his legs. He looks about weakly, and sneakily begins to flutter his wings to alleviate some of the weight. A sharp cough from a window, obviously his mother, causes him to stop.

Sundrop sighs, and begins taking slow, gentle steps along the clouds. The cushiony nature makes it a little bit easier on his legs, but each step is still a chore. He begins his walk, looking about weakly at all the happy pegasus zipping about gleefully. Why couldn't he just do that, it's not like he even needed legs! the foal sighs and wonders where he should go to. Maybe he could stop off somewhere for a cool drink.. Except.. He doesn't have any money. Drat. He wobbles a bit as he progresses, and looks back. His house is still only a few meters away. "Aww man, this is gonna take forevers.."

Shimmer Star

Shimmer Star cantered along, her school bags bouncing at her sides. One side held a large dictionary, and the other her parchment, quills and countless bottles of ink, so they were both quite heavy, but Shimmer didn't care. She was having a great day and nothing, nothing could ruin that.

Shimmer then felt a slight tickling sensation on her neck, and realized one of her quills was slipping out of her overly stuffed bag due to her bouncing. She slowed her pace a bit and attempted to push it back in, but only succeded in knocking a bottle of pitch black ink out of her bag. She watched it roll away down the path for moment before racing after it, trying to catch the skittering glass bottle.

One the pegasus had caught the glass bottle did she stop to take a breath and look around. When she did she noticed a colt just a few feet away from her, who was walking shakily away from what seemed to be his house. "Oh, hi!" She called, gently placing a single white hoof on the container of ink so it couldn't escape again.