So, nationalities ?

Mikku

I bet you all will hate me for this but

I know they're all from Ponyville, and that's not even anywhere near Earth, but

What nationality do you think the Mane 6 would each be have if they were from here/human/ whatever floats your boat.

Thought of this for an art idea, using flag colours for the picture colours of each pony, and I'm narrow minded on these subjects.

Also the arguments on Humanized Mane6 skin colours that you always identically stumble upon on DeviantART.

Couldn't find anything about this anywhere so forgive me.

This all in good fun, ja ?

Pretty sure Applejack would be a western American type, can't think clearly enough for the others.

How has this not had any replies yet?

Either way I tend to think of all of the mane 6 and most of the background ponies as being Caucasian (of European decent, for those who don't know) but not really what their country of origin would be; and if you think about it, would make sense when you see the Hearth's Warming play the three tribes were all based on European cultures. Then there are a few Ponies that we've seen that have features that are more Asian (such as a few of Photo Finish's assistants) who would in fact be Asian. Zebras are African since even in our world Zebras are Africa's equivalent to Horses. Then Buffalo are Aboriginal (I also imagine Deer to be Aboriginal because not all Native people are bulky, perhaps Moose and Reindeer as well)

But I know that the ancient Pegasi were supposed to be Greek, which makes sense because, they really did originate in Greece, then the ancient Unicorns I believe were supposed to be English, and I think the ancient Earth Ponies were Spaniards but I'm not really sure.