Everfree encounter [Private]

Shadowrunner

[colour=#282828]The sun was shining brightly through the lush green canopy of the everfree. A cool breeze was blowing as i walked down a path. The scars on my face gave my smile an erie look. i hear a twig snap and i look behind me and see a unicorn in a cloak. I get an uneasy look and i tense up a bit [/colour]

[colour=#282828]"Hello" i say sounding slightly confused[/colour]

The cloaked unicorn was a tall mare with a coat of blackest night, her short scarlet mane draped over to the side of her face as she trudged through the forest. Her ears perked up as the confused voice of a stallion disturbed her trip into the dangerous forest. She carefully steps off a broken twig and slowly approaches the pegasus, the unicorn glancing over to the resident of the forest with a pair of intense crimson eyes.

"I apologize if my intrusion into this forest has disturbed you, it was not my intention," she apologized, the stoic mare not in the least bit frightened as she looked her equally dark counterpart over. Her long black horn glowed a dark red as she lowered her cowl with magic to give him an equal view of her face. "Hello Stranger, I am attempting to pass through your forest, I have no intention of causing unnecessary disturbance to you," she added, in an almost monotone manner.

The large Pegasus smiled, and looked at the unicorn. The scar through his right eye giving him a erie and dark look. He had a near blank look on his face and seemed quite tired.

"What brings you out here, don't see many ponies wandering around in the forest" he asked in a happy tone

Asteria looked over his face, her expression unchanging even as she saw his eye. She seemed very collected and calm for reasons unknown. It begged the question of how it got there, but the mare was far too polite to ask such a personal question.

She paused as he inquired into why she was here, the unicorn sensing that he was pleased to see her arrival. "I enter the forest to free my trail from anyone who may be following me. I feel that this forest is safer than being blindly followed after," she remarked calmly for him, not exactly explaining herself too well. It still begged the question though, what was she doing that was more dangerous than the forest?

"It would be unsafe for both of us if I told you what I did for a living. I could only tell you if you agreed to not divulge my personal information to anyone," she explained ominously. to him, her words seeming to hint that it was something he might not want to know.

The mare glanced down at one of her hooves, spotting a large spider climbing up the side of her cloak. Even then, she maintained her composure, the unicorn carefully picking it up in her magic and placing it on a nearby tree. "This location is relatively safe as long as one does not dawdle in one place needlessly as we are now," she explained calmly to him. She seemed almost robotic at a glance, this mare was definitely strange as the very least.

She blinked a bit, thinking over his response. He hadn't given her any reason to doubt his intentions. If what he had said was true, which his appearance would seem to validate, it was unlikely that he had many connections outside the forest to ought her regardless.

"Okay, I will accept your terms, please keep my words confidential. I am a courier who delivers items that require or desire secrecy. If a thief is tailing me, entering a place that is perceived as dangerous can be a strategy to elude them," she explained in what seemed like a genuine manner.

Her expression remained absolutely stoic, even with his sharp teeth showing to her.

"It is safer to avoid conflict than it is to initiate. In regards to if I am being tailed, I am not aware of any. I am not arrogant enough to think I am omniscient though, and it is always a possibility that one has eluded my detection," she modestly explained to him in her usual monotone voice. Something about this mare was in the very least, odd. Something was also amiss with the black pegasus, but she was too polite to bring it up to him.

He shrugs confused as to why the mare's speech is so monotone

"I've never been good at avoiding conflict, seems to find me where ever i go"

He pauses and thinks for a moment. Wanting to help he decided he should ask if something had happened, or if something had gone wrong.

"Not to be rude but something seems a little odd about you, are you ok?" He asked with a hint of concern in his voice

The mare cocked her head to the side as he shrugged, her eyes watching his movements closely. "Sometimes we can not change things despite our best efforts. You can never really know if your efforts will always be futile though. I would suggest taking countermeasures perhaps. I wear a cloak to make myself less noticeable," she suggested calmly to him.

When asked about her demeanor, the unicorn blinked, glancing back to him. "Voice inflection is not necessary for communication. I prefer to avoid extraneous things. Is that an acceptable explanation," she explained calmly, not exactly answering his question as they stood in the middle of the dangerous forest.

He looked at her, noticing that she was watching his movements. He then started to watch hers.

"That makes sense, stealth is a valuable tool out here. All though I often prefer a more open solution to most conflicts"

When she answered his question he nodded and smiled all though his question had not been answered as completely as he liked. He decided it was best not to question her further, at least not at the moment.

"Yes, that will do"

"Thank you for your patience sir. I must continue on to Ponyville. I have a client waiting on my arrival and it would be rude to delay him substantially longer," she explained calmly to the black pegasus as her eyes drifted towards the path to the exit. "May our next meeting be in more amiable circumstances," she politely added, doing a subservient bow before him, the unicorn quickly returning to a normal posture and going back to her work.

The strange unicorn trotted out of the forest at a leisurely pace. Asteria thought the pegasus was a rather unique individual, but she decided to reserve and serious judgements of him for a later date. After a short walk, she was gone as soon as she had appeared.

(sorry, not really much I can do with this sort of RP. Thanks for posting regardless, we can call this over)