A Friend in Need ( Open )

MorningDawn

He let out a sigh "Well..if what my queen said was true. A long time ago we were banished from Equestria because ponies thought we were monsters by the way we looked. We weren't evil we just look it....we starved no one gave us love so we had to steal it. We attacked Canterlot because we were desperate!" He was looking at the ground.

"Well technically if it's willingly given we can be fed and it wouldn't do as much damage as stealing does. But who would give this." He motioned to himself. "Love willingly these days. It used to be so simple before the rumors started after the exile we tried to get ponies to accept us again...when the hunger was to much and our numbers began to dwindle...we had to resort to stealing."

"Well the reason we were banished was because somepony was hurt because she well..she accidentally gave her Changeling husband a little too much love. She was fine but somepony thought it was intentional and began to tell others. Soon most of the population was against us. The princess included." He grumbled when he mentioned Celestia.

"Oh wow..." Dusk Fade was shocked. Had there really been a time when changelings and ponies lived in peace? Maybe...

Dusk Fade was suddenly overcome by a sense of exaustion. It had been a long day, and so much had happened. Following some protests, and some encouraging, Dusk put the colts to bed. She lead Dopple to the spare room. Before she closed the door, she turned to him. "Changelings can take the form of anypony, right?"

She looked over at the same picture. She had forgotten that she kept that in here.. She had only moved to ponyville a few weeks ago. It was a picture from Broad Swords first day in the royal guard. He was a tall green stallion, very muscular, a unicorn. He had his prized sword attached to the flank of his armor. And a younger Dusk Fade gazing up at him, smiling brightly. That... That was the last time she had been that happy. The wedding had been the next day. Funny how things work out like that, huh? A tear rolled down her cheek. A single tear. "I... I just want to see him one more time... See him one last time, not drenched in changeling blood, not drenched in his blood... Not..." Her voice cracked as she relived that day. "Not shoved into one of those slime pods..." She squeezed her eyes shut, then, her anger reborn for a moment, she shoved Dopple with her forehooves and cried in the corner of the room.

Dusk Fade turned her head slowly, starting to apologize for shoving him. "Im sorry, I just-" She was cut off when she looked at him. "Oh my..." She was silent for a long while, looking into eyes she had not seen in so long... She then burst into tears once again, but tears of joy. She threw herself around the stallions neck, hugging him tightly, smelling that dark mane, the scent still so familiar after all these years. She held him smiling, tears dampening the green coat.

She held him for a while longer, reliving happy memories that were brought back by the smell of his mane. She had not thought of these memories in years. Eventually, though, she pulled away. This was not her Broad Sword, no matter how much she wanted it to be. But it was nice to see those eyes... How had Dopple gotten the look of those eyes, the apparent love that Broad Sword had for her, right? She guessed that they must be good at changing... "Thank you.. I..." She wiped her eye. "I needed that."