The arrival of 'just another' pegasi!

Well, here it was - the night of the Grand Galloping Gala, and Robikku had gotten mixed amongst the throes of the crowds...his ticket nestled cosily in his bag as he enters the hall with every other pony, unicorn and pegasi waiting to get into the deep bowels of the festivities. The pegasus was sporting for the night a very fetching light blue jacket, over a white shirt - wearing a red tie...although he still felt a little awkward in it as he enters the large doors of the main hall.

His class had been handed tickets by their tutor, but it wasn't really a class outing so he had gone quietly on his own for the night...it was how he'd preferred to keep it as he wasn't really one to stay too close with his fellow students all that much, and he was more inclined to see what went on here by himself anyway. His main aim for the evening was to see just what kind of legal contacts he could make, maybe catch a glimpse of the wonderbolts, and probably hang out with whoever he found to be interesting at the Gala - he wasn't really sure what more he could want but he figured that he'd work that out for himself later on in the evening if anything really struck him as worth pursuing as an idea.

" Geez - everythings so, so... " The pegasus said to himself, looking around at the plush and well furnished surroundings with a sense of awe and wonder. " So GRAND! "

He'd never been in the castle grounds before, and this was more than he'd ever expected to see. It would certainly be an honor to be able to speak to the Princesses Luna and Celestia - although Robikku found himself preferring to want to give Luna a hug considering all that he'd heard about her unfortunate history, and her attempts to make amends. of course, he still wanted as much to just say his appreciative thanks to Celestia herself too - it was always an honor for any pony to gain even a moment of her time, and he didn't want to appear like an ingrate in front of royalty!

Besides - he wanted tonight to go well...because despite his otherwise lacking ambition in his general agenda of enjoyment for the evening, he still planned to find a way of making it the best night ever!

The blue earth pony stallion walked through the crowd. The Gala was not his scene. Back in his youth, perhaps it would have been... A chance to woo a good-looking filly, and if that had meant crossing blades with one of her other admirers (as had happened at the one Gala he'd previously attended), so much the better.

But Escrime had grown older and cynical. Too many years within the Equestrian army, all too often overlooked for promotion in favour of somepony with bluer blood or more horn... even when said horn seemed to fill volume better devoted to brain.

His mind turned to s lighter subject: his receipt of the invitation to the Gala. That he received an invitation at all had been somewhat unexpected. The exact mode of the tickets arrival... well, either it was somepony's idea of a joke or he'd just encountered weirdness that made Pinkie Pie (if she was more than an urban legend...) look normal!

The invitation had arrived enclosed not merely within the standard envelope bearing Celestia's mark but also within a second envelope bearing a seal which looked strangely like Escrime's own cutiemark. The note within this second envelope was where things got weird... it purported to come from one 'Escrime d'Duello, Marshal of the Army and Regent of the citystate of Equitopolis'. A momentary glance at an atlas had confirmed the 'real' Escrime's suspision that no such place existed.

Still, the letter had at least been somewhat entertaining, with plenty of dry wit. One line came easily to mind:

"... Though I am doubtful the grey Pegasus who delivered this invitation can be regarded as fully sentient, I would still suggest you impress it upon her that letters are usually not meant to be delivered to alternate universes."

And Escrime gave a slight chuckle as he recalled it.

His mind returned to the Gala itself. No doubt it would be boring... but still, perhaps he would run into that good looking mare he had run into back at that bookseller's a couple of weeks ago.

[[Whoops! I've gone a bit meta there... looks like Derpy accidentally sent the invite to the version of Esc I play in another RP :P ]]

Sunset walks into the main hall, breathing in the scent of the royalty. 'I don't really belong here,'he thought to himself. 'Then again, maybe I can finally find a Pegasus that is worthy to challenge me...' Sunset walks up to Robikku. "Hey, you there! Yeah, you! The Pegasus! Do you wanna race?" Sunset smirks, convinced he can win. A little voice in the back of his mind was telling him 'Sunset, you know you shouldn't be doing this. Remember- you crashed the last time you pushed yourself too hard, and that wasn't so long ago!' But Sunset doesn't listen. He leans against a table and waits for a response.

((I'm new, is this how RP here works? I just jump in and have a go? Also, do we have an OOC area?))

The pegasus was somewhat bewildered by a sudden request from an anonymous pony about a race...this was hardly something he'd been used to doing out of the blue, he thought to himself calmly, and it seemed like there was almost no way to just 'get out of it' without having this young colt goad him further.

It was one heck of a Dillemma, and the pegasus cleared his throat - a little unsure of just how he should respond to something like this...there wasn't any easy solution.

This was going against all his better judgment, and he knew it, but...there was a streak of competitiveness within the Peasus that ran deep back to his days of wishing to have joined the thunderbolts as a colt - and this side of him was going to override all shreds of common sense...

" Screw it. " The pegasus said, realising mentally that he could potentially regret this sentence.

" I'll take you up on this action, kid...and still be back in time for the best H'ors doeurves in the place! "

What harm would a little stress-relieving race before the Gala be anyway?, the Pegasus thought to himself.

{{ Going along with it for the moment - if it's argued against by Admin, however, then it's all good. }}

Sunset smiles devilishly. "I'm sure you'll enjoy your race...", he said sweetly. Under his breath, so nopony could hear, he whispered "Or at least I will, when I win. Sunsetstarted to walk out towards the gardens. He beckoned for this poor new victim to follow. Never once did it occur to him that this Pegasus might be fast enough to beat him. He just didn't think like that.

The Pegasus stepped out from the crowd a little anxiously and follows Sunset - what the heck did this kid have to prove that was so desperate for him to ask a pegasus he didn't even know to a race?

Robikku knew in the back of his mind that he needed to be prepared for anything...an elaborate trick, or some kind of scam, or maybe just something downright mean - but that competitive need that had been instilled within him since colthood wouldn't let him back out now...his own hotheaded nature had taken hold and was even now making him secretly quite eager to get a chance to show the young colt what he could do.

It was silly, and he knew he shouldn't be so easy to jump on anything like this...but hell, it sounded like fun!

Sunset walked up to a little pot plant. All around the garden, similar pot plants stood in a circle. Sunset pointed with one hoof. "See how the plants are in a circle? We fly three laps around them. Sunset smiled. This was his kind of contest- even though he wasn't exactly slender, and might have some trouble getting through the tougher plants, he was built for speed and agility. He eyed the Pegasus next to him. He seemed agitated, but ready.

"Ready? One...

Two...

Three...

Go!" Sunset was off like a bolt of lightning, hoping that he had left the other Pegasus behind. He raced around, craving his neck to see if the pegasus was there.

Escrime rolled his eyes when he heard the two Pegasi bickering. It was so damn typical of the winged nuisances... always arguing over who was ever so slightly faster or ever so slightly better at some particular trick.

Usually Esc would have just ignored this, but a race at the gala had the posibility of getting interesting. Perhaps one of them would crash into somepony they shouldn't have or else get in the way of the Wonderbolts' display... either the guards may be called to sort things out or perhaps, if Esc was lucky, harsh words would lead to a brawl or duel?

Thus, tempted by the possibility of watching a disaster unfold the Earth pony followed the two pegasi out into the gardens.