The Aftermath (Sherlock/Cherry Bloom)

Lilia

Cherry had flown her way back to Sherlock's home with him on her back, worry deep in her blue eyes. He had just passed out after they had solved their last case and it had taken all of her strength to not cry out for her stallionfriend. As far as she was concerned, once the Castle Guards got the mare, she was ready to leave. It had taken two guards to get Sherlock draped across her back with him passed out. She landed on the balcony as gently as she could, slowing herself to be able to walk him to his couch as quickly and carefully as possible.

He slid off of her back to the couch with only a slight nudge from her as she sat and looked at him. He didn't look well at all...and he had exerted himself in their 'interview'.

"[colour=#008000]What happened to you, Sherlock? You were doing fine...then you weren't. I'm not going to let you work yourself to death...no way.[/colour]" She murmured, waiting for any sign that he would be waking soon.

Sherlock twitched a little just laying on the couch, he was still breathing but not doing much else. After a few tense moments his eyes flared open and he sat up, then proceeded to sway and tumble over, [colour=#800000]"WHA?!...... Ooof Where am I?" [/colour]Sherlock got onto his hoofs still very unsteady and tried to walk around. [colour=#800000]"They... they... *blink* Where are they?.... WAIT.... Lilia are we... when did I come back to the flat? I was watching Le Stride take the criminals away..... Did I pass out?"[/colour]

Sherlock's movements drew Cherry out of her thoughts, her wings folding tighter against her flanks as she moved beside him.

"[colour=#008000]Sherlock...you did pass out. Le Stride took away the criminals and I flew you here after you hit the ground. You've been out for a little while...[/colour]" She murmured, relaxing herself enough to offer a wing for support. "[colour=#008000]You're still hurt. I'd rather you rest than keep pushing yourself.[/colour]" She added, a touch of concern evident in her voice. Sherlock's wellbeing was in her hooves, at least as long as she could tend to him.

Sherlock looked down at himself and padded himself a little. [colour=#800000]"Hmm... No no, I'm quite alright. I just passed out due to lack of calories... sometimes I forget for a couple days." [/colour]He chuckled and tried to stagger his way to his pantry, [colour=#800000]"Just a little quick something and I'll be good as new.... happens every once and while dear nothing to worry on." [/colour]Sherlock made it to the pantry and reached up to take hold of the door only to wobble and fall over, not having the strength to stand on three hooves. [colour=#800000]"Hmm that hasn't happened in a while.... when was the last time I ate?"[/colour]

Cherry thought for a moment at how long it had been. That morning? No...it had to have been at least a day, considering she hadn't eaten either. She sighed softly and picked up the ingredients for something simple to make that was still filling for both of them.

"[colour=#008000]I think it was the day before yesterday. Why don't I make us something? You get some rest.[/colour]" She stated, looking at the ingredients she had taken. She could make an apple crumble easily enough, though it would be a little while before everything was done. She smiled and realized that oats would be just as good, and the crumble could still be made as a special treat.

Sherlock wobbles a little and stands up straight composing himself. [colour=#800000]"No... no I'm fine. I don't want you to go to all that...." [/colour]How ever as he stepped forward his leg gave out and he fell flat on his face before he could finish his thought. Lying there for a moment he looked back and chuckled [colour=#800000]"On second thought.... maybe you're right darling." [/colour]Sherlock made his way to the couch and crawled up. [colour=#800000]"I'm sorry about this.... when I get involved in my work I sometimes forget about most other things.... that's why I was so hesitant to get close to you.... I didn't want you to be one of the things I neglect."[/colour]

Cherry turned slightly when Sherlock got to the couch, a smile in her eyes.

"[colour=#008000]I wouldn't let you neglect me, love...and it's no trouble to feed us both. Now rest for a moment, I'll be there when I'm done.[/colour]" She said, the tinge of pink in her cheeks obvious as she turned back to start the cobbler. It was only a few minutes before she had the treat baking and the oats ready, but to her it felt like no time at all had passed. All she had to do was remember that the cobbler was baking and all would be well...or so she hoped.

"[colour=#008000]Eat now. I'll not stand for you to starve on my watch.[/colour]" She grinned, sliding a bowl in front of his muzzle. Her own stomach growled in protest, a laugh escaping her when she realized that she was hungry.

Sherlock stared at the food and smiled, he was about to take a bite when he heard the tail tell sounds of Cherry's own hunger pains.[colour=#800000] "Hmmm seams like somepony should take her own advice." [/colour]He sighed and began to eat some, he wanted to get Cherry to eat as well but he was quite hungry. He had always had a bad habit of forgetting to eat. He ate the cobbler with controlled enthusiasm, he didn't want to make a mess or look like a slob, but it was really good.

Cherry laughed softly at Sherlock's comment, nodding her agreement. It didn't take long for the cobbler to disappear from before her, a content smile replacing the worried expression of a few moments before. "[colour=#007000]Mmm...that hit the spot. It's hard to believe that turned out so well...especially since I'm not so spectacular with cooking...[/colour]" She blushed, realizing she hadn't admitted it before.

Sherlock nodded in appreciation and fell backwards on the couch, [colour=#800000]"There's another reason I don't eat while working very much.... I get very sleepy afterwards.... it slows me down." [/colour]He leans over and looks up at you. [colour=#800000]"Thank you for taking care of me Lilia...."[/colour]

• 4 months later...

Cherry simply smiled, glad to see that Sherlock was willing to rest after their long case. She curled up on the floor beside where he was, ready to awaken at the slightest indication that her stallionfriend needed her.

Sent from my KFOT